Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (63333 Views)

Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! / Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2013
saxywale:
I had a class mate who only entered a girls hostel ( moremi) once. That once sef was to create awareness for their fellowship annual program. He attended deeper life students fellowship at old buka. he is now back in ife as a lecturer in elect/ elect dept. I was in ife 01 to 06 so I did not witness the killing but I got plenty gist from roommates/senior colleagues at awo annex facing moz ( my room in part two).

I was in Ife 01-06 too.

What department?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by delpee(f): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2013
That marked the end of pyrates as the national body stopped their activities.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dom(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2013
was in U.I then. But the gory news reverberated up to Ibadan with all its graphic details. I recall visiting OAU shortly after and was shown a spot on the floor which they said was one of the deceased's grey matter. It was indeed a very strange occurrence, considering that Ife had been hitherto totally free of cult related activities. I wonder if that case was fully investigated. May they continue resting in peace.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Aerial view showing the academic area of the most beautiful campus in Africa.

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by taiwo3(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Google bro..
Tolexander: can you please provide the link where wale omole ever headed ICPC?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by yoged(m): 9:17am On Jul 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: Aerial view showing the academic area of the most beautiful campus in Africa.
sorry for derailing the thread. Ur name ring a bell. Do you know the olowoyo's living in igboya,ife?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2013
Gunzilla:

I'm glad you enjoyed going on strike for 11 months! But i can assure you that majority of people dont.The thing that amuses me about Ife students and Alumni is that you guys think that constant Aluta without no justification is a good thing.Thats precisely what i could not stand about that school!! Every Session,each SUG government must have something to fight about.Very Stupid and immature students!So all Aluta in the middle of nowhere in Ife,what has it achieved ?!It has cured the corruption in Naija abi ? Ife students want constant electricity,water,lawns to be mowed everything to be in perfect condition and then they dont want to pay anything in fees.Afterwards they finish and the go pay 12,000 pounds a year for MSc in England!
All of you hailing Tony Fash,were you there when he was begging all over the school,him and Obe Sere for them to take him back after expulsion ?! When he was wandering all over Lagos,looking unkempt like a tout ? No,all you you had completed your degrees and moved on with your lives!!

No vex buh are you the Tony Fash?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Ajasnoop: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2013
tpia@:

the only cult with a prominent/public base in oau is the kegites club.

Kegites Club is not a cult. Get your facts right please
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2013
yoged: sorry for derailing the thread. Ur name ring a bell. Do you know the olowoyo's living in igboya,ife?
I don't.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by phyktor(m): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2013
bellong:

Not J.O, TR is more brutal and wicked than J.O.....

J.O is very fearful but systematical in dealing with students by instilling fear in them.
...no, u r mixin up tins here....seems u dnt knw T.R....
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by bomega4u(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2013
DonPizzaro: i was i my final year then,i lived at annex awo hall.

December 1999 christmas celebration, a friend of mine from Uniben hinted me that i should evacuate awo hall that they might be planning a hit on the hall.I took the warning with a pinch of salt.

3 days before the D day, i noticed a lot of strange guys/veichles on campus.infact i could still remember one white regular limo benz filled with guys.

a day to D DAY i remember seeing a guy dressed in full black with big eagle head drawn at the back of his leather jacket at the sport complex.this guy gestured at me asking what i was doing there by myself at the lawn tennis court.i was just lookig at him.

july 9 eve.i noticed an usually high activity at angola/mozambique car park.i saw a lot of cars with alpha....... plates numbers.a friend explained to me that club guys were having their gigs that night.

Also the awo hall cafe was alive with music of the kegites ,they were having a gyration.at 10pm i went to bed.

at exactly 4am the next morning came this heavy gunshots with a lot of vibration.The gunshots were accompanied with the shout " awo boys come out" our usual slogan when we want to beat up an offender or cultist.surely this came from pump actions and shotguns we quickly put out the light in our room.i dont think that operation lasted more than 15 minutes.

Then all went silent all of a sudden.i went to afrika'S room i saw him dead with his brain littering the bed.they used axe on him.He could have escaped but had taken too much palmwine from the kegite gyration.i went to the nearby health sent and i saw a lot of dead guys. men blood dey smell!

my class mate pintos escaped by the whiskers ,he ran into a bathroom but eviano was shot on the thigh while coming out of the same bathroom. i was really sad.

