Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47613 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bidis: 4:12am On Jul 10, 2013
carrying 8 homebase players to cof is too much 6 is okay
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:14am On Jul 10, 2013
Please read before talking. Where did I say Keshi would have done better with Madrid. I am talking of if Keshi had those kind of talents available to him for selection in the national team. Please Coach Keshi is doing a great job with bad tools. This is how people were attacking Westerhof left and right and messed everything when Westerhof wasn't around.
milehigh06:

what!!!!!!that is total bs you just poured through your nostrils,mou did not go trophyless
he won the league,copa del rey and supercopa with madrid before he left.
keshi would have done squat with madrid like you all forget that keshi was also a coach of mali and togo and if you are good,you will be coach of a better team,at least when madrid job became vacant,keshi was not on mars

Not saying he is bad coach but Nigerians should stop over blowing that stupid ego we have
we still ahve a long way to go
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by bidis: 4:16am On Jul 10, 2013
wetin when eagles where nt playing well u oliseh dt make dis type of comment na keshi don make us they watch super eagles match again for naija everybody wan be coach

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 10, 2013
He has a point
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 4:31am On Jul 10, 2013
slimghost: Truth. Keshi lacks the skill to manage the likes of Osaze and Lukman Haruna. For God's sake people like Ogu,Babatunde,Akpala and co have no business in the SE.

i tink Keshi is trying to build a team for the WorldCup...watz the essence of using Osaze...Haruna....Joel Obi...Martinz..Ike Uche if he cannot control dem...Ogu n the rest u mentioned mite not have performed...bur wif time...deir true potential will show...i tink datz wat Keshi'z plan is.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Myself2(m): 4:35am On Jul 10, 2013
overdrive: Bulls eye from oliseh!

You mean Bullshit from Oliseh

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 4:39am On Jul 10, 2013
Moshkom: Wat Oliseh jst said now s fact.. To me thr s no diff btw d Super Eagles nd d Tahitians #Tahiti because we both av only one foreign player in d tournament whic ours s MIKEL odas ar jst thr cos dey need to complete d team.

i have a question for u....which players shuud Keshi haff carried to Confed dat he didnt carry....Moses n Emenike n Onazi wer injured...Ike Uche didnt haff much to offer at Afcon so he was dropped..the rest of the playerz played in Afcon wif sum additions Oduamdi n Ogu...Trust me if we went to Confed wif our full squad, na anoda stori we for dey hear naw...Jst wait till world cup n watch nigeria under Keshi re-write history!

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by true2god: 4:42am On Jul 10, 2013
To me Oliseh is playing a Morsi of Egypt here who criticizes Hosni Mubarak, but wen given the opportunity to lead couldnt last. It is easy to criticise. Oliseh should leave Keshi alone abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Myself2(m): 4:47am On Jul 10, 2013
This Oliseh talks as if he knows more than everybody,pray tell;what are his coaching credentials?where and where has he coached?which national team has he coached,what FIFA tournaments he he taken players to?
To me he is just an armchair critic,and we have millions of them both in Nigeria and the diaspora,he is just opportune to sit on the panel of supersport,it doesn't make him a know-all-fella
There are millions of football fans that can analyse better than him if given the opportunity,but that does not make them national team coaches,how can you talk the talk if you have not walked the walk.
Oliseh we know you hope to coach Nigeria one day,but Stephen Keshi has the job now,so allow him do his job and stop distracting him(as your personality which some of us know,will not tolerate these things you're doing to our coach now were someone else to do it to you as the national coach)

On his assertion that Nduka Irabor of the LMC spoke with him to help in getting the Nigerian league back on track,I'd say Nduka should stop that nonsense at once,it is tantamount to sentiment and playing to the gallery.Mr Sunday Oliseh,do you have any admin istrative experience about running a leagueIf so kindly kindly tell us which national or state FA,anywhere in the world you've worked for before in an administrative capacity. Blimey

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 4:49am On Jul 10, 2013
Dee60: In football, you should expect criticism and Keshi should know that. It is all about tactics and sometimes you dont get it. Big Bro, learn from Mourinho. When things go wrong he accepts the blame, smile and promise never to have a repeat. Our performance at CONFED was abysmally poor.

We have to warm up to experienced players. We should not allow ego to blind us. Mourinho and Ronaldo were not in the best of terms last season, but they both managed to get on professionally. I really do not understand why players in top leagues are shut out of the eagles!

We were defeating minions at regional level and we thought we could play against Spain as we played against Togo!

