Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Offer To Design Fake Bank Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Offer To Design Fake Bank Website (2548 Views)

I Got An INCREDIBLE Price Offer To Build A Scam Site, Am Confused! Should I? / Offer To Write E-book,web Content, Or E- Newsletter For Websites Or Blogs / Offer To Cartoon For Websites And Blogs And Magazines And Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by geniusng(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Have you ever designed or approached to design a fake bank website?

This question is directed to new webmasters. In my early days as a web designer, I got offers to design fake bank website and I did one or two because there is no job. I still get offers now but I reject them. Last week, one came and said I want you to design two bank websites for me.

Today again, another one came, I want you to design a bank website. And I asked him do you have a license, he laughed and said I want to use it for job. Sorry I cannot help you. Please desist from this, it can land you in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:51am On Jul 11, 2013
Then what exactly is ur point in this thread? U mortgaged ur conscience when u had no job and soiled ur hands in doing fake bank websites. Now u have a job and u no longer do such dubious jobs. So what ar u telling web developers that have no job now? Not to do what u did when u had no job? U should first apologize and tell us that u have turned a new leaf. U should tell us that u ar ashamed of how u murdered ur integrity on the altar of immediate gratification.

Look, tomorrow if u ar out of a job, u will stil design fake websites. Keep doing it and let's see ur future.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Then what exactly is ur point in this thread? U mortgaged ur conscience when u had no job and soiled ur hands in doing fake bank websites. Now u have a job and u no longer do such dubious jobs. So what ar u telling web developers that have no job now? Not to do what u did when u had no job? U should first apologize and tell us that u have turned a new leaf. U should tell us that u ar ashamed of how u murdered ur integrity on the altar of immediate gratification.

Look, tomorrow if u ar out of a job, u will stil design fake websites. Keep doing it and let's see ur future.

#Gbam
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2013
uii?Graphic, remember u did not apologize when Seun instructed Slyrox to look into the 14yr old boy. I didnt see the apology thread, so what gives u the moral rectitude to as this young man to apologize?

3 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by adewasco2k(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Then what exactly is ur point in this thread? U mortgaged ur conscience when u had no job and soiled ur hands in doing fake bank websites. Now u have a job and u no longer do such dubious jobs. So what ar u telling web developers that have no job now? Not to do what u did when u had no job? U should first apologize and tell us that u have turned a new leaf. U should tell us that u ar ashamed of how u murdered ur integrity on the altar of immediate gratification.

you could not have said it any better.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by koksybrown: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2013

What are u always feeling like. A God I guess. Thank God u r nt Seun. Pack well jor.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
koksybrown:
What are u always feeling like. A God I guess. Thank God u r nt Seun. Pack well jor.

Am not even blocking road before. I have been packing. But Nigerian youths must be told that success doesn't mean getting some Naira from whatever source and through whatever means. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by brine(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2013

You're just too offensive . SMH!
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
Well i can't fault GraphicPlus for his comment and am sure the OP expected such comments after all he stated he had been involved in such, but i commend with the OP for that.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by talk2me006(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2013

pls stop your persistent hard talk
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by geniusng(m): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
It is good to tell the truth. The truth is that even when you get money from such source, it will be of no benefit to you.
So I made up my mind not to try it again even if l have no job. And really God has been faithful, I will never go out job and even if I do,
I will never spit and leak it. God will not forgive me.

Furthermore, these guys come in various ways this time. There is another issue on ground right now. A guy I trained designed a website for a client
and brought it for me to host. l asked him, do you know this guy very well, he said yes. This is a car website and the guy reside in Dubai and he claim that he sales car over there. The second website is shipping website. l hosted the two website for him.

Early this year I got a mail from Russia - a man camplained that he was duped by this guy - $30, 000. He purchase a car but they did not deliver the car. The website has expired but the man got my contact from the domain whois.

I confronted my student, he told me that he know the guy very well and they sell cars in Dubai. He also confronted the Dubai guy and he said that he got the contract to design the website from another guy. That the website is for another company and they have folded up.

2 Reasons for sharing this:-
a) For us to learn some lesson.
b) The Russian man continues to send me mail demanding for his money even if it is half of the amount.

l have told my student to tell the guy to get the money back or face the EFCC. l have given him up till the end of this month.

please I want to hear your views in this matter.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by adewasco2k(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
^Wow, i still want to believe that your student knows what's up! Confront him
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
@OP, thank God u said u will never do such a dirty work again even if u have no job. Well done. My prayer for u is that u wil continue to hav a steady source of income, but even if u go out of job that ur faith and resolution wil be strong.

As for the issue at hand, u have no case to answer. U can direct the Russian how to contact the EFCC and give him the pictures and details of the guy at dubai. Just explain things to him that ur hand is not in whatever that transpired during the course of their business dealings.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by kingthreat(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Graphicsplus as usual is a selfrighteous moralistic bigot who delights in condemning others. If a broke web developer asks for assistance, he'll be the first to condemn speaking his long gibberish. The lesser of ingnorant people like this, the better.

5 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
kingthreat: Graphicsplus as usual is a selfrighteous moralistic bigot who delights in condemning others. If a broke web developer asks for assistance, he'll be the first to condemn speaking his long gibberish. The lesser of ingnorant people like this, the better.

Ok sir.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by kingthreat(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Ok sir.

