Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Husband Is Always Running - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Always Running (29417 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Women sha, aren't we always quick to judge and condemn fellow women, its nothing new sha.

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: With the way efemena is attacking me, one would think I am her worst enemy. Anyway, this is nairaland.

I'm not attacking you. I don't know you from Adam, so why should I?

But your story get as e be. You sef suppose know. Just because I choose to support your husband and not you, based on the story you've posted doesn't mean I'm taking this personal. You shouldn't either.

When you choose to tell your story online, you should be open to receiving criticism, good or bad, not just accolades.

It's nothing personal.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: With the way efemena is attacking me, one would think I am her worst enemy. Anyway, this is nairaland.
Infact I will answer this even though I said my hand is painin me.
Iamsaved,she is not attacking u,rather she want u to face reality and WORK FOR ur marriage.u want pple to support u? No no no no,its not done that way.one that values u will tell u d truth as it is,its left for u to put ur act 2gda. No bad marriage is irredemable unless u don't wanna give it ur best short.swallow some shiiit and make it work. All of us here hv diff marriage issues, nobody is perfect but we do things for lv.if u know what that means, then,this is no case.ur hubby don't beat u or maltreat u except he is suffering from a psychological trauma which u r always triggering.work on it.
I wish u d best

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Iamsaved,she is not attacking u,rather she want u to face reality and WORK FOR ur marriage.u want pple to support u? No no no no,its not done that way.one that values u will tell u d truth as it is,its left for u to put ur act 2gda. No bad marriage is irredemable unless u don't wanna give it ur best short.swallow some shiiit and make it work. All of us here hv diff marriage issues, nobody is perfect but we do things for lv.if u know what that means, then,this is no case.ur hubby don't beat u or maltreat u except he is suffering from a psychological trauma which u r always triggering.work on it.
I wish u d best

Thank you jare.

I also asked her why she felt after just 4 years of marriage, she feels divorce is the best option. She should be smart enough to read between the lines and deduce that I'm indirectly asking her to grow some backbone and make it work. I don't have to spell it out.

Re the bolded..... grin grin grin grin grin

*** You will NOT kill me wiff laghter! ***

*** giggles uncontrollably... ***
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nna eh, madam Efe and yellowpawpaw, please did the OP tell you something else that she didn't put down on this thread to make you believe the fault is all hers?

Seriously,reading your comments just makes one believe you know more about the story than the rest of us here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2013

op, I think you should answer some of Efe's questions. I don't totally agree that you're the bad one here as you said he ran away from his mother too but she asked some pretty important questions. e.g. Didn't you know about that part of him while dating? Are you a lil on the bad-mouthed kind of person side? I am not blaming you but this story is just toooooooooooo funny to swallow. Do you have any idea where he goes during those days when he runs away? When he finally comes back, does he feel remorse or he makes it look like i'll still do it all over again if I have to?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by iamsaved(f): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Let me throw more light on the situation so you guys will feel me.

My hubby is the fine type that believes he is too handsome and that girls will always rush him and he can get married to a thousand and one girls if he chooses to so cos of this, he does not see d need to work on our marriage.

Maybe my choice of word in my opening post is wrong, when I said mild to heavy arguments, what I mearnt is ur normal marriage issues. OK let me give you an example: when we reconciled, my baby was a little over a year toddler whom be never saw even after I gave birth. After the reconciliation and his family visit, of course we starter living together again. I secured a job and had to be droppin my baby off in a daycare centre. One day I was busy in the kitchen and Nepa suddenly brought back the light which was off for some days so I quickly brought out just 3of our son's short leave shirt and pleaded with him to iron them before they take the light again. Well he bluntly refused, said how can he iron a little child's shirt, thy the child should be the one ironing his clothes! that I want to turn him to a laundry boy! na me de wash the clothes ooooooo. He proceeded to switch on the TV and watch a movie. Of course I jadvto squeeze out little time from the kitchen to iron the shirts myself and that is how it has been. He sees it as a taboo to wash our son's clothes even to assist me take care of him (bathing only)in the morning during work rush, he doesn't.

This is what I mearnt by argument in my opening post. He has always acted like this and when I get angry (abeg who wouldn't?), he would start threatening to leave the house and I would start begging him not to.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hmm OP, you sure say this your husband normal at all?

Did you date him abi was it one of those marriages that was match made?

I

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: Let me throw more light on the situation so you guys will feel me.

My hubby is the fine type that believes he is too handsome and that girls will always rush him and he can get married to a thousand and one girls if he chooses to so cos of this, he does not see d need to work on our marriage.

