Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Say Yes Or No To Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Say Yes Or No To Nysc (1513 Views)

Poll: SAY YES OR NO TO NYSC

YES: 33% (1 vote)
NO: 66% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Things You Must Take To NYSC Camp (october 2015) / Important Documents/materials To Take To NYSC Orientation Camp / Open Letter To NYSC: Where Is The Orientation In The NYSC Camps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Yes Or No To Nysc by smartkulk(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2008
The National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) as the programme is called was instituted by NYSC Act 1973.The programme was established specifically to see to some issues part of which is to provide capital for fresh graduates from Federal govt. institutions to finance their creative ideas.Then, adequate car loans and other facilities were provided for fresh graduates to help live a well defined life.
The purpose of the NYSC Act has been abused and it's no longer what it used to be and several attempts have been made by stakeholders to amend this Act but to no avail.
I'm embarassed these days when I see graduates who have spent more than due years in school and still clamouring to waste an additional year all in the name of NYSC (Now Your Suffering Continues).You see ladies and guys who are ripe for marriage putting on the NYSC Khaki.
To this extent, I call on Nigerians to express themselves on this issue by participating in this poll.
Re: Say Yes Or No To Nysc by tboy1(m): 1:20pm On May 19, 2008
First of all, whoever thought of this nysc idea needs to be flogged and for the current government to still decide that students should still go through nysc before they start looking for proper job need to be flogged even more. I can't even start telling you how much i hate the idea of nysc. My cousin just finshed this last batch as he was just telling me how much of a joke the whole thing was. I'm currently looking for a way how i can be exempted to do that rubbish.

I'm 27 and i finished my first degree here in UK when i was 22 yrs old. Pls is there anyway i get the NYSC exemption certificate.
Re: Say Yes Or No To Nysc by RichDad1(m): 2:01am On May 20, 2008
Does someone that finished his/her Degree by age 30 then waited for about 1 year before the NYSC list comes out by then he/she is 31+ still eligible for the sevice??
Re: Say Yes Or No To Nysc by smartkulk(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2008
NYSC programme to a section of graduating students means fun but they never realise this fun is gonna last for one good year, a year that could have been spent in consolidating what has been learnt in school and transform it into a profitable idea that would generate regular income.
Afterall, another section of students boycott NYSC by just attending the two weeks orientation camp and get someone who would earn their monthly allowance and fill the space for them while they go on with other business of life.However,certain sections of students don't even bother to appear for neither the orientation camp or at their primary place of assignment and they still get what others get at the end of the NYSC programme.
According to the Act that established NYSC,two sets of people are exempted from serving:Anyone above 30years of age and anyone that has served in a military or police force.
If all these have been happening and even worst would still happen,I would encourage like minded people to join in the campaign to repeal the NYSC Act.I believe we can achieve this by joining our voices together and present our case before the National assembly while a senator sponsors this bill on our behalf.
If government would not ammend the NYSC Act to suit the demands of students then let it be disregarded.JOIN THE VOICE OF THE GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENT!

Re: Say Yes Or No To Nysc by Hadone(m): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2009
Capital yes [size=32pt]NO[/size].
Re: Say Yes Or No To Nysc by Nija4Life(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
The original concept behind the NYSC is laudable but like everything wrong with Nigeria it has been left to suffer because of lack of funding (or should I say mismanagement of it), posting Corp members to organisations unrelated to their skills/specialities and the inhumane condition that they have to put up with at the orientation camps. Nothwithstanding, I personally enjoyed my Service year in Saki-Oyo state - it gave me an insight about a different part of Nigeria. It also afforded me the opportunity to meet people from other cultures and makes you less ignorant and more tolerant about how different we are. I would like the NYSC to be kept but not in the way it is structured and operated at the present time. More changes are needed, no doubt

(1) (Reply)

Online Registration, Compulsory Or Optional For Batch A15 / Job, Msc. Or Marriage / 15 Pictures You Can Relate To If You Have Undergone NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.