Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (43980 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Go Down)

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On May 19, 2008
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=111890

ThisDay is carrying this story, saying several Nigerians have been beaten to death in a wave of anti-foreigner riots in south Africa. The report alleges that Nigerians have been dragged from buses and beaten to death.

Read

Many Nigerians were reportedly killed in South Africa yesterday following fast-spreading riots against foreigners in the country.
Also, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) reported yesterday that at least five people have been burnt or beaten to death in Johannesburg as violence against immigrants spreads.
A Nigerian who lives in South Africa told THISDAY yesterday that the xenophobic attacks were launched against Nigerians while many of them were either in church or on their way to church.
The areas where Nigerians were most affected are Hillbrow and Yeovil as the riots spread to the Johannesburg city centre.
[b]Many Nigerians were said to have been dragged out of buses and beaten to death while the security agents appeared not to intervene.[/b]More than 50 other people were taken to hospital in the suburb of Cleveland with stab or bullet wounds, the BBC reported, noting that the trouble began a week ago in the sprawling township of Alexandra.
Immigrants from neighbouring African countries were set upon by men with guns and iron bars chanting "kick the foreigners out" as terrified Zimbabweans, Mozambicans and Malawians fled to the safety of the local police station and to another township, Diepsloot.
They were then attacked there as well - shacks were burnt down and shops looted. The violence has since spread to other areas.
BBC’s correspondent in Johannesburg said the attacks have prompted soul searching among South Africans.
Nelson Mandela, former president, had expressed his concern, saying the country must not descend into what he called "destructive divisiveness".
Since the end of apartheid, millions of African immigrants have poured into South Africa seeking jobs and economic sanctuary.
But they have become scapegoats for many of the country's social problems - its high rate of unemployment, a shortage of housing and one of the worst levels of crime in the world.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by texazzpete(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2008
brothers, we must not relent. i know that the people behind this are black, so are not as appealing a target as caucasians, but we must carry on the spirit of Boycott!

I appeal to all patriotic Nigerians to break their MTN lines in twain! Smash your DSTV decoders! Destroy all your old Chaka Chaka cds!

Say no to maltreatment of Nigerians! Even if it's by black people grin
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by denuda: 8:02am On May 19, 2008
I agree we should also boycott south african airways,since we are in the season of boycotting, we should tell fifa that as nigeria is the giat of africa and african football,d world cup should not be held in south africa,or else nigeria would boycott the world cup.
yes also we should organise a protest to the south african embassy,dey cannot treat a nigerian like a scape goat, we should also take out plea to the united nations, dey must boycot south africa or else nigeria would boycott the un, we are the giant of africa,we have oil and gas, d world needs us,infact let us boycott everybody that offends us.
SOLIDARITY
SOLIDARITY
SOLIDARITY

N.B NIGERIA WOULD BE SEEN TO BE RACIST IF WE LET DIS ONE LIE,IF WE CAN CALL 4 A BOYCOTT OF BA, THEN WE SHOULD CALL FOR A BOYCOTT OF ALL SOUTH AFRICAN GOODS
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by landis(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2008
Very Sad.

This again has to do with Nigeria Govt; you get this treatment when you give 'unconditional help' to people

We paid for their FREEDON, we provide FREE education to many SA during apatheid.

Nigerians should be worshipped rather killed by SA.

1 Like

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 8:15am On May 19, 2008
all this sarcasm is just flying over people's heads grin

i was actually slightly confused at first - seeing as TP was the original poster . .

we should also boycott the next BBA grin,
and those toyota condors grin
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by jookco(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2008
I will soon boy a domain to publish insults against the Nigerian government, we are not populated like India, we have crude that can end poverty in Nigeria, yet Nigerians keep running from our country because of bad government, being governed by uneducated people and aboki's that suppose to handle cattle ranch, do you read about small Ghana asking every nigerian to commit 40,000 usd in their economy before you can live, my God this country is going to hell, Obansajo you are more than Satan, see what you put me through, to live my business and come to US where i get the sufferness of my life, God can never forget you
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 8:48am On May 19, 2008
its hard to believe this, another black on black crime? if this indeed is true ( which I pray it is not), then the FG should demand an explanation from Mbeki. If no response, then we do it the russian style, pack up all SA interests in the country!!! shikena!

