Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread (17467 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
lilkudos:
Bad news bro.. The rom isn't that stable.. I've tried like almost all the roms I know of.. Now works fine.. It's either the camera isn't working fine or I lags a lot.. Or it hangs and won't work till you remove and replace your battery.. Am done with the upgrading till I get a stable rom.. Am back to my 2.2.1..#what a wasted effort!! *subs*
Have u tried liquidsmooth rom? It's based on android 4.2.2. Got it 4rm xda forum Though i've nt tried it. I will try it soon. It's size is nt upto 100mb.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Ositainklord(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wizyoung:
Have u tried liquidsmooth rom? It's based on android 4.2.2. Got it 4rm xda forum Though i've nt tried it. I will try it soon. It's size is nt upto 100mb.
WARNING! THIS IS A WARNING! DO NOT FLASH ROMS TOO MUCH! I USED TO HAVE A MYTOUCH4G RUNNING SLIMBEAN 4.2.2 THEN I MOVED TO AOSP ICS, THEN SENSE 4.1 ICS. (DAMN SWETEST ROM ON EARTH WITH 3D HOMESCREEN SWAG DIE!) THEN MY PHONE STARTED OVERHEATING AND SCREEN STARTED FLASH ING AT INTERVALS OF 5 MINS. I FLASHED A CLEAN ICS ROM AGAIN. THEN ONE DAYS, WHEN I WANTED TO CHARGE THIS PHONE, IT FLASH THE BOOT SCREEN AND WENT OFF. IT NEVER CAME ON AGAIN. I TRIED XDA, ADB, PC, RECOVERY, DEAD! IT NEVER WORKED! THE CPU AND ROM PARTITIONS PROBABLY CRASHED, BUT AFTER SOME RESEARCH, I HEARD THE PHONE SUFFERS FROM SUDDEN DEATH SYNDROME. DONT FLASH TOO MUCH ROMS OH! I DUMPED THE PHONE AND GOT AN LG L7II. ITS BETTER TO GET A DEVICE WITH GUARANTEED OTA TO KITKAT LIKE MINE AND OTHER NEW PHONES. BE CAREFUL.! *LIGHTNING STRIKES* *THUNDER FLASHES* *WEARS OLD MAN CLOAK AND WALKS AWAY WITH STICK*
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Ositainklord(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wizyoung:
WARNING! THIS IS A WARNING! DO NOT FLASH ROMS TOO MUCH! I USED TO HAVE A MYTOUCH4G RUNNING SLIMBEAN 4.2.2 THEN I MOVED TO AOSP ICS, THEN SENSE 4.1 ICS. (DAMN SWETEST ROM ON EARTH WITH 3D HOMESCREEN SWAG DIE!) THEN MY PHONE STARTED OVERHEATING AND SCREEN STARTED FLASH ING AT INTERVALS OF 5 MINS. I FLASHED A CLEAN ICS ROM AGAIN. THEN ONE DAYS, WHEN I WANTED TO CHARGE THIS PHONE, IT FLASH THE BOOT SCREEN AND WENT OFF. IT NEVER CAME ON AGAIN. I TRIED XDA, ADB, PC, RECOVERY, DEAD! IT NEVER WORKED! THE CPU AND ROM PARTITIONS PROBABLY CRASHED, BUT AFTER SOME RESEARCH, I HEARD THE PHONE SUFFERS FROM SUDDEN DEATH SYNDROME. DONT FLASH TOO MUCH ROMS OH! I DUMPED THE PHONE AND GOT AN LG L7II. ITS BETTER TO GET A DEVICE WITH GUARANTEED OTA TO KITKAT LIKE MINE AND OTHER NEW PHONES. BE CAREFUL.! *LIGHTNING STRIKES* *THUNDER FLASHES* *WEARS OLD MAN CLOAK AND WALKS AWAY WITH STICK*
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wizy don't flash that liquid whatever rom.. It's a sick rom .. I downloaded and flashed it.. But the rom is crappy... Avoid it.. The thing is that I regretted ever buying a phone that I'll have to upgrade.. My tm3 is better than going through this hell for just one phone.. My phone now.. Takes time before it boots.. And before then it'll flash it"s camera light for like 10mins before it boots... I don't ever know if a stable rom exists for this phone.. It"s just sick....
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
