Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. (29882 Views)

I Bet, U Dont Know You Are TRYPOPHOBIC!! / Would You Still Be Nigerian If: / You Know You Are An Americanized Nigerian If You Now Say: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2013
This "maid" mii raf wif dip raf grin [quote][/quote]
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by ektbear: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2013
grin cheesy
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Mcmaye(m): 10:58am On Jul 13, 2013
CFCfan: Abraham Lincoln instead of Buhari.

Kim Kardashian instead of Tonto Dikeh

Amber Rose instead of Vanneni

LWTMB grin

LWTMB
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by raystanley(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2013
dayokanu: UFO instead of winches
UFO =Unidendified Flying Object
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by raystanley(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2013
Bitches instead of Enemies
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Visman(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2013
i got(gat) a lota (lorra) respect 4u instead of;i have respect 4u.. U gat a problem wit dat? Instead of: do u have a problem wit dat.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by seguun(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
rhames: on SUV instaed of jeep you are wrong. SUV is sports utility vehicle used to describe all 4x4 vehicles. Jeep is an automobile brand that produces SUV's only such as the Cherokee. That is why most SUV's are described as Jeep. You don fail exam for that one sir.
It is you who don't understand the thread; nigerians use the jeep brand name for all suv instead of the generic name.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
uj_sizzle: lmao una dey madt oo chai my ribs cheesy

Liquor instead of 'HOT'
Noodles instead of 'Indomie'
Seasoning cubes instead of 'Maggi'
Ujuuuuuuuu! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bin laden instead of osisi ka nkwu
Virginia tech massacre instead of yobe school shootings
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by monapeniel(f): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ben 10 instead of aki/pawpaw grin
I wanna take a shower instead of i wan baff
i gotta go instead of i don waka o
stop yelling at me instead of why u dey shout on top my head
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
ITbomb: When pronouncing 'anti-clockwise'
you say 'antai-clockwise'
instead of 'antii-clockwise'
Every anti-wareva or multi-wareva is pronounced antai-? Or multai-?
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by apacheguy: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
ighoosagie: no go use laugh kill me Abeg I dey drive now
u dey drive & u dey read nairaland
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Odunharry(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
oya let go dia...
Pap instead of Ogi,
cab instead of Taxi,
barbecue instead of suya,
restroom instd of Toilet or white house,
running stomach instd of purge,
running nurse instd of Catarrh,
cASSAVA FLAKE INSTD OF GARI IJEBU..,
Airtime instd of Credit,
groundnut oil instead of ororo..
Cinema instd of Film house..etc
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by CrazyGooner(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
gallon instead of litre.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Fried plantain instead of dodo
B1tch slap instead of hot slap.

fried plantain is kpekere,
Its fried ripe plantain dats dodo. undecided
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by trekkie: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
sticky tape instead of cellotape
boss instead of oga at the top (yeah, i went there) grin

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by bobbyL(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
(Advance fee)Fraud instead of 419.

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by deols(f): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
How una dey call

'i better pass my neighbour'
generator?
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by TopeFl(m): 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alumnum instead of Aluminium

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by grandstar(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
From the above i realise i am partly American. i say "gosh" not "ehn".
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by yorubaamerican(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Instead of saying... look at this foolish boy. ..you say look at the bitttch nigga...

Now you know you need to stop... LOL!!
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by 99cent: 12:02am On Jul 14, 2013
DOD.:
I think it is "bike" instead of "okada"

motorcycle instead of okada
bike/bicycle instead of keke
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by koliks(m): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
beverage instead of milo
issorai instead of its alryt
pardon Instead of ehn
Hawayhu instead of hw are u
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by koliks(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
ur head has spinned instead of ori eh ti yi
ur head has scattered instead of ori eh ti daru
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 6:16am On Jul 17, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]"Toothpaste instead of macleans

Seasoning instead of Ajinomotor

Detergent instead of Omo/Surf

Metro bus instead of BRT/Molue

Obese/Overweight instead of orobo

"Model-like figure" instead of "HIV patient"[/size]

LMAO @ hiv patient.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2013
delors:
Lolz...I dont understand ur rhetorical question but seriously, what we call savings account in Nigeria is called chequing in North America...you use debit as we use ATM and withdraw/deposit as u want...Savings his more like Nigerian current account. Weird!

Wrong, we use checking accounts and saving accounts, because they serve 2 different purposes.
A checking account is money for paying our bills, mortgages, but our saving accounts are for future spending. we usually have them both.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2013
Idi Amin: Open market/goodwill instead of bend down select.

Shopping mall instead of supermarket

99cent instead of shopright
cheesy cheesy cheesy

American use shopping mall aswell as supermarket because they are 2 different places.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2013
25Calibre: Americans don't listen, I don't know where they get their English from.

They took the British English, and contorted it into various nonsense.

Anti-venom = Antai-Venom

Even the late Libyan dictator Ghadaffi, they called him Quadaffi

Osama bin laden is pronounced Usama bin laden.

We pronounce Ghadaffi with a G, and Osama with an O. Maybe you heard some rednecks speaking. smiley
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 7:06am On Jul 17, 2013
Beey: At the restaurant when you order they ask?Do u want for here or or to go, instead of take-away. Ketchup instead of tomatosauce.Will u give me a ride instead of lift.Flip-flops instead of slippers.Liquor instead of beer.Vehicle instead of car.I went to the store instead of shop.Gas instead of petrol.Bathroom instead of toilet/ladies or gents room.

We say both ketchup and tomato sauce because they are two different things, we also say liquor or beer because they are both different.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=99cent] high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar

HAHAHA, Are you serious, we say sugar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Seen The PDP Campaign Elephant? (see It Here) / Share Your Embarrassing Moment You Felt The Ground Should Swallow You / 10 Most Precious Gemstones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.