Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64578 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mj(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2013

For some time now, Tecno Android smartphones have been posing a great threat to Samsung’s dominance in the Nigerian smartphone market. And the newly released Tecno Phantom Pad N9 tablet (the first tablet by Tecno) seems to be doing just the same to Samsung tablets, as many consumers are now getting stuck between both products.

Since the release of the Tecno Phantom Pad N9 few weeks back, we’ve been getting questions from consumers as to which is better between Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) and the newly released tablet by Tecno. And if the large number of customers who asked this same question is anything to go by, then Tecno’s tablet will soon become a hotcake in the tablet market, just like the Android smartphones Tecno released before now (N3, P3, N7, F7, etc.)

In response to the demand by many of our customers, we hereby compare and contrast between Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 2 and Tecno’s new tablet, the Phantom Pad N9.

Both devices are superb and are packed with features anyone would expect to find in a high quality Android tablet — although, the Galaxy Tab 2 has been around and well known among tech-savvy Nigerians for some time now.

Now, let’s see how both products fare against each other:

General

Both devices run on Google’s Android operating system. While the Galaxy tab runs on Android 4.0.3 (ICS – upgradeable to 4.1.1), the Phantom Pad N9 runs on the latest version of Android, 4.2.2.

Also, both devices have a SIM card slot and both support 2G and 3G networks. So, both will give users a great web surfing experience. Plus, you can use both devices to make phone calls.

Body and design

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 measures 193.7 x 122.4 x 10.5mm, while the Tecno Phantom Pad N9 is slightly larger, measuring 204 x 154 x 9.9mm. Though larger, the Phantom pad is slimmer than the Galaxy Tab 2.

Both products are available in black and white colors.

Display

The Phantom Pad has a HD 8-inch (768 x 1024 pixels) display, which is slightly larger than the Galaxy Tab’s 7-inch (600 x 1024 pixels) display. Each device has an LCD capacitive touch screen.

Connectivity

Both devices have GPRS, EDGE, Bluetooth, A-GPS, and micro USB connectivity options. In addition, both devices have WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, and dual band features.

Processor and memory

The Galaxy Tab is packed with a 1GHz dual core processor and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. But the Phantom Pad N9 boasts of a stronger 1GHz quad core processor.

While the Galaxy comes in variants with internal storage capacity of 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB, the Phantom Pad comes is available in only one variant, which is packed with 16GB or internal memory. You can expand the memory capacity of both devices using using a micro SD.

Both devices have 1GB of RAM.

Camera

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has a 3.15MP rear camera plus a VGA front-facing camera, while the Tecno Phantom pad has a 5.0MP rear camera and a 2.0MP front-facing camera. Both devices are great for shooting pictures and videos.

Battery

The Tecno Phantom seems to be the winner here also, as it is packed with a 4500 mAh battery, which slightly trumps the 4000 mAh that comes with the Galaxy Tab.

Price

The Galaxy tab presently costs N53,000 while the new Tecno Phantom pad costs N36,ooo (Parktel Online Store Price).

Who wins?

After comparing the important features of both phones, we think Tecno’s Phantom Pad wins in most aspects. However, because the product is still very new, we cannot vouch for its durability. But if we look at how their Android smartphones are faring in that regard, one can predict that the Tecno tablet will stand the test of prolonged use.

However, if you’re still finding it hard to subscribe to Tecno products because of their first generation mobile phones, you can satisfy yourself by going for the Galaxy Tab.

http:///blog/tecno-phantom-pad-n9-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-which-is-better/

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nice one, am gonna get this one... I just hope Samsung brainwashed Nigerians will see the truth and say it just once

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=mj][/quote]guy wetin be d chipset of tecno processor?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
Godvilla: They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?
true talk
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by samsard(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
This time around am voting for the tecno tablet device. The difference is clear
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
If this is a professional review, it's far from impressive. Too obscure. If you're wondering I'm not on any side yet.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Francheezy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
hmmm

y must tecno always b compared with samsung wen deir r oda chinese tabs out dere

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by mrdrizzy(m): 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
Dnt u have beta things do rather dan laying comparison on s same companies..nwao wetin samsung do ina Why cnt u compare it to others mtscheew

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
inferiority complex. for once compare it with nexus 10 or ipad 3.:-D
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by lexrichy(m): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2013
Imagine comparing techno with Samsung,they never saw this coming
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by samsard(m): 1:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Francheezy: hmmm

y must tecno always b compared with samsung wen deir r oda chinese tabs out dere
Simple answer is that it is the "most popular" chinese fone brand in Nigeria. Did you realy need me to tell you that??

