Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Yoruba once dwell in Egypt - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba once dwell in Egypt (3503 Views)

Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures / Igbos Of Nigeria And Ancient Kemitians Of Kemet (Egypt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2013
Believe it, the Yoruba language is magnetic, it preserve close phonemes for all impactful original words it ever encounter.

It captures the negative aura of various places the Yoruba have been or had contact with. The language also secure their experience at such places. The word Egypt did occur in Yoruba in form of GBT, pronounced "jeebeety".

This is presented in the negative as should be expected when foreigners sojourn in a land that is not their homeland. strangers often pick wrong impression of the place other than their own judging from conventional or prevalent experience of their character. The Yoruba phrase in which "jibiti" occur is given as "[o lumi ni] Jibiti"]
http://yorubaclassics..com//
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
The only west africans that lived in egypt for sure were the fulani (some of them anyway along with some tuareg) and an ethnic group of senegal/sierra leone believed to be the first inhabitants of the sahara when it was tropical. I will post the name of this group later when I find it.

Second I read through your link and the egyptians never refered to themselves as egyptians. They called their land kmt or kemet.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Mynd44: 3:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Blog advert. I expect the thread to be locked soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2013
*Kails*:
The only west africans that lived in egypt for sure were the fulani (some of them anyway along with some tuareg) and an ethnic group of senegal/sierra leone believed to be the first inhabitants of the sahara when it was tropical. I will post the name of this group later when I find it.

Second I read through your link and the Egyptians never referred to themselves as Egyptians. They called their land kmt or kemet.

Then that implies that the name "Egypt" was often used by foreigners, neighbours especially. What do you think made the word "Egypt" current in the world lexicon? Perhaps the holy bible. Judging from your perspective, it still implies that the Yoruba were foreigners who had sojourn in that land and had picked their variant from the same source as the bible writers.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
prexios:

Then that implies that the name "Egypt" was often used by foreigners, neighbours especially. What do you think made the word "Egypt" current in the world lexicon? Perhaps the holy bible. Judging from your perspective, it still implies that the Yoruba were foreigners who had sojourn in that land and had picked their variant from the same source as the bible writers.

Lol listen I dont know what you are talking about.
But what I do know is the word egypt is the english version of the greek word "aeyptos" (or something like that lol) and the point is neither of thouse words are native to that region.

The ancient egyptians were cushitic speakers meaning,they belonged to the same language group as people NATIVE to the horn of africa,central eastern africa and north east africa.

So far the only west africans with RECENT migrations from the east are the tuareg and some sects of the fulani. Which means those people were literally the bridge between the two groups which is evident in their nomadic lifestyles as well as ancient egyptian depictions of those two groups in hieroglyphs.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Lol listen I dont know what you are talking about.
But what I do know is the word egypt is the english version of the greek word "aeyptos" (or something like that lol) and the point is neither of thouse words are native to that region.

The ancient egyptians were cushitic speakers meaning,they belonged to the same language group as people NATIVE to the horn of africa,central eastern africa and north east africa.

So far the only west africans with RECENT migrations from the east are the tuareg and some sects of the fulani. Which means those people were literally the bridge between the two groups which is evident in their nomadic lifestyles as well as ancient egyptian depictions of those two groups in hieroglyphs.

Maybe i know what you are talking about, i listens.

There is an old adage that says "apple don't fall far from its tree". the English rendition of the word Egypt may be from Greek "aeyptos", but that does not mean the English learn all they know about Egypt from the Greeks, they had contacts dating back to the crusaders and beyond. As such, they may have clearer variant of the root word for Egypt than the Greeks.

Then the Greek nasalization, lexicographic version or pronunciation is not a standard.
the world interact long ago along the cradle crescent of which Egypt was one of its earliest powers.

You may not need to base your conclusion on the idea that the word Egypt never exist because the natives called themselves kemet. If you agree it exist with the Greek, it does exist with some other people who are related to the Greeks in language or who have to learn about Egypt from the Greeks. That you may agree with or find out more about.

And we have just found a possible reference to "aeyptos" in form of GBT, which is closer to Egypt that is its English equivalent.

Maybe Yoruba language has similar attributes as English in some instances. The word "issue" and "isun" for instance sounds and means the same thing, 'me' and 'emi' as well. the examples are many for some languages. Whats your hypothesis on that? Maybe Yoruba parent language has close affinity with Celtic tongues of old.

