Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (520995 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ADVERTISERJOB: 12:01am On Sep 11, 2013
Please, i need a good Toyota Dyna truck, strong enough for block industry. Whoever has any to sell or have idea of price should let me know.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2013
Ame Lon Ro: Hello all,

Please how best can one sell/dispose a Mitsubishi space wagon, 3 seater and at the best rates?
Nairaland Auto section and also placing a 'For Sale' tag on your vehicle where tis currently parked.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cuzz: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Can i get texaco dexron 3 atf oil here in Nigeria?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ceysaga: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
I bought a tire inflator last week and inflated my flat tire myself yesterday. I was so pleased with myself because I didnt call any guy to help me. Howz that?

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikenna351(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
ceysaga: I bought a tire inflator last week and inflated my flat tire myself yesterday. I was so pleased with myself because I didnt call any guy to help me. Howz that?

Hmm! Am impressed.

But then, hope you didn't over inflate the poor tyre? grin

Ikenna.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ceysaga: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Oga Ikenna you like to dey find my trouble abi Well FYI I stopped at 40 guage cos I knew how it worked before buying it. You think say I be those girls wey dnt know the diferrence between spanner and screw driver abi? tongue duhhhh.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikenna351(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
ceysaga: Oga Ikenna you like to dey find my trouble abi Well FYI I stopped at 40 guage cos I knew how it worked before buying it. You think say I be those girls wey dnt know the diferrence between spanner and screw driver abi? tongue duhhhh.

You see am. It's not suppose to exceed 35 psi. Poor tyre! grin

Ikenna.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by maraba: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Hi
Please I bought an infiniti M37 2012 and want to have it registered here in Nigeria and I have the VIN number but they are requesting for the Engine number before they can register and give me a plate number. Just want to know does this new cars come with engine number because the engine capartment is so sofisticated I dont even know what to touch or remove. Please I need this information.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ceysaga: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin well nothing do am at 40psi. The difference is not much cos at 35psi the tire still looked kind of flabby. But I still try anyway whether you like it or not. I tried to remove my spare tire yesterday but ol-boy, My hand was just shaking and knots were damn stiff. The other tire self was too heavy- 195/65/15. I never chop that time so a call my neighbour abeg grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cuzz: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
My mechanic removed my thermostat bcus I bought a new gear Box,he said its bad for auto cars gearbox in our weather.
Pls shld I believe him or get it connected back.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ceysaga: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ cuzz, follow this link.I was once in your shoes. https://www.nairaland.com/1206722/mechanic-removed-toyota-camrys-thermostat
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dany2010: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2013
pls i need a nissan primera p11 GT 2000.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2013
Cuzz: My mechanic removed my thermostat bcus I bought a new gear Box,he said its bad for auto cars gearbox in our weather.

What exactly does the thermostat do in a car? Can it be run without one? @ http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071023194441AAdSQd3 will answer your questions in extreme detail
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cuzz: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2013
IdaraCHODB:

What exactly does the thermostat do in a car? Can it be run without one? @ http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071023194441AAdSQd3 will answer your questions in extreme detail
Tnks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bukolafunke: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2013
Can anyone pls help me comfirm if custom has reviewed clearing cost up again after the announcement made last week about banning import and jerking prices up.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingschild123(m): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
@idaraCHOBD The thermostat's job is relatively simple, but extremely important. It regulates the engine's operating temperature. It does this by restricting the flow of coolant from the engine back to the radiator. The thermostat is usually located in a housing where the upper radiator hose is connected to the engine. The thermostat is a valve that is held shut by spring tension. A wax filled thermal element in the thermostat opens the valve. As the engine begins to warm up and the coolant gets hot, the wax inside the sealed element expands and pushes the thermostat valve open. This occurs at a preset temperature (typically 195 degrees F. or so), which is usually stamped on the thermostat itself. The thermostat should be fully open about 20 degrees F. above the rated temperature.

The opening of the thermostat allows coolant to circulate through the engine and cooling system. As the temperature of the coolant begins to drop, the wax element cools off and contracts allowing the thermostat to partially or fully close. Thus, by cycling open and shut a relatively constant operating temperature is maintained.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cramed: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
I need to learn how to reset my service engine soon on my 2003 Nissan Xterra?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aroyinkeyo: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
pls can someone tell me the details the cost of import fees of rangrover sport 2005 to 2008 from cutonu to Nigeria
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Knight1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hello
Need help pls.
want to order a car from USA but apparently there's nothing called "engine seat" cheesy
whats the actual name pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IdaraCHODB(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Knight1: Hello
Need help pls.
want to order a car from USA but apparently there's nothing called "engine seat" cheesy
whats the actual name pls?

engine mounts?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Cuzz: My mechanic removed my thermostat bcus I bought a new gear Box,he said its bad for auto cars gearbox in our weather.
Tell him to put it back asap.stupid mechanic,what thermostat is it by the way?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
Cramed: I need to learn how to reset my service engine soon on my 2003 Nissan Xterra?
U need a scaning device or disconect ur battery and ground ur +ve terminal or remove disconmect both terminals on ur battery ,turn headlights n then turn ignitin on,this erases the stored memory on the ECU
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
kingschild123: @idaraCHOBD The thermostat's job is relatively simple, but extremely important. It regulates the engine's operating temperature. It does this by restricting the flow of coolant from the engine back to the radiator. The thermostat is usually located in a housing where the upper radiator hose is connected to the engine. The thermostat is a valve that is held shut by spring tension. A wax filled thermal element in the thermostat opens the valve. As the engine begins to warm up and the coolant gets hot, the wax inside the sealed element expands and pushes the thermostat valve open. This occurs at a preset temperature (typically 195 degrees F. or so), which is usually stamped on the thermostat itself. The thermostat should be fully open about 20 degrees F. above the rated temperature.

The opening of the thermostat allows coolant to circulate through the engine and cooling system. As the temperature of the coolant begins to drop, the wax element cools off and contracts allowing the thermostat to partially or fully close. Thus, by cycling open and shut a relatively constant operating temperature is maintained.
I have changed my thermostat before,it aint a lazy mans Job,what becomes the void left in its place?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:31am On Oct 14, 2013
dubem3: been meaning to ask
what do you think is the reason behind the persistent Honda shaft issue?
The rotate and turn at same time,x
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Knight1(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2013
IdaraCHODB:

engine mounts?

Gracias....Mucho

please do you know of "inner engine setting" and "side engine setting"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.