Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law (24225 Views)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill / Jonathan Sign Anti Terrorism/money Laundering Bill!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Youngzedd(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2013

Asaba—The Bishop of St. Peter’s Anglican Catheral Asaba, Delta State, Rev Justin Mogekwu, has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to sign into law, the anti-gay bill passed by the National Assembly.

The cleric made the call, weekend in his sermon at the Cathedral, during a funeral service for mother of Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, NIALS, Prof Epiphany Azinge, SAN, the late Mrs Angelina Azinge.

Mogekwu condemned same sex marriage, describing same as evil and a curse from hell.

He said: “Same sex marriage is a curse from hell; it is not a human right. Imagine what would have happened when your father wanted to marry your mother and said to his own father, dad, I have seen the person I want to marry and he said, ‘fine, bring the person home and let me see her.’ And then he goes to bring one Isaiah, saying,‘ dad this is my wife to be.”

The cleric described gay marriage as evil and wickedness, which must be resisted with the last drop of our blood.

He berated the US President Barrack Obama, for advocating same sex marriage, describing it as a next step to heinous sex perversion.

He warned that if not checked, the next thing will be for somebody to say: “I want to marry my dog.”

He noted that President Jonathan must not delay in signing “this wonderful bill” as passed by the National Assembly into law.

The Senate passed the Anti-Gay bill, recommending 14 years imprisonment for anybody found engaging in gay activities.

He commended the Senator representing the zone, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa for doing a great job in the Senate.

The service was attended by prominent political leaders, judicial officers and dignitaries from all parts of the country, including Delta State governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, Senator Chris Ngige, Dr. Joe Nwodo, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, General Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Mr Emeka Obegolu and omong others.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by stebell(m): 10:58am On Jul 08, 2013
This is Africa. This is Naija. Kudos to yu Bishop. We can't afford to allow same sex marriage take place in our country. Death penalty shud be de reward for such devilish act. Pres. GEJ pls hurry up and sign dis Anti-Gay Bill into law.

43 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by funshybam(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish

24 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
ultra gay

21 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mensdept: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
Its the right thing for a change (coming from this Rev).

Obama coming to AFrica to tell them to consider being gay is just funny. He knew it, but is acting on what his supporters wanted him to do. Period.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
ode, oponu, afofun, white-wannabe, follow-follow, mumu...u better go dig ground bury urself!!!

58 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:20am On Jul 09, 2013
lool why "isiah" grin grin
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by njiaka(f): 12:22am On Jul 09, 2013
maybe jonathan is scared
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by FILEBE(m): 12:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Omo...walahi! I had thought d o.p's topic is: Cleric ask Jonathan to sign gay bill into law.
faint wan catch me ni sha!

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by illicit(m): 12:27am On Jul 09, 2013
so long overdue, why shud dis even bcom an issue? Infact let Stoning be recommended for offenders

7 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by illicit(m): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish
dude, u must be a product of two sick men's marriage

25 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by tellwsdom: 12:32am On Jul 09, 2013
No, sign a gun to kill them angry #preferably undecided
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lafuria1(m): 12:32am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish
How is it any body's problem if people want to take concain or any hard drugs, it's their body afterall but yet taking or transporting hard drugs is illegal right?
Of what benefits are gays to humanity, nothing of worth. If anybody wants to practice homo, he should practice it in his bedroom, the public don't need them.

32 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mgbeketoto: 12:35am On Jul 09, 2013

He said: “Same sex marriage is a curse from hell; it is not a human right. grin Imagine what would have happened when your father wanted to marry your mother and said to his own father, dad, I have seen the person I want to marry and he said, ‘fine, bring the person home and let me see her.’ And then he goes to bring one Isaiah, saying,‘ dad this is my wife to be.”

The cleric described gay marriage as evil and wickedness, which must be resisted with the last drop of our blood.

He berated the US President Barrack Obama, for advocating same sex marriage, describing it as a next step to heinous sex perversion.

wink wink wink wink wink

He warned that if not checked, the next thing will be for somebody to say: “I want to marry my dog.”

Hmmm!
Thou protest TOO MUCH sir! kiss
SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP. . . BUSH AFRICAN NIGGER! kiss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmxeNHaF-

Most CHRISTIAN PASTORS AND BISHOP ODUNLELES ARE BI-SEXXXUALS!
Not to mention 2/3 of NIGERIAN MALES WHO ARE MARRIED WITH CHILDREN! kiss FACT!
Moo-Moo! kiss

Where you dey when Naija dudes don begin to phock GOATS AND PIGEONS? grin

Oya begin kill them! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw-65YEUtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_aWhvXcyE

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by samwizzye(m): 12:37am On Jul 09, 2013
.......Just passing by.......

