Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Any News On when we are to start Fasting? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any News On when we are to start Fasting? (19395 Views)

Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps. / The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by obajemj(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Please anyone with valid information on fasting should update us.

Please tell us when you hear that the moon has been sighted.

Everyone would have to listen to their own local authorities even when the moon is sighted elsewhere.

Let us know how it is anywhere you are so that people in your locality can be aware.

4 Likes

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by obajemj(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
According to the high judiciary council in
Saudia, the first fast of Ramadhaan will be this
Wednesday 10th July 2013 In shaa Allaah.
Please share with others. Remember we are waiting for the authority of Nigeria ulama for our own local instructions

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
obajemj: According to the high judiciary council in
Saudia, the first fast of Ramadhaan will be this
Wednesday 10th July 2013 In shaa Allaah.
Please share with others. Remember we are waiting for the authority of Nigeria ulama for our own local instructions

what is your source of this news?

Is the moon not to be sighted before a day is chosen? Has the moon been sighted? undecided

They must have seen that it wont be out tonight and so declared wednesday.

But give us a link to confirm pls.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by kkkp: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
2mao
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by raeez(m): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
deols:

what is your source of this news?

Is the moon not to be sighted before a day is chosen? Has the moon been sighted? undecided
what's the update where u are has the moon been sighted
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
kkkp: 2mao

Your source?
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by EyesWideOpen(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Still no news .... But from the look of the weather I doubt any news will in fact come.

Will update if anything come up though.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tomorrow insha Allah,when the moon is sighted.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Gombs(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
...Interesting thread

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Where I am, dont ask me where wink we observed ishai more than an hour ago and no news of taraweeh or sighting of the moon.

More likely, we wont be fasting tomorrow.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
raeez: what's the update where u are has the moon been sighted

wink No.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by U09ce: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Still waiting for the announcement from the Sultan's palace
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
The Ramadan crescent was not sighted this evening. In
parts of the kingdom,

the chances to sight the moon were... /1xsWQkDic
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
It was a Ramadan committee who analyzed the moon. After a couple of hours of moon sighting they announced that Ramadan is on Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by oba2flex(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
I'm in Ado Ekiti.I can hear some mosques doing the taraweeh now.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by maclatunji: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
There is a procedure for recording moon sightings and announcement. People should watchout for the news. Insha Allah, I will update this thread if there is any news of official moonsighting in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
oba2flex: I'm in Ado Ekiti.I can hear some mosques doing the taraweeh now.

Do you know if the Imams fixed a date before now or whether they did any moon searching?

Whatever the case may be, if the Chief Imam or any Muslim authority makes it known that the moon is sighted in Ado Ekiti, you have to join in.

Others, wait for your own announcement.

Where I am,wednesday has been declared the start of Ramadan. smiley
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Yuzarsif(m): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
still searching for d moon
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by tintingz(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fasting Starts tomorrow jor

Yes insha Allah... smiley

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
tintingz: Fasting Starts tomorrow jor

Yes insha Allah... smiley

what do you mean? what is your source?

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by lanre211(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
Whether the moon has been sighted or not, before the 1st day in the month of ramadan, we must observe the tharawee...so the tharawee is today n tomorow is the first fastin been the first day in the month of ramadan...

1 Like

Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Walexz02(m): 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
I heard its not 2morow again,we have already garthered for asham prayer before we heard it would start on wednesday.
Ibrahim 4rm oyo east lga.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by kkkp: 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
From d calender...u all have to be patient frm nw till arnd 11pm to 12 to rili knw
deols:

Your source?
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by olapluto(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
In UK, Ramadan starts on Wednesday. Source: Islam Channel
Islam Channel ‏@Islamchannel 1h
Islam Channel has the pleasure of announcing the first day of Ramadhan to be Wednesday 10th July 2013, 1434 A/H.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Walexz02: I heard its not 2morow again,we have already garthered for asham prayer before we heard it would start on wednesday.
Ibrahim 4rm oyo east lga.

So, Oyo East Local Government people are starting on wednesday. That's good. was the announcement by the Chief Imam?.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Chiefupper: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
live from ilorin,nothing yet but some mosques observed taraweeh and people are getting prepare as our king can come out with his sirene cars and announce that the moon has been sighted that fasting starts tomorrow,so let's keep our finger crossed till 2 pm tomorrow morning
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
kkkp: From d calender...u all have to be patient frm nw till arnd 11pm to 12 to rili knw

Please dont tell us info you get from calendars. We asked of updates from Muslim authorities in your locality.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Walexz02(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
lanre211: Whether the moon has been sighted or not, before the 1st day in the month of ramadan, we must observe the tharawee...so the tharawee is today n tomorow is the first fastin been the first day in the month of ramadan...
Laa! Wher did u get that theory from Its not done like that plzz...
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by Dawdy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ramadan starts day after tomorrow Insha Allah.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by deols(f): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chiefupper: live from ilorin,nothing yet but some mosques observed taraweeh and people are getting prepare as our king can come out with his sirene cars and announce that the moon has been sighted that fasting starts tomorrow,so let's keep our finger crossed till 2 pm tomorrow morning

Please let us know when the Emir speaks.
Re: Any News On when we are to start Fasting? by feekman(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
undecidedPls some ppl say its start tomorrow some say wednessday pls which day gangan ar we goin to start ramadan-fastn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem? / Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) / An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.