Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521524 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
conyema12:
Imo

Contact www.nairaland.com/camaro contact him.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2016
kingreign:

you didnt specify the code of the O2 sensor, you didnt specify if the malfunction had stopped, as for your camshaft position actuator, bank 1 is the bank closest to your firewall. If you fix these problem the vsc light will go off.

you need to let a highly competent technician look and help you out with the fixing of that malfunction. What state do you reside in?

The O2 sensor and cylinder misfire codes issues are resolved. Codes P0037and P0300
I feel the guy failed to connect something back in the VVS probably the oil control valve in the camshaft timing system. Now i have P0010 with a rough engine idling.

I reside in imo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2016
conyema12:

The O2 sensor and cylinder misfire codes issues are resolved. Codes P0037and P0300
I feel the guy failed to connect something back in the VVS probably the oil control valve in the camshaft timing system. Now i have P0010 with a rough engine idling.

I reside in imo

Check your Oil Control Valve if its damaged, check the OCV solenoid if its bad or not, check the VVT circuit for breakage in wiring continuity.

If you can't do this on your own, ask a competent tech guy to do it for you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by toluh(f): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Please i need to know a reasonable price, i can bid for Toyota Corolla 2007/2009 and Honda Civic 2007/2009
Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
kingreign:

Check your Oil Control Valve if its damaged, check the OCV solenoid if its bad or not, check the VVT circuit for breakage in wiring continuity.

If you can't do this on your own, ask a competent tech guy to do it for you.

Thanx buddy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MrBadoo(m): 12:04am On Jan 11, 2016
hey room
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MrBadoo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
Call Engr.Toheeb On Any Of Ya Car Fault-E.G--Wiring+Diagnose Ya Car Fault With Dectector Machine+Programm Yo Car Key+If You Have Intrest In Security Demobilizer!!!+08166602142 ---BB PIN 2ADF0E09 Good-
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nigeriancuban: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
what are the odds with crystler cars?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gianttravels: 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
my ford focus car always failed fuel.......what could be the cause pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys, I have got my Toyota Camry 2002 scanned and the following error codes were found P0128, C-0205 and C1241. Can someone please interpret it and tell me what to do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hello house.
My Toyota camry 2000 keeps showing the Brake indicator light on the dashboard. I recently changed the brake linings for the back wheels, replaced the rubber tubing that supplies hydraulic to the back wheel and adjusted the parking brake. The indicator still lingers.
I also noticed the ABS indicator light has remained on for sometime now.
What could be the problem?
All contributions are welcome. Thanks.
Cc ikenna351, siena
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hi guys, I am yet to get an advice on my earlier post, kindly advice. I engaged a mechanic to discuss the issue and he said the Thermostat is of no use to our Nigerian climate. He advised that I should remove it instead of replacing it. Please I need your contributions urgently on the way forward. Regards

chikenicholas:
Hi guys, I have got my Toyota Camry 2002 scanned and the following error codes were found P0128, C-0205 and C1241. Can someone please interpret it and tell me what to do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
dino2006:
Hello house.
My Toyota camry 2000 keeps showing the Brake indicator light on the dashboard. I recently changed the brake linings for the back wheels, replaced the rubber tubing that supplies hydraulic to the back wheel and adjusted the parking brake. The indicator still lingers.
Cc ikenna351, siena

Faulty ABS wheel speed sensor, possible rear side. Toks 5k each. Interested call 08033910382.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
chikenicholas:

P0128: your thermostat has been removed and your fans are running directly.
C0205: abs wheel speed sensor left side faulty.
C1241: ignore this code.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ichakaobos(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2016
My 2007 Acura mdx vibrates when I step on the breaks on 120mph and above. Could it be that it needs balancing, alignment, shafts or break disc?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello house. Am travelling along zamfara road, turned off my car to get water, tried starting it back, it refused to kick. Although the engine is wining. Called a roadside mechanic to check it, he said maybe no fuel. We got fuel, engine still refused to start. Now he's saying maybe fuel pump. Am really confused here. Stuck in a bush.
Pls what do you think?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
dino2006:
Hello house. Am travelling along zamfara road, turned off my car to get water, tried starting it back, it refused to kick. Although the engine is wining. Called a roadside mechanic to check it, he said maybe no fuel. We got fuel, engine still refused to start. Now he's saying maybe fuel pump. Am really confused here. Stuck in a bush.
Pls what do you think?

After sometime, the car started, I bought fuel then moved some distance. Turned off the engine again, and it has refused to start now. No jerking or misfiring, could this still be a fuel pump problem?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Cc ikena351, cc Gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks GAZZUZZ, I was told that the thermostat is malfunction, my mechanic proposed either I changed the thermostat or I should take it out completely because its not needed in our Nigerian weather. Please should I go with him and remove it?
GAZZUZZ:

P0128: your thermostat has been removed and your fans are running directly.
C0205: abs wheel speed sensor left side faulty.
C1241: ignore this code.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
chikenicholas:
Thanks GAZZUZZ, I was told that the thermostat is malfunction, my mechanic proposed either I changed the thermostat or I should take it out completely because its not needed in our Nigerian weather. Please should I go with him and remove it?

no, leave the thermostat, but ensure you remove the radiator, it's not needed in the car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LeJeun3: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#990000]no, leave the thermostat, but ensure you remove the radiator, it's not needed in the car

wicked!
[/color]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by disloman(m): 6:37am On Jan 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

no, leave the thermostat, but ensure you remove the radiator, it's not needed in the car
Are you for real?WTF.You go funny die.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
dino2006:
Hello house.
Cc ikenna351, siena
Need resetting

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
dino2006:

After sometime, the car started, I bought fuel then moved some distance. Turned off the engine again, and it has refused to start now. No jerking or misfiring, could this still be a fuel pump problem?
No Im%99 sure it's your CPS. Carn shaft positioning sensor. When it's hot it won't work when it's cold it starts right?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Need resetting
Ok. How do I reset it please?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2016
erico2k2:

No Im%99 sure it's your CPS. Carn shaft positioning sensor. When it's hot it won't work when it's cold it starts right?
The mecho said the fuel pump wás busted. He replaced it and the car is working fine now. Thanks bro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chikenicholas(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bros you harsh ooh, I only asked for advice na. Na wao!!! shocked
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
Please i need help...

My Hyundai Santa fe 2002 started giving knocking sounds 1 month after i discovered that the engine ran out of oil due to bad engine oil switch/indicator connected to the engine. Although a seal is bad at the lower sump of the engine and I have always procrastinated to fix it. Anyways, I managed to drive it down to a place close to my house but the engine went off totally and refused to start.

My mechanic has checked it and concluded that the engine has knocked, and some major things are affected.

Do you advise i buy a new engine or buy the parts to assemble back my engine? and do you have any contact who can advise on the price of an engine for the named vehicle?

Thank you for your responses.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2016
dino2006:

Ok. How do I reset it please?
A garage with a scanner capable of turning it off.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:38am On Jan 27, 2016
dino2006:

The mecho said the fuel pump wás busted. He replaced it and the car is working fine now. Thanks bro.
Ok great stuff.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
erico2k2:

A garage with a scanner capable of turning it off.
Tnx boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.