Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy (2226 Views)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / The Hard Truth About Your Salary / I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by kawazaki(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2013
I have been working for the past 10 years. All my life i have been working for multinationals and also been working for more or less 25 hours a day.

My pay wasn't fantastic until my present Job. My present monthly salary is 7 digits, I have a cossy office, official car but i am not too happy.

Over the decade, i have been used to working, too hard , so it's soo strange for me on my new job, where i have little to do.

Some days, i hardly have anything to do. I have almost hijacked all the tasks assigned to my immediate boss,so as to keep myself busy.

I am confused, or is this what the next level looks like?

Experienced guys can advice me.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Ogoanita(f): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Dont u tink it time to sort of kull off n enjoy ur sweat for the past years? undecidedDont u tink it time to sort of kull off n enjoy ur sweat for the past years?

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Anyi3(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2013
seven digits per month or annual Lemme know if we can swap positions...
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by kawazaki(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Anyi.:
seven digits per month or annual Lemme know if we can swap positions...

Post updated. It's monthly. But for once in 10 years, i am feeling, it's not all about the money.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Feex: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
kawazaki: I have been working for the past 10 years. All my life i have been working for multinationals and also been working for more or less 25 hours a day.

My pay wasn't fantastic until my present Job. My present monthly salary is 7 digits, I have a cossy office, official car but i am not too happy.

Over the decade, i have been used to working, too hard , so it's soo strange for me on my new job, where i have little to do.

Some days, i hardly have anything to do. I have almost hijacked all the tasks assigned to my immediate boss,so as to keep myself busy.

Get a life! That's your problem - not the work.
Family, friends, spiritual activities, sports, writing, philanthropy, music, writing, investment, etc - These are activities you could engage in.

GET A LIFE!

6 Likes

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Xtargold(f): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
I don't want to believe u ve a prblm wit living a gud life.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by NEROSKY(m): 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Where is your firm, i can be your PA
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by kennyy123: 2:24am On Jul 13, 2013
kawazaki: I have been working for the past 10 years. All my life i have been working for multinationals and also been working for more or less 25 hours a day.

A crow sat on a tree doing nothing..

When a rabbit though to do the same n sat on the ground...

A tiger came n ate him...

MORAL- to sit and do nothing you need too be at the TOP!

Get use to d GOOD LIFE!God is @ ur end lol

3 Likes

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2013

before I give any advice....does the 7 digits include kobos like 90,000.77k? If it dosent then, you earning a monstrous sum of money. I see no reason for complaints considering you can use ur money to attract a lot of things that bring happiness.

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by nairafx: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
start ur own biz
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by chudidonas(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2013
kennyy123:

You have earned where you are now boss. Worry no more. Engage in some other things like writing, philanthropy, spending time with family etc. There's more to life than just 'work'.
Meanwhile, is there any position for entry level safety officers in your company? Won't mind voluntary jobs. Thank you

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by chudidonas(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2013
kennyy123:

You have earned where you are now boss. Worry no more. Engage in some other things like writing, philanthropy, spending time with family etc. There's more to life than just 'work'.
Meanwhile, is there any position for entry level safety officer in your place of work? Won't mind voluntary jobs. Thank you

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by luvola(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
@ kawazaki - can u help me with a job pls? An a graduate of accounting with a very good grade (2nd class upper) .. My email is olaklives05@yahoo.com , facebook - ola aol. Hope to see yur beep

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by dammy2good(f): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
abeg I dey find work too ooh.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Michelle55: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
abeg help me find job too............email:giftakaeme@yahoo.com
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by kawazaki(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Michelle55 ,@ammy2good and @uvola

I came into Lagos in a bus a decade ago, after searching fruitlessly for a Job in Port harcourt for about a Year without success.

I then decided to stop looking for work and concentrating on what i had to offer. I wrote several companies offering to work FOC ( free of charge ).

I was given a chance by a French firm, and that was the beginning of my career.

Can you all try that too ?

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Ishilove: 6:06am On Jul 27, 2013
kawazaki: @Michelle55 ,@ammy2good and @uvola

I came into Lagos in a bus a decade ago, after searching fruitlessly for a Job in Port harcourt for about a Year without success.

