Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship (24860 Views)

Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage / 6 Wrong Reasons To Start Any Relationship / Wrong Reasons To Get Married. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by xknowhow(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2013
Have you ever seen someone in a relationship and just know he’s not going to make it? I’ve been seeing that since childhood. It’s but normal to see people moving on and on from one side of the angle to another with the aim of meeting a rightful match someday.

Most of the situations I’ve examined, people keep switching not because of their desires but highly due to wrong choices. When I see someone behaving in this pattern (switching partners), it wouldn’t take that long before I see something wrong.

Many times, people feel the need to have a relationship without any focused plan in mind but based on the present conditioning. For example, if a person feels that he’s lonely probably due to absence of friends or closed associates, the tendency that he’d be prompted to dive into a relationship is high; thinking it to be true love. Looking at it from a direct perspective, it isn’t love. He just needed a companion and that’s why the relationship soon wares off when he returns to his previous state of mind/funkiness.

Many people unconsciously work in this track. Instead of examining what they need, they just skip that thought and dive to seek out solutions in many other ways like drinking, relationship etc. If they were smart enough they would have known that what they needed isn’t love nor drink.

6 wrong reasons to start a relationship

I decided to come up with this article because of my resent research on the high increased number of breakups around the world. I discovered that the reason most couples break up highly depends on their purpose behind the relationship. The below mentioned are some of the wrong reasons to start a relationship:

1 Sexual desires: Sex addiction is when someone assumes he can’t do without sex and decides to jump into a relationship in order to satisfy this sexual desire. I don’t see anything wrong in a young person exercising such desire, but therein lies two big problems: The first is that when he gets into the relationship, he’d likely harass his mate sexually. And secondly, the whole thing never goes anywhere when sex is the foundation. This is because, when sex wares off, the relationship also terminates just like that.

2 Relationship as a means of comfort: Another wrong reason is when people hide under the cover of relationship to seek some kind of satisfaction. For example, if someone lacks the company of friends or parents probably because he traveled to another city for education, the probability that out of loneliness), he’d find comfort in the girl next door is high, right? For the time being, everything seems perfect. The only problem with this kind of relationship is that it goes nowhere since it was built on pure loneliness and it’s certain one day he’d go back to his comfort zone.

3 Relationship as a medium of comparison: This mostly happens with young people where one tries to compare with the other in terms of relationship and partner. This forces the other friend to persuade a better one in order to respond back. This reasoning pattern hinders relationship growth since it makes no sense to be with someone just to boast to others.

4 Relationship and external pressure: Another aspect which can force a person to start a wrong relationship is the thought of old age. This aspect causes many young people to panic or feel some degree of anxiety to marry. Coupled with pressure from friends, family members and the ideal of, you’re not getting any younger force people to make up their minds. The only problem with this is that most of them hurry and make just the wrong decision.

5 The fear of never getting married: This has to do with societal conditioning, which suggests that you ought to be married with kids by the age of probably x. This thought also affects the selection process causing a sense of desperation to dive in marriage. This can contribute to choosing the wrong match.

6 The wrong match: Another reason behind this maybe when a person finds a better match for himself and later is discouraged by external forces such as friends, family members, or parents, not recommending the partner but instead proposing someone else. I don’t know if this still happens, but it really doesn’t make sense to date someone based on somebody’s recommendation. Relationship is all about pure love, deep feelings, and commitments. So I see no way someone can express these qualities if he doesn’t love you.

How to start a real relationship

The six wrong reasons to start a relationship stated above are the main reasons why out of 100%, only about 36% managed to survive successfully.

This therefore means that, in order to have a successful relationship, you must avoid such steps. Build your relationship based on genuine love, commitment, and free from the influence of other people. You’re the one to make that choice, so go ahead and make it.
MORE LIKE THIS HERE http://www.xknowhow.com/signs_and_falling_in_love.html

14 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Cholls(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2013
Nice research
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by harlos: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2013
Well done and thank you.

1 Like

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2013
Nice. The truth is that when some guys ask a gal out 'AM SEXUALLY STARVED' is the impression they carry across. Very few go into relationshp without sexual desire.

8 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by ximarro(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
@op, nice one. U jst solved one f ma problems.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by temi4fash(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ese gan ni ooo.. Adupe....

1 Like

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by scientology(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by dridowu: 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Am feeling dizzy

2 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by GentleNaaz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Now d question is WHAT R D RIGHT REASONS TO START A REALATIONSHP?

