Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521713 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lanrce(f): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2016
I'm girl,golf is more beautiful,meybe it's better. grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lanrce(f): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2016
kingschild123:
What car names begin with the letter M?

Mitsuoka?Maserati?Maybach?

http://www.foxwellshop.com/
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honsule(m): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
Gotten wink
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ONYECHUKWU: 11:34am On May 01, 2016
Good day sirs/mas, am considering to buy Mercedes ml320, please i like to know if is economical in term of fuel consumption and maintenance.
Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
ONYECHUKWU:
Good day sirs/mas, am considering to buy Mercedes ml320, please i like to know if is economical in term of fuel consumption and maintenance.
Thanks.

SUVs and fuel consumption are two opposite ends. But they won't cause you to rob a bank.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 01, 2016
Good evening guys, please I have this small issue, my brake pads are good, the hand brake is fine and the brake fluid is fine... But the brake light and antilock light won't go off. Someone suggested that it's a sensor issue.... Or brake switch... Please what could be wrong? I've attached the pix of the board.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2016
Sinbad2007:
My Mechanic deliberately removed my thermostat without my knowledge. I only found out when i started noticing some changes. Right now he can't locate the thermostat. Model is 1998 Toyota Camry, V4. Please where can i get original one. I've searched within my place but all to no avail
I have a Camry engine thermostat available for sale ,my no is at my signature if you still need it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:45am On May 03, 2016
jimihendrix:
Good evening guys, please I have this small issue, my brake pads are good, the hand brake is fine and the brake fluid is fine... But the brake light and antilock light won't go off. Someone suggested that it's a sensor issue.... Or brake switch... Please what could be wrong? I've attached the pix of the board.

Which car is this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:02am On May 03, 2016
its a mistibushi galant, 2007 model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On May 03, 2016
jimihendrix:

scan abs, post codes here
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

scan abs, post codes here

I don't have a scanner for now but i plan to buy one as soon as possible. Which one will you recommend?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chuxxy4me(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2016
Like Gazzuz said scan ABS module and post code. Where are u based? Can scan free if in PH
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2016
jimihendrix:
Did this just come up?
Did you change anything relating to the brakes? ie brake pads?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tolugar: 12:37am On May 04, 2016
Pls guys I don't. Know if it's right to post this issue here

My Chevrolet Aveo is jerking. And thee movement is not smooth. Worst if the AC is on.

This started after changing the rings. I've changed plug and the plug wires, still no improvement. Am losing hope on my mechanic.

Anyone help friends?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AutoJoshNG: 9:55am On May 04, 2016
tolugar:

My Chevrolet Aveo is jerking. And thee movement is not smooth. Worst if the AC is on.

This started after changing the rings. I've changed plug and the plug wires, still no improvement. Am losing hope on my mechanic.

Anyone help friends?

Hello Tolugar,

The first step is to scan the car. Let us assume you used the correct replacement plugs (Note: A specific Laser Iridium Spark plug is usually recommended for this vehicle - see your user manual). Scan the car, especially the oxygen sensors and ensure you used good plugs before you proceed to other checks.

Autojoshng
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:59am On May 04, 2016
erico2k2:

Did this just come up?
Did you change anything relating to the brakes? ie brake pads?

No it did not just come up.
it should be like 2 weeks now.
I did not change anything relating to the breaks.

A mechanic told me it might be a sensor issue.

i plan to take it to a qualified mech sha to get it look at properly. just need to renew my papers.
Do you know what it might be?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by skyscrapper: 4:47pm On May 04, 2016
jimihendrix:

i plan to take it to a qualified mech sha to get it look at properly. just need to renew my papers.