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by dhammer(m): 12:38am On Jul 09, 2013
If worshipping satan is not illegal, whats really the big deal? Anyway he without sin cast the first stone, ps if you read your bible properly, it says : the soul that sinneth shall die, God does not discriminate sin, sin is sin, so you that stole 1k will be burning right next to the guy who killed 5000 people.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:39am On Jul 09, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: lool why "isiah" grin grin
what do you mean?
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2013
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..

25 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Lero15(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2013
gay marriage is devilish...another Obama devil-inspired scheme. Africa must say "no" because d devil is winning in N/America already.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cold(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2013
Whilst I have personal reservations about the whole gay furore,i find it difficult to fathom why the anti-gay stance is predicated mainly on the premise of religion. Jesus never got married,walked around with 12 men,wore flowing gowns without underpants. Hmm..Ok,i'll say no more

8 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:44am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
1000000 likes. I second all you have said.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by chei: 12:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Reverend abeg tell them o. I wonder how I go dey reason to blast my fellow man for yansh grin even the thought makes my skin crawl.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lovelydoll: 12:48am On Jul 09, 2013
the homophobes are gay themselves.What can gay do to you honestly. If it is legal will you be the one marrying them.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 09, 2013
Has it not been signed already? undecided
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by chei: 12:53am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Nigeria is not

Civility is subjective. Lol
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by braine(m): 12:54am On Jul 09, 2013
These jobless pastors sha. Although the bible condemns man laying with man. But then, its nobody's business if they decide to do it secretly.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 12:56am On Jul 09, 2013
braine: One of is sons is gay.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
ehn?!?! how did you know

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by braine(m): 1:00am On Jul 09, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
ehn?!?! how did you know

you want to know how water enter coconut sis? grin

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cold(m): 1:01am On Jul 09, 2013
The sexuality of Jesus Christ is queried.

Was Jesus queer? We don't know. But it is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. One version of St. Mark's gospel - which is still the subject of academic dispute - alludes to Jesus having a homosexual relationship with a youth he raised from the dead.According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his nak3d body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God" grin.The veracity of this manuscript is hotly contested by other Biblical scholars. This comes as no surprise. The revelation of a gay Jesus would undermine some of the most fundamental tenets of orthodox Christianity, including its rampant homophobia.But even if the text is genuine, does this ambiguous, elliptical passage offer evidence of Jesus's homosexuality? It is hard to say. The precise nature of the relationship between Christ and the youth is not spelled out. Sexual relations are suggested but not explicitly stated.The Morton Smith document is, in fact, irrelevant to the vexed issue of Christ's sexual orientation. What we can say for certain is that the standard, accepted Biblical narrative gives us no information at all about Jesus's sexuality.This absence of firm information does not, of course, mean that we can take it for granted that Christ was heterosexual. Far from it! The lack of information about his erotic inclinations begs more questions than it answers.The truth is that we simply don't know whether Jesus was straight, gay, bisexual or celibate. There is certainly no evidence for the Church's unspoken presumption that he was either heterosexual or devoid of carnal desires. Since nothing in the Bible points to Christ having erotic feelings for women, or relationships with the female sex, the possibility of him being gay cannot be discounted.In the absence of any evidence - [b]let alone proof - that Jesus was heterosexual, the theological basis of Church homophobia is all the more shaky and indefensible. How can established religion dare denounce homosexuality when the founder of its faith was himself a man of mysterious, unknown sexuality who could, for all we know, have been homosexual?The Bible tells us that Jesus was born a man and therefore presumably had male sexual feelings. It would have been more or less impossible, biologically, for him not to have an element of erotic arousal - even if only having the normal male response of waking with an er3ction [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:01am On Jul 09, 2013
braine:

you want to know how water enter coconut sis? grin
what do you mean naw??
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by touch4mony: 1:02am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish
one of them here,pls once he comes after ur bros u kw what to do.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 09, 2013
You'd better let gay men marry each other. If not, they'll take all the few good women wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Yoruba Leaders’ Threat Against Fulani Herdsmen Diversionary – Falana / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro / Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.