Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521657 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:27pm On May 23, 2016
dino2006:
Hello guys. I drive a camry 2000, and service with oil SAE 5w30. Looks like the oil is scarce in the market. Pls What alternative oil spec will be compatible with my engine? Or is not advisable to change oil spec? Cc Gazzuzz Cc kingreign Cc lomomike

it is readily available

https://www.nairaland.com/2957983/engine-oils-made-u.s-available
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AndroidCare(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2016
Best gadget for those that love their cars: car scratch repair pen AKA fix it pro cheesy

fix it pro is a universal car scratch repair pen. the easiest to use and perfectly working.

It will automatically clear the scratch on your car paint avoiding horrible looks on your car body wink

Easy, simple and convenient to use

Portable, non-toxic and environmental

Safely removing scratches from your car's surface

Featuring permanent, odorless and water resistant

still insist it is a necessary item for car lovers and drivers

Excellent design for clearing coat scratch repair

And can be used on any car, in any color

How to Use:

Shake the pen applicator thoroughly with cap on.

Apply the pen in shaded area.

Prime the applicator on a separate surface.

With tip pointed down, press and release the spring tip on a surface until the tip is saturated.

Note:

Protect the tip from sunlight.
Keep away from children and babies.

For more enquirers questions and order placement please call 08102129531

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by somtee747(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2016
Hey, u guys should check out this car blog, it gives you d lastest car news and gist in naija and beyond.
Staniswheels..com.ng
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by femi9naija(m): 7:25am On May 26, 2016
I drive a solara 2000, ever since i had issues with my fuel pump while on a journey and was treated by a roadside mechanic, my car hasn't been in good shape.
I noticed that if i start the car in the morning, the RPM drops till the car shuts off. It continues to do that until i press down on the gas a little to stabilize the RPM.
My mechanic has changed the fuel pump, also the spark plugs coil. He's also adjusted the 'slow' but once i load the car with AC, the car starts vibrating and the RPM keeps fluctuating like the car is going to shut off again (all while not pressing on the gas).
We also noticed the alternator wasn't in good conditions, changed that also.

To the gurus in the house (CC Gazzuzz, Ikenna, Siena et al) come to my aid oooo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On May 26, 2016
femi9naija:
I drive a solara 2000, ever since i had issues with my fuel pump while on a journey and was treated by a roadside mechanic, my car hasn't been in good shape.
I noticed that if i start the car in the morning, the RPM drops till the car shuts off. It continues to do that until i press down on the gas a little to stabilize the RPM.
My mechanic has changed the fuel pump, also the spark plugs coil. He's also adjusted the 'slow' but once i load the car with AC, the car starts vibrating and the RPM keeps fluctuating like the car is going to shut off again (all while not pressing on the gas).
We also noticed the alternator wasn't in good conditions, changed that also.

To the gurus in the house (CC Gazzuzz, Ikenna, Siena et al) come to my aid oooo

sounds like an iacv issue.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by femi9naija(m): 8:02am On May 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

sounds like an iacv issue.
Idle air control valve? How do I explain that to me mechanic for him to understand?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaskulboy(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2016
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DaCharis2016: 9:46pm On May 26, 2016
Honda 2001 model, Baby boy for sale Automatic with leather seat. Condition; Nigerian use, very clean.
Price; N500,000 call; 07081817162

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seyiojomu(m): 11:44pm On May 26, 2016
Becca1merrills:
Hi, I'm wondering what to get my boyfriend for his birthday. He is a car enthusiast and currently owns a mk1 caddy and a G40 polo, I'm hoping to get him something to do with one of his cars or if anyone can think of anything different/better. He also loves motorbikes. greatly appreciated. x

Night driving googles sounds nice...not directly having anything to do with d cars though
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OZONOJOSH(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2016
Hi, am looking for a clean Nigerian used Toyota Highlander 2003 to buy. Please contact ozonoj@gmail.com.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:55am On Jun 03, 2016
dino2006:
Hello guys. I drive a camry 2000, and service with oil SAE 5w30. Looks like the oil is scarce in the market. Pls What alternative oil spec will be compatible with my engine? Or is not advisable to change oil spec? Cc Gazzuzz Cc kingreign Cc lomomike

Depending on your location and brand availability, for me, I can easily get a 5W30 oil.
Considering your engine mileage, (which I assume to be a minimum of 170,000, I'd advice you run a 5W40 oil.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cargurupro: 1:34am On Jun 05, 2016
Guys check www.americanautoonline.com bought my car from here and got it in 30 days you will love their service great car no damages pretty much brand new
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by yinklex2000: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Please house, I need the cost for a Toyota corolla 2009 model complete engine and option of half engine since my kick starter, alternator and other parts are still good.
The present one was damaged due to overheating and complications from the mechanic fixing it . regards

Please note it is a south African make.
Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sarang(f): 1:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Chev optra 2004.

