Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft (18102 Views)

65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto / Man Sets Self Ablaze After Failed Attempt To Kill Mother / Ogun Fulani Herdsmen Rape, Kill Mother Of Three (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by calddon(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2013
Barely three weeks after a retired solder killed his wife with a machete in Edo State, two children have allegedly murdered their mother, Mrs Howo Ojeifo, at Lampese in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of the state. The late Ojeifo, like the soldier’s wife, was killed with a machete by her children (names withheld), who accused her of witchcraft.

It was gathered that she would have survived if she had not yielded to her daughter’s pressure to accompany her and her younger brother to the farm. But unknown to the woman, her two children, aged 25 and 20 respectively had plotted to kill her in the farm.

Sources told Daily Sun that the elder of the two assailants had been having issues with her mother who she accused of witchcraft and her inability to progress in life. She was, however, said to have apologised to her mother few days to the incident, pleading that she was misled into believing that her mother was responsible for her misfortune.

Unknown to the woman, the unsolicited apology was a decoy and on the fateful day, the suspect appealed to her mother to accompany her somewhere.

It was gathered that despite her mother’s explanation that she was busy with house chores, the suspect said she would wait until she was through and eventually talked her mother into abandoning the cassava she was peeling and accompanied her daughter to the farm.

Mrs Ojeifo was led through a bush path to the farm and midway; her son brought out a machete and started ‘cutting their mother’.

An eyewitness, who the suspects allegedly threatened to deal with if he reported what he had seen, was said to have rushed down to report to the community but before people could be mobilised to the scene, the children had killed their mother.

When contacted yesterday, Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Moses Eguavoen confirmed the incident and said it happened on July 3 and that it was the former husband of the victim, Mr. Itowo who made a formal report to the police.

He said the suspects ran to Uzebba in Owan West council after committing the crime but that the covert intelligence of the police led to their arrest. “The case will soon be transferred to the state command for further investigation,” Eguavoen said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/two-children-kill-mother-over-witchcraft/
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by gbadexy(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2013
When I read that the children where a boy and a girl with the girl being even before finishing the story, I knew the girl must be the brain behind it. The boy just be the mumu that probably agreed just to inherit property like such lazy people can be.
Woman can fit get mind pass man when it comes to it.
I wonder at the intelligence of people, like a boy that stabbed his father, a guy axed and pour acid on friend because of okada and all these stupid acts; do they think they would just go scots free or what.
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Sleekydee(m): 8:58am On Jul 08, 2013
Na so we see am oh. So sad somtin dis tragic happened in ma hometown...signs of endtime.
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2013
Wicked children.

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by pistol: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2013
what stops the children from taking her to a church to deliver her from the witchcraft spirit?
The heart of man is exceedingly wicked.
Your own mother kwa?

6 Likes

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by demelza: 9:27am On Jul 08, 2013
Poverty is always the root cause of incidents like this!
Olorun maje.

2 Likes

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2013
YOU KNOW YOU DONE F-CUKED UP RIGHT ? YOU KNOW YOU DONE F-CUKED UP RIGHT ? MENACE TO SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by k2039: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2013
aged 25 and 20 respectively had plotted to kill her in the farm
They aren't kids,the law court doesn't believe in witchcraft, they may as well start reciting "hell here I come".

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by martyns303(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2013
We Nigerians are really twisted set of ppl, even the most educated of us. Like that lady in the parliament or so, like accusing that excelling guy in ur office.
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by AbuMikey(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2013
Akoko-Edo again? Dis People jus dey embarrass me!!
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 08, 2013
Na orisirisi dey happen dis days ooo, hmmmmm.... D end is near nani.
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by AbuMikey(m): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2013
The Children need to be rehabilitated cos they're suffering from some Brain Disorder!! Ah Sweari Gad!
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by scientology(m): 9:52am On Jul 08, 2013
4K ur story as long as NAMES OF KILLERS WITHELD

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Vonwolf(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2013
Now they can progress to Kuje or Kirikiri for killing their Mum. Their mother didnt kill them with witchcraft when they were born is now they realise she is a witch.Senseless children

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Akoko-Edo again? Dis People jus dey embarrass me!!
LoL they embarrassing u grin