1 Like

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by texazzpete(m): 9:44am On May 19, 2008
FBS:

its hard to believe this, another black on black crime? if this indeed is true ( which I pray it is not), then the FG should demand an explanation from Mbeki. If no response, then we do it the russian style, pack up all SA interests in the country!!! shikena!

Why demand an 'explanation' from Mbeki, when we cheerfully demanded 'compensation' from BA?

Compensation and apology! Nothing less!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 9:49am On May 19, 2008
Why demand an 'explanation' from Mbeki, when we cheerfully demanded 'compensation' from BA?

Compensation and apology! Nothing less!

compensation and apologies to whom, the deseased or their families? if so, good, else what point are you making?

atimes, you just think of jungle justice when such things happens!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2008
for y'all on VI, we could do an LA riot style looting on Nando's (i belive they are SA) grin

lets get that free fired chicken, while letting those 'twalas' know they can't mess with us cheesy
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Jamco45: 11:06am On May 19, 2008
sad
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 11:46am On May 19, 2008
very very sad, this is unheard of,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by vikiviko(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2008
Its true, a cousin of mine just returned with serious bodily injuries, he was stabbed severally on the stomach and chest.He survived by the skin of his teeth.
Its a season to be patriotic, be a true Nigerian by voicing your compalints about the South Africans treatment to Nigerians.

I suggest a protest letter be written and sent to all south african representatives in Nigeria from MTN , dstv , embassy
No wonder the govt came the last month to warn Nigerians about travelling to SA.
More measures should be adopted to wade off the Mandela people.

Long live 9ja
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by idupaul: 12:02pm On May 19, 2008
South africans have never hidden their disdain for us, we allow them to run profitable bussinesses here but the wont even allow run our pittance business in their country, Infact rite now i am staring at my MTN sim, and the sim knows today will be bad for it.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by oludayo20(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2008
It's quite sad to know that our govt will not act in this circumstance,they're so busy sharing the loot than to care for an ordinary Nigerian,the foreign affair ministry that's suppose to address a news conference condemningths act,will not do anything,it's painful being a Nigerian now,i really pity my fellow countrymen in south africa knowing fully well that they're alone right there,with nobody to assist them,ever wonder why even Nigerians at home troop to churches!Unless we demand for change, worse than this will continue to happen to us wherever we are,and no one will be spared.
Have a good day!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by ow11(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2008
Look at these impoverished HIV+ bastards killing Nigerians that gave them right to vote in their own country. Instead of them to kick out the Botha Family, they are killing Nigerians. I SAY, YARADUA BAN MTN, DSTV and South African Airlines. Bloody Cafars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 1:36pm On May 19, 2008
how is this a joking matter?

The report said people were targetted and killed- its nothing to joke about,plz.

Neither is it the same thing as the British Airways incident. BA is a commercial airline and a passenger/customer has every right to complain if they feel they were treated unfairly. Nothing wrong with that. People also have the right to boycott the airline if they fell they're being unfairly profiled on the basis of nationality. Nothing wrong with that either. You have a choice of where you want to spend your money.

[s]The new racism these days is being linked to nationality, not only skin color.[/s]

This South African problem is on a different level.

Abi must all the Nigerians living in South Africa also keep quiet over these killings because they are Nigerian? They deserve to be attacked and killed because the Nigerian police force is known to be inefficient? What's the connection here?

can we think straight plz.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by texazzpete(m): 1:45pm On May 19, 2008
@tpia
Where was it stated that 'people deserve to be killed because the Nigerian police is inefficient'?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 1:54pm On May 19, 2008
texazzpete:

@tpia
Where was it stated that 'people deserve to be killed because the Nigerian police is inefficient'?

I was making a comparison, since people are bringing the BA issue to this thread.

See your posts here:

brothers, we must not relent. I know that the people behind this are black, so are not as appealing a target as caucasians, but we must carry on the spirit of Boycott!

I appeal to all patriotic Nigerians to break their MTN lines in twain! Smash your DSTV decoders! Destroy all your old Chaka Chaka cds!