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Francheezy(m): 2:46am On Jul 11, 2013
samsard: Simple answer is that it is the "most popular" chinese fone brand in Nigeria. Did you realy need me to tell you that??
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2013
For price points I can see the Tecno pad really pulling the market. I am tempted to get it.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2013
Most droid tablets in the market are not top quality. This is no exception. I wonder whatever happened to the nexus 10. Seems only Google knows how to make cheap quality devices available
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: Most droid tablets in the market are not top quality. This is no exception. I wonder whatever happened to the nexus 10. Seems only Google knows how to make cheap quality devices available

Are you talking about chinko tabs or tabs in general? I think the quality of the Chinese offerings has been upped recently mostly in the area of screen quality.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Wandeayo(m): 6:31am On Jul 11, 2013
lol, i thought u wanna compare it with tab 2, why do u change it to tab 7.0? ;Dlol, i thought u wanna compare it with tab 2, why do u change it to tab 7.0?

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2013
hungry marketers/computer village hustlas. smh

unknown and unproven chipset.
unknown gpu. does it even have one?

the above deliberately ommitted for obvious reasons.

since when did tecno batteries become top quality? merely citing mythical capacity does not suffice for a battery u know

the screen. lmfao.
even well known oems use crappy lcd panels. poor colors. very limited viewing angles. poor digitizers.

there is a reason why devices are cheaper. its ALWAYS because they skimped on parts and build quality.

and thats not even taking into consideration build materials, packaging etc or has tecno started using gorilla glass? polycarbonate cheesy abi whats the point if my tablet is going to be a scratched up mess in 3 months

there is a reason why china phones have zero resale value. and are apparently only popular in nigeria and poor backward african nations

[size=18pt]
u see its your money. feel free to spend it howsoever u want. but u dont really need to be making this type of comparisons.[/size]

samsung and tecno dont aim for the same market.
bmw and hyundai dont aim for the same market
this is the equivalent of hyundai telling us bmw has 4 tyres and their car also has 4 tyres and so giving bmw a run for cheaper price point.

just because your intended customers dont really know their left from their right and see products solely from believing whatever BS you tell them does not mean you are the man.
who is fooling who.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO PUT DOWN TECNO OR WHATEVER NEW FLAVOUR U GOT. afterall i see people who buy 5k china fones in this day and age......... just stop inviting unwarranted criticism because u trying to market some china shit.

and for the record, all these hungry man moves are amusing

26 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2013
4llerbuntu: hungry marketers.

computer village hustlas. smh

unknown and unproven chipset.

unknown gpu. does it even have one?

the above deliberately ommitted for obvious reasons.

since when did tecno batteries become top quality? merely citing mythical capacity does not suffice for a battery u know

the screen. lmfao.
even well known oems use crappy lcd panels. poor colors. very limited viewing angles. poor digitizers.

there is a reason why devices are cheaper. its ALWAYS because they skimped on parts and build quality.

and thats not even taking into consideration build materials, packaging etc or has tecno started using gorilla glass? polycarbonate cheesy
abi whats the point if my tablet is going to be a scratched up mess in 3 months

there is a reason why china phones have zero resale value. and are apparently only popular in nigeria and poor backward african nations

u see its your money. feel free to spend it howsoever u want. but u dont really need to be making this type of comparisons.

samsung and tecno dont aim for the same market.
bmw and hyundai dont aim for the same market.

just because your intended customers dont really know their left from their right and see products solely from believing whatever BS you tell them does not mean you are the man.

this is the equivalent of hyundai telling us bmw has 4 tyres and their car also has 4 tyres and so giving bmw a run for cheaper price point.

who is fooling who.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO PUT DOWN TECNO OR WHATEVER NEW FLAVOUR U GOT. afterall i see people who buy 5k china fones in this day and age.........

just stop inviting unwarranted criticism because u trying to market some china shit.

and for the record, all these hungry man moves are amusing

Unknown chip??
Unknown OR don't have gpu??

I sorry for My brethren

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 11, 2013
ibietela2:

Unknown chip??
Unknown OR don't have gpu??

I sorry for My brethren
hahaha I always laugh my ass out any time I see the Dude ranting when it comes to tecno devices, an average user doesn't care about the chipset, it's quad core Dude and I'm preety sure it'll beat the galaxy tab in benchmark score
The n9 wins (price and performance )

#teamTecno cheesy cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2013
YAAAY!!

so much for analytical reasoning smiley smiley

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2013
4llerbuntu: YAAAY!!

so much for analytical reasoning smiley smiley

lol. guy you are killing me with laughter

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Are you talking about chinko tabs or tabs in general? I think the quality of the Chinese offerings has been upped recently mostly in the area of screen quality.
none have come close to the nexus 10 by samsung

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2013
Brainrex:
hahaha I always laugh my ass out any time I see the Dude ranting when it comes to tecno devices, an average user doesn't care about the chipset, it's quad core Dude and I'm preety sure it'll beat the galaxy tab in benchmark score

#teamTecno cheesy cheesy

oh really?