Maybe my choice of word in my opening post is wrong, when I said mild to heavy arguments, what I mearnt is ur normal marriage issues. OK let me give you an example: when we reconciled, my baby was a little over a year toddler whom be never saw even after I gave birth. After the reconciliation and his family visit, of course we starter living together again. I secured a job and had to be droppin my baby off in a daycare centre. One day I was busy in the kitchen and Nepa suddenly brought back the light which was off for some days so I quickly brought out just 3of our son's short leave shirt and pleaded with him to iron them before they take the light again. Well he bluntly refused, said how can he iron a little child's shirt, thy the child should be the one ironing his clothes! that I want to turn him to a laundry boy! na me de wash the clothes ooooooo. He proceeded to switch on the TV and watch a movie. Of course I jadvto squeeze out little time from the kitchen to iron the shirts myself and that is how it has been. He sees it as a taboo to wash our son's clothes even to assist me take care of him (bathing only)in the morning during work rush, he doesn't.

This is what I mearnt by argument in my opening post. He has always acted like this and when I get angry (abeg who wouldn't?), he would start threatening to leave the house and I would start begging him not to.

Finish the story. How far does this anger of yours go? And why do you keep avoiding my questions?

Did you date this man before marrying him? If not, why not?

What sort of things do you say to him when arguing? A number of posters asked you this earlier but you keep dodging the questions. Why?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by iamsaved(f): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Efe, where did I mention that i want to divorce my hubby? Anyway I am already used to you twisting peoples post into your own version to suit yourself so let me just ignore you. I just don't want this thread and its topic derailed sha.
This is a serious issue to me and as much as I appreciate your input, please don't assume anything for me OK.

***no, he only mentioned about his growing up incidence after marriage.

*** we dated briefly but it was a distance relationship.

***women may be involved but I know one thing for sure, he once said that he deliberately causes problem for us so that he will have the opportunity to do what he likes. Yes, he said it.

The thing I want from nairaland is tips on how i can start preparing myself financially in case it happens again. I work and earn #45k. How much should I start saving monthly, how do i protect myself and my kids future? are my really in a marriage?

I have zero ed my mind that if it happens again, it will be the final straw.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by iamsaved(f): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abeg I wan sleep I go answer the remaining kweshions tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by baby124: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: @Efe, where did I mention that i want to divorce my hubby? Anyway I am already used to you twisting peoples post into your own version to suit yourself so let me just ignore you. I just don't want this thread and its topic derailed sha.
This is a serious issue to me and as much as I appreciate your input, please don't assume anything for me OK.

***women may be involved but I know one thing for sure, he once said that he deliberately causes problem for us so that he will have the opportunity to do what he likes. Yes, he said it.

The thing I want from nairaland is tips on how i can start preparing myself financially in case it happens again. I work and earn #45k. How much should I start saving monthly, how do i protect myself and my kids future? are my really in a marriage?

She asked you important questions. You are on the defensive madam. We are trying to understand what is going on. Though you gave examples, which threw more light. But you should try to answer all the questions. In every fight, there is an instigator and a reactor (abeg all you science people just leave my english). IMO your husband has someone else. Were you thoroughly married? Or you got pregnant and moved in.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved:

Lesson to we single ladies:

The above is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

op, i'm short of words!

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: @Efe, where did I mention that i want to divorce my hubby? Anyway I am already used to you twisting peoples post into your own version to suit yourself so let me just ignore you. I just don't want this thread and its topic derailed sha.

iamsaved: I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.

You claim you don't want to divorce your husband, but the highlighted bits of your post indicate otherwise. Care to explain what you really mean here?

~ Questioning if you're really in a marriage. If it's not a marriage, then pray, tell us what it is?
~ Final straw
~ Intending to walk out finally

These are your words, not mine, so what's twisted?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You claim you don't want to divorce your husband, but the highlighted bits of your post indicate otherwise. Care to explain what you really mean here?

~ Questioning if you're really in a marriage. If it's not a marriage, then pray, tell us what it is?
~ Final straw
~ Intending to walk out finally

These are your words, not mine, so what's twisted?

Look more to me like one of those marriage (Stay together) cos of the kids . . . And we always forgetting that the kids will be grown and gone and if care is not taken, that which we are afraid of will happen, so we need to find a way to stay together cos we wanna be together and not cos of kids.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 1:51am On Jul 11, 2013
freecocoa: Women sha, aren't we always quick to judge and condemn fellow women, its nothing new sha.

Quite unfortunate
Even the wicked widowhood practices we moan about,who are the harshest enforcers ?
Fellow women

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 1:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Finish the story. How far does this anger of yours go? And why do you keep avoiding my questions?

Did you date this man before marrying him? If not, why not?

What sort of things do you say to him when arguing? A number of posters asked you this earlier but you keep dodging the questions. Why?

Enough of this please
What is wrong with you?
If you can't help the woman don't put a dagger through her chest
Haba!!