I then decided to stop looking for work and concentrating on what i had to offer. I wrote several companies offering to work FOC ( free of charge ).

Ten years ago the economy was WAAAAY better than it is now. Ten years ago, fuel was about 45 naira/lt (correct me if I'm wrong), so please talk something else
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by kawazaki(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Ishilove:
Ten years ago the economy was WAAAAY better than it is now. Ten years ago, fuel was about 45 naira/lt (correct me if I'm wrong), so please talk something else

@Ishilove
It's all in the attitude, need i say more ?

Employers nowadays, don't train. If you can gather experience FOC, why not ?
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Ishilove: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
kawazaki:

@Ishilove

Meanwhile the brokeass FOC worker has to pay for his feeding and t-fare out of where? Let's be sincere, its just not feasible in the face of the current economic realities in the country.

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2013

Get use to change and allow it to change you

You wan work yourself to death

If you die na anoda man go chop the money ooo

1 Like

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by cecegorz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2013

I understand your situation bro. It is called 'management'
You have to realize that corporate organizations are somehow likened to the Ants colony; you have the workers, soldiers, breeders and the like.
Once you get there, it's either you are going for a meeting or you call for a meeting yourself, then push the resolution to the 'workers' with a simple line 'Please treat' lol.
There's this joke we usually pass in my company, when somebody wants to raise your ego, he'll say 'you are the staff, we are the workers, working for you'
But also know that when things go wrong, you have a greater responsibility on the blame, that's why all your years of hard work prepared you to know when your team are about to goof, so you can arrest the situation on time.

2 Likes

Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by Michelle55: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Bros u try oh, make mee come work free of charge for naija wey national cake full everywia......... anyway,me go soon be 1st lady of naija or na how you see ma mata?
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by pweetymama(f): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
kawazaki:

Post updated. It's monthly. But for once in 10 years, i am feeling, it's not all about the money.
Really?When I am looking for a meagre 6digits to keep body and soul together.Pls Sir,Can u give me a 6 digits job with your company?LOL.Back to the topic,Well Sir,I understand where you are coming from but I think you should engage yourself with other things like acquiring and reading inspirational books when you have nothing to do.hope this helps.Goodluck!
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by pweetymama(f): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
kawazaki: @Michelle55 ,@ammy2good and @uvola

Of course.I don't mind starting up that way.I have been looking for such opportunity in portharcourt but no success yet.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
kawazaki:

@Ishilove

Employers nowadays, don't train. If you can gather experience FOC, why not?

That is what most graduates nowadays don't understand. My youngest sister just got a job with a good IT firm for training without pay and she was asking if she should accept the offer. I had to gladly accept responsibility for her well being and transport fare this season telling her that the key thing is to garner experience. People should start embracing unpaid internship as it pays off in the long run.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by ndcide(m): 12:52am On Aug 01, 2013
kawazaki:

@Ishilove

[quote author=GboyegaD] That is what most graduates nowadays don't understand. My youngest sister just got a job with a good IT firm for training without pay and she was asking if she should accept the offer. I had to gladly accept responsibility for her well being and transport fare this season telling her that the key thing is to garner experience. People should start embracing unpaid internship as it pays off in the long run.

Sir, This idea rarely work. I and some folks have tried pulling such stunt years back; The managers 'ill hardly take you seriously.
@Gboyega, Believe me, your sister is one lucky one; out of ten thousand. Besides, I doubt she made that request / application herself.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by funkybaby(f): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ OP

You need to take things easy.

when was the last time you had a PROPER holiday?

Take time off, 2 - 3 weeks... Go somewhere exotic. relax, shop and do some sightseeing.

That will help you clear your head.
Re: Fantastic Salary, But I Am Not Happy by megainvest: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2013
Feex:
Get a life! That's your problem - not the work.
Family, friends, spiritual activities, sports, writing, philanthropy, music, writing, investment, etc - These are activities you could engage in.

GET A LIFE!

Right in-between the eyes! This is the best answer so far (Talking from experience).

(1) (Reply)

DSAP: Daystar Skill Acquisition Programme Set 15 2014 / University Of Port Harcourt Sacks Professor Frank Ugiomoh / ICAN Release The Result Of May 2018 Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.