Say no to maltreatment of Nigerians! Even if it's by black people 

and here:

Some people's relatives are affected by this matter, you know.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 2:02pm On May 19, 2008
Its a shame South Africa is spiralling into such a place. I know the media blows things out of porportion but there is an escalating problem of Xenophonbia that exists in South Africa, no doubt. The damage was done not only to Nigerians but other Africans as well, especially the zimbabweans

Pyschologically the S. Africans have been damaged. It is a bullying effect that came through Apartheid era. If you have been oppressed,demonized, terrorized and subjugated to inhumane treatment it is very likelly that when given the chance and the tables are turned you will do the same to people who are less fortunate in your society. If this continues I can no more blame the whites for anything that was inflicted on the native people if this is the attitude that will be continued in this beautiful nation.

My girlfriend is South African and feels really embarrased about what is going on in her country. I would be too if Nigerians ever behaved in such a manner. I mean 419 is one thing but Hatred for your own kind is worse. Much worse!

SHAME! SHAME ! SHAME. Something should be done concerning this. If anyone has any suggestions here is the place to do it. i strongly suggest we go to any and all south african forums and post our disdain for this behaviour. If you let them get away with it now it will continue just like apartheid did.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by landis(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2008
When is Madueke + Yara-ill going to speak-up?

when are we deploying 'armed forces' to bring back these Nigerians?

when are they going to find the criminals that committed this and bring them to justice in Abuja?

what a sad country called Nigeria!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7407572.stm

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by janami(f): 2:11pm On May 19, 2008
this is sad. sad and bad. very bad
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 2:12pm On May 19, 2008
Please peopl let us not just talk and talk for nothing. Post chanels that can be reached to reflect our views on this matter internationally.

Talk Talk is cheap. DO SOMETHING!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 2:29pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

Please peopl let us not just talk and talk for nothing. Post chanels that can be reached to reflect our views on this matter internationally.

Talk Talk is cheap. DO SOMETHING!!!

can you kick start it? why must you wait for someone, ? no one feels good about this,

I perceive these acts to be a very planned! question is by WHOM
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tornadoz(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2008
Since returning to Nairaland on Friday after 2months absence, nothing has irked me more than this article and I'll tell you why.I have long discovered that Texazzpete's biggest foibles is his willingness to condemn anything done by Africans while nonchalantly glossing over numerous atrocities done by white folks on blacks. I was not surprised after reading this trash. If this was done by white folks, Texazzpete would be rummaging racist archives to justify this "atrocity".
While the "cream" of our society emigrate to the US/UK, the "agberos" "419ers" "Drug peddlers" and their ilk goes to South Africa. Is common knowledge that with less than N70,000, you'll be in SA via Namibia. Does it surprise anyone that the worst Nigerians head towards SA rather than USA?. Its a shame we Nigerians have not changed 50yrs after independence, its all right if we do it to other Africans but anathema if reciprocated decades later. Truth is we did the
same thing to Ghanaians in the eighties. 7million of them were forcefully removed by Shagari. SA is host to millions of Zimbabweans, Nigerians etc,
Anyway this thread would have had more substance if this article was posted by any one other than Texazzpete or the odious duo of davidylan/4play. For people who have patented "Bring em down syndrome", to be shedding crocodile tears is laughable.
You have to be a complete slowpoke to think S Africans hate us because we're Nigerians, and you get an unmitigated "No" from me if you ask me if Nigerians deserve these maltreatment from S Africans.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 2:45pm On May 19, 2008
@Tornadoz
While the "cream" of our society emigrate to the US/UK, the "agberos" "419ers" "Drug peddlers" and their ilk goes to South Africa. Is common knowledge that with less than N70,000, you'll be in SA via Namibia. Does it surprise anyone that the worst Nigerians head towards SA rather than USA?. Its a shame we Nigerians have not changed 50yrs after independence, its all right if we do it to other Africans but anathema if reciprocated decades later. Truth is we did the
same thing to Ghanaians in the eighties. 7million of them were forcefully removed by Shagari. SA is host to millions of Zimbabweans, Nigerians etc,
Anyway this thread would have had more substance if this article was posted by any one other than Texazzpete or the odious duo of davidylan/4play. For people who have patented "Bring em down syndrome", to be shedding crocodile tears is laughable.
You have to be a complete slowpoke to think S Africans hate us because we're Nigerians, and you get an unmitigated "No" from me if you ask me if Nigerians deserve these maltreatment from S Africans.