Babyosisi

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 1:54am On Jul 11, 2013
baby_123:

She asked you important questions. You are on the defensive madam. We are trying to understand what is going on. Though you gave examples, which threw more light. But you should try to answer all the questions. In every fight, there is an instigator and a reactor (abeg all you science people just leave my english). IMO your husband has someone else. Were you thoroughly married? Or you got pregnant and moved in.

There were no important questions there at all
All you want to hear is a line to cash in on
How unfortunate.

18 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Dantedasz(m): 2:04am On Jul 11, 2013
And the plot thickens as the thread moves along.
1.It was a short courtship and a long distance relationship.
2.Mr hubby once ran away from his family home because he was asked to sweep a room and cut grass.
3.Mr Hubby considers himself Gods gift to women and has a conceited opinion of his handsome features.
4.My Hubby comes from a polygamous home of 7 wives and uncountable children.
Mr Hubby is a callous man who refuses to help his wife to do minor chores around the house such as ironing his babys clothes,but rather chooses to abandon his wife and kid at the slightest whim and take off on his nomadic flights.
@OP,i am enjoying the movie,but could you please add your mother in law to the fray. It would spice things up a little because it seems the plot is getting a wee bit cold.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 2:13am On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved: Let me throw more light on the situation so you guys will feel me.

You don't need any more explanations dear,the people you are explaining things to have no interest in your well being,you can tell by their responses to you.Your very first post here painted a gruesome picture.
How many men walk out on a marriage 2 weeks into it and return 4 months later
None that I know of
A man,I believe debosky wrote earlier that it is not normal,believe him,it isn't.ask anyone you know it is a strange behavior.
Then again you tell us he never even saw his own baby for months
What type of a man is that?
After a mere argument?
Refusing to wash dishes or iron a child's shirt is no big deal IMHO but running away for weeks after an argument emanating from that is a huge deal
Many married women here or anyone in a relationship know that couples disagree from time to time and if you discuss with friends you will find out that the most the decent men do when the woman won't shut up is to grab their car keys and drive off till she cools down and they cool down or go into their study and lock themselves in Or go to a bar and hang out with the boys
They don't run off for months to an unknown destination.
And if you were a violent person,he wouldn't come back if he was scared and wouldn't leave a deadly woman with an infant child if he is normal.

Prepare your mind,this marriage may not last no matter how much you want it to
You cannot be in a marriage by yourself
If your partner is not willing to be married and this one has shown you time and again,he isn't ,there is nothing you can do,frankly speaking.He doesn't want the responsibility of marriage. And he couldn't have said it any louder.

Don't allow anybody guilt you into anything and twist this to put you on the defensive
And please for heavens sake stop begging this loser when he wants to leave,it makes him feel powerful
And he has you where he wants you to be,begging for him to stay and fighting to keep him
Don't fall for it,how long will you live your life that way? On your knees for a man who doesn't care about you,your child and your unborn child
The duty of a husband is to protect their territory , animals in the wild know that fact but that husband of yours has no clue and feels no qualms leaving a young wife and a baby alone in a house by themselves because he doesn't know what it is to be a man
Next time he decides to leave,look Him in the face and call him by name and say "look,if you walk out on this marriage again this time rather than sit and talk about the issues in it,please stay out and don't return."
he needs to hear you sound firm and strong and you must mean it,let him leave,He is useless to you.

If you have parents and siblings ,get together with them and tell them what you are facing.His people will do you no good,you already told us he ran away fom his own mother for 5 years rather than do chores so they already know the sort of son they have and may be actually surprised that he has a wife.
You picked a loser
You can't change him
Allow him to walk
Thank God you have a job
If you are a Christian,the Bible says you are free to re marry when a spouse walks out on you
I pray you find someone who will truly love you and cherish you for you.
This eediot Sperrm donor is not the one
Cut your losses now while you are still young.

36 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 2:29am On Jul 11, 2013
iamsaved:

You hit the nail right on the head! Polygamous home of 30children with 7wives. One thing that bothers me is how he is always blaming his parents for his nature of life.

That was my first hunch on reading your story that was why I asked
He was "raised" by an irresponsible man who ran from house to house while holding unto his blokoss,that is his image of a man and a father,he was damaged from childhood .