I agree with you. There were unusual activities on campus few days before July 10.Strange faces here and there. As big as the campus was, amazingly you will identify a jjc if you see one.
That supports the unpopular position of Faro that Lanre Legacy,the SUG president had a hint about the hit and was not on campus that night as he claimed.This position Faro maintained at the panel of enquiry.
Anytime I meet Faro I will still like to ask him why he stood by such unpopular view.

Sleep on all great IFE heroes.

Of the greatest IFE!

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by sagbar(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2013
saxywale:
I had a class mate who only entered a girls hostel ( moremi) once. That once sef was to create awareness for their fellowship annual program. He attended deeper life students fellowship at old buka. he is now back in ife as a lecturer in elect/ elect dept. I was in ife 01 to 06 so I did not witness the killing but I got plenty gist from roommates/senior colleagues at awo annex facing moz ( my room in part two).
U mean one of my lecturers?am curious 2knw him.I'm in my final year nw....most young lecturers in my dpt seems 2 appear 'saint'
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Idacrux: 10:24am On Jul 11, 2013
AFRIKA leaved an unproductive,unfulfilled life.Yet some dudes here are busy emulating such person.wetin ur parents send u go do 4 uni. na politics abi book;I learnt a big lesson frm this tales*RIP*
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Biggyd2: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2013
Really sad! Who knows what these dead student would have turned out to be in this universe? Their lives were cut short by some imbeciles called cultists.

My pain is that after they perpetrated such heinous crimes almost all of the cultists have long integrated themselves into our society. Many of them would have families of their own. I also just have the feeling that most of them are still the same rascals in government pretending to be running the affairs of this country. Some of them do behave like wild animals.

R.I.P to dead. You went to sleep early but you won't be forgotten. Wonder what their loved ones went and are still going through.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dolphinife: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2013
I could recall the gory incident that happened in february 2007 between the student union and the school management headed by Faborode. Faborode had decided not to give the students lecture free week, but the student union persisted that the lecture free week must be observed. Faborode insisted that no students whatsoever can dictate how to run the school to him.

The school management fixed the exam without recognising the lecture free week. On the day of the exams, the student union, led by Saburi, mobilise themselves into the exam venues, moreso, the management has stationed Mobile Policemen in the strategic exam venues. Meanwhile, there's no way the MOPOL could recognise a genuine student frm a fake student.

As the exam was going on, the student union boys, me inclusive, we stood up and started breaking bottles on everything we saw. That was how the exam venues throughout the school was cancelled and everybody were chased out of the school, but Awolowo hall students refused to vacate the hall. The management sent in battalion of MOPOL to chase us out from Awolowo hall. That day was orgy and bloody as the students face the MOPOL head-long. Infact, in the bid to send the students away fmr the school premises, countless of professors were beaten and slapped thoroughly.

Eventually we gave in, and that was how we spent over 4 months at home. Since then, the stuent union and the school management under faborode were playing cat and mouse games. It got to an extent where the students protested that Faborode be removed as VC and we remembered carrying a casket to Floor O, we chase out the workers and hold faborode to ransom. It was the help of MOPOl that saved him.

Countless of these protests and agitations characterised the tenure of faborode. Nevertheless, the most performing VC in the history of OAU up till date is Faborode and I stand to be corrected. OAU has metamorphose into a Dubai of sort with transformations here and there with the networking of Faborode and the alumni. OAU is still the best
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Idacrux: AFRIKA leaved an unproductive,unfulfilled life.Yet some dudes here are busy emulating such person.wetin ur parents send u go do 4 uni. na politics abi book;I learnt a big lesson frm this tales*RIP*
Being educated goes beyond reading. These young men ensured that education is not limited to the rich only. Through protests and lecture boycott they made the management rescind on fee hike. Today can you imagine what each student of this university pays as fee - 5,300 naira. If not for the struggle of student activist, it would have been higher.
FYI the following were student activists while in OAU: Femi Falana, Itse Sagay, Mike Ozekhome, O C J Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Fred Agbaje, Olorunimbe Mamora, Segun Mimiko, Yinka Odumakin, etc.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Idacrux: 10:47am On Jul 11, 2013
I learnt a big lesson indeed frm afrika's story dat: if ur parent sent u 2 skul face ur study leave social life n others...Assume afrika is not in politics who knows may be he might still be alive.*RIP*..