so what point are you making, that SA going on killing people because some Ghanaians were forcefully removed some years ago, ?

people get deported everyday, but not this jungle justice metted on people?

let the law of the land prosecute those 419ers, ageros, etc, if and when caught or do you mean to say there are no agberos or drug pushers or 419ers in the US/Uk?

na wetin be your point??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tornadoz(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2008
@FBS

people get deported everyday, but not this jungle justice metted on people? let the law of the land prosecute those 419ers, ageros, etc, if and when caught or do you mean to say there are no agberos or drug pushers or 419ers in the US/Uk?

This jungle justice does not have the tacit approval of the SA govt or does it? So a few boneheads went on rampage and our response is to boycott SA goods?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by visouls: 2:53pm On May 19, 2008
Hmmmm, SA, is it [b]S[/b]incere [b]A[/b]ssuarance or [b]S[/b]erious [b]A[/b]ggression of the [b]S[/b]outh [b]A[/b]frica we know? Let see how far they can get, Nobody prays to live in other mans country without a reason. Some of us are hear now. We will soon have a choice , a choice between going back home by force of staying to feel the reality of life outised home, anyway, I want all South Africans to know that we played our part during the bads days of arpatheid and no injustice shall go unpunished, it may not be now but sometimes in future, What goes around may one day come around, Things are no longer at ease, they may fall apart, God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by JNdupu: 2:54pm On May 19, 2008
I am a regular visitor to JHB and I have noticed a growing intensity in the simmering resentment of immigrants from neighboring countries especially Zimbabwe as they are often to blame for the rise in crime and other social foibles bedevilling the country today.  To be honest, as a Nigerian, I do not feel especially threatened and I still do not believe we are the focus of the riots but I admit other Nigerians may have been caught up in the general hysteria.

This must be forcefully condemned as an African brotherhood and stopped immediately but please let us not get too wrapped up in inflamatory words and actions that only provide succour to those that continue to argue we are less than human.   Let cool heads prevail but the current SA govt must be pressed to actively engage in improve the situation in Zimbabwe to address the economic inequalities.

In times of pressing social deprivation, the less fortunate (ie immigrants) are often the first port of call for the disenfranchised.  It is a classic instinct observable in all countries no matter how developed (you should listen to some of the "enlightened" anti-immigrant debate in the UK/USA) but the behavior of the SA hordes is different in its brutality which is a function of that environment though inexcusable.

After all, we had our own shameful Ghana Must Go episode a few decades back.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by visouls: 3:01pm On May 19, 2008
FSB you have to stay informed on issues, You may say that the worst of Nigerians are in Sa , But alas!The youngest medical Doctors in SA are nigerian, One of the most reconised neurosurgeons in the world is a nigerian and based here in SA. The best hospitals in SA prefer Nigeria medical doctors. Nigerian profeesionals are everywhere in this country. I really think your sense of vision ans recognition of the fact is very shallow. I am a programmer and a network security expert a CCIE. Yeah I may agree that a lot of nigerian are bad here, But so are anywhere in the world. The good one are may and making ther marks, hmmm, let me stop
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:05pm On May 19, 2008
@Tornadoz

This jungle justice does not have the tacit approval of the SA govt or does it? So a few boneheads went on rampage and our response is to boycott SA goods?

you didnt answer the question earlier, are you saying there are no rogues in the US/uk?

back to your question, did you say a few bone heads? 25 ppl are already dead!!! those are ppl's parents , brothers, sisters,

boycotting SA goods for a few days will do no harm,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by TheSly: 3:05pm On May 19, 2008
I believe all these ranting will start and end here without getting anything done at the end. . . . same ol' same ol. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30)

Dwight Schar: Inside £48million Superyacht Owned By US Billionaire (Pictures) / Islamic Militants BEHEADED U.S Journalist On Video!!! / WWII Bomb Uncovered In Dresden, Police Evacuating 3,300 Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.