Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55903 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by seunspice(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2007
Here is a review of the movie - The Mexican, featuring Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.

The plot is about Jerry Welbach's (Pitt) trials and tribulations as he tries to get a famous antique gun, The Mexican, out of Mexico and into the United States. Five years earlier he had caused a traffic accident in which he hit the car of local mobster Arnold Margolese (Gene Hackman), who then had to go to jail for five years when the police searched his car after the crash. As a compensation for the jail time, Jerry is sent on various errands by Margolese's second-in-command, Bernie Nayman (Bob Balaban).

It quickly becomes clear to Jerry that his final assignment by Margolese will be difficult, as the gun seems to carry a curse. The various tellings of the history of the gun and the cause of the curse are a running joke throughout the movie, but suffice it to say that present and past get more and more similar in each telling of the story.

Shooting a black hitman who attempts to abduct Jerry's girlfriend, Samantha, a man who calls himself Leroy (James Gandolfini) kidnaps Samantha (Roberts), thinking that she has the gun. Leroy then assures Samantha that she is safe, he is only looking for the gun to return to Margolese. He assures her that everything will be fine once she gets Jerry to turn the gun over to him.

Meanwhile, Jerry locates the gun, which had been stolen from him, but has to outwit his friend Ted (J. K. Simmons), who has instructions to get the gun and to kill Jerry if necessary.

Hoping for Jerry's arrival, Samantha and Leroy drive to Las Vegas. During the car ride, "Leroy" admits that he is gay, much to the amusement of Samantha, who thinks this is strange considering his occupation. The two exchange some relationship advice and pick up Frank (Michael Cerveris), at a diner, a stranger who is flirting with Leroy. Frank and Leroy spend the night together, and the next morning Samantha encounters a pensive and changed "Leroy." When she asks him about the tattoo "Winston" on his arm, he replies that Winston is someone he does not like much.

After Leroy and Samantha have gone out for breakfast, the black hitman appears again, and kills Frank. At the time Leroy shot him, he was wearing a bulletproof vest and was able to survive. When Leroy and Samantha return to the hotel, Leroy kills the hitman.

Unfortunately, Jerry has lost his passport and cannot leave Mexico, therefore Leroy and Samantha have to fly there. When Jerry sees Leroy, he gets suspicious, since he had met the real Leroy earlier and recalls he is black. Leroy tries to shoot Jerry a short time later, but Jerry shoots and kills him instead. When Leroy is dead, Jerry looks in his wallet and finds his real name is Winston Baldry.

The real Leroy was actually hired by Margolese, while Baldry was hired by Nayman, who wants the gun for himself. In a final confrontation, Samantha kills Nayman with The Mexican, undoing the curse. The gun is then given to a descendant of the gunsmith by Margolese, who had learned about the whole story about the gun while in prison.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2007
@moondust. Am an action junkie too still working on my CGI but am almost there lol. However am truly a movie buff so all aspects of a film appeals to me from costumes to sound. No biggies like i said it wasn't crappy as pa its better than the first one but not upto the CGI effects of spiderman. That one was a milestone in movie graphics.

When Transformers show, check that one out. The graphics are tight and the action scences are spanking!
Re: Review Any Movie by seunspice(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2007
cover page for 'the mexican'

Re: Review Any Movie by papabaks(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2007
cool grin

All this movie are all interesting but have any one take a glim's at PASSION OF THE CHRIST?

its a must for us all, if you really love JESUS.

just take a look OK!!! smiley
Re: Review Any Movie by labonjo(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2007
PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.will smith, great movie, made sense, and for a cynic like me,thats saying a lot
Re: Review Any Movie by gbadex1(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2007
Movie to review?

Ultraviolet -

Oh the humanity. . .

*choke*

*gasp*

*faints*

'n.uff said
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2007
gbade. x:

Movie to review?

Ultraviolet -

Oh the humanity. . .

*choke*

*gasp*

*faints*

'n.uff said

Spot on! grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2007
is still my movie
for this year

i have Shrek, Die Hard n Transfomers to watch

im goina see Die hard today, im not such a fan
but its gat to b good!
Re: Review Any Movie by viee(f): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2007
gbade. x:

Movie to review?

Ultraviolet -

Oh the humanity. . .

*choke*

*gasp*

*faints*

'n.uff said

exactly!!
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2007
never even thought of watching ultraviolet even though I had so many chances to. Hey does anyone think Serenity was a better film than any of the star wars episodes say the empire strikes back, I don't think so but a lot of people think otherwise.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2007
Watched Die Hard Yesterday

I loved it!
Soo much blowing up of things!

my friend said it had too much action?/how

Bruce willis, love him!
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge25(f): 4:10am On Jul 06, 2007
Gamine:

is still my movie
for this year

i have Shrek, Die Hard n Transfomers to watch

im goina see Die hard today, im not such a fan
but its got to b good!

i saw transformers, they hyped that movie up too much. i wasnt impressed by it.
Die hard was good like you said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone see #23 with Jim carey yet, pretty good.
Re: Review Any Movie by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 06, 2007
omoge25:

i saw transformers, they hyped that movie up too much. i wasnt impressed by it.

shocked shocked
For a movie unenthusiast like me i think transformers is the best movie i have seen this yr! Simply out of this world, dont see it on ur small house TV please go to a theatre to see the real deal.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:40am On Jul 06, 2007
davidylan:

shocked shocked
For a movie unenthusiast like me i think transformers is the best movie i have seen this yr! Simply out of this world, don't see it on your small house TV please go to a theatre to see the real deal.

