Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow (12017 Views)

9 Soldiers Pay Fine, For Using BRT Lane..... / NAF Hospital For Boko Haram Victims Commences Operations In Borno (photos) / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by etudaddy(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2013
BY JONAH NWOKPOKU

Lagos — Lagos State Government through the state Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, LAMATA, regulator of the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, will from tomorrow commence the use of e-ticketing payment as part of ongoing re-structuring of BRT’s operations and management aimed at enhancing effectiveness.

Managing Director, LAMATA, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, who disclosed this, weekend, said the measure was part of a holistic plan at returning the BRT operations and experience to its once efficient and effective state when it was fist launched in 2008.

Mobereola said the Lagos State Government was not unaware of the challenges that commuters using the current BRT system were experiencing, explaining that steps were currently being taken to ensure the restoration of efficient and effective service delivery on the system and increase its capacity.

According to him, the e-ticketing payment was a solution through a payment card named ‘Lagos Connect,’ and would offer commuters several options, saying, “with the e-payment system,Lagos Connect, commuters in Lagos will pay as low as N20 per trip instead of N70. They would not need to struggle for change or lose their money, and the system is safe and convenient.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/brt-commences-e-ticketing-tomorrow/

9 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by daywatcher: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2013
this is what we mean when we talk about schemes that will benefit the masses not white elephant projects

6 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by johnbeazy: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2013
Nice one. I hope the E-ticketing would reduce the chance of passengers being cheated by the guys that sell the tickets like I was when I took a bus from Race Course.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2013
Nice one.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Horus(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2013
How to get a ‘Lagos Connect’ e-payment card?

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Etumgbe(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2013
good development

3 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Tolexander: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2013
Nice move!

Think i need hacking the site to gat these for free.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Bawss1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
Can more light be shed on this development, what does this eticket scheme entail? Will commuters be able to pay for tickets via their mobile?

An interesting development, really.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by mrking3(m): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
†ђξ Idea sounds nice and people oriented! But first, they have to come up with massive orientation to carry everyone along.

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by geeez: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
If I was BRF, I will auction all the LAGBUS owned buses to private operators and get LAMATA to define standards for operations of the buses from aesthetics to minimum standards for functionality

4 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by kelvincoll(m): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
geeez:
If I was BRF, I will auction all the LAGBUS owned buses to private operators and get LAMATA to define standards for operations of the buses from aesthetics to minimum standards for functionality

cool.. you spoke well, I'm sure he's aware of the prospect from such initiative but the corruption in the system won't allow it be effected, you wan kick some Cabals out of Business ni?

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by geeez: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
kelvincoll:

cool.. you spoke well, I'm sure he's aware of the prospect from such initiative but the corruption in the system won't allow it be effected, you wan kick some Cabals out of Business ni?

Then let the 'cabals' buy the buses

3 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by daftpikin: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
Free Rides
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by ossaisly(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
We are waiting to see how effective these modernized molue will advance its operation . But as far as am concerned, BRT is a failing project! Only Lag bus is more effective .

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
In other news:

Jonathan rejects removal of immunity clause, and his mistress, Ngozi okonjo finally admits being clueless on how to tackle the rising unemployment.

Isokay!!!

3 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by dridowu: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
lovely idea

2 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by omodapson(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tolexander: Nice move!

You just displayed your level of intelligence on a social forum! Clap for yourself Mr. hacker. People are trying to make living better, but you are determined to take us back into the stone age through your nefarious works. Just keep it up and I hope it works well for you.

5 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
How many passangers have the card now or are they going to accept ATM cards?
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by snakova(m): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
later some monkeys on nairaland wud start taking us ages back wit their obsolete train project news. eko oni baje o

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by lifestyle1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
cool
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
snakova: later some monkeys on nairaland wud start taking us ages back wit their obsolete train project news. eko oni baje o

Lmao

In this age of supersonic engine-powered train,insincere nigerian is displaying some over 100 years old coal-powered refursbished locomotive as an achievement of jonathan. Bunch of buttwipes !

3 Likes

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by supaeagles(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
omodapson: You just displayed your level of intelligence on a social forum! Clap for yourself Mr. hacker. People are trying to make living better, but you are determined to take us back into the stone age through your nefarious works. Just keep it up and I hope it works well for you.
no mind am abeg. Na hacker wanna be, you only hear of a hacker's actions after a system has been compromised. The ones that talk before are just merely kidding around smiley
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by timilehin007(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Where are we going to download the E-ticketing application?
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Where's Naptu to come and explain to us how this will work
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by oloyedejamiu: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
nice development
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by samtos007: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2013

Start from Nairaland.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
what actually is the difference between this BRT and MOLUES?

Half of the pasengers are sitting, the others are standing.

The famous BRT lanes have are history, the busses are delapidated, dirty and too few and the tinubu gang can think of is a yahoo payment that will channel of the fund to burdinlon

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Aderostock(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kayode Opeifa, Commissioner for Transportation, disclosed this on Friday in Ikeja at a news briefing organised to mark Governor Babatunde Fashola`s sixth year in office.
He described the feat as unprecedented, adding
that it was achieved by the deployment of an
additional 364 buses across the different BRT
routes. The commissioner said the state government had licenced more franchisees to operate buses on new routes, to improve commuters' access to the BRT system.
On the problem of rickety buses, Mr. Opeifa
said the government had finalised arrangements
with the operators, to re-fleet and get the required spare-parts for the faulty ones. "The government is also monitoring franchisees to ensure that they operate within our regulatory framework. "Three erring operators have been sanctioned, while some others are being questioned on various issues," he said.
The commissioner said the ongoing expansion of
Ikorodu Road by the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) was part of government`s efforts to expand BRT infrastructure. He said the government had also
acquired more ferries and built modern jetties
across the state, to boost water transportation.
He said the government planned the introduction of cable cars to ply routes in Apapa and Ikoyi as part of efforts to provide more transportation options for residents. He said the promulgation of traffic laws, which restricted motorcycle operations on 475 roads, had reduced `Okada'- related accidents and deaths by as much as 80 per cent. The commissioner added that the legislation had made the state safer.
Mr. Opeifa said the state government had erected 25,000 traffic signal lights in the last one
year, to enhance traffic management in the state.
He added that the state government was boosting the capacity of men of the Lagos State Transport Management Agency (LASTMA) with
training and equipment, to ensure efficiency. He
also clarified that the introduction of uniforms
for drivers and conductors was being delayed by
logistic issues, adding that the programme would take off soon.
The commissioner restated the commitment of
the state government to establish a modern rail
transportation, adding that the ongoing light rail
project was aimed at achieving that.

http://m.naij.com/news/33777.html

1 Like

Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by donchichi1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
What Lamata (BRT Operator ) should be after is regulating their operation ie overloading,speed limit of the pilots, attitude of the staff etc not E-ticketing.
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by adwem2003(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
Those guys wey dey sell tickets wont have my N10 change to swallow again. cheesy
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by cycline404(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
I think there major project should be general overhaulling of the BRT......... U need to see the interior of every of the buses especially those moving from KETU to CMS... Some the chairs would have gone... They need maintenance, not this mad beefing e-ticket
Re: BRT Commences E-ticketing Tomorrow by Testerfuze(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2013

Chaii....abeg no Bankrupt naija naw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Won’t Appear Before ICC – PDP / Without A Cabinet, Nigeria Is Stuck 'On Hold' - Reuters / Experts Criticize FG Over ₦568.5 Billion Vote To Repair Loss-Making PH Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.