Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands (4111 Views)

My Fake Samsung Galaxy S3 (N20k) / Fake Samsung S4 Be Carefull Of Wat U Buy / Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands by Emmagency20: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
For some time now, China phones have hit the market and have made a name(Not too good a name though). Why? These so-called China phone have a general motive: A little lower specs for MUCH lower prices and this is generally a good thing until they started fooling people.
A little while ago, I owned a Samsung Galaxy Note 1(The Chinese Version). Now, if you're not really conversant with the note, I bet you, you'd have thought it was the real thing. But a few things gave it away as a fake which I am going to share below.

THE HARDWARE
Talking about the hardware, the most obvious give-away is the bezel-width. For those of you that don't know what a bezel is, a bezel is the space between the screen and the edge of the device. For original Samsung products(The galaxy series in particular), the bezel width is very small. While in their chinese versions it looks like the screen was dropped on the phone with a LOT of space left over.
I would have shown the whole thing here but I got a character limit on my device.(Sorry about that). For visual evidences and more ways to identify these fakes please visit: Planet Nerd. Cheers!
You could also share the posts so yur friends could see it. Got any questions? feel free to drop a comment

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands by samsard(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
A lot of people have fallen for it and more keep falling. I wonder what makes anyone think a five incher fone should be less than 30K. Almost fell once, but i did'nt have the money. Now am tsmileysmiley wise for that
Re: How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands by Emmagency20: 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yea man. As a said in the post, I owned one until I got mugged(well, that's another story). But most Chinese brands are genuine - Tecno for example is a chinese brand but they dont give us crap. They try their best to give us the best(no pun intended) while keeping the price as low as possible. But the OEMs(Original Electronic Manufacturers) like Samsung are not helping matters by making phone prices sky-high! Apple is even worse: they make at least 100% profit i.e they sell for double the price of production or more! Aint that just wicked! Well - wetin man pikin go do na? Buh we just gotta keep our eyes open to avoid being cheated except if you know what you're getting yourself into i.e you know you're buying a Chinese phone and still doing so intenetionally! Got three words for people like that: Good luck man!
Re: How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands by Emmagency20: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
For those of you who viewes my blog and it started re-directing, my deepest apologies(had a problem with my template. I have fixed it now though). One again am very sorry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Glo Payu 1 Terabytes (photo) / SA Working On Social Forums To Rival Nairaland, Following Facebook Outage (PIX) / Verizon Blackberry Problems Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.