3 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by mayortee(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2013
i recall that it was the clarion call on the public address system in fajuyi hall by one of the then SUG executive mr idris faro in fajuyi hall to great ife students that they should come out and defend themselves that cults are attacking AWO hall that saved most of us from running into the cult members when they invaded the hall later after dealing with AWO HALL.its a night anyone that witnessed the whole massacre will never one to remember and most especially seeing the corpse of the great afrika[who was in my class and who i had actually discussed with on friday the day before the attack]in the health centre before he was taken to the mortuary.....am very sure that those who carried out that massacre must have received their divine punishment because they shed innocent blood .may God continue to console the families of the departed in jesus name.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by yokiti: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2013
What we are we live after us. 14 years after their death, these patriot are still remembered with all these thought provoking tributes. RIP to the great leaders whose stars will never shine again. How will I/you be remembered?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ESULAALU: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2013

December 1999 christmas celebration, a friend of mine from Uniben hinted me that i should evacuate awo hall that they might be planning a hit on the hall.I took the warning with a pinch of salt.

3 days before the D day, i noticed a lot of strange guys/veichles on campus.infact i could still remember one white regular limo benz filled with guys.

a day to D DAY i remember seeing a guy dressed in full black with big eagle head drawn at the back of his leather jacket at the sport complex.this guy gestured at me asking what i was doing there by myself at the lawn tennis court.i was just lookig at him.

july 9 eve.i noticed an usually high activity at angola/mozambique car park.i saw a lot of cars with alpha....... plates numbers.a friend explained to me that club guys were having their gigs that night.

Also the awo hall cafe was alive with music of the kegites ,they were having a gyration.at 10pm i went to bed.

at exactly 4am the next morning came this heavy gunshots with a lot of vibration.The gunshots were accompanied with the shout " awo boys come out" our usual slogan when we want to beat up an offender or cultist.surely this came from pump actions and shotguns we quickly put out the light in our room.i dont think that operation lasted more than 15 minutes.

Then all went silent all of a sudden.i went to afrika'S room i saw him dead with his brain littering the bed.they used axe on him.He could have escaped but had taken too much palmwine from the kegite gyration.i went to the nearby health sent and i saw a lot of dead guys. men blood dey smell!

my class mate pintos escaped by the whiskers ,he ran into a bathroom but eviano was shot on the thigh while coming out of the same bathroom. i was really sad.

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ESULAALU: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2013

Hmmmm.....Na wa ooooo!!!! What a detailed story. May the lord have mercy on your soul,it is well with you.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by mayortee(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2013
J-man:
Omo!, i was a jambite when the incident occcurred. It was tragic! Africa was shot in the head (from the reports) and he was rushed to the health center first before being rushed to a hospital in town. He died on the way! The following morning was very interesting. Students (including our so called aje-butter babes) formed groups, mobilized vehicles and visited all motor parks/garages in search of the cultists. Come and see action!!! The "intelligence" unit of the Student Union has already gotten the names of the cultists and where they came from(i dont know how). One of them was caught and shishi maximum was dished out to him. Even the ladies jostled to join the "shishi team". During the search for the principal 'actor', a friend of mine was picked up cos he bore the first 2 names of the cultist.
And when they found the main guy nko News raced round the school like wild fire that they had caught him and his trial was to be conducted at Amphi theatre. The hall was filled (overfilled sef)to capacity. Then Lanre "Legacy" (student union president) walked in (that guy get too much action for body sef!!!). His first words were "GREATEST IFE!!!" The response from all was a resounding "GREAT!!!" Even our lecturers were there also shouting "Great" with us students.
I remember so many funny incidents (fetching water at the stream behind moz, trekking to gate through road 1 when school is on strike shocked, going for angel of chemistry lectures at 5am, eating amala at old buka, walking into Moz to toast a babe with butterflies in my stomach etc).
Ife students always stand together whereever they meet in life and protect one another.
The school is filled with so many memories. OAU for life.

afrika was actually brought in dead to the health center. he was wearing one of his native cloths. i saw him in the health centre after those devils had left the campus.....sad end to a great guy who had dreams to make impact in his generation most especially the legal profession.in class then he was only wearing natives and traditional clothes to class .i never saw him put on English attire.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by bellong: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2013
phyktor: ...no, u r mixin up tins here....seems u dnt knw T.R....

