Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? (748 Views)

What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? / Hausa Proverb/\karin Magana / Yoruba Proverb Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? by SewaGRITS(f): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
A friend texted me to know the meaning of a proverb one of her friends posted on Facebook. The girl who posted it didn't even know...she just wanted to appear profound :-/ Anyway, can I get some help on this...
"If a man wants to grow a long tooth, he should have the lip to cover it."
I told her idk, but to me perhaps it may mean if you're going to do something you should have the means to handle it. Or don't bite off more than you can chew.
What do you think
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? by psucc(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
simple. Ensure what you are about to bite you can chew. That is, if you want her(may be for a relationship) you should be ready to bear her her burdens.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? by SewaGRITS(f): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
@psucc, thanks :-)
That is similar to what I was thinking..."don't bite off more than you can chew" is the American version of that proverb.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When Money Given By An Old Woman Disappears? / Fulaman Get In Here / r

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.