If your argument is that Yoruba never know about Egypt, that can be understood. You have an angle, everyone has. But the winning argument is the one that is verifiable, not the one that is dogmatic. I am not presenting a dogma, i am telling you the possibilities confined in Yoruba language.

My witness in this piece is Egypt from English and GBT in Yoruba, then what informed my idea is Yoruba language itself where it says "omi leeyan" that is, "people are like waters," what that Yoruba proverb means is that people issue from one source and find their ways to strange places or remotest destinations.

As for the Tuareg and the Fulani, i am limited in resources as to their history, except where it interfere with the Yoruba and one has evidence to prove. i don't understand fulfude or tuareg, only Yoruba and Ogu, and English. My interest is in scientific or semantic nature of Yoruba language, it has a lot to teach the world.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by sexymoma(f): 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
The word Africa was derived from Yoruba Language too which is ' Ah free Nu'ika' grin
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
You have to check the root word of jibiti in order to analyze its meaning. However, sometimes this still doesnt yield much result.

I had the same enquiry about the word pataki which sounds strangely like the term portuguese.

Likewise, juba which was the name of a roman monarch from africa. In yoruba it means worship or the respect given a king.

Either these terms arose as a result of contact with europeans, or some of them are pre-european interaction.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

- that is all

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
sexymoma: The word Africa was derived from Yoruba Language too which is ' Ah free Nu'ika' grin

epic fail as you must rely on the fact that most nigerians dont have the money to stay in the enternet cafes and spend more money researching it or are gullible enough to buy it. Africa has its name in roman history.

the continent was named after a group of Tunisian berbers, the "Afri" or who lived near Carthage and traded with the Romans. And so behold, the Romans called it "Afri- terra" the land of the Afri, which became "Africa".

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
she was being sarcastic, and besides, i think she's AA.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2013
tpia@:
she was being sarcastic, and besides, i think she's AA.

She probably believes jesus is black and blacks are jews lmao
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Mynd44: 8:33am On Jul 13, 2013
somalia11:

She probably believes jesus is black and blacks are jews lmao
Not funny

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2013
sexymoma: The word Africa was derived from Yoruba Language too which is ' Ah free Nu'ika' grin

Well i agree that sometimes, its by accident that words from different source rhymes, but at other times, these are more than accidental.

this comes from yahoo answers as to the root of the word Africa, enjoy.

[/quote]

The name Africa came into Western use through the Romans, who used the name Africa terra — "land of the Afri" (plural, or "Afer" singular) — for the northern part of the continent, as the province of Africa with its capital Carthage, corresponding to modern-day Tunisia.

The Afri were a tribe — possibly Berber — who dwelt in North Africa in the Carthage area. The origin of Afer may be connected with Phoenician `afar, dust (also found in most other Semitic languages). Some other etymologies that have been postulated for the ancient name 'Africa' that are much more debatable include:

* the Latin word aprica, meaning "sunny";
* the Greek word aphrike, meaning "without cold". This was proposed by historian Leo Africanus (1488-1554), who suggested the Greek word phrike (φρίκη, meaning "cold and horror"wink, combined with the negating prefix "a-", thus indicating a land free of cold and horror. However, as the change of sound from ph to f in Greek is datable to about the 10th century, it is unlikely this is the origin.

[/quote]
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2013
tpia@:
You have to check the root word of jibiti in order to analyze its meaning. However, sometimes this still doesnt yield much result.

I had the same enquiry about the word pataki which sounds strangely like the term portuguese.

Likewise, juba which was the name of a roman monarch from Africa. In Yoruba it means worship or the respect given a king.

Either these terms arose as a result of contact with Europeans, or some of them are pre-european interaction.

I love that. When a 'suspicious word' does not give much result, it could mean it is a stable word from an external source, and that is where you have to depend on "transliteration". Remember, the Yoruba have an older alternative to "jibiti" which is "Eru".

Now try Yoruba version of Hebrew, you get 'eberu' [progeny of the trickster, or progeny of slaves] does this show some kind of historical familiarity? That's where you have a 'pusher-pointer', words that get you thinking.

The rule of the thumb that i often use to come to my conclusions in this respect is, correlations. I look for build-around words or correlations as collateral for my choices of meaning of a given suspicious word.

I don't know how Yoruba words easily fathom Hebrew perspectives presented in the scriptures if they were not having a parent language that may have absorb such concepts at some remote past.

tpia@:
You have to check the root word of jibiti in order to analyze its meaning. However, sometimes this still doesn't yield much result.

You never give up on analyzing the meaning of your pointers, you only need to look for a new one. A lot of these words will break some codes for you and you will be surprised, the word are like loaded dynamites serving you all useful purposes.

