Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike (25280 Views)

ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education / BREAKING News~ASUU Calls Off Strike. / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
National President of the  Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics,  ASUP,  Dr  Chibuzor Asumogba has said that the 73-day old strike embarked on by his union will be called off in two weeks time.

This was even as the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Dr Nasir Isa Fagge told Vanguard that the  10-day-old  varsity lecturers strike would continue.

Asumogba,  in an interview with Vanguard after the meeting with the Joint National Assembly Committees on Education, indications emerged that the Federal Government would accede to their demands.

He said: “Our meeting with the Senate Committee on Education was successful. There was an agreement to meet our demands in the next two weeks as the request will be presented to President Goodluck Jonathan for his approval.”

He said that the Senate  Committee Chaired by Senator Uche Chukwumerije however, pleaded that the union should call-off their strike and give it some time to convey their demands to the President.

Asumogba who noted that he cannot unilaterally call off the strike based on government’s promise added, “We will determine when to call off our industrial action after our NEC meeting slated in two weeks.”

According to him,  ASUP demands waiting for presidential approval include; implementation of the Consolidated Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure, the Consolidated Polytechnic and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure (CONPCASS), package, the appointment of the governing council and the issuance of the White Paper on same.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/asup-set-to-call-off-strike/

3 Likes

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Timcy01(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Great news
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes ooo, but 2weeks for me is a bit too long! I wish it was tomorrow!
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Timcy01(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hahaha true talk sha but Students have stayed longer than wats remaining. Perhaps it should be used to prepare for resumption.

1 Like

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Timcy01: Hahaha true talk sha but Students have stayed longer than wats remaining. Perhaps it should be used to prepare for resumption.

You made a great point with these quote of ur's

1 Like

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Jeetkool(m): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2013
spiritfada: Yes ooo, but 2weeks for me is a bit too long! I wish it was tomorrow!
Na so jawe
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Onyiclassic(f): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2013
time 2 start readn 4 exams cos i know it would commence immediately dey call off d strike
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Datlightizzy(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2013
They should hasten up in whatsoever plans they are making o
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 10, 2013
Jeetkool:
Na so jawe

Truth Talk..
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by magarito: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
i Rep federaŀ poly ilaro, but ui in my mind... Pals pls name the school u are representing...one luv my people
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by magarito: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
@onyiclassic wic skul are u?
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
i Rep Fed poly Oko #The Polytechnic of the Moment!

3 Likes

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by free2ryhme: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
on yours marks, get set .... Continue grin grin grin
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by colombiana: 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
Country dey face serious insecurity una wan add strike join, in GEJ mind #well students are geting killed daily in schools they better be at home# funny country everyone wants attention. Mtcheww thankGod for covenant university and all other substandard private uni
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Ayor93(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
I rep fedpoly ado ekiti
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by slap1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
It's annoying that even the ghastly state of education in Nigeria is irregular. . . ASUU should quickly follow suit.
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
well waitin on ASUU for us

selling crac.k on d street for d main time..

hurstling

2 Likes

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by dedons: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
This children should be allowed to stay @ home for @least 365 days

the strike should not be called off

2 Likes

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
We
are
waiting
till
two
weeks
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by kachi04(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
abeg if they wan call off make dem call off with their bros ASUU
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by kachi04(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
slap1: It's annoying that even the ghastly state of education in Nigeria is irregular. . . ASUU should quickly follow suit.
ASUP don stay 70 days and above, abeg make dem free us (ASUU) make we do our own 70 days... flexing continues

2 Likes

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by FineBro(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
ASUP or ASUU should pack make I flex small.

1 Like

Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Neduzze5(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
FineBro: ASUP or ASUU should pack make I flex small.

Now wey dem wan call off strike

Una wan flex

Abi una no wan go back school again?

Erm...

Abeg ASUU, make our own one month jare!

Dazzol!!
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by delors(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
When they call off the strike, let all the students start from part one again because dem don overstay for house forget all the things dem learn before before grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by ogoniland: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
ASUU abeg, do call off d strike oo
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by dagentility(f): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
2 weeks time,chai,since i was able to wait for d past two months going to three months, God wil help me to wait until d 2wks.
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by Caseless: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
ogoniland: ASUU abeg, do call off d strike oo
keep quiet! i pray this should not extend to ASUU and u are here posting this comment. becareful!
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by MrScript(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
No comment about Discrimination of Poly student
Re: ASUP Set To Call Off Strike by ishmael(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
spiritfada: National President of the  Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics,  ASUP,  Dr  Chibuzor Asumogba has said that the 73-day old strike embarked on by his union will be called off in two weeks time.

This was even as the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Dr Nasir Isa Fagge told Vanguard that the  10-day-old  varsity lecturers strike would continue.

Asumogba,  in an interview with Vanguard after the meeting with the Joint National Assembly Committees on Education, indications emerged that the Federal Government would accede to their demands.

He said: “Our meeting with the Senate Committee on Education was successful. There was an agreement to meet our demands in the next two weeks as the request will be presented to President Goodluck Jonathan for his approval.”

He said that the Senate  Committee Chaired by Senator Uche Chukwumerije however, pleaded that the union should call-off their strike and give it some time to convey their demands to the President.

Asumogba who noted that he cannot unilaterally call off the strike based on government’s promise added, “We will determine when to call off our industrial action after our NEC meeting slated in two weeks.”

According to him,  ASUP demands waiting for presidential approval include; implementation of the Consolidated Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure, the Consolidated Polytechnic and Colleges of Education Academic Staff Salary Structure (CONPCASS), package, the appointment of the governing council and the issuance of the White Paper on same.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/asup-set-to-call-off-strike/
These poly lecturers are funny. I thought removing the discrimination against HND certificate and establishment of a national polytechnics commission were the foremost reasons for embarking on the strike? It's money that is their priority. Na wa for Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused / SSANU Joins ASUU To Reject IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.