Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador (10084 Views)

Lagos Court Jails 30 Women For Prostitution / Malaysia Sentence Nigerian Female Student To Death For Drug Trafficking / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by olokfor: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
The Ambassador expressed worry about the state of Nigerians in distress in China.

There are currently over 400 Nigerians serving terms in various jails in China, Nigerian Ambassador to China,Aminu Wali, has said.
Mr. Wali also disclosed that 80 per cent of the prisoners committed drug related offences. He also said about 80 per cent of the crimes committed by Africans were committed by Nigerian citizens.

The Ambassador was speaking in an interactive session with journalists in Beijing, on Monday ahead ofPresident Goodluck Jonathan’sstate visit to the People’s Republic of China beginning on Tuesday.

“We certainly have big issues with drug related crimes committed by Nigerians in China and when you look at the whole of Africayou find out that about 80 percent of all the offences and crimes committed by Africans in China about 80 percent is committed by Nigerians; that is why I think we are having running battle to try and control the situation.

“But we need assistance from back home, from the security agencies manning our exits and entry points in Nigeria to be more alert and vigilant to make sure these type of individuals do not escape and pass through our routes to come into, not only to China but any other country in the world because drug trafficking as it were, drug is the biggest problem that we have as far as Nigerians are concerned,” he said.
Mr. Wali further said that a lot of the Nigerian prisoners don’t come to China with Nigerian passports.

“A lot of them don’t come in with their real names so sometimes with difficulties we only know when they are taken prisoners or they are sentenced and they are looking for consular visits. And of course if a Nigerian comes with the Ghanaian or Malawian passportand the Malawian consular goes there, he saysno that is not from my country and eventually they now have to revert to us. We have to go and confirm these are Nigerians and then of course we take over and we give them necessary support,” he said.

The ambassador said the federal government and the National Assembly should take action to support the efforts to help Nigerians in distress abroad; and at the same time support the embassies outside to “give more consular support to Nigerian prisoners or Nigerians who find themselves not only in prisons but in that strange difficulties in the host countries.”
He said Embassy staff sometimes contribute money among themselves to help Nigerians in distress in China and that not all the Nigerians in prison or in distress in China are criminals.

“They may not be criminals, they come in, misfortune befell them and nowhere to turn to except they come to the embassy. And when they come to the embassy as a Nigerian they feel at home so we ought to be able to see what we can do to assist and sometimes out ofsympathy, if we have to chip in, we make contributions from all Nigerian members of theembassy to help them and quite often this is the case,” he said.

Mr. Wali added that there were many Nigeriansin China, who work hard at their businesses, are creative with it and are successful at it, saying “unfortunately good things don’t travel that fast but bad things make big bang.”

He said the Nigerian government needs to do more to encourage young people to feel secured in Nigeria and not have the urge to travel out and engage in illegal activities to make money.

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/400-nigerians-in-chinese-jails-for-drug-related-offences-others-ambassador/

2 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by MgbekePoosie: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
He said the Nigerian government needs to do more to encourage young people to feel secured in Nigeria and not have the urge to travel out and engage in illegal activities to make money.

The illegal activities in Nigeria nko? grin

He said Embassy staff sometimes contribute money among themselves to help Nigerians in distress in China and that not all the Nigerians in prison or in distress in China are criminals.

Really?
Tellit to BOKO HARAM! kiss
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Tolexander: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
“We certainly have big issues
with drug related crimes
committed by Nigerians in
China and when you look at
the whole of Africayou find out
that about 80 percent of all the
offences and crimes
committed by Africans in China
about 80 percent is committed
by Nigerians
; that is why I
think we are having running
battle to try and control the
situation.
that is the problem we are having in this country.

Na international business dem go talk say dem dey do, whereas na drug dem dey carry.

2 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by NoContract(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by DIVINE78: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2013
We are not called "Giant of Africa" for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by onyeguy: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2013
400 is too small to compare with those prisoner in new Delhi with other cities in India
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Ajibam: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Man must chop naw,,,,,
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by FUCKU: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2013
I trust CHINA... They won't kill them but they will use them for health purposes.. (when a patient is having a kidney failure etc they will collect from their prisoners).. CHINA?? Them too much

1 Like

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by kennyonthrone(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2013
400 naani....its stil moderate na
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by ibkgab001: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2013
Hen hen so e dey Happen for china!!!

1 Like

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Temismith(f): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2013
Nigerians abroad re always representing us, wether good or bad!!!

3 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2013
OVER 400? Oh! My gush!!! I trust 9ja, more are still making plans to fill in the missing gap. L((@))Lzz
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Bobbystanley(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2013
I tell u dat Out of that 400,395 are igbo boys

6 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Bobbystanley: I tell u dat Out of that 400,395 are igbo boys
angry angry angry angry onye araa

7 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by eightsin(m): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Boys must hustle to survive nah...plus,its a means of getn fast buck.
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Bobbystanley(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2013
nadia_SA:
angry angry angry angry onye araa

Am not saying it cos I want to condemn the igbos cos am igbo too.
But the rate my igbo brothers travel to Asia dis days to do illegal businesses is alarming..I have a cousin who is also in a Malaysian prison.

7 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Wendyslim(f): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2013
eightsin: Boys must hustle to survive nah...plus,its a means of getn fast buck.
. And the implication is getting fast jail term while dir sponsor is a free man undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by texaco1: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2013
onye guy: 400 is too small to compare with those prisoner in new Delhi with other cities in India
Really?india for that matter,ppl dey risk their lives ooo
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2013
Bobbystanley:

Am not saying it cos I want to condemn the igbos cos am igbo too.
But the rate my igbo brothers travel to Asia dis days to do illegal businesses is alarming..I have a cousin who is also in a Malaysian prison.
Hummmmm oK I hear..nd sorry bout ur cuzie..
I know igbos lol business men but u don't have to talk bad about ur brothers nau...

3 Likes

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by johnstar(m): 10:38am On Jul 09, 2013
Mass jailing cheesy cheesy
Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2013
Bleep U: I trust CHINA... They won't kill them but they will use them for health purposes.. ( when a patient is having a kidney failure etc they will collect from their prisoners ).. CHINA?? Them too much
heard about that. it's called HARVESTING

1 Like

Re: 400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador by Babaofor(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2013
I. have a fwend who travelled to china to do illegal business.we grew up together but he is rich now,while i'm still begging ASUU to call off strike.sometimes i feel like doing something bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Killed In Taraba Communal Clash / Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense / Man Beheads His 13 Year Old Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.