then I don't see why Samsung should keep telling us about the Exynos
HTC giving us info on Krait processors
and that goes for Mediatek, Nvidia, intel atom and the rest

I mean I only wanna see quad-core and just jump into it, right? undecided

Besides, comparing a 1yr tab to techno seems unbalanced. Don't ya? I wonder why he skipped note 8.0, nexus 7or ideatab undecided

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2013
Brainrex:

#teamTecno cheesy cheesy
the 2 versions of the s4 have proven that more cores does not translate to better real life performance. A proven chipset will remain the alpha
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 3ace(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2013
I held the F7 yesterday and I wasn't too impressed with the looks of the interface. Other well known brands don't rely on the Google platform alone, they add their own tweaks to the operating system to give users a more enjoyable experience. You won't notice this if Tecno is your first android but I could easily detect this having used Sony android for a long time. To most Tecno fans, this might not justify the price difference but for me, it does. I can still spare additional N10 to N15k to get my taste at N50k. Anything above that is a no for me as I also don't like breaking the bank for a phone. No doubt, Tecno is doing fine but they can still improve. Someone asked a vital question that if they are being sold for same price, which one would I go for? I say Sammy.

17 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: the 2 versions of the s4 have proven that more cores does not translate to better real life performance. A proven chipset will remain the alpha

you are speaking Mandarin to them. since they don't care about chipset but love what the phone can do but don't realise that it's the chipset that determines the capabilities of the phone, you will be wasting your time. telling them that samsung has a new tablet with an i5 processor will be too high for them.

bros Brainrex, i commend you for your works in rom tweaking. kudos to you.but handle an S4 and you will know that some androids are more equal that others.
don't argue, just handle it.you can thank me later

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by akwunmi(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2013
I REALy tnk d poster 4 dis!!!
Evn wen TECHNO is trying hard to librat dem 4rm sam high fone prizes slavry,som stil de blind to c dat FACT.wetin concern normal fone user wit gorilla glass? Snapdragon chip? Ur sammy wit gorilla glass no go spoil again?..truly no kno d makers of f7 gpu or cpu chip bu wu CAREs!!wen it delivers wot ur so called snapdragon chipest do...f7 runs app smoothly n plays heavy hd games well..wot more can I ask 4? PRODUCTIVITY N DURABILITY Is Wot we wnt n techno has dat..som mumu go con de tlk make de no compar dem? Y de no go compar fone of 36k wit beta spec to a fone of 53k wit lesser spec It shows how sammy is just using name 2rub us but techno don open our eyes now...na u b baba 4 here now ooo...ALL HAIL TECHNO!!!!!

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2013
lol very soon una go wise up say na tecno exploit una pass,dey go dey release fone when new update dey,n una go dey buy am all tecno phone r d same,same processor,maybe same gpu,tecno q1 with 512mb ram get higher benchmark than tecno f7 with 1gb,very soon una eye go open

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2013
akwunmi: I REALy tnk d poster 4 dis!!!
Evn wen TECHNO is trying hard to librat dem 4rm sam high fone prizes slavry,som stil de blind to c dat FACT.wetin concern normal fone user wit gorilla glass? Snapdragon chip? Ur sammy wit gorilla glass no go spoil again?..truly no kno d makers of f7 gpu or cpu chip bu wu CAREs!!wen it delivers wot ur so called snapdragon chipest do...f7 runs app smoothly n plays heavy hd games well..wot more can I ask 4? PRODUCTIVITY N DURABILITY Is Wot we wnt n techno has dat..som mumu go con de tlk make de no compar dem? Y de no go compar fone of 36k wit beta spec to a fone of 53k wit lesser spec It shows how sammy is just using name 2rub us but techno don open our eyes now...na u b baba 4 here now ooo...ALL HAIL TECHNO!!!!!

very interesting post from someone who was a diehard blackberry user , migrated to GAGA phone and is begging to buy a Uk Used Galaxy nexus 4. what was in the nexus that made you like it?

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Leopantro:

you are speaking Mandarin to them. since they don't care about chipset but love what the phone can do but don't realise that it's the chipset that determines the capabilities of the phone, you will be wasting your time. telling them that samsung has a new tablet with an i5 processor will be too high for them.

bros Brainrex, i commend you for your works in rom tweaking. kudos to you.but handle an S4 and you will know that some androids are more equal that others.
don't argue, just handle it.you can thank me later

haha chairman I get your drift I use an HTC oneX
in this case we are comparing Tecno Phantom Pad
N9 nd Galaxy Tab 2
leave s4 out of it
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2013
Brainrex:

haha chairman I get your drift I use an HTC oneX
in this case we are comparing Tecno Phantom Pad
N9 nd Galaxy Tab 2
leave s4 out of it

finally somebody that is objective. Guy, chop knuckle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53