Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers (7074 Views)

Suspect, Kelechukwu Osinomumu, Nabbed For Operating Illegal Nysc Camp / Three Female Nysc Members Raped, Police Arrest 3 Suspects, In Delta State / Murdered Bauchi Corps Members :over 600 Suspects Arrested –yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by ichomi(m): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2013
The Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mbu Joseph Mbu, said on Monday that five suspects had so far been arrested in connection with the kidnapping of three corps members in Abua/Odual Local Government.

Three corps members, identified as Ogechi Martins, Chijioke Richard and Esther Nwachukwu, were kidnapped by hoodlums on Saturday, June 29, 2013 and released a week after.

Mbu explained that the suspects, who had been handed over to the anti-kidnapping squad, would soon be charged to court at the end of investigation.

The corps members, according to him, have since been handed over to the authorities of the National Youth Service Corps.

He told journalists in Port Harcourt that they had to relocate other corps members to Ominima in Abua/ Odual for their safety, saying the Ogonokom Corpers’ Lodge was vulnerable.

The police commissioner explained that the residence of the corps members was close to a riverside where they could easily be attacked by criminals.

Mbu pointed out that the security of the corps members should have been considered before taking them to Ogonokom community.

He explained that the command had arrested 61 suspected kidnappers in the state, while eight victims had so far been rescued since he assumed duty as the police commissioner in the state.

He said, “Also, 154 armed robbery suspects have been arrested. Forty five cultists and a vandal were arrested and also 89 other suspects when security operatives carried out raids of criminal hideouts in the state.

“The feat was achieved between February and June this year. Within the months under review, 20 armed robbers and nine kidnappers were killed by security operatives. Nine armed robbery incidents and six kidnap attempts were foiled by men of the command.”

Mbu added that men of the command recovered 93 firearms, 2,032 rounds of ammunition, 202 cartridges and 37 vehicles, including motorcycles.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/five-suspects-nabbed-for-abducting-nysc-members/

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/07/five-suspects-nabbed-for-abducting-nysc.html
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Wendyslim(f): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2013
Chai. Dats serious.wats dis world turning into?
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by AbuMikey(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2013
Criminals nor dey ever tire for their evil vices?? Sweari Gad,its really disheartening!!
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by CHEKWASUCHE(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2013
4th. No comment but tank God dere r bck
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by adexway(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2013
Na wa o. Wetin dem dey kidnap corps members for, 19,800, allowance?
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by ebioloye1: 10:36am On Jul 09, 2013
Good!
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by nerodenero: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2013
Everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2013
Their time is up. God has answered the prayer of those corp members and their relatives.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by kingarizona(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2013
tunesoft: ....T

Wein dey worry this 1 naaah!!!! C as u just waste d 1st to comment talk rubbish....
With d power vested on me, I hereby bound u no to comment on nairaland!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by anytexy: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Good one!
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Tunjasko(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Politicians dey dere,na corpers dem dey abduct...Dis z pure wickedness..I am advocatin 4 life imprisonement 4 dis crooks
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by guddy4real: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Thank God for their lives, but all these kidnappers should go for top top politician who has money nt corpers wit 19,800 allawi. Me tired 4 una ooo.....
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by kingthreat(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Foolish kidnappers. Corpers wey dey earn N20,000, na dem they kidnap. I hope the death sentence for kidnappers still reigns in Rivers
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by goshen26: 11:11am On Jul 09, 2013
This is serious
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Ekans: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2013
Although,this is a mirror of the societal decay in nigeria,the kidnappers should be shot for taking on corpers and not politicians.Nonsense.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by cs4eva(f): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2013
There know that corpers are govt properties that's the reason der always go for dem cos govt will intervane.God don catch dem sha.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Temismith(f): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2013
Oga ju!!
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2013
Me I kukuma like the Anti Kidnapping law in Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo & Anambra State.
Last Bullet:
Kidnap & die!
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by bright007(f): 11:53am On Jul 09, 2013
SMH for Nigeria.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by NEROSKY(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nonsense people , dem no see politicians na hungry ppl like dem
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Policewoman(f): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
The moment they begin putting bullets into the skulls of kidnappers and their accomplices, the scourge will reduce to its barest minimum.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Agbalanze(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
adexway: Na wa o. Wetin dem dey kidnap corps members for, 19,800, allowance?
May be they were expecting govt. to pay the ransome
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by penny01502: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
amnesty product, i wonder why people think rat can change it name. despite how much governments are paying them the blood is still running on their veins
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by skyluv2000(m): 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Infact i am still sleeping, the weather is still very cold, pls, that one is not much, attention demanding.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Anyway thank God they are now free.
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by Cupid4(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
I just hope they allow the kidnapped corp members to verify their identities so as not to pick wrong people because of propangada
Re: Five Suspects Nabbed For Abducting Corpers by ichomi(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2016
Dats was how mbu was forced to resign.....

(1) (Reply)

Nyse Minimum Wage Arrears Coming Soon / Top 10 Worst NYSC Orientation Camp In Nigeria 2023/2024 / Let Us Know The State You Choose As The 1st,2nd And 3rd,on Your NYSC Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.