Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido (571 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Sule Lamido: Buhari Is Politically Naive And APC Is A Fraud!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido by akpanoka: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Governor Sule Lamido in his latest interview regarded the former head of state, GEn. Mohammadu Buhari as being politically naive. Excerpt from the interview is presented here under.

You see, despite what you have said, you are also dealing with human institutions which cannot claim perfection. The NGF is an informal forum; you don’t have to belong to it. It is just for our own convenience and issues we discuss are just purely economic and security, that is all. We don’t discuss politics at that place. Really, the NGF is not a very big issue that you should be worried about. It is nothing for God's sake. But in Nigeria, everything is for entertainment.

But isn’t it about 2015 like some of your colleagues have said?
Sometimes, while the mind can leap out and begin to invite imaginations, I as a person, Sule Lamido, I'm a Muslim and there is something called destiny in my religion, which is God's template where before the beginning of the beginning to the end of the end with millions of billions of years, everything has been put in that template and by the time the time comes then it becomes what it is. Now, who has that guarantee that he is going to live till 2015? Why are we wasting our energy and steam over it?

The APC publicity secretary recently said some governors would soon defect to the party by mid-July, is that true?
I’m highly amused. Do you know what they call self-wish? These are local propaganda which is terribly elementary. When you look at the party called PDP, I’ve been saying it since 1999- 14 years in 2013- it is PDP only that has remained. AD had gone from AD into AC, into ACN, into something else and now going to APC. APP had gone into ANPP and then, later on they are going to something. They are going to APC. Now, CPC is a one-man party. It is not so lost out on us of some parties that see Buhari as their industry. So they hang unto him and because he is very naïve, he thinks they are serious.

Do you think Buhari is naïve?
Absolutely! He is politically naïve. Yes, he is politically naïve. Absolutely!

Can you be more explicit sir?
I would say he should be walking with his eyes wide open because those around him in 1999 were somewhere else. Were they with him? Our people will say if you see a horse fully dressed walking alone in the forest, it must have thrown the owner off. Don't ride it because it threw somebody away. I have been wondering; they abused the PDP that we are murderers, party of riggers, a party of whatever - it is evil. Fine! Why do they want murderer governors in their midst? Why do they want us to be there? Number two, this so called APC is again what you call political fraud because you may change the nomenclature - change it ten times over, did the people come from heaven? They are the same old people. You see, to me, I laugh at it more because the entire contraption is a creation of pain and anger. It is not about Nigeria. They are people who failed to make it in their political parties who think by coming together they can make it.

If you input one PDP governor in APC, they will collapse, it will collapse. You don't simply say because of some misunderstanding and destroy yourself. The PDP has attained a level in Nigeria. Renegade governors, yes, whatever they call us. Today who is there in PDP who is older than me in the party that I should leave the party for him? Who is that person? So, there is no way you will say because there is heat wave in your house, you leave your house. Where would you go? To someone else's house? I laugh when they say that because who will change and go to them; to do what?
Re: Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido by KINGwax(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
If buhari is politically naïve, then sule lamido is intellectually drained.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido by akpanoka: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sule has said it all.
Re: Buhari Is Politically Naive - Gov. Sule Lamido by akpomeme(m): 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
Truth is bitter

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Probes Tonto Dike For Hard Drugs / Police Gun Down Killers Of Lagos Hotelier / Four Northern Governors Threatens To Stop Funding The Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.