I know TR intoto... He was my thesis supervisor...
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Idacrux: I learnt a big lesson indeed frm afrika's story dat: if ur parent sent u 2 skul face ur study leave social life n others...Assume afrika is not in politics who knows may be he might still be alive.*RIP*..
You don't know what you are saying. Were the rest four killed also student activists like Afrika?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by yuzedo: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2013

Bros! Hmmmmmm......... lipsrsealed
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lovely thread,sad story, a reader's delight.,afrika & his friends lived a life of sacrifice. May their souls rest in peace. I don't know why i have this feeling that one of those that carried out this demonic act is somewhere out there reading this feeling remorse. Who knows,he might be one of those who commented but anyhow God knows best. RIP to the dead
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
bellychiz:

No vex buh are you the Tony Fash?

But don't u think Tony Fash was a blockhead. From what I picked here,Egbon yen ko ni ori to n ro mehn.. As in,a medical student with a bright future,messed up almost a decade of his life..what has he achieved with all the trouble he made then? Afrika was a law student( I understand what activism meant to him) but a medical student That bros needs to be whopped 20strokes everyday for the next 10years

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ayyoshert: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Gunzilla:

It was the Medical Doctors Induction in 1996.And there was no pandemonium or parents running out and all that..It was Tony Fash and dem Obesere and immediately VC Omole saw them,he got into the car and left...so also the other principal officers...And why are you proud of such and act ? Your colleagues have worked tirelessly for 6 plus X years and the day of their joy and jubilation,you decided to distrupt the whole thing ?!

Not that am proud of the actions of Tony Fash then, i was just being proud that am part of such a school. Thanks for the true story,i was not a student as at then. I was aware of the era of Papa Sho ( Soetan) cos he used to come to my secondary School then Moremi High School OAU, Ife to shut down the school, the school used to be the battle ground between him and the mobile police. I can vividly recall the burning pain of tear gas in our young eyes and students running helter skelter way back then '90's, 91....... atimes the SUG guys then during protest visit the University Staff School and kidnap Professors children. OAU was a very radical school.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ayyoshert: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
No Pocketing.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by tomakint: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
sanniemoe:

But don't u think Tony Fash was a blockhead. From what I picked here,Egbon yen ko ni ori to n ro mehn.. As in,a medical student with a bright future,messed up almost a decade of his life..what has he achieved with all the trouble he made then? Afrika was a law student( I understand what activism meant to him) but a medical student That bros needs to be whopped 20strokes everyday for the next 10years
Kid, you are a ninny for the unguided outburst from you! This is a guy who risked his life, education, time to liberate OAU students from the shackles of oppression introduced into the system by sadist lecturers like Lamikanra, occultic VC like Wale Omole and you are here spewing gabbage, son, you deserve 100 strokes of bulala for that nonsense you just said! angry

3 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
sanniemoe:

OAU has an appreciable number of medical students in school politics. They know know how they combine both. BTW, no department in the school can be said to easy.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
tomakint:
Kid, you are a ninny for the unguided outburst from you! This is a guy who risked his life, education, time to liberate OAU students from the shackles of oppression introduced into the system by sadist lecturers like Lamikanra, occultic VC like Wale Omole and you are here spewing gabbage, son, you deserve 100 strokes of bulala for that nonsense you just said! angry

Guy,calm down now.. Which levels now? Sup with the name calling. if i have to reply, u a stupid old hag. Nigga,I'm not ur son. So what has changed after the whole thing he caused? Look,u say whatever u want but there are over a thousand and one people who shares the same view with me. That nicca wasted those years over nothing. Why didn't u waste ur life along with him?why did u face ur studies? Mr maa Jo lo,mo n wo eyin e.. I don't want to trade words on this thread cos I find it educating and I'm sure a lot of younger people reading too must have picked a thing or two there. So don't go off the rail and stop acting like a kid

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

KNUST University Ghana In Pictures / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Expulsion Of Babcock Female Student In Leaked Sex Video / Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.