Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party (1857 Views)

4 Ways To Speed Up A Slow Internet Connection / A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! / Use 3rd Party Tool (.net Components Or Activex) In You App Or Reinvent The Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party by abeylevels(m): 4:06pm On May 19, 2008

Dear All,

I need your assistance.

I want to connect two computers B and C together so that computer C can access the internet.

Initially,there is a Computer A that is the Host and is connected directly to the internet.

Computer A and B have a LAN connection between them while Computer B and C have wireless connection between them and they can all see each other and share files.

Computer B can access the internet but it is a client(i.e it is already sharing internet connection from computer A).

The structure is shown below:

Computer C(Third party, IP=automatic)-------wireless------>Computer B(client, IP=automatic)-------LAN----->computer A(Host, IP=192.168.0.1)

Computer A had an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and computer B and C have their IP address set to automatic.
If I attempt to use Internet connection sharing wizard on computer B so that computer C can share from it, the IP address of computer B will bet set to

192.168.0.1 and this will conflict with that of computer A. Moreso, the internet connection wizard always says that for any system that is to allow internet sharing on it, then, its IP address will be set to 192.168.0.1.

How then can I make computer C share internet connection from computer B without causing this conflict of address?

Please help out.
Re: Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party by diehard(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2008
To solve the problem, you have to use LAN connections for all three pc, just like most cyber cafe does and computer A become the server or Alternatively you can make computer A WLAN hotspot so that computer C can see it and log onto it.
Re: Internet Connection Sharing With A 3rd Party by 1Music2luv(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2008
This issue can b resolved in different ways, but i think the best is listed below

step 1: connect your internet modem or whatever directly to ur wireless router ethernet port

step 2: connect all your three PCs into the other LAN ports of your Wireless router

Step 3: although, u can set ur router to use static ips but let the DHCP b enabled, so that all you three PCs will automatically be given a dynamic IP address.

Step 4: then go to control panel-> internet option-> connection to set d option to " automatically detect connection"

With these, i think u done!

(1) (Reply)

The Java Virtual Machine Explained / Simple C-codes That Still Confuse Me / Fact You Need To Know About Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.