lilkudos: Wizy don't flash that liquid whatever rom.. It's a sick rom .. I downloaded and flashed it.. But the rom is crappy... Avoid it.. The thing is that I regretted ever buying a phone that I'll have to upgrade.. My tm3 is better than going through this hell for just one phone.. My phone now.. Takes time before it boots.. And before then it'll flash it"s camera light for like 10mins before it boots... I don't ever know if a stable rom exists for this phone.. It"s just sick....
lol! Thanx for u timely reply. I was abt doin it tonight. Already downloaded the rom jx left with the gappfile
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Osita_inklord:
Thnx for ur piece of advice. Well may i knw how good that slimbean 4.2.2 is/was based on ur xperience with it? And what are ur discovered bugs with it?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Ositainklord(m): 1:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Wizyoung:
Thnx for ur piece of advice. Well may i knw how good that slimbean 4.2.2 is/was based on ur xperience with it? And what are ur discovered bugs with it?
Honestly, slim bean was delicious. Good for games, speed and battery. But it had this screen flashing at intervals problem and when headset is plugged, the phone starts overheating. Other than that, it's almost the best Rom for the phone. But for stability, get AOSP ICS. Its the only bug free ICS Rom on xda. Best daily driver.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Osita_inklord:
Honestly, slim bean was delicious. Good for games, speed and battery. But it had this screen flashing at intervals problem and when headset is plugged, the phone starts overheating. Other than that, it's almost the best Rom for the phone. But for stability, get AOSP ICS. Its the only bug free ICS Rom on xda. Best daily driver.
Thnx for the reply. You knw that getting anoda fone means xtra bucks. I've used tecno t3 and tecno m3 but what got me pissed off frm dos phones was the fact that no ota update and no compatible custom rom. That made me go for htcmyt4g. Since i got the phone, i've only able to install jx one custom rom which did nt suite me. I did a restore bk to the stock gingerbread which i'm tired of using. Nw i jx need one single rom to flash atleast to run BBM and other high classic apps. I believe that those android phones out there are jx there to always compel u to spend and over spend on them. They neva care abt ur pocket. U buy an htc, samsung, sony or whatever phone at an expensive tag only to realise dat u av a limited update and it's possible that u will be going for a newer phone soon since the one with u culd no longer receive ota update and one neva welcom the idea of custom rom
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Wizyoung:
Thnx for the reply. You knw that getting anoda fone means xtra bucks. I've used tecno t3 and tecno m3 but what got me pissed off frm dos phones was the fact that no ota update and no compatible custom rom. That made me go for htcmyt4g. Since i got the phone, i've only able to install jx one custom rom which did nt suite me. I did a restore bk to the stock gingerbread which i'm tired of using. Nw i jx need one single rom to flash atleast to run BBM and other high classic apps. I believe that those android phones out there are jx there to always compel u to spend and over spend on them. They neva care abt ur pocket. U buy an htc, samsung, sony or whatever phone at an expensive tag only to realise dat u av a limited update and it's possible that u will be going for a newer phone soon since the one with u culd no longer receive ota update and one neva welcom the idea of custom rom

