Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,964 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread (17463 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
PLEASE ONLY DO D FOLLOWING PROCESS IF U R ALREADY ROOTED.

DOWNLOAD SLIM BEAN ROM
http://d-h.st/Yoc

DOWNLOAD GAPPS
www.slimroms.net/jdownloads/slimdownload/JellyBean/Addons/AIO_Addons.4.2.2.build.7.x.zip

AFTER DOWNLOADING D ROM AND GAPPS, PUT THEM AT THE ROOT OF UR MCARD (IT SHOULD NOT BE IN ANY FOLDER).

NOW OPEN ROM MANAGER CLICK ON REBOOT TO RECOVERY MODE.UR FONE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH OFF AND BOOT IN TO
RECOVERY MENU.

NOW SELECT WIPE DATA;FACTORY RESET(USE VOLUME KEYS TO NAVIGATE UP N DOWN AND TRACKPAD KEY TO SELECT) SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT ,UR. PHONE WILL RESET .

NOW SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION,SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT.

AFTER DAT SCROLL TO ADVANCE,>WIPE DALVIC CACHE AND SELECT IT, SCROLL TO YES AGAIN N SELECT IT.

SCROLL TO AND SELECT GO BACK TO GO BACK TO RECOVERY MENU.NOW SCROLL TO N SSELECT INSTALL ZIP FROM MCARD > CHOOSE ZIP ,UR MCARD CONTENTS WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED, SELECT THE ROM (MAKE SURE THEY'RE NOT IN ANY FOLDERS OO) THEN SELECT YES TO FLASH IT. WAIT TILL ITS DONE THEN REPEAT D PROCESS WITH D GAPPS.

WHEN ITS DONE FLASHING REBOOT YA PHONE AND DATS ALL..SIMPLE
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by peppul4love: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
How do i downgrade MT4G b4 i root . Pls i need steps on how to do dat, any1 who cn help.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2013
F.K.O:
PLEASE ONLY DO D FOLLOWING PROCESS IF U R ALREADY ROOTED.

DOWNLOAD SLIM BEAN ROM
http://d-h.st/Yoc

DOWNLOAD GAPPS
www.slimroms.net/jdownloads/slimdownload/JellyBean/Addons/AIO_Addons.4.2.2.build.7.x.zip

AFTER DOWNLOADING D ROM AND GAPPS, PUT THEM AT THE ROOT OF UR MCARD (IT SHOULD NOT BE IN ANY FOLDER).

NOW OPEN ROM MANAGER CLICK ON REBOOT TO RECOVERY MODE.UR FONE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH OFF AND BOOT IN TO
RECOVERY MENU.

NOW SELECT WIPE DATA;FACTORY RESET(USE VOLUME KEYS TO NAVIGATE UP N DOWN AND TRACKPAD KEY TO SELECT) SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT ,UR. PHONE WILL RESET .

NOW SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION,SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT.

AFTER DAT SCROLL TO ADVANCE,>WIPE DALVIC CACHE AND SELECT IT, SCROLL TO YES AGAIN N SELECT IT.

SCROLL TO AND SELECT GO BACK TO GO BACK TO RECOVERY MENU.NOW SCROLL TO N SSELECT INSTALL ZIP FROM MCARD > CHOOSE ZIP ,UR MCARD CONTENTS WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED, SELECT THE ROM (MAKE SURE THEY'RE NOT IN ANY FOLDERS OO) THEN SELECT YES TO FLASH IT. WAIT TILL ITS DONE THEN REPEAT D PROCESS WITH D GAPPS.

WHEN ITS DONE FLASHING REBOOT YA PHONE AND DATS ALL..SIMPLE
which should we follow,d 1st or 2nd or both, explain bro
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2013
F.K.O:
ME ME ME.HOW MUCH?

