Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. (749 Views)

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Car Jerks When Put In Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by fratochi: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2013
Hi all, I ran completely out fuel on my nissan xterra (that was the first time it happened), and since then the car has been 'jerking' while in motion, I have changed the fuel guage and filter, yet the problem persists. Eventually the engine stopped 'raising' no matter how you pedal, please I need advise on what to do. Thanks all.
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2013
It seems ur fuel delivery system has been clogged by dirt... check ur injectors.
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2013
platinumricky: It seems ur fuel delivery system has been clogged by dirt... check ur injectors.

Injectors are the last thing to touch

Blow your fuel lines with compressed air, also try cleaning the fuel pump filter this is inside the fuel tank on the pump its self, dont let them change your pump or the so. Alled service to injectors. Dont forget to blow the fuel rail

We want to eliminate each part that delivers fuel to the injectors, i said the injectors dont touch becoz whatever has blocked cant, have passed through two filters without you noticing change in the car's driving
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by fratochi: 9:26am On Jul 12, 2013
Thannks a million guys, I wiLl do as advised, will feed you guys back.
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by earthrealm(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
pls pls pls..........never let this happen again.......modern cars with injectors are very antsy with fuel finishing in the car.....its really bad..u cud damage ur fuel pump, ur injectors cud get clogged etc......
many people are not aware that the fuel pump is lubricated by the fuel flowing through it....and debris and other random particles always settle out at the bottom of the fuel tank, thus letting ur car even get to below quarter isn't advisable at all..considering naija n its unregulated fuel markets.

the posters hv given u good advice..if that doesn't solve ur problem..then testing the pumps and injectors should be the next approach b4 considering changing them out..

all the best
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by auhanson(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Also, make sure you wash your tank and the filter inside your fuel tank, blow the fuel system thoroughly.
By washing your tank and in-tank filter you have save yourself a lot of headache both today and in future if you should repeat the same mistake again.

Your injector should be the last resort,do all the rest of the things first, dont let no one mess with it at this moment in the name of servicing it just yet.
Re: My Suv 'jerks' And Eventually Sopped 'raising', Please Advise. by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
OP
because you ran outta petrol dont mean you gonna have this problems,there is a clever system in place in modern cars to prevent this happening unless You physical drain the fuel out of the car.There could be more reason why you have got this problem, I xpirienced this first hand with my SUV in PH, its being driven by my wife so You know women and thier thing.
Check your water level in your car and also check your Oil level.

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Cars? Can You Identify This One? / Neeed Help On How To Replace Michelin Pax Tyres In Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 / Photo: Can You Correctly Identify This Car Logo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.