Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister (13671 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / APC Chieftain, 7000 Members Defect To PDP In Yobe / Explosion Rocks PDP Meeting In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by draogtech: 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
The Minister of Special Duties have been announcing major Boko Haram decisions lately.

The leadership of the Boko Haram sect have, in private discussions with a presidential committee, denied being responsible for the killing of dozens of secondary school students in Yobe State.

This was disclosed by the Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of Security Challenges in the North, Tanimu Turaki.

Mr. Turaki, whose committee recently announced a ceasefire with the outlawed group, said this on Wednesday while addressing journalists at the State House, Abuja.

He, however, said security agencies would have to investigate the sect’s claim.

“As far as the commission of crime is concerned, security agencies anywhere will not rely on the confessions or denial of supposed suspect as the basis for their investigation.

“ I’m sure Nigerian security agencies are very competent and they will look at all the facts and circumstances and then they will be able to carry out their investigation without bias, and then arrive at the final decision of who really was behind that unfortunate act (students killing).

“But they (Boko Haram) said (denied the killing) and for us it is left or the security agencies to determine that they were not responsible” he said.

About 28 students and one teacher at the Government Secondary School in Mamudo, Yobe were killed on Saturday when gunmen stormed the school. Most of the victims were burnt alive, witnesses said.
The attack has been condemned by President Goodluck Jonathan, the ruling party, the opposition, and other Nigerians.

Mr. Turaki, who is also the Minister of Special Duties, said his committee was able to achieve a ceasefire with the group because trust was established between the sect and the committee. He, however, said his committee was yet to meet or discuss with the Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, but was meeting with his deputy.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140665-boko-haram-deny-responsibility-for-killing-of-students-in-yobe-minister.html
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Cmeo(m): 5:13am On Jul 11, 2013
If truly the minister say this, then they should know they signed a ceased fire agreement with the wrong boko haram group. Take it or leave it

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by tpia5: 5:26am On Jul 11, 2013
then who was?
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by mgbeketoto: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2013
Like it takes a prophet Mohammed or Jesus Christ to tell us this? grin
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2013
Then who did the killings, they should know or do we have another boko-like group waiting to take over from them?

Igbo people say -he who come to equity must come with clean hands.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by momodub: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2013
what rubish is this
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by fpeter(f): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by 1shortblackboy: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
Then who did the killings, they should know or do we have another boko-like group waiting to take over from them?

Igbo people say -he who come to equity must come with clean hands.
Igbo people? oga o!

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by jmoore(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2013
Can devil tell the truth? bokoharam= devil

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2013
It seems there's a blood sucking demon hovering around Nigeria, especially in the north.

Abi na ritual in disguise be that? sad
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by fitzmayowa: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2013
If not bokoharam, then which group

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by jogsman01(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
witch cry yesterday, child die today....... who no knw say na d witch kill d child.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by martin1772(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
Wait o, if they eventualy agree to cease fire, wat wìl b d fate of those killed nd injured?
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by musiwa31: 10:01am On Jul 11, 2013
grin

[size=38pt]ibadan[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Greaaat: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2013
fitzmayowa: If not bokoharam, then which group
Dettol cool

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by sureway1(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2013
One tin about this pple is they tell d truth about their deeds..
just dat many pple will always want to commit evil, using them as cover up..God is watching.
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Beaf1: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2013
“ I’m sure Nigerian security agencies are very competent and they will look at all the facts and circumstances and then they will be able to carry out their investigation without bias, and then arrive at the final decision of who really was behind that unfortunate act (students killing"wink.

^
I read this statement twice and wondered if it is the same 'Security Agents" we know in Obodo Naija cheesy

@post
They b@stards asking for ceasefire must be fake Boko Harem then.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by kambah(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2013
I thought some people said this group are faceless? Frankly speaking some people know who are BokoHaram

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Cathybrown: 10:07am On Jul 11, 2013
if dey dont, den who did. dey said dey will b attacking schools nd if happened. hmmmmm. dis minister self. are we sure dere is no hidden agender
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Wendyslim(f): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
Just passing
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by nerodenero: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
I can recall vividly a report on nairaland,in fact,it made frontpage where a popular figure in the north(cant remember the name now) claimed they were two factions of Boko Haram.Thats not even the issue now.Anybody can commit crime in the north and boko haram's name readily comes to mind.Above all,no matter your grief,reasons,belief,religion etc,you have NO right to take another man's life.
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by takedat(m): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2013
*GEJ- BH are in my government
*GEJ- Boko Haram are ghosts
*FG proscribed BH and its "Activities" as illegal n act of terrorism
*FG reaches an understanding with BH(ghosts) after agreeing to a cease fire.
*Minister of the Federal Republic defends BH!

Verdict- Government Magic! "The magic white washes(cover up the errors) of government's violence against its own citizens" cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by vizboy(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2013
I think some group of people who oppose the soe carried out that attack to make it seem the soe is not working and trying to put the belame on boko haram.

One day na one day breeze go blow fowl yansh go open.
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by AbuMikey(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2013
All these shiiit don taya me ooo! I just wish the military would just takeover!!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by vizboy(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2013
sure way: One tin about this pple is they tell d truth about their deeds..
just dat many pple will always want to commit evil, using them as cover up..God is watching.
you just read my mind.
I think so people carried out that attack and wanted to make it look as if the soldiers were not working.
I just hopd it backfires
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by sobaemma(m): 10:15am On Jul 11, 2013
if no be boko haram who then??i think i know,to me its ansaru
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by dridowu: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2013
Wendyslim: Just passing
****wait their, w e are doing stop and search, wetin u carry, oya komet b4 i wose u********
@topic, who con do am ? I tire 4 ds 9ja
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by bowerazzi(m): 10:20am On Jul 11, 2013
draogtech:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140665-boko-haram-deny-responsibility-for-killing-of-students-in-yobe-minister.html
who are fooling ? Me or the parents of the dead arm less and innocent school children ?
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by Asam2(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2013
i am not supris, if hundred of police officers can be kill in nasarawa by non BK members, then 28 can also be kill by non BK members too.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by chinesy(f): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2013
If not Boko Haram,which other sect could ve done d killing of those innocent children.God will intervene
Re: Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister by splashbaby(m): 10:25am On Jul 11, 2013
Now we have a bigger problem! Boko Haram have been duplicated...
Boko Haram that kill (Millitary)
Boko Haram that drinks tea and declare cease fire (Politician)

9ja I hail...as usual the people are foolish enough to believe anything...for many are stupid christians and muslims.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why APC Is Interested In Anambra— Okorocha / Constitutional Amendment: National Assembly Disgraced Our Women – Gov Wike / Really, Who Is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.