Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. (29896 Views)

I Bet, U Dont Know You Are TRYPOPHOBIC!! / Would You Still Be Nigerian If: / You Know You Are An Americanized Nigerian If You Now Say: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Beey(f): 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
khiaa:

We say both ketchup and tomato sauce because they are two different things, we also say liquor or beer because they are both different.
In the state Of Massachusetts am yet 2 hear one say tomato sauce or still say that 'am going to the beer store 'instead of liquor store.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by khiaa(f): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Beey: In the state Of Massachusetts am yet 2 hear one say tomato sauce or still say that 'am going to the beer store 'instead of liquor store.

We say tomato sauce when we are using it to make a sauce like spaghetti sauce, no we don't say beer store, but we do say I'm going to make a beer run.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Beey(f): 3:21am On Jul 18, 2013
khiaa:

We say tomato sauce when we are using it to make a sauce like spaghetti sauce, no we don't say beer store, but we do say I'm going to make a beer run.
Oh ok. Got what u mean.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Gerrie(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
raystanley: UFO =Unidendified Flying Object

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
funny dude(instead of guy , u funi)
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Testerfuze(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by AbuMikey(m): 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:14am On Jan 26, 2015
Novice1:
In other words, English vs pidgin

NOT SO.

Many of the Nigerian terms are pidgin but many of them are proper english as opposed to 'americanised english'.

But I do see where you are coming from my oga! wink
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by LuciusX: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2020
ITbomb:
When pronouncing 'anti-clockwise'
you say 'antai-clockwise'
instead of 'antii-clockwise'
That's correct. The word 'Anti' is derived from Latin 'Antae' which means against or in opposition to... The vowels 'ae' written together is pronounced aii... So.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Python Nigerian Soldiers Killed Today / 10 Most Precious Gemstones / Photos Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.