Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims (11180 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by usbcable(m): 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
Asalam Alaykum Warahmatulah Wa barakatuhu.

May Allah accept our Sawm and grant our dua and desires.

I just feel like sharing some apps I use presently. i feel some of it may may be useful to some folks out there.

Feel free to comment about them and possibly add any other one you deem fit to be enlisted:

And lest I forget the ones below are all free and I strongly recommend them to the house.

Ramadan Kareem.

1. Quran Android by quran android: This is a free open source Quran application for android devices. It has the following functions:
Updated Index
Ayah bookmarking
ayah share
ibn katheer and saady tafsir
audio recitations (needs additional downloading)
search
transalations
and many more.

2.Fiqh us Sunnah by Shining Light: This is thesame fiqh us sannah written by Sayyid Sabiq (1915 - 2000 C.E), may Allah have mercy on him. He wrote the book in 1940, at the request of ustadh Hassan al-Banna (Founder of the Muslim brotherhood). Every fiqh ruling in the book goes back to the quran and sunnah and Sabiq dealt with all four madhahib objectively with n o preference for any.

3.Islam Adhan Alarm by Cantan Group Inc: The application alerts to islamic prayer times with qibla compass and claculated hijri date. It works with the location specified in the setting and is always on time with alerting you about salat times and directions towards the qibla.

4.Aljazeera English by Aljazeera: not at all an islamic app in reality but at least give info about happenings in the muslim world.

5.hijri Calendar Mini by Asian Global ventures: The app calculates conversion between Gragorian Calendar and Hijri calendar.
It also provides info as per the sunset and sunrise using GPS location.
The application provides complete moon phases of each day while simultaneously giving specific historical events on each calendar month. **Although the app needs someone to play around with it alot to get a drift of how things work**. but on the long run it does well as a calendar app at least.

6.Islamic Duas by Islamicdua: With this App you can ask and request for Duas!
According to the developers they promise to make Dua for you within 3-5 days , but it cannolt substitue your own right and obligation to make Dua for yourself. Just regard the requested Dua as an additional Dua for yourself.

7.Questions on Islam by Elma Bilgisayar: This is like an encyclopeadia for islam.
The application has books covering items on Creation, metaphysical, essential of islam, fiqh, human, history and miscellaneuos etc.

May Allah accept our Fast and grant us Aljannah and grant us success in this world.

33 Likes

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by usbcable(m): 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
will appreciate folks suggesting other apps as well.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu

Thank you for creating this thread, it has been on my mind to create for a while but I always forget. We should make it open to all smartphones- Android, iPhone, Nokia and Blackberry.

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
8. Adhan Alarm: for salat times on Android. It does much the same that No.2 does.

9. iQuran: Really nice presentation of the Holy Qur'an with English translation and Tejweed notification, you can also listen to recitations if you want (on the paid version).

2 Likes

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by ameenahz(f): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
As-salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters. Nice thread, ma shaa Allah. I need your help. I saw a 'Quran reader' on my boss' samsung smart phone, dont really know the type. I asked him and he said it 'came with the phone'. It is just sooo beautiful. Has audio recitation feature with a beautiful voice n tajweed, very good for a learner like me. I have unsuccessfuly tried to find such an app. I use Nokia E5. Can anyone help with sites where i can get it?
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wa Alaykum Salam, try http://www.getjar.com .

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by cherish(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
ameenahz: As-salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters. Nice thread, ma shaa Allah. I need your help. I saw a 'Quran reader' on my boss' samsung smart phone, dont really know the type. I asked him and he said it 'came with the phone'. It is just sooo beautiful. Has audio recitation feature with a beautiful voice n tajweed, very good for a learner like me. I have unsuccessfuly tried to find such an app. I use Nokia E5. Can anyone help with sites where i can get it?
I also need for ♍γ̲̣̣̥ BB
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by engrjamiu(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
40 Robbanas on playstore.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Highbe(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
@usbcable and macolatunji pls let us know d site or how to get all these stufs on our phones including Nokia. Jazakumllah ahra jaza.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Lagusta(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
as-salaam alaykum, I also have saheeh al Bukhara and saheeh Muslim, hisnul Muslim and other PDF books like riyadus-saliheen, tafseer ibn katheer and bulugh al-maram!!!

may Allah assist all of us!!!

2 Likes

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by busar(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salam alaykum.
Riyadu saliheen:It's a popular book written by Abu Zakariyyah An nawaawi. It covers many aspects of the deen backed up with authentic hadith with very good commentaries. I got mine from playstore.
Sybla tv:You can watch many beneficial Islamic channels like islam channel, iqrah tv, sunnah nabawia, fajr tv e.t.c with it.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by ocheejemb: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
***I apologise in advance for the spam, but you may find this interesting. Just posting on behalf of a friend.

Buy your Ramadan Speaking Cards for your Muslim friends. T
hese cards have been programmed with Audio Surahs. Surah Al-Fatiha and Surah Al-Qadr. Ramadan Kareem!

http://speaking-cards.konga.com/
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by tbaba1234: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
1. Sahih al bukari and muslim by Hatafsoft

2. Islamic ebooks ( you can download riyad Saliheen, duas and 40 hadiths of imam nawawi)
by ealim technology
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by showietee: 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
ameenahz: As-salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters. Nice thread, ma shaa Allah. I need your help. I saw a 'Quran reader' on my boss' samsung smart phone, dont really know the type. I asked him and he said it 'came with the phone'. It is just sooo beautiful. Has audio recitation feature with a beautiful voice n tajweed, very good for a learner like me. I have unsuccessfuly tried to find such an app. I use Nokia E5. Can anyone help with sites where i can get it?

Jazakallahu aikhran for the op!
@ quran.com you'll get a lovely one there.
Below are some lovely site where you can also download free apps and lectures- www.kalamullah.com, islamic-creed.com, islamicline.com, allahsword.com,islamtomorrow.com, etc etc

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Temismith(f): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Abuloma80(f): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ OP Jazakallahkhairan.

For the CIA wish them all the best, I wont be deterred
from downloading those Apps whenever chanced

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Points To Assist A Declining Marriage / The Essence Of Hajj Is Displayed In This Picture / The Tafseer Of This Verse And The Death Of Corper Zainab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.