Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Yoruba once dwell in Egypt - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba once dwell in Egypt (3502 Views)

Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Ancient Kemet (ancient Egypt) In Pictures / Igbos Of Nigeria And Ancient Kemitians Of Kemet (Egypt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
If your argument is that Yoruba never know about Egypt, that can be understood. You have an angle, everyone has. But the winning argument is the one that is verifiable, not the one that is dogmatic. I am not presenting a dogma, i am telling you the possibilities confined in Yoruba language.

no, i just want concrete evidence that's all. smiley
i am a huge fan of history and like to get my facts correct before i take them as truth.
i don't want to claim the yoruba once had relationships with egyptians only to be slayed grin grin
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
*Kails*:

no, i just want concrete evidence that's all. smiley
i am a huge fan of history and like to get my facts correct before i take them as truth.
i don't want to claim the yoruba once had relationships with egyptians only to be slayed grin grin

Lol Yoruba in Egypt lmao

I will never understand with obsession of blacks with Egypt

The rest of the world sees delusional people who never amounted to anything claiming people who would enslave them
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
somalia11:

its not for you to understand.

The rest of the world sees delusional people who never amounted to anything claiming people who would enslave them

why should we care what the rest of the world thinks?
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
*Kails*:

its not for you to understand.

why should we care what the rest of the world thinks?

Because facts typically are believed across racial and socio economic lines
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
somalia11:

Because facts typically are believed across racial and socio economic lines

if you say so.
again its not your problem because as you say you're not black.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
*Kails*:

if you say so.
again its not your problem because as you say you're not black.

Facts are facts doesn't matter what color you are
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Adamskuty(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
somalia11:

Lol Yoruba in Egypt lmao

m0ron abegy,make me hear word.

I will never understand with obsession of black horners with arabs

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Adamskuty(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
somalia11:

Facts are facts doesn't matter what color you are
black boy just get out,ok?? After all the first black slave was a horner from ethiopia... BILAL,IT WAS STATED IN THE QUR'AN,UR HOLY BOOK,HE WAS CALLED BLACK BY GOD AND HIS PROPHET grin
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adamskuty: m0ron abegy,make me hear word.

I will never understand with obsession of black horners with arabs

Horners are not black. And Horners are not obsessed stop bringing your slave point of view. Somalia allies with Arabs against Ethiopia since the days you were being shipped to America to pick cotton
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by somalia11: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adamskuty: black boy just get out,ok?? After all the first black slave was a horner from ethiopia... BILAL,IT WAS STATED IN THE QUR'AN,UR HOLY BOOK,HE WAS CALLED BLACK BY GOD AND HIS PROPHET grin

What does Ethiopian have to do with Somalis. And Ethiopians sold the black Bantus to Arabs, no one enslaved Ethiopians as they had a kingdom that Arabs ran to when they were unsafe in Arabia. It was Ethiopians selling the black slaves, even in 1930's Ethiopians still had Bantu slaves.

Bilal is not a habesha name
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Great development here.

Well, the fact that we say the blacks came from Egypt or that Yoruba came from Egypt has nothing to do with a longing quest to feel important or need borne out of someone's inferiority complex looking for (ancient) Egyptian collateral to historical relevance.

You do not have a pint of the dept of the wealth of Yoruba history if you do not have a grasp of the language. Looking outside is simply trying to see the source of the abundance that we have, not the abundance we lack.

How much did the white man pay to be a white man? how much did the black man pay to be a black man? So why is skin colour a collateral for history to anyone? the problem with race is borne out of inferiority or superiority complex, over what no one alive choose for themselves. what does it cost to be a white man or black?

If we put that aside, we might be able to appreciate history without sentiment that could heavily influence or create bias view of historical resource that language and other human or scientific evidence can provide us. the best is, a historical position is either true or false, it has nothing to do with races.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by AyoAyorinde: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
sexymoma: The word Africa was derived from Yoruba Language too which is ' Ah free Nu'ika' grin
better be joking!!!
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by tpiander: 6:48am On Aug 12, 2015
AyoAyorinde:

better be joking!!!

it was a joke.
Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by lawani: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2017
Today, the Yoruba language is being super imposed by English gradually. A while ago, Akoko was superimposed by Kemitic Egyptian of the Ptahhotep era and that is the Yoruba we speak today. When did that happen? I will say over 3000 years ago, maybe 4 because Yoruba dialects are said to be up to 2000 years apart while Igbo is 5000 years apart from Yoruba according to some paper I read. So let us just say the Egyptians came in large numbers enough to change our language. They must have formed 30 percent of total population. In thesame way Germanic peoples changed the language of the Celts of the British isles to English. Before the Egyptians our royal salutation was Saaaki same as what Nupes and Hausas use today. Then around 1500 years ago, a man from Mecca was made Olofin Aye in Ife as directed by the Ifa oracle. That is my own position, a bit different from the conclusion in the scholarly work below
http://obamaandpeace..com/2010/03/oduduwa-and-yoruba-revolution-in-world.html

1 Like

Re: Yoruba once dwell in Egypt by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 03, 2017
lawani:
Today, the Yoruba language is being super imposed by English gradually. A while ago, Akoko was superimposed by Kemitic Egyptian of the Ptahhotep era and that is the Yoruba we speak today. When did that happen? I will say over 3000 years ago, maybe 4 because Yoruba dialects are said to be up to 2000 years apart while Igbo is 5000 years apart from Yoruba according to some paper I read. So let us just say the Egyptians came in large numbers enough to change our language. They must have formed 30 percent of total population. In thesame way Germanic peoples changed the language of the Celts of the British isles to English. Before the Egyptians our royal salutation was Saaaki same as what Nupes and Hausas use today. Then around 1500 years ago, a man from Mecca was made Olofin Aye in Ife as directed by the Ifa oracle. That is my own position, a bit different from the conclusion in the scholarly work below
http://obamaandpeace..com/2010/03/oduduwa-and-yoruba-revolution-in-world.html

What now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 'sh' Sound In The Igbo Language / Meet Kogi Twins Who Married One Wife / 9 Extreme Body Modifications You Can Blame On Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.