I started in 2000 with Olodumare, Osumare and Oduduwa, but today, my Yoruba lexicon is vast and that makes a difference. Just allow the semantic and lexicons to lead you.

Its not my imaginations at work when eberu - a word collected together by our forebears for hebrew,comes to mean e[this] b[begot] ru[slave, trickster]. It is allowing the logic of the language to lead.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Thats interesting.

It could still show european contact though, the question being at what stage exactly did the contact occur.

Semitic or atlantic.

The word jibiti has a similar prefix as juba which seems to be ju, or j. Assuming juba isnt a complete morpheme on its own.( wbb to edit). Both words seem to point to influences if not roots outside nigeria, specifically the sudanic side.

The same impression is given when you look at an alternative yoruba word for mountain- okuta or okiti. The ki seems to be mirrored around the part of africa closer to the middle east. This could imply a migration or influences from somewhere around that region.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
tpia@:
Thats interesting.

It could still show european contact though, the question being at what stage exactly did the contact occur.

Semitic or atlantic.

The word jibiti has a similar prefix as juba which seems to be ju, or j. Assuming juba isnt a complete morpheme on its own.( wbb to edit). Both words seem to point to influences if not roots outside nigeria, specifically the sudanic side.

The same impression is given when you look at an alternative yoruba word for mountain- okuta or okiti. The ki seems to be mirrored around the part of africa closer to the middle east. This could imply a migration or influences from somewhere around that region.

That's a great approach. But i am of the opinion that you can not split the word as you like, so hold to the complete morpheme. if you must split words to sylable, make judicious use of each.If you are interested in the word Juba for instance, you have to first unravel its Yoruba translation, which is Ju-ba, you don't rush the word Ju, but go for 'Iba' which is more in use for the same word juba. iba is reverence, it is also connected to Oba, which is Yoruba word for king.

Then return to "iju" (as you have added 'I' to the prefix Ba to make it stable, in form of Iba, do the same thing to the prefix to stabilize it.)what does iju connotes to the Yoruba? start looking for Yoruba words that has "Iju" attached to it, such as agan-ju, iju-ishaga, iju-rere, kinniun oloola-ju, etc.

You know that you can't easily fathom meaning to the word iju in Yoruba, except that it stands for "seniority" or "grassland." Yet it is a Yoruba word, then you have to resolve to transliteration. Your question will be "could it possibly be that the word 'ju' has something to do with Jew?" that is where the word itself points to, not you.

if you dont use your instincts sometimes to ascribe a place of origin, your quest will be forever learning and not coming to the full knowledge. inconclusive research that is.Your 'possibility trace' to this end will be to find out more about 'iju ishaga', could it be Yoruba version of "jew (judah) and Issachar?" (anything can happen!).

Then go back to historical character in your collection, that is 'Agan-ju.' who was this person and what do you stand to learn from what she stands for? Go to Agan, keep Jew or JU out of sight for sometime, enrich your native resource the more. Who was agan? Recall that agan has to do with Egungun in Yoruba? Egungun is memorial of Yoruba ancestors isn't it?

Now go back to common expressions, such as "Okun-le, Aganyin o we"(the sea is perturbed, Aganyin can not go to sea" look at the expression 'aganyin' with care, it means someone that is praised and criticized or condemn at the same time. agan is victim of criticism, egan is criticism, while iyin is praised. if you like, you can conclude that aganyin-people were part of the ancient Yoruba, of course you have your reason.

Meanwhile, agan has bearing in Jewish lexicon. could agan ju be a jewish character? questions expands your collections. it means quest on. By the way, have you heard from our friend lately? I'm missing dudu negro.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
^makes sense, especially the juba explanation, the rest is a bit confusing.

ju, or iju, can be throw [ie give] or reverence, its an act of giving reverence when used with 'iba'.

so what to look for here i suppose, is 'iba'.

i believe negro is on another thread or maybe watching the political landscape.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by DuduNegro: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
prexios:

That's a great approach. But i am of the opinion that you can not split the word as you like, so hold to the complete morpheme. if you must split words to sylable, make judicious use of each.If you are interested in the word Juba for instance, you have to first unravel its Yoruba translation, which is Ju-ba, you don't rush the word Ju, but go for 'Iba' which is more in use for the same word juba. iba is reverence, it is also connected to Oba, which is Yoruba word for king.