Can i get the names of dese experienced playerz....plz dont call Osaze...Martinz...Yobo...Nsorfor...Ike Uche....Obasi.....Haruna...Yakubu (werent needed in afcon)

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 4:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Umunede: this is my suspicion. seems keshi is doing business with the super eagles

wat are u talking about!...the problem we've alwaiz had in the S.E. Has been the use of foreign playerz that cum n play total nonsense coz dey're alreadi made n prolly wuldnt want to get injuries on national duty...so i c no fault in Keshi using homebase playerz....n if Keshi wantd to do business dnt u tink i'd b more profitable wif the foreign based playerz..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

i tink Keshi is trying to build a team for the WorldCup...watz the essence of using Osaze...Haruna....Joel Obi...Martinz..Ike Uche if he cannot control dem...Ogu n the rest u mentioned mite not have performed...bur wif time...deir true potential will show...i tink datz wat Keshi'z plan is.
which world cup are u talking of, its only 3 teams dat have qualified and nigeria is not one of dem. It was this same building of team excuse dat christian chukwu was doing until angola piped us.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 4:59am On Jul 10, 2013
texaco1:
you don't know keshi ,he will never accept or take corrections that is why he calls himself the big boss then.oliseh has made some reasonable points,the world cup is where the boys are seperated from the men keshi should do the right thing now .he needs to identify the areas that we need experienced and exposed players

the truth of this whole mata is dat...the advice Oliseh is giving Keshi is not needed....Keshi isnt Mr Know It All bur cant y'all c he has a plan...His aim is to bring out a World Class Super Eagles team for the world cup with a combination of Foreign based players he can control n home based playerz that are trying to make name...n i tink he is doing a very good job...so Oliseh'z constructive criticism was not needed in the 1st place..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 10, 2013
bidis: carrying 8 homebase players to cof is too much 6 is okay
thank u very much, keshi is just dishin out caps unnecessarily. What was his criteria for callin up akpala who scored once in 19 games and michael babatunde who is a free agent. And mind u there were 9 changes from the team dat won afcon how can u justify dis 'building of team'
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:08am On Jul 10, 2013
NO LONG TIN: This Oliseh sef!!! d guy don dey tire me.

Who out of the AGCON team that did us proud didnt participate in CONFED apart from Emenike, Moses and Yobo (for obvious reasons)?

The foreign based players he is campaigning for neva did anything for us apart from fighting and showing us how big their egos are.

Although we lost in the CONFED, I've neva been so proud to be a Nigerian(football-wise) till AFCON and CONFED. We played well in CONFED and lost, unlike when we go to tournaments play baldly and still lose (even with our white coach(es)) - and there was hardly any home-based player back then. Does Oliseh want us to go back to that period?

He also claimed he(keshi) should be able to manage players, I agree with him on that but managing players is also knowing when not to bring in a player that will disrupt team spirit. He should find out why Joey Barton at his peak didnt represent England regularly.

He Also talked about Brazil not using new faces as the reason they won, I could also show him teams that didnt win using the same old faces and countries with foreign based players 'the best out of their countries' - according to him, dat flopped e.g. Coit d vior(abi wetin b d spelling.. d 1 with drogba dem)

and then he caps it off, with I'm doing it for the greater good of Nigeria, nobody is greater than Nigeria bla bla bla. He should save it for his chickens. If it wasn't a personal attack on Keshi but to develop d Nigeria league as he claims, I don't see how abusing/telling the home based players they are not good enough helps, going on air to Say stuff when he could have called him. If he wants to help he should channel his attacks on the management of the NFL - that's d solution not limiting the number of home based players in the national team shikena

Nawa ooo , I just deh pour out my heart, I no know say I don type reach dis 1..... gudnyt all

Brazil did not use new faces.......nicca i didnt knw Paulinho...neymar...hulk...fred....dante...oscar....Luis haff been playing for brazilian national team for up to 4yrz oooo....for crying out loud dose are new faces...the reason y brazil won confed is bcoz dey dropped the likes of Kaka...robinho...Ronaldinho...the truth is we shuu wait till world cup b4 we judge Keshi....Nicca knowz wat he is doing!

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:13am On Jul 10, 2013
N_girl: I understand where Oliseh is coming from. Keshi is a good coach. No one can dispute that fact but he should know there will always be criticism once in a while. The fact is that we could have done better in the Confederations Cup if only the team was better. No one is saying new players/home based players shouldn't be given a chance but it should be in a way that it wouldn't cost the team. There should have been a better mix in the National Team that played in the Confederations Cup. Anyway, it's all well and good if Keshi understands what people are trying to say.
...So, Sunday Oliseh and Stephen Keshi should stop this unnecessary exchange of "replies"
All in all; I don't think the team is bad but I know it could and should be better smiley smiley

i want to understand something....if Emenike,Moses,Onazi were not injured wuldnt Keshi haff used dem....issit Keshi'z fault dey picked injuries...cant Oliseh see dat dose homebase playerz wer last minute pickz for Keshi...instead of foreign based playerz(whose names haff not been mentioned yet) dat wee cum n start forming baddo ontop feild n end up playing nonsense..

