Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria (11834 Views)

Lecturer II (dietitian) At Afe Babalola University, Ado-ekiti (ABUAD) / HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by EreluY(f): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Our baby of the family, wants to return to Naija after completing his studies in the UK. Her visa is running out and would like to take up this job but needs to do her maths before taking a plunge!.

The remuneration for the job (Lecturer II, CONUASS 3) is N897,501.00 – N1,074,314.00 per annum. Can someone who surely knows tell me what the allowances for this job is likely to amount to, and what the total take home per annum would, ultimately, most likely be? Thanks.
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Erelu_Y: Our baby of the family, wants to return to Naija after completing his studies in the UK. Her visa is running out and would like to take up this job but needs to do her maths before taking a plunge!.

The remuneration for the job (Lecturer II, CONUASS 3) is N897,501.00 – N1,074,314.00 per annum. Can someone who surely knows tell me what the allowances for this job is likely to amount to, and what the total take home per annum would, ultimately, most likely be? Thanks.

The allowances are part of the total package. The basic is a fraction of the figure you stated above hence, by the time you add housing, inconvenience, furniture etc it will amount to 80-100k per month before tax. My premise is the CONPASS structure which is not so different from those in the Educational sector.
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by EreluY(f): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks very much sir/madam for the insight. My poor girl would collapse if she hears this. She earns (after tax) at the minute, here in the UK, around £1300, and doesn't want to break any immigration rules. Why are university lecturers so poorly paid in Naija? 100k per month for a job which requires a PhD. This is so sad.
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
Erelu_Y: Thanks very much sir/madam for the insight. My poor girl would collapse if she hears this. She earns (after tax) at the minute, here in the UK, around £1300, and doesn't want to break any immigration rules. Why are university lecturers so poorly paid in Naija? 100k per month for a job which requires a PhD. This is so sad.

It is not that bad if you weigh the pros and cons of the job...free time to do other things like personal biz,write jounals, family etc, a career in public service with job security and the list goes on and on. Considering the present system is encouraging Nigerians in diaspora to take up civil service jobs so the much needed changes can be effected...choice is yours
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by braine(m): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
One thing you should note; most of those lecturers make side monies from holding other administrative offices. All the lecturers I was close to never really looked forward to their salaries. Its not a bad idea. I'm working towards becoming one, even though the salary is not encouraging, the many perks attached to it are enticing.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by KaceeDcontrol(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2013
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about but there's definitely no way a Lecturer II will be paid that little. Grad Assistants in Fed universities are paid b/w 1.2million and 1.4million

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by NoQualms1(f): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2013
The total salary will be up to 200k monthly. Google CONUASS, you will get the details. You may even get to download the document. I once downloaded it, tried attaching it to this post but Seun said it's larger than 200kb. All the best to your sis.

Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by EreluY(f): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2013
Just in case anyone is following this thread, I spoke with a Lecturer in a Federal University who confirmed Lecturer II's monthly take home (i.e. after all deductions) as approximately 135,000 per month. How can someone survive on this kind of wages in places like Lagos & Abuja?
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by obo389(m): 5:37am On Jul 11, 2013
@OP
Check the punch newspaper of last wk thur/fri edition(not too sure of d exact day).
A break down of SALARY STRUCTURE II(CONUASS II) PER ANNUM ws carefully tabulated from graduate assistant to professor.(Effective 23rd march,2011).
Whn i stumble on d exact date of d newspaper,wil gt bck2u soon.
Cheers
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by EreluY(f): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello, those of you following this thread. I found this link (http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/cieunilorin/download/conuass.pdf) on UNILORIN webpage! It shows that Lecturer II on CONUASS 3, earns a total of ₦1,649.509. This amounts to ₦137,459.08 before tax and pensions deductions. Conservatively, a Lecturer II potentially takes home ₦130,000 per month.

[size=16pt]The other question I would like to explore on this thread is this: Can a single person used to UK lifestyle survive on this wage (₦130,000 per month) in Lagos of today? If so, how? She's not extravagant but lives a basic, decent lifestyle: no partying, clubbing, etc, (her only weakness is she likes and does have a nice 4 x 4), just a typical acada. Your contributions would be highly appreciated[/size]
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erelu_Y: The other question I would like to explore on this thread is this: Can a single person used to UK lifestyle survive on this wage (₦130,000 per month) in Lagos of today? If so, how? She's not extravagant but lives a basic, decent lifestyle: no partying, clubbing, etc, (her only weakness is she likes and does have a nice 4 x 4), just a typical acada. Your contributions would be highly appreciated[/color][/size][/b]

I'll be honest with you.
She is going to be a bit disappointed when she first resumes given that she'll have to spend heavily at the initial point to pay for rent, buy household appliances and furniture, etc. The expenses would make her salary seem inadequate but once she has gotten that out of the way it should be smooth sailing from then on.

Single female lecturers do not tend to be extravagant and N130,000 should be more than enough to cover her living expenses and have some extra left to save for other ventures.

She's the baby of the house so she wouldn't be getting much pressure from the home end, right? You people could even lend her some help in settling down, getting a flat, etc.

Believe me, after the first half year, she'd get used to the pay.

That figure you quote, is almost the same as the netpay (excluding housing upfront and other allwces) of second level in a new gen bank that most people believe is the best paying bank in Nigeria (though they aren't). And the staff live comfortably. So your sis shouldn't be bothered.
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2013
A lecturer at a Federal University told me the take home pay for lecturer 2 positions in Federal Universities ranges from N120,000 to N150,000 per month. He also said this position is occupied by Masters degree holders.
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by Funjay(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2013
one thing about Fed govt job is that you should never and i repeat NEVER judge the book by the cover.
Let me give u a scenario, a colleague of mine those days in banking got a DPR job (hausa long leg thing) and was almost tempted not to take it. Total package (stated on offer letter) is around N1.8M according to him while he was on 4.4M in bank alredi. He was advised by an insider that he should never miss the opportunity. He took the job and his 1st payment was an upfront of N1.8M for rent.

When i switched to a govt job, my basic salary was stated as 693,409.35-1,264,667.74 and i was to start at step 1 i.e 693,409.35/p.a. I was so dissapointed but i stil went ahead to pick it up and i must tell you, no regret so far. What was stated was just basic, other allowances followed and rent is thesame amout as basic. Leave allw is 50% of basic, furniture is 42% of basic, education 30%. performance, hazard, medical etc.

In summary, tell her to take the job except she wants to continue to live as 2nd class citizens in Uk with their immigration wahala forever, she will enjoy it later. Entry level may not be dt rosy but as u move on step by step, u enjoy it, all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by realbomax: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
hmmm.....na naija we dey oo. op shud know dt ASUU fit fight for pay increase 2morow and d salary jump to 200k+. if she has enof leg to push for d job here she fit come try am. u neva can tell what 2moro holds. only dt she will neva look like a pauper if she takes d job
Re: Lecturer II Salary In Nigeria by 1313(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
If I have to be sincere here, I will state it clearly that there is no lecturer who is good in his field n knows what is doing either in the federal,state or private university that is regretting the job. Have seen some that are so good that at least three university have them on their campus. To me, just be good n have the passion plus common sense. Then you can benefit so much from the system.

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Help You Turn Your Hobby To A Successful Full-time Job - Topwritersden / Beware Of Linkedin Fraud / Airport Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.