Then return to "iju" (as you have added 'I' to the prefix Ba to make it stable, in form of Iba, do the same thing to the prefix to stabilize it.)what does iju connotes to the Yoruba? start looking for Yoruba words that has "Iju" attached to it, such as agan-ju, iju-ishaga, iju-rere, kinniun oloola-ju, etc.

You know that you can't easily fathom meaning to the word iju in Yoruba, except that it stands for "seniority" or "grassland." Yet it is a Yoruba word, then you have to resolve to transliteration. Your question will be "could it possibly be that the word 'ju' has something to do with Jew?" that is where the word itself points to, not you.

if you dont use your instincts sometimes to ascribe a place of origin, your quest will be forever learning and not coming to the full knowledge. inconclusive research that is.Your 'possibility trace' to this end will be to find out more about 'iju ishaga', could it be Yoruba version of "jew (judah) and Issachar?" (anything can happen!).

Then go back to historical character in your collection, that is 'Agan-ju.' who was this person and what do you stand to learn from what she stands for? Go to Agan, keep Jew or JU out of sight for sometime, enrich your native resource the more. Who was agan? Recall that agan has to do with Egungun in Yoruba? Egungun is memorial of Yoruba ancestors isn't it?

Now go back to common expressions, such as "Okun-le, Aganyin o we"(the sea is perturbed, Aganyin can not go to sea" look at the expression 'aganyin' with care, it means someone that is praised and criticized or condemn at the same time. agan is victim of criticism, egan is criticism, while iyin is praised. if you like, you can conclude that aganyin-people were part of the ancient Yoruba, of course you have your reason.

Meanwhile, agan has bearing in Jewish lexicon. could agan ju be a jewish character? questions expands your collections. it means quest on. By the way, have you heard from our friend lately? I'm missing dudu negro.

lol, trust me Prexios, I'm here and I read you. I have nothing to say because you say everything I would have said and my addition would be redundant.

You are doing a very fine job and if I see an area that I can add something for emphasis or that I disagree with I will give my addition or submit my viewpoint.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

lol, trust me Prexios, I'm here and I read you. I have nothing to say because you say everything I would have said and my addition would be redundant.

You are doing a very fine job and if I see an area that I can add something for emphasis or that I disagree with I will give my addition or submit my viewpoint.

i am happy to have you back, dear brother, "enikan kii je awade." If we argue about a point, it shows we have good passion for the same thing but from different perspective. You always have a point, but I'm only struggling to not allow Canaan be more than Hebrew in our last discourse. the ancient Yoruba was indeed a coalition of Phoenicians with large percentage of Hebrew, we disagree on percentage, and other subtle subjects.

My reason is this, the Yoruba believe in 'equality', which is "ikannan" that rhymes with Canaan. the Yoruba will say, "Ibi o ju'bi, baase beru labomo" the Yoruba are pro-Canaan, that is, they do not believe some are more equal than other, then they were familiar with the Hebrew-Canaan animosity, but just as you have said, they have Jewish religion, that implies they were some Hebrews that dislike recrimination, and that is rebellion of a sort, then they will be unstable in their homeland.

You did not check this possibility or hypothesis because Ile Ife looms large on your mind, That's the problem, ife always distort creative inquest for most Yoruba historians, and that is why it pays me to be a rebel. Every yoruba have good perspective, they sacrifice it because they wanted to identify with Oyo or Ile ife, and we lose our history altogether. You are an expert, don't cower.

Well here is the bombshell i promised, the Yoruba land might be a penal colony for this kind of Hebrew-Canaan humanism, where people love people they were commanded to hate. Maybe Yoruba do not want to be killing others but want a country of their own where they can live peacefully with their neighbour. well it is just an hypothesis.

I later read your old threads and found out you have a good stake in the subject long enough, and you even start from the very perspective i am on. I don't know where you later deviated. that is why i said Yoruba history will be written and rewritten, we will always have to adjust.

Never mind that i blow out my response on my blog, i used that as chutzpah (shakara), because my point i have exhausted, and you are still this very adamant, so I have to threaten you somehow. my strategy worked because you rest your case or you allow me have my opinion. i don't know. Nice to have a good thread as ours always, its our age, a new age.

what have i learn from you?

You have creative grasp of abstracts, it can be very useful when other elements comes to play, because imagination is greater than knowledge. Centuries ago, the man who discovered the lost city of troy and inspire archeology just believed that the place that Homer describe in his "Iliad" was this very place he has found, event proved him right.