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:16am On Jul 10, 2013
success_07: Hmm, let me look @ d matches nd homebased players dat regularly featured @ confed cup.

Oboabona? Did well in my opinion.
Mba? Nt tu wel. I av my reservations abt im even frm afcon. E is yet 2 convince as bein a gud 'man in d hole'.
Gambo? Missed a glorios chance against Spain. Yakubu did beta certainly in 2010.

Who did nt go 2 Brazil?
Moses, injured.
Ike Uche, club engagement.
Our big centre forward, injured tu.
Onazi, injured.
Osaze, tu egoistic, i used to like im very much bt now very unprofessional.
Anichebe, dont know tho bt i heard e called a time-out.
Ameobi, clause in contract.
Martins, coaches discretion.

Who else? D SE is just a team of overhyped average players. Outside d 1st 11, can d rest beat an average team like Saudi? I doubt!
Why did d SE fail in Brazil? No striker! Who could av done so outside Emenike? Mayb Anichebe or Ameobi.., bt remember they ar nt proven in my opinion.

So y wil Gambo nt b in Brazil?

GOD BLESS U for this post!.....Anichebe n Ameobi(dey've not been in the team well enuf to understand deir pattern of play) wud haff dont worst sef..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Myself2(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2013
@ posters

Could you guys post in English for the love of God angry angry angry
It's difficult and a tard irritating trying to decipher all those informal short hand posts of yours
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:20am On Jul 10, 2013
aikuda:

I guess that is what analysis is about- to analyse an existent issue or a phenomenon, usually with a view to profer solutions or improvement. It is similar to what you are doing now!

So wat solution did Oliseh giff Keshi naw....dat he shuu rub aboniki on Emenike,Onazi n Moses legz so dey dont get injuries....??

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:22am On Jul 10, 2013
Cant y'all c dat Keshi is trying to build a back-up team wif the likes of Gambo...Babatunde....Akpala...so incase the likes of emenike...moses...onazi go on injury again we wuldnt haff to panic since dat'z wat happend in the Confed cup....Keshi wee end up being the best coach Nigeria has eva had...so Oliseh shuu chill.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by sarutobie(m): 5:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Obiagu1: Thank you the Big Boss, Keshi.
Oliseh is a clown, a very poor clown for that matter!
Who did Keshi leave out for the Confed Cup?
He should name names so that we'll be able to weigh in on his judgment.
Instead of using a blanket term, foreign based, he should name those we should invite!
An igbo adage says "use your tongue to count you teeth"..you don't expect Oliseh to literally start calling out names.na you go still talk say the so called names don bribe oliseh..or na you go still talk say oliseh wan create enemity between the called names and Keshi..why does nigerians term any critic as an automatic enemy?? Or someone who is against their progress.."If he can accept our support and praises,he should also accept our constructive critcisms"..keshi should meditate on these words!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 10, 2013
What kind of coach uses injury as an excuse, he had d chance to replace onazi but he couldn't b/cos he didnt knw who to call up. What if emenike and moses and all d players he claimed are missin are ruled out 4 anoda six months will he nw tell us we wont qualify 4 w/cup. If a student tells u he failed an exam b/c he didnt study or dat his expo wasn't sufficent, is it d teachers fault. Keshi needs to hav a plan b
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by musiwa29: 5:29am On Jul 10, 2013

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:32am On Jul 10, 2013
WildChild00: My take on the issue between coach Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh is this, both of them have really tried and countributed to the development of football to our dear country Nigeria no doubt about that, but has anybody ever ask himself/herself why coach Stephen Keshi is always to quick to defend his team, as in when they do badly, "we are still re-building, and as you can see, the xyz team has been together for 3-4years, why the super eagles for just 8 months" must Keshi always say this when they loose? He said this wen we lost to Spain, etc....

As for Sunday Ugochukwu Oliseh, we know you are an analysis, but you should not forget where you are coming from.

The truth is Keshi is actually rebuilding the team...n till he finishes dont xpect much....Simple!!!...he showed wat he had to offer in Afcon....naw he has his eyes on the World Cup...incase u didnt notice our only problem in the confed cup was tha attack coz if we scored dose goalz...i dont think Uruguay n Spain wud haff the moral to play like dey did...n i know Keshi has taken notes down n will find solutionz to the attack of the S.E....so dey shuu let Keshi rebuild in Peace.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:34am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

So wat solution did he giff Keshi naw....dat she rub aboniki on Emenike,Onazi n Moses legz so dey dont get injuries....??

Common Abonik balm the coach could not buy and rub Emenike and Moses to play the Confed. He started given excuses. cheesy
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:36am On Jul 10, 2013
emorse: I hear things like Osaze being a problem child and I laugh. What's the job of a manager if not to bring out the best in his players? What has Osaze done that Balotelli has not done? Yet he (Balotelli) plays regularly for his national team and club. And he does well too. Tevez, Ramos, Rooney, Suarez and even Ronaldo are never far away from controversy, yet their respective managers have a way of bringing out the best in them. Keshi can do better. DIPLOMACY is the word.