Check ur pads,oil level,sensors,abs fuse,if all brake connected parts look OK..reboot ur abs system
.rebooting is done by removing your car negative battery terminal,unplug d abs socket from module..use contact spray on it..after 20 mins reconnected d abs..then the negative battery terminal..
If it doesn't wipe the light, try using a scan tool to generate the actual codes.Goodluck
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2016
jimihendrix:

I'm going to tell you the most important thing for you to do is to SCAN your car and post the fault codes here .That'd what even the manufacturers would do.So get down to biz with that then come back.
PS ;some Nigerian mechanics have scanners in thier eyes since 1860. What they do is fro parts at ur car in a trial and error manner and ur bank is getting lean by the hour.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2016
tolugar:

Anyone help friends?
I am sad to say here.if you have to change the rings in ur car ad a result of repair and not maintenance then ur car Engine is good as gone unless u want to rebuild the engine.be careful the way you spend money on that Engine.I did that with a BMW here in the UK and regretted it.so weigh the options. Check for the cost of a rebuilt engine or a fairly used one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tolugar: 9:53pm On May 05, 2016
erico2k2:

I am sad to say here.if you have to change the rings in ur car ad a result of repair and not maintenance then ur car Engine is good as gone unless u want to rebuild the engine.be careful the way you spend money on that Engine.I did that with a BMW here in the UK and regretted it.so weigh the options. Check for the cost of a rebuilt engine or a fairly used one.

Thanks bro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mejustdey: 1:47am On May 09, 2016
Please, what is the cost of direct tokumbo Nissan Almera sport car in lagos or when buying from Cotonou(the golf 3 like). Is the car rugged and easy to repair and maintain ?

1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seggzzy(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2016
Pls can someone give me good car battery brand that I can buy in Lagos. 12v, 75AH. Wet cell or dry cell which one to buy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Becca1merrills: 9:19pm On May 16, 2016
Hi, I'm wondering what to get my boyfriend for his birthday. He is a car enthusiast and currently owns a mk1 caddy and a G40 polo, I'm hoping to get him something to do with one of his cars or if anyone can think of anything different/better. He also loves motorbikes. greatly appreciated. x
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fh100: 10:49am On May 17, 2016
iam driving a porsche cayenne base 2012 for over two years now and i really love driving it. but something happened for the past few days now. a friend bought a land rover range rover sport supercharge 2008 model. he toke it at my house the other day and i drove it for a full day.. so rite now i love the range i want to change my car . but i am still like confused. should i stay with my porsche or change to the range. this my problem...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AutoJoshNG: 10:21pm On May 17, 2016
fh100:
iam driving a porsche cayenne base 2012 for over two years now and i really love driving it. but something happened for the past few days now. a friend bought a land rover range rover sport supercharge 2008 model. he toke it at my house the other day and i drove it for a full day.. so rite now i love the range i want to change my car . but i am still like confused. should i stay with my porsche or change to the range. this my problem...

Hello Fh100,

From 2012 Porsche Cayenne to 2008 Range Rover Sport sounds like a no! no!

Forward ever my brother. If your Cayenne seems too basic for you, changing the wheels and tyres alone should make a significant difference.

Autojoshng
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by derock533: 10:35am On May 18, 2016
Please i need Urgent assistance....I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander and its giving me headaches. When the car is Park Mode and the Engine is ON, it sounds so sweet and calm. But once its engaged on Drive mode, and you try to move the car it will make a pop pop sound and jerk on first movement from the air filter box. Once it succeeds in moving, it will accelerate well until you stop and same problem will surface again.

The plugs are firing well.

Please how can i get out of this problem.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by S4d1q: 1:18am On May 22, 2016
Guy please help me out I need a suggestion based on experience, I'm a student want to buy a new car and I've problem choosing.. anyway, my choice is either C-class 2004 or 406 EW12.
Which one will I go for??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:24am On May 22, 2016
S4d1q:
Guy please help me out I need a suggestion based on experience, I'm a student want to buy a new car and I've problem choosing.. anyway, my choice is either C-class 2004 or 406 EW12.

avoid the peugeot.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 6:12am On May 22, 2016
S4d1q:

Avoid that peugeot, if you're using a C class as a student, in sure you've got some cash. But I'd advice you avoid American specs do a German spec and avoid a C230 kompressor or a 7 Gtroniv in early models C class.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Zonto231(m): 7:05am On May 22, 2016
Hi Guys,I will love to acquire the knowledge of repairing auto transmission gear box of the latest models of cars.Location(Lagos or Ibadan)Please Does anyone know of a Good place I can do that
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dino2006(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2016
Hello guys. I drive a camry 2000, and service with oil SAE 5w30. Looks like the oil is scarce in the market. Pls What alternative oil spec will be compatible with my engine? Or is not advisable to change oil spec? Cc Gazzuzz Cc kingreign Cc lomomike

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.