Some abstracts can harmonize on their own. You said Odu-ifa is ephod (ifa-Odu; ephod) well i look at it critically and you are somewhat accurate. But my perspective is "ifodu" that is, "ifo-Odu" meaning "interpreting the cast". ephod is ifa-odu or "ifodu". i took that from you.

You are missing a little not breaking the lumps to simple-subtle syllable, please incorporate that simple technique and your resource will increase exponentially. as for me i use the list of translation, transliteration(Hebrew, Egun etc), speculation (Hebrew), correlation (bible, Hebrew) and archaeology (Yoruba place-names) to ferret facts.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Banuso99: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
Good to see Prexios and Alagba D. Negro back together without threat or fight.We are one big family from the same ancestor,we may disagree with one another without resulting to insult and name calling.Am proud of you guys.You are truly mature.
I would like to sensitize your attention to central and south eastern Yoruba dialects in this quest of finding when and where Yoruba were before they got here because it has been proven that the groups are older settlers and the dialects more closer to the ancient kemet and hebrew.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
The homer reference is quite interesting.

I think i remember reading frobenius located some of the initial ife sculptures using that method.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by DuduNegro: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
prexios:

i am happy to have you back, dear brother, "enikan kii je awade." If we argue about a point, it shows we have good passion for the same thing but from different perspective. You always have a point, but I'm only struggling to not allow Canaan be more than Hebrew in our last discourse. the ancient Yoruba was indeed a coalition of Phoenicians with large percentage of Hebrew, we disagree on percentage, and other subtle subjects.

My reason is this, the Yoruba believe in 'equality', which is "ikannan" that rhymes with Canaan. the Yoruba will say, "Ibi o ju'bi, baase beru labomo" the Yoruba are pro-Canaan, that is, they do not believe some are more equal than other, then they were familiar with the Hebrew-Canaan animosity, but just as you have said, they have Jewish religion, that implies they were some Hebrews that dislike recrimination, and that is rebellion of a sort, then they will be unstable in their homeland.

You did not check this possibility or hypothesis because Ile Ife looms large on your mind, That's the problem, ife always distort creative inquest for most Yoruba historians, and that is why it pays me to be a rebel. Every yoruba have good perspective, they sacrifice it because they wanted to identify with Oyo or Ile ife, and we lose our history altogether. You are an expert, don't cower.

Again, as I have said many times, I advocate for SELF-EVIDENT TRUTHS, I don't push agenda of Canaan versus Hebrew here and I don't gain anything by anyone of them being more or less of the composing total. Where are you coming from on this Hebrew/Canaan animosity, can you please clarify?

Canaan or Kanaan is the name of the State, their civilization is called Phoenician. All Sovereigns and Sovereignties are derivative powers from their respective land or nativities. The State is the symbol of authority and dominion on a land. Therefore Canaan/Kanaan will be named for the power or authority over the land of the Phoenicians. This KANAAN is actually same as the Yoruba KINIUN or in English LION.

I do not dispute that IKANNAN rhymes with KANAAN and I do believe your point is accurate in that the people, the subjects of the dominion of KANAAN are called IKANNAN. When Yoruba say IKANNAN, we are giving meaning to demography or groups and sub groups.

The Children of Israel subsequently inherited the authority and the dominion of the land after they sacked the original Kanaans and came to institute The LION of JUDAH as their Sovereignty.

Well here is the bombshell i promised, the Yoruba land might be a penal colony for this kind of Hebrew-Canaan humanism, where people love people they were commanded to hate. Maybe Yoruba do not want to be killing others but want a country of their own where they can live peacefully with their neighbour. well it is just an hypothesis.

I believe the rise of a new world order acted as a catalyst for the forward march into sub-sahara. I will look later to see if I still have a sketch of one theory about the migrants and if I do I will post it. I can't sketch but I will try and describe it if the file isn't available.

I later read your old threads and found out you have a good stake in the subject long enough, and you even start from the very perspective i am on. I don't know where you later deviated. that is why i said Yoruba history will be written and rewritten, we will always have to adjust.

Never mind that i blow out my response on my blog, i used that as chutzpah (shakara), because my point i have exhausted, and you are still this very adamant, so I have to threaten you somehow. my strategy worked because you rest your case or you allow me have my opinion. i don't know. Nice to have a good thread as ours always, its our age, a new age.

what have i learn from you?

You have creative grasp of abstracts, it can be very useful when other elements comes to play, because imagination is greater than knowledge. Centuries ago, the man who discovered the lost city of troy and inspire archeology just believed that the place that Homer describe in his "Iliad" was this very place he has found, event proved him right.