If Osaze was 23yrz n he did diz....Keshi wuldnt write him off permanently....dat nicca don old..futball age 31...real age 35....Osaze put his finger in his own nyash...so he shuu enjoy the smell...bur i really donot knw wat he did sha ooooo.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:42am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

If Osaze was 23yrz n he did diz....Keshi wuldnt write him off permanently....dat nicca don old..futball age 31...real age 35....Osaze put his finger in his own nyash...so he shuu enjoy the smell...bur i really donot knw wat he did sha ooooo.

From what I understand, Coach Keshi didn't like Osaze speaking of Yobo's inability to lead the team. Osaze also tried toppling Yobo and Coach Keshi being a former captain felt Osaze lacks team loyalty. Today it is Yobo, tomorrow it couod be the coach.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Boneda: which world cup are u talking of, its only 3 teams dat have qualified and nigeria is not one of dem. It was this same building of team excuse dat christian chukwu was doing until angola piped us.

B4 Keshi was given the job...wer the SuperEagles in good form....NO!!!!!!! They wer in shamblez....he was brot in to rebuild the team...let him do jst dat...coz u will still b dat same person dat will make NONSENSE NOISE if Nigeria qualifies for the world cup n end up playing JARGONS.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Boneda: thank u very much, keshi is just dishin out caps unnecessarily. What was his criteria for callin up akpala who scored once in 19 games and michael babatunde who is a free agent. And mind u there were 9 changes from the team dat won afcon how can u justify dis 'building of team'

I haff a question for u....How will keshi know Babatunde n Apkala are up to the task if he doesnt use dem for crying out loud!....shey itz bcoz they didnt perform up to expectation u're talking naw...How did Keshi discover Mba n dat oda nigerian hombase defender if he didnt use dem for the Nationz cup...Keshi has his style n principles for Christ'z sake...let him WORK n keep ur criticismz till after he flopz in the World Cup!....or if he doesnt qualify for it at all..Nigeria'z problem at the Confed cup was the attack....plz if u no beta attack combination dat wud haff done beta....Please write dem lemme see..abi u wan go borrow playerz from oda countries?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2013
Boneda: What kind of coach uses injury as an excuse, he had d chance to replace onazi but he couldn't b/cos he didnt knw who to call up. What if emenike and moses and all d players he claimed are missin are ruled out 4 anoda six months will he nw tell us we wont qualify 4 w/cup. If a student tells u he failed an exam b/c he didnt study or dat his expo wasn't sufficent, is it d teachers fault. Keshi needs to hav a plan b

Issit not the plan B he is trying to get naw....that u criticz wee not let him rest...The Super Eagles had no plan at all b4 Keshi..wat had the Super Eagles won b4 Keshi came into the scene...Nicca is cracking his brain wer-eva he is to make sure he doesnt flop...U guyz are der ranting...y didnt u apply for the coaching job...U guyz want resultz...bur donot want to pay the price to get the result...abi did dey tell u Brazil won the South American Nationz cup...NO!!!!....dey wer building a team...n naw that team has won the Confed cup...give Keshi till the World Cup is ova....den y'all can make noize if he doesnt get to the quarter/semi final

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by MekT(m): 6:16am On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

From what I understand, Coach Keshi didn't like Osaze speaking of Yobo's inability to lead the team. Osaze also tried toppling Yobo and Coach Keshi being a former captain felt Osaze lacks team loyalty. Today it is Yobo, tomorrow it couod be the coach.

If dat was wat happened....i guess Osaze'z Bleep-up was his manner of approach....coz Yobo been don dey jonze since...n i guess it took the MAN in Osaze to stand out n point Yobo'z inability to carry on in the SuperEagles...n wateva Osaze was noizing about showed in the Afcon coz Yobo was absolutely useless...i guess Osaze had to pay the price for the Super Eagles to bcome a beta team..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by entadaplace: 6:17am On Jul 10, 2013
ayusco: Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good

Mikel never had a problem playing for Nigeria, Nigerians caused the so called problem, Siasia strict coaching methods also drove players away! Imagine a German division 2 player as Nigeria's top Striker Against spain, How in this world can we score, even if we have 100 percent of possession! Is that the best we've got. Osaze and his twitter rants, That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Balotelli was worse, but he was supported by Prandelli and the whole scored! The Uche brothers, anichebe, the list is endless! Keshi Needs to grow up. Oliseh made a Big point. Look at the way Mikel played againt Uruguay and Spain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim / I Want Kalim & Nazim Amokachi, My Twin Sons To Play For Nigeria- Daniel Amokachi / Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.