4 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Exponental(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nice points though....but in life, we make some sacrifices (favorable to some n not to others) n in so doing, those "some" may not be regarded as "wrong" but "right sacrifice" while those "others" are d wrong reasons.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by jogsman01(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
i ll put that in mind
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by tolextony(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Braaavooooo :-) :-) :-)
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
The fear of being alone and inability to spend time with yourself . . . .
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
like brother Yuzedo n eyenty Rita dummy nick who is only intrested in eyenty dummy nick brezz mewk..n eyenty dummy nick is only intrested in broda Yuzedo long pole..god shul help dem sha
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by vital: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ladies always thought that relationship is all about meeting someone that wil satisfy their financial need(70%),then,she go out to get another man for her sexual desires,why do they always look deep into someones pocket before accepting a guy for relationship

5 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Les: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Op.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by tosomaju(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
When is the next episode coming up?
6 RIGHT REASONS TO START A RELATIONSHIP

2 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by tolextony(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akshow: Na because of this rawwwbish wey u wan write u chop all this space? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by hardbody: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Relationship and external pressure: Another aspect which can force a person to start a wrong relationship is the thought of old age. This aspect causes many young people to panic or feel some degree of anxiety to marry. Coupled with pressure from friends, family members and the ideal of, you’re not getting any younger force people to make up their minds. The only problem with this is that most of them hurry and make just the wrong decision.

The above is so true. There was this girl i just drove over to see and really she did not come across as someone i wanted to have a relationship with so i gradually reduced calls and chats in the hope we will fizzle out and she asks me brazenly when i plan on marrying her. I took a bit of time to articulate my response and i asked her to tell me in few sentences what she knew about me. She confessed she knew nothing about me other than my name and my place of work but she is under pressure because her twin sister got married last year. I quietly told her to marry the right guy for the right reasons and not out of pressure. I reminded her i could be a brute and turn her into a punching bag or i could be outright dangerous and so forth.

Its really crazy this mentality that some ladies have around here.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by dollydolly(f): 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nice work.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by iebanehita(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
dridowu: Am feeling dizzy

Then, you shouldn't be here for a start.

@OP.. Really insightful. Was guilty of this last year. Learnt my lesson the hard way.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by iebanehita(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
vital: Ladies always thought that relationship is all about meeting someone that wil satisfy their financial need(70%),then,she go out to get another man for her sexual desires,why do they always look deep into someones pocket before accepting a guy for relationship

FALLACY OF GENERALIZATION!!

Not all Ladies bro. You have been meeting the wrong ones, who definitely can't be a wife material.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Neaman(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
7. As a means of buying BLACKBERRY phone.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by HarmonyB92(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
pado me feel ur swag for dis
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Uwakuwak(f): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
If men change their ways, women will behave.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Uwakuwak: If men change their ways, women will behave.
if women never acted/showed they loved a certain behaviour, men wouldn't have been forced to copy such behaviour. BOTTOM POINT=> The moment women show they don't like certain behaviour, men will change their tactis/pattern and adapt to the trending style women want.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Gombs(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
I observed you kept using masculine terms in your above writ!

"His mate"

"he’d find comfort in the girl next door is high, right?"

"One day he’d go back to his comfort zone."

"better match for himself and later is discouraged by external forces such as friends, family members,"

Pls any particular reason(s) forr dat?

Umm BTW, your write up is ok!...for now
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by missvirgorick(f): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ladies always *thought* that relationship is all about meeting someone that wil satisfy their financial need(70%),then,she go out to get another man for her sexual desires,why do they always look deep into someone's pocket before accepting a guy for relationship[/quote]
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Blackteeth(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Enough of grammatic reasons.
Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by dasparrow: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gombs: I observed you kept using masculine terms in your above writ!

"His mate"

"he’d find comfort in the girl next door is high, right?"

"One day he’d go back to his comfort zone."

"better match for himself and later is discouraged by external forces such as friends, family members,"

Pls any particular reason(s) forr dat?

Umm BTW, your write up is ok!...for now

What is wrong with using masculine terms? I see nothing wrong with that. All that matters is the message the OP is trying to pass across.

@Post

Excellent write up. I hope Nigerians take note of these points you made because they are the only group of people I know of who obsess about relationships yet when they finally get into one, they can't even remain faithful to their respective spouses. This is why most Nigerian marriages are miserable cesspits where no love resides because the man and/or woman got married for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Re: 6 Wrong Reasons To Start A Relationship by Blackteeth(m): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
Uwakuwak: If men change their ways, women will behave.

This post is 100% correct. Let me prove it by asking this question: which of the sexes are in charge of this world?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Sorry. / #LagosGirls Trends On Twitter / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.