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 01, 2013
And also that for Sensation and my touch 4g slide, 2450mah

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2013
maxdozie: which should we follow,d 1st or 2nd or both, explain bro
FIRST OF ALL,DOWNGRADE TO FROYO, THEN ROOT,THEN INSTALL CWM RECOVERY, FLASH SLIM BEAN ROM.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2013
F.K.O:
FIRST OF ALL,DOWNGRADE TO FROYO, THEN ROOT,THEN INSTALL CWM RECOVERY, FLASH SLIM BEAN ROM.
thanks i have downgraded nd rooting jst remainin cwm recovery,flash slim bean... Thanks 2u... Tanks bro
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 10:00am On Aug 01, 2013
EMMAUGOH: And also that for Sensation and my touch 4g slide, 2450mah
I THOUGHT MT4G N SENSATION USES D SAME BATTERY
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 10:03am On Aug 01, 2013
maxdozie: thanks i have downgraded nd rooting jst remainin cwm recovery,flash slim bean... Thanks 2u... Tanks bro
WOW.. CWM RECOVERY N FLASHING OF THE ROM Z EASY . NA DOWNGRADING GET WORK
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by bedfordng(m): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2013
htc mytouch 4G slide and most htc android phone is something i would not advice people to buy cos u may end up regreting it.untill htc produce a phone that can use internal memory to also store files, then i can advice pals to buy it.do you know you can't download stuffs online, take snapshop pix, video recordings, store files, and other stuff that has to do with storing without memory card on almost all htc android phones.other android phone have the option to use both phone memory and sd card to store file but with htc, u cant do such because they programed most of their phone to use only sd memory card for anything storing.my htc mytouch 4G slide is now sitting in the dark since the memory card slot got damanged and i have gone to every phone engineer for fixing, all they will say is the phone is new in town and their part is hard to get in naija.even at that, many of them are afread to try repairing it so as not to pay for more damaged since they believe its a smart phone and wudnt want to temper with the board.i cant do any thing like download, snap pix, video recording, receive bluetooth file sharing, and more stuff that made me buy the phone.for those that are praising htc phones, if your memory slot got damanged, then you will see how useless htc android phones are.if not for the rooting i did on the phone, i wouldnt have been able to gain access in doing some configuration on the system files using ADB and fast boot to enable download into the phone memory from online.apart from from this, i cant snap pix of an invent, take video of any invent, screen schot, and other stuff that has to do with memory card.i have downloaded all sort of app that have save path options but the only options they can see is sd card,phone memory dont show up. to me htc phones is one of the useless phones i have ever come across with, not untill they produce more phones with options to save files to either phone memory or memory card.even nokia symbian phones has the option to choose where to save files.my advice to all htc android phone users is that you should try and protect your phone memory card slot if you want to enjoy it because if the phone fell hard on the ground by mistake which was what happened to me and i know its bound to happen to all.if it happened to you and other part of the phone got damaged, u are safe, but if the memory card slot got damage, two things is involve, its either you sell it or trow it inside river cause dashing it to a gadget person would be a waste.and lastly,if you are a gadget person and you want to enjoy your droid phone with previlege to gain root access, always root your android phone immediately you purchase it because any thing can happen and if the worse happens such as memory card slot problem like mine and the phone is not rooted, you are on a long thing because it will be difficult to do any thing since there will not be a place to store the root files on the phone to get it rooted.if you cant do the rooting, please, please, and please give it to an expert like me to do it for you else i will not be held responsible for any bootloop brick/damage on that expensive phone you spent your hard earn money on.it pays to root your phone.if not the rooting, my htc 4g slide will be left un used because i wouldnt have been able to download stuffs to the phone memory and need to even use some tricks to install or transfer them to my pc cause the internal memory has lots of security placed on it.downloading is the only thing i can do for now apart from using the already installed apps. the rest things i mentioned is still not fixed untill i get the memory slot fixed.so my guy, protect your memory card slot if you want to enjoy your htc android phone cause you wont like what --------- complete the rest sentence.

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=F.K.O]I THOUGHT MT4G N SENSATION USES D SAME BATTERY[/quotes....