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2013
scientology: 4K ur story as long as NAMES OF KILLERS WITHELD
WHY ? ARE YOU CHECKING TO SEE IF THEY CAUGHT YOUR RELATIVES ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by iamswizz(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2013
k2039:
They aren't kids,the law court doesn't believe in witchcraft, they may as well start reciting "hell here I come".
what makes u tink so?
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Ah Sweari Gad!
KIDS OF TODAY. SMH. SPEAKING HEBREW ON AN ENGLISH FORUM
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by dridowu: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2013
God make us a good children to our parent and bless us with good children.
@topic, so sad
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Pedagogue: 10:00am On Jul 08, 2013
The children are obviously suffering from 'African poverty syndrome ' .

If u are on NL , and u sometimes nurse feelings that your mum is a witch....PLs, stop watching Africa Magic Yoruba!!!

Let me also say this- if she did not use her witchcraft to kill u when u were a baby or when u were younger, why has she suddenly turned to a witch!!!

Well, I have a personal mentality- if my mum is a witch, she should kill me if it pleases her!!!

Ever wondered why Its only poor people that have witch mothers- THAT's COS THEY ALWAYS LOOK FOR Someone TO BLAME FOR THEIR PERSONAL FAILURES

13 Likes

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by AbuMikey(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2013
nadia_SA:
LoL they embarrassing u grin
Yes nau!.... Just Like South Africans embarrassing You tongue
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2013
cry If oshiomole gives them death sentence now those charge and bail lawyers will put up unnecessary defence! Mtchewwww wicked children, after 9months of discomfort and pain,and years of suffering to bring u up, u killed her *crying*
chiover: Wicked children.

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by AbuMikey(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2013
obadiah777: KIDS OF TODAY. SMH. SPEAKING HEBREW ON AN ENGLISH FORUM
Bros Which one you nor dey nau??....U jus dey Police this thread like say na U get am!!!? Abeg go back to your Alaska Plane crash thread go dey make noise!! tonguetongue
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2013
bad. What a small mind to think that their mother(if she truly was one) was the only witch after them.
Besides, thats murder. Horrible!
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Youngzedd(m): 10:06am On Jul 08, 2013
[size=15pt]ALREADY EXISTING THREAD..........

CHECK HERE >>>> https://www.nairaland.com/1350922/children-kill-mother-over-alleged[/size]
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2013
peppy luv: cry If oshiomole gives them death sentence now those charge and bail lawyers will put up unnecessary defence! Mtchewwww wicked children, after 9months of discomfort and pain,and years of suffering to bring u up, u killed her *crying*
LIKE THE CHILDREN ASKED TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD RIGHT ? WHEN SHE WAS ENJOYING HER YANSHING THE CHILDREN WERE NOT THERE SO WHATS ALL THIS TALK OF CARRYING DISCOMFORT FOR 9 MONTHS ? THATS THE BY PRODUCT OF HER YANSHING. I HATE WHEN MOTHERS START GUILT TRIPPING KIDS LIKE THAT. LIKE I ASKED TO BE BORN ? angry

1 Like

Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Bros Which one you nor dey nau??....U jus dey Police this thread like say na U get am!!!? Abeg go back to your Alaska Plane crash thread go dey make noise!! tonguetongue
grin grin grin
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Youngzedd(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2013
[size=15pt]ALREADY EXISTING THREAD..........

CHECK HERE >>>> https://www.nairaland.com/1350922/children-kill-mother-over-alleged[/size]
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Sijo01(f): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Akoko-Edo again? Dis People jus dey embarrass me!!

Take heart Bro, such is life.
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2013
Highest form of inhumane, gosh! What happened to the unconditional love between mother and child Lord have mercy, sighs
Re: Two Children Kill Mother Over Witchcraft by bknight: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2013
While some people run their mouths carelessly against death penalty undecided

Only barbaric measures are effective against barbaric minds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Market Explosion Was Caused By Battery Spark – Police / Slay Queen Stripped Unclad, Tortured After Accusation Of Stealing Phone. Photos / Police Denounce Burning Of Fulani Herdsmen's Houses In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.