Heartily agree, one of the best this year! For those of us who watched it when we were kids, the movie transported us back to that time. . .memories of playing with toys tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge25(f): 1:52am On Jul 07, 2007
davidylan:

shocked shocked
For a movie unenthusiast like me i think transformers is the best movie i have seen this yr! Simply out of this world, don't see it on your small house TV please go to a theatre to see the real deal.

how you take know say na for house i watch am? TV for house no small sha grin
Re: Review Any Movie by fraggle: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2007
pursuit of happiness. (will smith and he's son did a good job) wink
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge25(f): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2007
i watched evan almighty today it was good, i didnt expect it to be so nice, because i didnt like bruce almighty, but i was pleasantly suprised.

Re: Review Any Movie by ikamefa(f): 4:26am On Jul 08, 2007
steve carrell is hilarious love him to bits, loved him since his daily show with Jon Stewart days, loved him in the 40 year old virgin movie too

am yet to watch it(Evan almighty) , its on my to do list though

@ omoge i love the pix above cant get enough of it " grin "
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2007
Yeah am yet to watch it too. . .still skeptical about it because i loved the first one and it will be hard to follow Jim's steps. . .we shall see! Love the whole 'noah' thing thou. grin Funny i didn't really really like 40 year old virgin, i mean it was funny but Steve can over do it sometimes and not in the Jim Carrey's way grin
Re: Review Any Movie by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2007
yep, i think Steve Carrel over does his "jokes", perhaps why the office is my most boring TV comedy. Brings out no laughs in me.
Now Jim Carey, that's one funny guy.
Re: Review Any Movie by Seun(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2007
The Office isn't boring. I love the subdued humor, the cleverness, tension[b], hypocrisy[/b].
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2007
The office Uk is better than The US version. . .most often when the US copies a show from the UK it doesnt really work out. undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by moondust(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2007
Die Hard 4 is the Shit! nuffsaid!
Re: Review Any Movie by ikamefa(f): 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2007
Live free Or die hard

love! love! loved it lots of gun fire

lots of things getting blown off

and this trade mark line " Yippee Ki Yay" grin

Bruce Willis is still da man grin

Re: Review Any Movie by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2007
Stomp the yard .
Re: Review Any Movie by otuwe(f): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2007
two rats grin

starring aki and paw paw grin grin grin grin grin

dont mind me guys

sound of music

captain Von Trap and Frauline Maria

the best movie ever cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Any Movie by tpia: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2007
saw Music and Lyrics yesterday.

okay movie, but with some weird stuff.

Very whimsical.

A couple of great songs.

I havent seen Transformers yet but I will soon. I try to watch any movie starring Shia Lebeauf .
Re: Review Any Movie by Palbony: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2007
"Secret wish" sum1 tell jim iyke that movie wack.dnt gat no story.
Dnt blame u .ma blame goes to the director & producer of that movie.they shld get spanked.what really pained me was i wasted a hundred and twenty bucks to watch the stupid movie and devoted almost 4hrs to watch a senseless movie.
Boo! Jim iyke.
Re: Review Any Movie by omoge(f): 12:25am On Jul 11, 2007
anyone seen Midnight in the garden of Good and Evil? ummm i wonder if that still exist in Deep South today.
Re: Review Any Movie by texazzpete(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2007
@seunspice
You're supposed to REVIEW a movie, not to riddle your post with spoilers.

Transformers has to be THE movie for me. And when the Simpsons' Movie comes out later this year. . .oh man!
Re: Review Any Movie by IBDat(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2007
Live Free Or Die Hard - That movie is the s**t, if u love action and into a descent storyline - definitely the better choice.
Evan Almighty - Had to admit was a bit skeptical at first, but it is damn funny film, can stand the test to it's predecessor.
Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer - Cool movie, not a bad way to spend an hour n a half.
Vacancy - Again wasn't feeling this movie all too well at first, but kind of got into it after the first few mins.
Shooter - Again another action film with a slight twist of conspiracy, Mark Walberg has more than proved himself as a bankable actor.
License To Wed - Can't be asked, just corny!!!
Transformers - Nice film, was impressed with the movie and actions scenes. The transformations weren't bad either.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:30am On Jul 12, 2007
Die Hard was just there for me. Good movie but didn't exactly inspire me. Stunts are tight, dialogue full of quips and one liners. . .Why is everyone die hard in the movie? The death of that jumping guy was anticlimactic for me undecided Love the part when bruce decks maggie q grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.