Lesson to the unmarried
This issue has come up again and again learn from it
please date your man and court him with your eyes open before walking down the aisle
Many of these deranged men can be weeded out at courtship
If he will scram in marriage ,he will also scram during courtship and you run for dear life
Keep away from long distance arrangee
That is why people are marrying spitting cobras and dirty pigs and Mike Tyson boxers then come out on NL and start threads
Some have ended up 6 feet under ,some cut into peppersoup pieces
Learn from the mistakes of others
No man is perfect,no woman is but the obvious psychia cases will surely be evident by a simple 3-6 month close range courtship period

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by dayokanu(m): 3:20am On Jul 11, 2013
What are you doing to chase him away?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Your seem to forget the part where he left his parents home for years over cleaning/chores. I think he has trouble expressing his sentiments and is even afraid to even c confront them in his own heart. By the sound of it something must've traumatized him in the past for his behavior to be that extreme. Sounds like as the wife prayer patience and creating an environment where he can begin to trust you and himself to open up and let go of these past issues. It's not at all healthy and the kids will most definitively need him to be stable.

Efemena_xy:

Well then, if she knows that her arguments alone, are enough to drive her man out of his matrimonial home for weeks or months on end, isn't that enough reason for her to curb that distasteful attitude? So why does she still do it? Hasn't she learnt her lesson(s) yet?

She must be one hell of an argumentative person to elicit such an extreme reaction from her man.

There are several ways to capture a rat (poor analogy, I know)...so also there are several other ways to communicate your displeasure to someone, especially your spouse. She needs to check herself.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by nikkyshyne(f): 4:09am On Jul 11, 2013
And that is what I call a sisterly advice to a fellow sister. Well done Sheniqua-babyosisi.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by biolabee(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2013
Bros u funny die

Lol at fulani nomad

Dantedasz: Another husband bashing thread.
Don't you people get tired of your crappy lies and fake stories?
For chrissakes is your husband a Fulani nomad who roams away from the house to herd his cattle for months before returning to the house and you?
So many freaking lying threads on this forum.
1.My husband spits on me whenever we have an arguement-Is he a snake?
2. My husband beats me up all the time.-Is he a wrestler or a kick boxer?
3. My husband slept with my maid and kicked me out of the house.-Doesn't he have any class? Yet you married him.
4.My husband is impotent.-Yet you married him.
We are sick and tired of these immature,childish Mills and boom threads,if you are job less,stop opening silly threads and get yourself a freaking job. Jeeeezzz!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 11, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
I wish u d best

How should she work on a marriage where the man is missing.? Swallow some shit? This is not just some shit it is major. What exactly should she do?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2013
sheniqua:

That was my first hunch on reading your story that was why I asked
He was "raised" by an irresponsible man who ran from house to house while holding unto his blokoss,that is his image of a man and a father,he was damaged from childhood .

Lesson to the unmarried
This issue has come up again and again learn from it
please date your man and court him with your eyes open before walking down the aisle
Many of these deranged men can be weeded out at courtship
If he will scram in marriage ,he will also scram during courtship and you run for dear life
Keep away from long distance arrangee
That is why people are marrying spitting cobras and dirty pigs and Mike Tyson boxers then come out on NL and start threads
Some have ended up 6 feet under ,some cut into peppersoup pieces
Learn from the mistakes of others
No man is perfect,no woman is but the obvious psychia cases will surely be evident by a simple 3-6 month close range courtship period

Yes too much damage here but what can she do to help her husband and save her marriage.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by obyrich(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2013
No time for too much talk. If he runs away again, just take his picture to AIT and declare him missing. Chikena.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2013
andromida:

How should she work on a marriage where the man is missing.? Swallow some shit? This is not just some shit it is major. What exactly should she do?
Anything I said to her was based on her first post.she also admitd she didn't didn't phrase it well hence d reply she got initially.two things caught my attention
1.She is doin it for the kid(s)
2.She would hv walked away
Unless I didn't c well,
Her husband has a pyscological issue.period.whether he is runnin into d hands of another woman or feeling too big to iron baby clothes.like I said,no bad marriage is irredemable.thank God its not abuse. So madam,walkin away is not d ultimate.work on ur marriage.its a trauma.
Visit and sit down with d mum, sis and c whether u can extract useful info from them.
Marriage makes u swallow some shiit which ordinarily u wouldn't.
And assuming she works on it with all her heart,wouldn't it be better off for d rest of them in d end?
But it seems u hv already made up ur mind to go.either way,goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2013
andromida:

Yes too much damage here but what can she do to help her husband and save her marriage.
U asked d most important kweshion. Does she want to work on it?
Iamsaved,do u want to work on ur marriage? Do u hope for a better man so pple will know how to connect to u.u can never tell u will get a good advice that will give u an idea of what to do
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by biolabee(m): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2013
So the op has a low paying job and is dependent on the husband mostly

He despises household chores

The advice you have been given are good

Talk to your parents
Appeal to your hubby
Continue sorting yourself financially
Focus on that pregnancy and don't aggravate the man anymore

May God help you
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by obyrich(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Now that highlighted bit goes to show two things: Either the story is fake, OR, she was desperate to become a Mrs...by-fire-by-force.
The guy is tall, rich and handsome!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? / Women In STEM / Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.