Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Imo APC Chieftains Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo APC Chieftains Resign (6635 Views)

Obasanjo Meets Buhari , APC chieftains before Ambode rally / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) / Okorocha Picks Imo APC Governorship Ticket After Losing Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo APC Chieftains Resign by omongbatim: 6:13am On Jul 08, 2013
APC suffers setback in Imo as party chieftains resign

By CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI — The fledgling fortunes of the unregistered All Progressives Congress, APC, suffered a setback weekend in Imo State, following the resignation of the state chairman of All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, Chief Vitalis Orikeze Ajmbe, and a host of his colleagues.

Disclosing his decision to newsmen, Chief Ajumbe explained that the yet-to-be-registered political party was dead on arrival in Imo.

He recalled that he loved ANPP with passion when he joined the party and even promised not to leave it, stressing that this was despite its sagging fortunes over the years.

Ajumbe said: “I loved ANPP with passion when I joined it. I promised not to leave it despite its fortunes, for any other political party because we enjoyed freedom of expression and internal democracy”.

He was, however, irked that some of the unpatriotic party men, who immensely benefitted from the party, bluntly refused or neglected to fund ANPP.

Ajumbe recalled with grief that as chairman of ANPP in the state, he personally bankrolled expenses of the nine cases prosecuted in the court by the party, pointing out that ANPP still owed him N22 million incurred in its interest.

On his feelings about the emerging APC, Chief Ajumbe said: “APC is a good party but the problem lies with its component parts. This is why I do no see any ray of light at the end of the tunnel in both the ANPP and APC. This is why I am constrained to leave both parties.”

Chief Ajmbe said as far as he was concerned, there was no APC in Imo State, adding that there couldn’t be APC in the state without ACN and ANPP.

Chief Ajumbe said he enjoyed cordial relationship with members of his former party during the nine years he was in charge.

On which party he would join after bowing out of APC and ANPP, Ajumbe said he would definitely not join the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/apc-suffers-setback-in-imo-as-party-chieftains-resign/#sthash.p46Qz1gq.dpuf
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by takedat(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2013
To cut the long story short, they resigned because money did not flow as it should Its all about transaction for most of politicians cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by mensdept: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2013
He was in charge for 9 years. Dayum
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Enegod(m): 6:55am On Jul 08, 2013
In today's news
* PDP convention: Atiku’s name missing on
delegates’ list
* APC’ll defeat PDP in 2015 – El-Rufai
* Yobe killings barbaric, wicked – Jonathan
* North ready to negotiate 2015
presidency —Aliyu
* Killers aided by lack of GSM –Gov
* FG to generate 4,000MW electricity from
coal
* Amaechi, Oshiomhole, shun SE/SS govs’
meeting
* Housemaid jailed 28 years for stealing
N35m jewellery
* Unregistered SIMs: Subscribers to lose
numbers in September

www.punchng.com
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by slimghost(m): 8:16am On Jul 08, 2013
Yeah, Arewa People's Congress is DOA in igboland. I expect even an slowpoke to know this.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by ACM10: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2013
*clears throat*

1 Like

Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by hrykanu231(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2013
So soon?
See me on 1st 10...in Mama's voice*am proud of son*
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 08, 2013
This is just the beginning
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by wilxz(m): 9:27am On Jul 08, 2013
If he resigns from ANPP and would not join APC or PDP, how does he intent to be relevant in Imo state politics, He should just resign from politics altogether.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Watermelon(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2013
ok oh, he can form his own political party.

1 Like

Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by kaeto(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2013
APC or boko related parties in Igboland shall never stand. People think it's easy to forget the number of igbo slain in the north and the northern leaders and elders didn't bath an eyelid, you guys think we'll forget it even in the next hundred years? Okorocha draw another map for you are standing on a tin rope.

2 Likes

Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by greall1: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Congrat.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Hmmm.... More drama still to unfold. Watching with interest.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by 5much(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2013
Igbos will certainly not fall for APC. NOT ANYTIME SOON.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2013
kaeto: APC or boko related parties in Igboland shall never stand. People think it's easy to forget the number of igbo slain in the north and the northern leaders and elders didn't bath an eyelid, you guys think we'll forget it even in the next hundred years? Okorocha draw another map for you are standing on a tin rope.