There is one I flashed for a friend last week. It's a 4 .1.1 and the name is dark jelly bean. Very stable. It's based on Android open Lang project and already includes gapps.

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Bekas(m): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2014
U guys shuld jst flash viper rom and save urself the stress its stable and I've been usinq it since d first day i bought ma fone no error whatsoever... Weneva pple come tew me for custom roms i jst qiv them and they neva complained... Viper is the best rom out thr its andy 4 so u can even run BBM
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Viper is the leading custom for htc it has always been the best rom with sense 4.1.... Ivicast rom are morthan stock in performance
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
tomiwa20: u downgrade to 2.2.1 then root using visionary.............................................

How, please explain
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
tomiwa20: i only knw a bit about downgrading and rooting (am not a genius ), u can download d file from 4shared.com,the name is PG15IMG.ZIP (2.2.1), I don mine once tru dis step. then u need, visionary, root.rar,terminal emulator (for s-off) dats all.

Please post the steps,I need it
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Bekas: U guys shuld jst flash viper rom and save urself the stress its stable and I've been usinq it since d first day i bought ma fone no error whatsoever... Weneva pple come tew me for custom roms i jst qiv them and they neva complained... Viper is the best rom out thr its andy 4 so u can even run BBM

How do I use it?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
MAKE UNA TRY SABSA PRIME...BEST SENSE ROM FOR MT4G

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
jonsin:

How, please explain
Irrespective of whether u're on android 2.2 or 2.3. Simply google HTC QUICKROOT and download frm a link. Run it on ur windows pc( i used windows7 in my part bt vista shld work too or win8). Connect ur phone via usb cable. Remember to uncheck fastboot and check usb debugging mode. Follow the onscreen instruction and u're good to go rooting.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
I will post the guides for using htc quick root to root your htc phone. U kn check tonight because i av a flat battery.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wizyoung:
Irrespective of whether u're on android 2.2 or 2.3. Simply google HTC QUICKROOT and download frm a link. Run it on ur windows pc( i used windows7 in my part bt vista shld work too or win8). Connect ur phone via usb cable. Remember to uncheck fastboot and check usb debugging mode. Follow the onscreen instruction and u're good to go rooting.

How do I uncheck fast boot?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wizyoung: I will post the guides for using htc quick root to root your htc phone. U kn check tonight because i av a flat battery.

It'll be very much appreciated
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_glacier follow that link to root ur glacier. U can install 4ext recovery to install custom roms after u have rooted. Please follow guidelines strictly to avoid brick. If u need help. Add me on whatsapp from my signature
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
EMMAUGOH: Viper is the leading custom for htc it has always been the best rom with sense 4.1.... Ivicast rom are morthan stock in performance
Link to download the rom please
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Theres this rom am about to download.. Its 500mb hope it wont cause any harm

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
lilkudos:
Link to download the rom please

Viper rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1998412
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
indigold2010:

Tnx bro lemme download and test it grin
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
indigold2010:

Please which one should i download.. Cause I need 4.1.1 Stock rom...
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2014
But to me this is the best rom for this phone. I flash it at my store for all my customers with this device and still no complaints till now http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716558
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
lilkudos:
Please which one should i download.. Cause I need 4.1.1 Stock rom...

Then flash the one I just posted.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
indigold2010:

Then flash the one I just posted.
Aiit lemme flash it now wink
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
jonsin:

It'll be very much appreciated
Step 1: I downloaded my htcquickroot1.1.13 by google searching it. If i post download link, it may be broken. Now after downloading to ur computer, open it using winzip or winrar or any windows tool becos the app is a .zip file. Within the .zip file, u will find the following-
-ADB folder,
-Folder named 'tools'
-HTC Quick Root.exe
Click on the htcquickroot.exe .When it opens without u connecting ur phone it should tell you that no phone is found/connected.
Step2: Pick up your phone and goto settings>application>development>enable usb debugging. Also go to settings>power>turn off fast boot by unchecking the box.
Step 3: Connect ur phone via usb cable to ur pc and run the programme (i.e htc quickroot). It should nw have ur phone in the information box.
Step 4: U will find some options on the window. One has two choices *unsecure boot.img *universal exploit. Select universal exploit and click on root device. Wait for it to perform the rest. If done, ur phone will restart.
There u're rooted. Don't bother urself, the app will automatically instal superSU and busybox on ur phone. Voila! Enjoy root privilege.
If u've downloaded the htcquickroot and u're still confused, do nt hesitate to ask me questions. The method is the easiest and u don't run the risk of bricking ur phone.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
indigold2010:

I guess it's discontinued on the thread and nt even an active download link exist on that thread
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
indigold2010: But to me this is the best rom for this phone. I flash it at my store for all my customers with this device and still no complaints till now http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716558
Please which one should i download? I saw one with navigation button...and...one without navigation button on the thread(xda)
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung:
Please which one should i download? I saw one with navigation button...and...one without navigation button on the thread(xda)

Without

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC / TECNO Granted A Fan Request By Showing Love To An Orphanage Home On Valentine's / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.