Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,001 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:18 AM

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon (8945 Views)

Novak Djokovic To Face Andy Murray In Australian Open Final / Nadal Beats Djokovic To Win Usopen / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1190158_murray_jpgf6ffc6bdf3220d2217f13fb51a126d73[/img]

He was in tears this time last year when he was beaten by RF but has fate will have it, this year he's full of joy after beaten Novak is three straight set to end the British wait since 1936.

Andy Murray won his first Wimbledon title and ended Britain's 77-year-wait for a men's champion with a brilliant victory over world number one Novak Djokovic.

The Scot, 26, converted his fourth championship point in a dramatic final game to win 6-4 7-5 6-4 and claim his second major title.

In an atmosphere reminiscent of his Olympic final win last summer, Murray was willed on by the majority of the 15,000 spectators on Centre Court, thousands watching on the nearby big screen and millions more around the country.
And after a gruelling three hours and 10 minutes in temperatures exceeding 40C, he finally followed in the footsteps of Fred Perry's 1936 win at the All England Club.

Perry used to leap over the net in celebration, but Britain's new champion roared in delight before sinking to his knees on the turf.

The final game had been a battle in itself, with Murray seeing three match points slip by from 40-0 and fending off three Djokovic break points with some fearless hitting, before the Serb sent a backhand fly long to end the contest.
Murray then headed into the stands to celebrate with his family and support team, before parading the trophy around Centre Court.

By Piers Newbery - BBC Sport

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by jonzy1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Next in line for knighthood.....

First to comment tho.....

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Too happy for him!

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
cool Congrats AndY
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by dolphinife: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Immediately the match ended, I was moved when andy murray's mother broke into tears....I nearly wept too cos it took Great Britain 77 years to win this wimbledon trophy.....am currently washing it here with baileys and asun.....come join me oooo
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by kbabajide(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
all hail sir andy murray

2 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by elampiro(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lovely! He had done in again, this time in front of his people. How sweet!
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Blackvampire(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Does it affect the price of garri in the market

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congrats Murray, you did well. Making the British proud. cool
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by geogino(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
I am so happy for him.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by HomesOfLife(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
wow congrats
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by ddippset(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
even after he won the first 2 sets i still feared for him because novak is a beast. if there's any man alive who could win a match from 2 sets down it had to be the serb. but it was never meant to be as he lost in straight sets. novak djokovic will never know what hit him.

2 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Andy Is growing eachdae, Just bad that his promising talent Is not rewarded with Laurels - Blame it on the british Voodoo cheesy

Didnt watch this though.

Having Nadal crash Out in the first round only had a message to relay 'More Surprises ahead', So am not surprised!

Congrats Andy! Let the Britians now Clamp down Nigerians Visa Dough cheesy

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by MAYOWAAK: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
In Numbers!
On the 7th day of the 7th month, after 77years of waiting, Andy Murray puts Great Britain on the world map of Tennis by winning Wimbledon 2013 edition!

11 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
I helped him with my Merlin powers.
I kept yelling 'Tospringe' at the TV set. lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by vicoloni(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Some people are funny. I see many bb users putting 'congratulations Andy' as their dp message yet many of them have never seen a tennis match before.!

2 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
That's what's up, my Scottish brother.

The UK got the juice now, thanks to Andy.

Proud of you!!
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by OAM4J: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congrats Andy!
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Tolexander: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congrat to the Scot!

So this is the motive of the british by pouring only what god knows on the wimblendon pitch making our stars to have injury at the start of the tournament.
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by 50calibre(m): 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
shymexx: That's what's up, my Scottish brother.

The UK got the juice now, thanks to Andy.

Proud of you!!

Are you Scottish? Do you think Scottish people value being British?

Scottish people have deep seated hatred for the English
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Immortal1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
My heart was virtually in my mouth during d last game. Choi! Advantage Djukovic...Deuce, Advantage Djukovic...Deuce, Advantage Djukovic...Deuce, Advantage Murray...and game! Waoh!!

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by ddippset(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
MAYOWAAK: In Numbers!
On the 7th day of the 7th month, after 77years of waiting, Andy Murray puts Great Britain on the world map of Tennis by winning Wimbledon 2013 edition!
if i may add; murray is older than novak by 7 days and they were born in the 7th year of the 80's(1987).

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by agabaI23(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Congrats Andy
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by zuma4k(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Black vampire: Does it affect the price of garri in the market
u must not show how senseless you are...
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
50calibre:
Are you Scottish? Do you think Scottish people value being British?

Scottish people have deep seated hatred for the English

I know, hence why I called him "my Scottish brother."

Andy sees himself as a Scot and he doesn't like the British tag.

However, I love Andy Murray and everything he stands for - and I admire Scottish people. They made this Island what it's.

You need to check yahoosports for the verbal civil war going on between Scottish and English folks - it's hysterical!! grin
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by AskProf: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dream realised! Congrats Andy.

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Dontripsy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
well deserved. Congrats andy murray!
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
FORK ANDY FORK THE QUEEN AND FORK FISH AND CHIPS
Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by yamunla(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
If he win dem go call am British,if he loose dem go call am Scottish...Obodo Oyibo pple sha..Baba Fergie and judy murray will be happy now!

3 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by solomon111(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nonsense.
This overrated brit just ruined my day.
Bbc,dailymail,and the mirror will be practically a "no-go area" for the next 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by AbuMikey(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
adaobi123: Congrats Murray, you did well. Making the British proud. cool
FucccccK!

1 Like

Re: Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon by gistin123: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
The British will celebrate this like FIFA world cup final. anyway, good for Andy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guinea Vs Senegal : AFCON 2023 (0 - 2) On 23rd January 2024 / Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? / Newcastle Appoints Steve Bruce As New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.