Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,304 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter (12096 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Laughing hard and reading PDP's Manifesto! Is this a joke or what? Am still searching for one single PDP achievement in the trash i just read. Very very weird!! grin

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
jmaine:

Gbawe, i kindly suggest you seek the meaning of the slang "Rofo Rofo" and withdraw your needless personal attack.

Using me as a proxy to Attack PointB doesn't make sense cos all i did was laugh at the pit fighting with respect to both parties.

Again Gbawe, check the meaning of "Rofo Rofo" . . .

I know what "Rofo rofo" means but my point is that you can only ascribe such to this situation because you do not see the facts of the issue. "Rofo rofo" is a two-way street and the APC are not engaged in back and forth with the PDP over manifesto. They have delivered their manifesto for the public to inspect.

Is it the PDP that went ahead to lie that a manifesto better than its own is a copy of what it has delivered. I don't see any "rofo rofo" and only note a Party lacking in substance trying to decieve the public with lies. You can take an advice for you to be about fact , as you used to be and as the best posters here continue to typify, to be a "proxy attack" against others if you wish. My bad and I simply won't offer such again.

Nonetheless, can you give a simple yes or no to the PDP's allegation that the APC manifesto is a copy of their own since both are now available on this thread?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
berem: Laughing hard and reading PDP's Manifesto! Is this a joke or what? Am still searching for one single PDP achievement in the trash i just read. Very very weird!! grin

grin grin grin I am laughing too. Simply incoherent and unthinking waffle delivered in haste so some can get on with the main business of looting. This is what these PDP charlatans will end up doing with their own petty and false utterances they blindly 'Parrot'. I.e they will go on to help put the PDP under the microscope to the extent the entire world, if that is not known already, will realise this is a Party that is about nothing other than the crude sharing of Nigeria's wealth as the Americans noted a while back.

http://stephendieseruvwe.com/2012/03/11/pdp-is-not-a-political-party-but-a-fractious-and-opportunistic-coalition-of-interests-lisa-piascik/

PDP IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, BUT A FRACTIOUS AND OPPORTUNISTIC COALITION OF INTERESTS – LISA PIASCIK
MARCH
11, 2012

tags: Corruption, PDP, People's Democratic Party

The United States does not consider the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party a political party, a US diplomatic cable leaked to the whistle blowing site, Wikileaks, and made exclusively available to NEXT has shown.

Charge d’ affaires of the US embassy in Nigeria, Lisa Piascik, in a dispatch dated October 19, 2007, informed Washington that despite its labelling as a political party, the PDP did not meet “the common western understanding” of a political party.

According to Ms. Piascik, the PDP “lacks key ingredients most political parties share”.

After taking a swipe at the party’s mission statement, the American diplomat proceeded to deliver what is probably the most scathing analysis yet of the PDP.

[size=14pt]“The PDP remains an agglomeration of interest groups formed around persons of prominence and power which are loosely tied together by a desire to remain in office and maintain access to the “national cake” or resources of the state”, Ms. Piascik declared.
[/size]
“The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP – not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.”

She added that the party, which claims to be the biggest political platform in Africa, has no “ideological consensus” whatsoever and had remained divided from the start.

In a comment attached to the cable, the American diplomat said, “The PDP remains a highly fractious and opportunistic coalition of interests. True opposition, in the form of a powerful group with access to the pillars of power, comes from within the PDP – not from without as would be expected in a democratic party structure.”
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jmaine: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe:

I know what "Rofo rofo" means but my point is that you can only ascribe such to this situation because you do not see the facts of the issue. "Rofo rofo" is a two-way street and the APC are not engaged in back and forth with the PDP over manifesto. They have delivered their manifesto for the public to inspect.

There is a battle of wits between them, with accusation and counter accusation flying from both camps since the APC merger was on the drawing board.

This manisfesto shot by the PDP is just among the various missile the PDP seeks to haul even though it is weak.

Gbawe:

You can take an advice for you to be about fact , as you used to be and as the best posters here continue to typify, to be a "proxy attack" against others if you wish. My bad and I simply won't offer such again.

Am about facts and your methodology of advice wasn't palatable cos there were better ways of achieving that purpose.

Gbawe:

Nonetheless, can you give a simple yes or no to the PDP's allegation that the APC manifesto is a copy of their own since both are now available on this thread?

My answer is a no even though there might be some semblance .

Having some semblance dosn't make it the same.

Afterall both parties are active in a political field seeking to solve certain glaring generational challenges impacting the Nation.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
jmaine:

There is a battle of wits between them, with accusation and counter accusation flying from both camps since the merger on the drawing board.

This manisfesto shot by the PDP is just among the various missile the PDP seeks to haul even though it is weak.

Okay. Point taken if you meant "rofo rofo" to be about the ongoing one-upmanship battle and not the manifesto issue specifically. That puts everything else in perspective. I just had to speak because I did not take you to be as cretinous as the poster you quoted who is of the disposition to simply present what PDP Party leaders have said without even minimally inspecting the two manifestos and making an educated and informed contribution of his own instead of clannishly parroting the entirely false utterances of others.

His "shamelessly copy from the competition" utterance, delivered out of clannish ignorance, has to be voted the most stupid submission on Nairaland for 2013 because nothing can beat it considering that the manifesto of the PDP as delivered here is not one even Somalia , failed as it is, can aspire to copy grin grin

By the way, the two manifestos are not at all similar. Nowhere near. In fact what the PDP present as manifesto is an utter embarrassment and a study in the delivery of vague and not-too-clever rhetoric.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jmaine: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe:

By the way, the two manifestos are not at all similar. Nowhere near. In fact what the PDP present as manifesto is an utter embarrassment and a study in the delivery of vague and not-too-clever rhetoric.

I might agree that it is vague but no doubt certain similarities exist. All you need to do is look at the main cardinal thrust of the APC manifesto and it becomes clearer.

I believe the APC major thrust include the following ==> “Belief in, and the fear of God’; Upholding the rule of law; Preserving national unity; Pursuit of a just and egalitarian society; Building of strong institutions; Commitment to social justice and economic progress; and Promoting representative and functional participatory democracy”.

The reason is not far fetched cos of the evident challenges we face as a Nation stuttering democratically. My quote below was meant to highlight that.

jmaine:
Afterall both parties are active in a political field seeking to solve certain glaring generational challenges impacting the Nation.

Whether the PDP fulfilled theirs is a discussion for another day . .
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by pokur: 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
Heck,who wrote that tripe PDP calls manifesto?.They should ask for a refund if someone got paid to come up with such stite
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
pokur: Heck,who wrote that tripe PDP calls manifesto?.They should ask for a refund if someone got paid to come up with such stite

Abi OOOO. Why draw attention to such a garbage document , only fit to be hidden away in the darkest corner, by saying comically that anyone would want to copy it? This PDP sef. Disgraceful Party that says it is "the biggest Party in Africa" whereas the reality is that the entire world only sees the most confused and unintelligently inept Party in Africa.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Abi OOOO. Why draw attention to such a garbage document , only fit to be hidden away in the darkest corner, by saying comically that anyone would want to copy it? This PDP sef. Disgraceful Party that says it is "the biggest Party in Africa" whereas the reality is that the entire world only sees the most confused and unintelligently inept Party in Africa.
Lol! am very certain that crap called PDP manifesto was copied from another Democratic party from another country.Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the killer party because they are doing the exact opposite of the trash i just read up there. PDP and copy copy things, you go fear dem na! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Release El-zakzaky Now Or We Storm Abuja, Shiites Threaten / Top 10 Richest Politicians In Nigeria 2018 / INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Sanwo Olu - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.