Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? (532 Views)

Best Platform To Promote Your Goods And Services / Dubious Price List By Bulk SMS Platform / Orin: First web-based music streaming platform for Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
I look forward to creating a database driven website for an NGO. Pls nairaland webmasters, what platform do u think is the best?
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by sisqology(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lesinho: I look forward to creating a database driven website for an NGO. Pls nairaland webmasters, what platform do u think is the best?

Your question is like saying; "Please people I am trying to greet someone Goodmorning, which language is the best to greet this person with?"

IMHO

Anyone you are good with.If I understand your question clearly.
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lesinho: what platform do u think is the best?

Are you asking about a language or a CMS? If it's a language, as sisqology right said, do it with any language you know how to use. PHP, Python, Ruby, etc can do it pretty well.

If you are asking about CMS, again, it depends on what you know. WP, Joomla, Drupal, etc can do it pretty well. You are the one that will decide based on the platform you work with.
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by yawatide(f): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
When you say database-driven, is there anything out of the ordinary that we should know of? In other words, why the database?

Generally speaking (and I say this without knowing specifics), I would say go for a CMS so that once you are done, you train them on how to update stuff themselves, assuming they don't want to pay you to do it. If it is just an informational website and moreover, the site won't be updated that often, just give them a database-less website. There is no use using a sledge hammer to knock in an office pin.
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2013

Please post specific info about your NGO Project to get better advice.
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thanks for your comments @all . . .i really do appreciate. I'll try WP.
Am yet to get a detailed info about the project that was why my question wasn't really specific. I'll update this thread when i get it.
Re: What Is The Best Platform For An Organization Website? by abdul4me(m): 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
If you setup a mission to investigate the best CMS or Blog to use for a web project, You may live never to take off. The more you look, the more you get confused. What I suggest is to take your to Google and preferably I recommend the followings for a start.
WordPress = You don't have to be a programmer before doing anything. The most popular Blog software on earth with endless plugins and theme. Wordpress can really do any thing you can dream of; about web app development.
B2evolution = Almost as easy as the first option. In summary, WordPress came out of B2evolution.
Joomla = Most trusted in terms of security as compared to wordpress and
Tumblr
Drupal

Follow this link
https://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=Q_oVU8_TK4GKtQbNkYHgBA#newwindow=1&q=The+best+php+CMS&safe=off

(1) (Reply)

Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? / Help With A Banner Ad Link / Create Mobile Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.