And you blame APC not PDP? Lol.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2013
5much: Igbos will certainly not fall for APC. NOT ANYTIME SOON.
Speak for yourself.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by efyguy(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2013
omongbatim:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/apc-suffers-setback-in-imo-as-party-chieftains-resign/#sthash.p46Qz1gq.dpuf
let him go..good ridiance †̥o bad rubbish..what impact has he added †̥o ANPP ever since he joined the party?
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Longeria(m): 11:07am On Jul 08, 2013
Chief Ajumbe was right on spot on this. His action is a desperate move to avoid the evil bandwagon, APC. Better late than never. Okorocha thinks Igbos of today are the type he can trick into his bag of deceptions. What wait him in APC is Waterloo. I don't know of other Igbos, We the IMOLITES will never vote ALHAJIS POLITICAL CABAL, " APC ".
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Ndjones(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2013
Who cares Mr. Stammerer
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Torch1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ok.. Who is next?
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Hamazz1: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Wht do u expect frm an igbo man am not with u n am not against u then u r a cynical hypocrite.d SE seems to b d only zone sticking with Gej.motion without political ideology.little wonder d peak of your political antecedents is d senate president cos to u money leads d way.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Hamazz1: 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
Longeria: Chief Ajumbe was right on spot on this. His action is a desperate move to avoid the evil bandwagon, APC. Better late than never. Okorocha thinks Igbos of today are the type he can trick into his bag of deceptions. What wait him in APC is Waterloo. I don't know of other Igbos, We the IMOLITES will never vote ALHAJIS POLITICAL CABAL, " APC ".
justification for this stiff disposition.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by tomakint: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Youngtekkey(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mumu Dey Worry Many Of Una How Many Weeks Does It Takes To Appoint Another Idiot Fellow Abeg Park One Side Make I Hear Word
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Longeria(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hamazz1: justification for this stiff disposition.
APC is a replica of Egypt Muslim brother hood, a cancer all Egyptians want to get rid of. The best time to kill a Python is at its infancy stage.

1 Like

Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Eziachi: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
How does one resign from an unregistered (non existing yet) party?
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yea! A wise man indeed!
APC is dead on arrival in the South South/South East.

Rochas has dug his political grave, we shall help him to enter it.

My advice to the man is: don't join any party yet.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Eziachi: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Longeria: Chief Ajumbe was right on spot on this. His action is a desperate move to avoid the evil bandwagon, APC. Better late than never. Okorocha thinks Igbos of today are the type he can trick into his bag of deceptions. What wait him in APC is Waterloo. I don't know of other Igbos, We the IMOLITES will never vote ALHAJIS POLITICAL CABAL, " APC ".
And who would the ALHAJI POLITICAL CABAL people give their own vote?
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by Eziachi: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
noblezone: Yea! A wise man indeed!
APC is dead on arrival in the South South/South East.

Rochas has dug his political grave, we shall help him to enter it.

My advice to the man is: don't join any party yet.
You guys need to be careful as you are busy doing Jonathan more harm than his enemies with all these SS/SE thing. Will just SS/SE MAKE HIM PRESIDENT? It better you guys keep your feeling to your chest, instead of all this name calling of others you might need when the time comes.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by whitecat007: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
PDP is the real Boko party. Get it?
kaeto: APC or boko related parties in Igboland shall never stand. People think it's easy to forget the number of igbo slain in the north and the northern leaders and elders didn't bath an eyelid, you guys think we'll forget it even in the next hundred years? Okorocha draw another map for you are standing on a tin rope.
Re: Imo APC Chieftains Resign by DeNoble1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Eziachi:
You guys need to be careful as you are busy doing Jonathan more harm than his enemies with all these SS/SE thing. Will just SS/SE MAKE HIM PRESIDENT? It better you guys keep your feeling to your chest, instead of all this name calling of others you might need when the time comes.
My brother I have 2 questions for you:
1. In Nigeria today, who do you think needs who?
2. Do you think Jonathan won because of the Northern votes?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria / Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today / Presidential Air Fleet Cost Rises By 185.6%, Gulps N50.75bn In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.