What are the major things to look out for?

Please advice.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omopastorSegi(m): 8:43am On Jun 07, 2016
I wanna bake my Toyota Big daddy; any help pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LexxyTech: 1:31am On Jun 08, 2016
ADVERT- Nissan Xtera black 2005 model for sale at an affordable price
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/advert-from-anj-80-international.html
Notice!!! POST UTME HAS BEEN SCRAPPED BY JAMB SEE FULL INFORMATION
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/06/scrapping-of-post-utme-calamitous.html
also
i know you love movies pls who has seen the lattest prison break check out the lattest on prison break http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/fox-presents-reboot-of-prison-break.html
or also see before and after pictures of your favourite celebrity world wide
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/see-before-and-after-picture-of-your.html
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obitryce(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Please how do i locate the engine number for my 2005 Honda Pilot? Any ideas will be much appreciated thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vali1000: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
Pls guys, am finding it difficult choosing b/w buying a foreign used 03-07 corolla and a nigeria used 07-2010 camry. I need your candid advice pls, hence they'll de almost the same cost.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vali1000: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
vali1000:
Pls guys, am finding it difficult choosing b/w buying a foreign used 03-07 corolla and a nigeria used 07-2010 camry. I need your candid advice pls, hence they'll de almost the same cost.

Am still waiting for your advice pls guys.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rickeys: 12:06am On Jun 17, 2016
Hi roomz
Pls to the experienced car users and car doctors i nid ur candid advice which of dis car is the best for me to buy for taxi business golf 3 or golf 4. Tanx
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by galantjoe(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
helo nairaland,

i bought nissan sentra 2002 model 4 months ago direct fairly used. the first problem it develop was brain box. i fixed it. later airflow-meter, i later fix it.

now it burn top gasket and water is always in the radiator. after the fixing the top gasket, it develop another fault the electrician said it has burn brain box again.

so my question is, is nissan sentra not strong car or does it has faulty electrical. why my car is keep burning brain-box. please help out with successful information.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2016
vali1000:

You can check out my blog I just did a review of both of them www.autoreviewnaija.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Sarang:
Chev optra 2004.

What are the major things to look out for?

Please advice.

I'll do a review on the car, just check my blog in two days from now. autoreviewnaija.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2016
galantjoe:
helo nairaland,

i bought nissan sentra 2002 model 4 months ago direct fairly used. the first problem it develop was brain box. i fixed it. later airflow-meter, i later fix it.

now it burn top gasket and water is always in the radiator. after the fixing the top gasket, it develop another fault the electrician said it has burn brain box again.

so my question is, is nissan sentra not strong car or does it has faulty electrical. why my car is keep burning brain-box. please help out with successful information.

I'll do a review for you on my blog check in two days from now. autoreviewnaija.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 9:51am On Jun 18, 2016
ONYECHUKWU:
Good day sirs/mas, am considering to buy Mercedes ml320, please i like to know if is economical in term of fuel consumption and maintenance.
Thanks.

I'll do a review for you on my blog in two days www.autoreviewnaija.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2016
for all those who need review or advice on what car to buy don't fail to post your request on my blog and you'll get a reply in two days
www.autoreviewnaija.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by galantjoe(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sylvaxxl1:

I'll do a review for you on my blog check in two days from now. autoreviewnaija.

Thank you. i will check as you promise
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
galantjoe:

Thank you. i will check as you promise

You can now check for the review @ www.autoreviewnaija.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by BiggSmoke: 11:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Does anyone of you have bought cars for Jiji?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ivobobul: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
BiggSmoke:
Does anyone of you have bought cars for Jiji?

I bought the car on the Jiji.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.