You're very welcome.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by Ajibel(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Its really good to have folks like Graphic+ around here... You dont expect everyone to react the same way. There should be people who differ and step on toes/piss of others with their comments else there'd be no reason to argue/discuss cool

2 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel: Its really good to have folks like Graphic+ around here... You dont expect everyone to react the same way. There should be people who differ and step on toes/piss of others with their comments else there'd be no reason to argue/discuss cool

Totally disagree

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by talk2me006(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel: Its really good to have folks like Graphic+ around here... You dont expect everyone to react the same way. There should be people who differ and step on toes/piss of others with their comments else there'd be no reason to argue/discuss cool

To agree with you,can u show us one single post of graphicplus where he once encourage someone..?
His harsh talk is too much..
Atleast he has to be soft in some aspect

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by teemy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
i see angels and no demons. when a soccer coach tells kids to desist from diabolic means and shows a rotten leg as souvenir, is that not enough regret being shown. @graphicsplus try to read between the lines. anyways we ALL have pasts regrets.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:23am On Jul 15, 2013
I still stand on the comment I made. The earlier you guys get it, the better. I don't claim to be righteous. In fact, am not righteous. But I will continue to challenge Nigerian youths to stop calling failure success. I will continue to challenge web developers to depart from the way of mediocrity. I will continue to challenge everyone who comes here thinking that webmasters section is only full of secondary school boys and girls or jambites.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by akintayo1(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I still stand on the comment I made. The earlier you guys get it, the better. I don't claim to be righteous. In fact, am not righteous. But I will continue to challenge Nigerian youths to stop calling failure success. I will continue to challenge web developers to depart from the way of mediocrity. I will continue to challenge everyone who comes here thinking that webmasters section is only full of secondary school boys and girls or jambites.
Take it easy, no one is perfect. I understand your point but at least he admit what he did was bad.
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by kingthreat(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I will continue to challenge web developers to depart from the way of mediocrity.

Seen your websites. It is simply responsive. Not so spectacular.

2 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by Slyr0x: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2013
"Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

- John 8:7

Pastor OluwaSlyr0x

2 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by teemy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Slyr0x: "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

Pastor OluwaSlyr0x
nice quote but who ordained Pastor Sulaiman? hmm (pun intended)
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by kingthreat(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
Slyr0x: "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone"

Pastor OluwaSlyr0x

Well said Mod. I doff my hat.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
kingthreat:

Seen your websites. It is simply responsive. Not so spectacular.

I dont claim to have designed spectacular websites. I am still learning and striving everyday to hone my skills. If you check my post, you will see that i also commended the OP when he said he will not do such thing again even if he didnt have a job. So I dont see your points. I never claimed and I will never claim to be perfect. Everyday, I challenge myself to go beyond the status quo.

Here is my second comment to the OP: "@OP, thank God u said u will never do such a dirty work again even if u have no job. Well done. My prayer for u is that u wil continue to hav a steady source of income, but even if u go out of job that ur faith and resolution wil be strong." But you guys are blind to it because you want me to talk.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by talk2me006(m): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

I dont claim to have designed spectacular websites. I am still learning and striving everyday to hone my skills. If you check my post, you will see that i also commended the OP when he said he will not do such thing again even if he didnt have a job. So I dont see your points. I never claimed and I will never claim to be perfect. Everyday, I challenge myself to go beyond the status quo.

Here is my second comment to the OP: "@OP, thank God u said u will never do such a dirty work again even if u have no job. Well done. My prayer for u is that u wil continue to hav a steady source of income, but even if u go out of job that ur faith and resolution wil be strong." But you guys are blind to it because you want me to talk.

Ok!

Can u kindly open a thread and apologise to that 14 yrs old boy?

2 Likes

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by onyengbu: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
talk2me006:

Ok!

Abia! Are you a learner? Alex Uzor apologize?

Ngwanu....
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
talk2me006:

Ok!

*whistling* Story Story... undecided
Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by dansmog(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2013
Nigerians like to hear encouraging words even if what they are doing is bad. Every time i visit webmaster board, i like reading to the end(not saying i dont others to the end) any thread that have graphicsplus comments.

Truth be told, all what graphicsplus said is right, to those who said his words are usually harsh, should read the css chanllenge thread, where he encourage, appreciate and praised someone. He does this often.

People just dont want to accept the truth, if we have everyone encouraging you, without nobody telling you the truth, then you are on the wrong spot.

truth is very bitter, that is why i like the OP for not condenming the comments of GP. because he understands. I believe graphicsplus is a successful and experience web developer(he is in the biz and understands several things) this is someone we should not lose.. I think if Linus Torvald was to be on NL, according to you guys 'harsh words' he used that even more than graphicsplus, he will tell you it is better to be frank, and open online.

1 Like

Re: Offer To Design Fake Bank Website by koksybrown: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
dansmog++:
Nigerians like to hear encouraging words even if what they are doing is bad. Every time i visit webmaster board, i like reading to the end(not saying i dont others to the end) any thread that have graphicsplus comments.

Truth be told, all what graphicsplus said is right, to those who said his words are usually harsh, should read the css chanllenge thread, where he encourage, appreciate and praised someone. He does this often.

People just dont want to accept the truth, if we have everyone encouraging you, without nobody telling you the truth, then you are on the wrong spot.

truth is very bitter, that is why i like the OP for not condenming the comments of GP. because he understands. I believe graphicsplus is a successful and experience web developer(he is in the biz and understands several things) this is someone we should not lose.. I think if Linus Torvald was to be on NL, according to you guys 'harsh words' he used that even more than graphicsplus, he will tell you it is better to be frank, and open online.

I understand your point man. But you'll agree with me that we have better people in Webmaster section. Graphicplus is d list if we want to count the personalities we have in here in terms of professionalism and experience. Why should he make it look as if others are worthless or as if everybody should be as perfect as he is. Intellectually, people are different and the earlier we realise it the better for us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? / New Wapmaster Forum Launched ! / So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.