Yeah my touch 4g I mean
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2013
^^^^^ GUY U TOO FUNNY
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2013
bedfordng: htc mytouch 4G slide and most htc android phone is something i would not advice people to buy cos u may end up regreting it.untill htc produce a phone that can use internal memory to also store files, then i can advice pals to buy it.do you know you can't download stuffs online, take snapshop pix, video recordings, store files, and other stuff that has to do with storing without memory card on almost all htc android phones.other android phone have the option to use both phone memory and sd card to store file but with htc, u cant do such because they programed most of their phone to use only sd memory card for anything storing.my htc mytouch 4G slide is now sitting in the dark since the memory card slot got damanged and i have gone to every phone engineer for fixing, all they will say is the phone is new in town and their part is hard to get in naija.even at that, many of them are afread to try repairing it so as not to pay for more damaged since they believe its a smart phone and wudnt want to temper with the board.i cant do any thing like download, snap pix, video recording, receive bluetooth file sharing, and more stuff that made me buy the phone.for those that are praising htc phones, if your memory slot got damanged, then you will see how useless htc android phones are.if not for the rooting i did on the phone, i wouldnt have been able to gain access in doing some configuration on the system files using ADB and fast boot to enable download into the phone memory from online.apart from from this, i cant snap pix of an invent, take video of any invent, screen schot, and other stuff that has to do with memory card.i have downloaded all sort of app that have save path options but the only options they can see is sd card,phone memory dont show up. to me htc phones is one of the useless phones i have ever come across with, not untill they produce more phones with options to save files to either phone memory or memory card.even nokia symbian phones has the option to choose where to save files.my advice to all htc android phone users is that you should try and protect your phone memory card slot if you want to enjoy it because if the phone fell hard on the ground by mistake which was what happened to me and i know its bound to happen to all.if it happened to you and other part of the phone got damaged, u are safe, but if the memory card slot got damage, two things is involve, its either you sell it or trow it inside river cause dashing it to a gadget person would be a waste.and lastly,if you are a gadget person and you want to enjoy your droid phone with previlege to gain root access, always root your android phone immediately you purchase it because any thing can happen and if the worse happens such as memory card slot problem like mine and the phone is not rooted, you are on a long thing because it will be difficult to do any thing since there will not be a place to store the root files on the phone to get it rooted.if you cant do the rooting, please, please, and please give it to an expert like me to do it for you else i will not be held responsible for any bootloop brick/damage on that expensive phone you spent your hard earn money on.it pays to root your phone.if not the rooting, my htc 4g slide will be left un used because i wouldnt have been able to download stuffs to the phone memory and need to even use some tricks to install or transfer them to my pc cause the internal memory has lots of security placed on it.downloading is the only thing i can do for now apart from using the already installed apps. the rest things i mentioned is still not fixed untill i get the memory slot fixed.so my guy, protect your memory card slot if you want to enjoy your htc android phone cause you wont like what --------- complete the rest sentence.
...... HTC PHONE DOES THERE PHONE IN THIER OWN Way ...... AND BY the way, for real protect your sd slot.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by peppul4love: 10:57am On Aug 01, 2013
maxdozie: thanks i have downgraded nd rooting jst remainin cwm recovery,flash slim bean... Thanks 2u... Tanks bro
maxdozie cn u put me tru on how to downgrade, rilly nid ur help, dis my numb 07038180248 . U cn add me on whatsapp
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Selling the my touch battery fast..... Just solve this battery ish one and for all with a 3500mah NEW, not rokumbo ooooo
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 11:42am On Aug 01, 2013
F.K.O:
WOW.. CWM RECOVERY N FLASHING OF THE ROM Z EASY . NA DOWNGRADING GET WORK
bro i downloaded rom manager... I selected install cwm recovery it showed me my fone model (mytouch 4g) xo wat next?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2013
peppul4love: maxdozie cn u put me tru on how to downgrade, rilly nid ur help, dis my numb 07038180248 . U cn add me on whatsapp
ok lets start up
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by peppul4love: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Alrite, wat r d steps am gonna do to downgrade