Some abstracts can harmonize on their own. You said Odu-ifa is ephod (ifa-Odu; ephod) well i look at it critically and you are somewhat accurate. But my perspective is "ifodu" that is, "ifo-Odu" meaning "interpreting the cast". ephod is ifa-odu or "ifodu". i took that from you.

You are missing a little not breaking the lumps to simple-subtle syllable, please incorporate that simple technique and your resource will increase exponentially. as for me i use the list of translation, transliteration(Hebrew, Egun etc), speculation (Hebrew), correlation (bible, Hebrew) and archaeology (Yoruba place-names) to ferret facts.

Yoruba is not the only group of sub-Saharan Africans that migrated from Afro-Asia but Yoruba is the ONLY ONE with unique elements of its customs, culture, cults, language, beliefs and history all intact. For this reason, Yoruba history and arts is a vault from which knowledge about ancient Canaan and the Arabian Peninsula can be discovered. We need an academic field of study into YORUBA antiquity, the discoveries will astound the world.

On my method of interpretation, there is no way to truly probe the root of Yoruba and not visit its cults and secret knowledge. What I share on a subject is usually far less than the total available to me and this is because I avoid as much as possible written history and prefer to inspect the arts and get my knowledge directly from them and trust me, they tell a lot.

There is a word in Yoruba, "Aroko". What is Aroko? They are coded symbolic messages revealed through sacred performances in drum, dance, sculpture, poetry, etc. In addition to that we have Owe, Oriki, Ofo, Itan and so on... When you look at Oro Cult, Gelede Cult, Agemo Cult, Zangbeto Cult, Egungun Cult, Adimu Cult....these are institutions! So when you see a Gelede perform its dances it is of course entertaining but beneath the entertainment are sacred messages. The information I share here have to pass the sacred message test. I just posted yesterday or two days ago on the subject of cardinal numbers and I had to suppress tons of related information pertaining to their application in mundane living. While trying to be responsible and share and educate, one must also be tactful and not put on public forum items that have far reaching effects and consequences to oneself and or others.

Your take on ephod = ifo odu is correct. In Yoruba Ifo is a recital and Ofo is an invocation for the descent of deities. Ofo Odu might be more appropriate in reference to the following about the High Priest breastplate Ephod:

However, although at face value the words are plural, the context suggests they are pluralis intensivus - singular words which are pluralised to enhance their apparent majesty.[2] The singular forms - ur and tumm - have been connected by some early scholars with the Babylonian terms urtu and tamitu, meaning oracle and command, respectively.[2] Many scholars now believe that אוּרִים (Urim) simply derives from the Hebrew term אּרּרִים (Arrim), meaning curses, and thus that Urim and Thummim essentially means cursed or faultless, in reference to the deity's view of an accused.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by TonySpike: 6:55am On Jul 18, 2013
Please, can the mods help me to unhide any of the last two posts? I don't know why pyguru banned my posts and I have just been released. I put up some info on those posts.

In addition, the poster's assumption can only be correct, if the indeed the Yoruba forerunners had interactions with Greeks or early Europeans. The Greeks were the first to give Land of Misri/Mizraiym/Kemet the name Egypt (actually Aigyptos or Aegyptus). It's just one of the clues anyway.

Ijibiti = J-B-T
Egypt = G-P-T

The letters B and P are however pronounced separately in Yoruba language though, J and G are similar...
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpia5: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Odumchi again pretending not to see the thread.

What is it with seun and his criteria for appointing mods?

He has a heavy and obvious preference for the ones who are rabidly anti-yoruba.

Maybe they are feeding him?
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by PAPAAFRICA: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hogwash.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/944897/what-race-ancient-egyptians/1#16213901

could you give me any proof like its been presented on this thread
that the egyptians and yoruba were related?

i mean with pictures, facts, art forms, customs etc.

PAPA AFRICA: Hogwash.

grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Banuso99: Good to see Prexios and Alagba D. Negro back together without threat or fight.We are one big family from the same ancestor,we may disagree with one another without resulting to insult and name calling.Am proud of you guys.You are truly mature.
I would like to sensitize your attention to central and south eastern Yoruba dialects in this quest of finding when and where Yoruba were before they got here because it has been proven that the groups are older settlers and the dialects more closer to the ancient kemet and hebrew.

WHERE IS THE PROOF?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Kambarin, Koma And Jibu Tribes In Nigeria Who Don’t Wear Cloths. / Meet Kogi Twins Who Married One Wife / The 'sh' Sound In The Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.