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by peppul4love: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
maxdozie: ok lets start up
or write out ur number so i cn add u on whatsapp max, so it wud b easier
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
maxdozie: bro i downloaded rom manager... I selected install cwm recovery it showed me my fone model (mytouch 4g) xo wat next?
SELECT IT NOW,THEN CLICK ON FLASH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY (D LAST OPTION)
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Francheezy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
EMMAUGOH: And also that for Sensation and my touch 4g slide, 2450mah
price??
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Francheezy: price??
just 1700
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2013
Wooooow..slimbean tons ooooooooooo
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 8:36am On Aug 02, 2013
maxdozie: Wooooow..slimbean tons ooooooooooo
U DON PORT
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by peppul4love: 11:10am On Aug 02, 2013
tomiwa20: i only knw a bit about downgrading and rooting (am not a genius ), u can download d file from 4shared.com,the name is PG15IMG.ZIP (2.2.1), I don mine once tru dis step. then u need, visionary, root.rar,terminal emulator (for s-off) dats all.
tomiwa how do i downgrade, nid a clear nd simple step on howbi cn downgrade, cos i nid to root dis phone. I already have S-OFF on it. H-BOOT- 0.89.0006. What do i nid to do. URJENT HELP PLS
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
F.K.O:
U DON PORT
yesooooooooo making sence
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Peppul: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
I have S-OFF on My htc 4g, and My HBOOT-0.89.0006. and am on o.s 2.3.4 jellybean. Do i stil nid to gain s-off or downgrade to root. Cos i tot if i already hv s-off i cn jst root, bt i dnt knw if it will b possible to root jellybean with s-off, without downgrading, urgent help pls
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
Peppul: I have S-OFF on My htc 4g, and My HBOOT-0.89.0006. and am on o.s 2.3.4 jellybean. Do i stil nid to gain s-off or downgrade to root. Cos i tot if i already hv s-off i cn jst root, bt i dnt knw if it will b possible to root jellybean with s-off, without downgrading, urgent help pls
wot his this 1 taking? ¿¿¿
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Peppul: I have S-OFF on My htc 4g, and My HBOOT-0.89.0006. and am on o.s 2.3.4 jellybean. Do i stil nid to gain s-off or downgrade to root. Cos i tot if i already hv s-off i cn jst root, bt i dnt knw if it will b possible to root jellybean with s-off, without downgrading, urgent help pls
LOL 2.3.4 JELLY BEAN
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
F.K.O:
LOL 2.3.4 JELLY BEAN
guy no dey laf na, lets help him out
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ok.. Guyz am here 2help evry1 out.. I hav successfully rooted my htc mytouch 4g, tanks 2 f.k.o i hav installed a custom rom 4.2.2 slimbean... I use a 32gb mcard nd i hav increased my RAM size to 2GB RAM...which means no more "low ram" msg... Xo nw am here 2help evry1 out wit d little i knw.. Xo post ur problem and i promise 2help out... Lets make this thread a place 2find solutions..
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by maxdozie(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
B4 u root u would hav to downgrade.. By Downloading the Stock Rom for
your device:
myTouch 4G: PD15IMG.zip
Mirrors:
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/
glacier/stock/....2/
PD15IMG.zip
http://goo-inside.me/ruu/
glacier/ful...771_signed.zip
Glacier_mT4G_1.17.531.2_
PD15IMG.zip
Glacier_mT4G_1.17.531.2_
PD15IMG.zip
MD5:
49d07f0ee7de1765a6a84
cb12fa53110
1. Rename the downloaded
rom to it's proper update
name:
(Please note, the
filenames MUST be all
uppercase except for the
extension, and if file
extensions are hidden, do
not include ".zip"wink :
myTouch 4G:this is how d file would be named
"PD15IMG.zip"
2. Place the zip file in the root
of your sdcard.
3. Reboot your phone into
bootloader by typing the
following command:
Code:by pressing the down volume key and power key together
4. After your phone has
entered bootloader, press
the power button. It will
then scan for the associated
rom file and ask you to
update by pressing a key.
5. Press the key it requests to
perform the update.
DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS
PROCESS.
Your phone will reboot
once or twice - this is
completely normal.
This process will take
roughly 5-10 minutes so
make sure your phone is
charging
6. Once the process is
finished, it will ask you to
reboot by pressing a key.
Press the associated key
and it will reboot and you would be bck to froyo 2.2.1... Now u can root.
N/T when u downgrade all ur files would be lost.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? / Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC / TECNO Granted A Fan Request By Showing Love To An Orphanage Home On Valentine's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.