Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,338 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (517375 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Othniels: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
I am having disappointments with auction export . And i have written to them to express my displeasure. Please can anyone tell me how long it should take a car from Canada to arrive Nigeria.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dejimi(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2013
can anyone tell me d reason y an automatic car engine off when put to drive but enter reverse . (whenever I put it to reverse it will move but when put to drive the engine will off). can anyone know d reasone and then d solution to it plz. an expert contribution will be appreciated.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CHEECKENGINE: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
have u scan the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Othniels: 9:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Yeah your fuel Rover's consumption is normal! I used one before.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingschild123(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
@dejimi If you're lucky it's just low on
transmission fluid and you haven't
destroyed your transmission yet.
Transmission filter could also be
clogged. Check your transmission fluid
level soon!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by phyla(m): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2013
kingschild123: @phyla
"Scraping" sounds like brake pad wear
strips - "grinding" sounds like the
calipers have gotten into the rotors. If it
just started you should be alright - do
not continue driving the car without
having the brakes inspected and the
necessary repairs done. If calipers are into the rotors
expect to pay quite a bit more. Lesson -
pay attention - when the noise first
starts have your brakes inspected and
pads replaced!
There are brake pad wear strips on your
pads that are there to warn you when
the pads are worn - when you first start
hearing that noise the rotors are still OK
- they are designed for that purpose - to
keep you from continuing to drive the
car until the calipers get into the rotors.
I have just change the pad and I still hear an increasing sound when the speed increases.although,the brake master guy said the brake disk isn't smooth as its suppose to be that they need to tone it.Am just been careful cos most of those guys are full of guess works.Have u any idea what could be wrong.Pls snd me ur email.Tanx
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spotball(m): 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
hello NL, i drive a nissan maxima 1996 model. of recent d car just start jerking while am driving. it does not have a definite time or speed but when stationary it does not. i have changed the fuel filter but was told it may be the fuel pump.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hasalgolden9: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
I just drove an automatic car for the first time I seem to enjoy it , but I an afraid with the story that it is difficult to move an Auto car the moment it devlop any problem e.g you can not push to start. Is it this true or is there any other way one can move an auto car while in no motion.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spotball(m): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
wen an automatic transmission car develops a fault eg b3 ran down, u cant push it to start like a manual car but u can put the gear on neutral (N) and roll the car to a safe place. except u change the b3, the car will not start.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2013
dejimi: can anyone tell me d reason y an automatic car engine off when put to drive but enter reverse . (whenever I put it to reverse it will move but when put to drive the engine will off). can anyone know d reasone and then d solution to it plz. an expert contribution will be appreciated.
Have you checked you auto trans system?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2013
spotball: hello NL, i drive a nissan maxima 1996 model. of recent d car just start jerking while am driving. it does not have a definite time or speed but when stationary it does not. i have changed the fuel filter but was told it may be the fuel pump.
Come on man this is 2013 and you are still allowing these folks to do trial and error on ur car?? go and scan your car and come back here with the codes and we'll take it from there, remember always scan your car as the first option if anything goes wrong with ur car, its like blood test a Doc carries out when a patiant arrives.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by maximas(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
I need a car at 400k so urgent
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 12:54am On Nov 25, 2013
Hello All,
I need help please.
I use a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5S engine. Sometimes in October this year on my way to Epe via Ajah, my transmission fluid pipe disconnected from the source and my car stopped like 10 mins after the LBS. I got it fixed but all my transmission fluid gone. Right opposite Abraham Adesanye estate i saw an auto centre where i got transmission fluid. I was duly told it would work for my car and it did. However about a month later my car was hardly engaging in gears. So i decided to buy the Nissan NS-2 fluid. Removed all oil, washed the filter and the new oil of about 8litres filled in.
My car wont move into forward gear. Only reverse gear works.
I need advice. Does this mean i have lost my gear? I need a very good nissan service centre and possibly a towing service to take the car there. Anyone with good infor and advice please?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spotball(m): 1:26am On Nov 25, 2013
@erico2k2 thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
soljade80: Hello All,
I need help please.
I use a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5S engine. Sometimes in October this year on my way to Epe via Ajah, my transmission fluid pipe disconnected from the source and my car stopped like 10 mins after the LBS. I got it fixed but all my transmission fluid gone. Right opposite Abraham Adesanye estate i saw an auto centre where i got transmission fluid. I was duly told it would work for my car and it did. However about a month later my car was hardly engaging in gears. So i decided to buy the Nissan NS-2 fluid. Removed all oil, washed the filter and the new oil of about 8litres filled in.
My car wont move into forward gear. Only reverse gear works.
I need advice. Does this mean i have lost my gear? I need a very good nissan service centre and possibly a towing service to take the car there. Anyone with good infor and advice please?
No you have not, however like I said up there, go and SCAN your car and come back with the4 codes.DO it now.!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
spotball: @erico2k2 thanks
Waiting for your codes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
erico2k2:
No you have not, however like I said up there, go and SCAN your car and come back with the4 codes.DO it now.!!!

please do you have anyone you can recommend to me preferably today for this scan? I cant drive the car to any auto centre to do this for reason i mentioned above. Will not mind if the person can do this today in my car park.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
soljade80:

please do you have anyone you can recommend to me preferably today for this scan? I cant drive the car to any auto centre to do this for reason i mentioned above. Will not mind if the person can do this today in my car park.
Right in as much as I would have loved to, I cant as I live in England,however if you speak to the Auto Electricians in ur area they would be able to show you one with a hand held scanner that can come to your yard an scan it.what make and model have you got?Im talking bout your car here, and also get someone abroad to buy you a hand scanner, they are dead cheap.less that 10K
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2013
erico2k2:
Right in as much as I would have loved to, I cant as I live in England,however if you speak to the Auto Electricians in ur area they would be able to show you one with a hand held scanner that can come to your yard an scan it.what make and model have you got?Im talking bout your car here, and also get someone abroad to buy you a hand scanner, they are dead cheap.less that 10K

Thanks bro. I will do just that and feedback asap. This is like the very 1st social media with a sense of sense.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sup guys, earlier this month my mom gave me a Peugeot 504 car(I don't know the year of car but it should be around the 90's). The car still has its beauty but I think I want something better. Is there any possibility of getting a Honda or Toyota auto of recent time and at a good value of 2nd hand at a very cheap range of about 800k? am a student, that's why I don't have much to spend
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
KingMEXX: Sup guys, earlier this month my mom gave me a Peugeot 504 car(I don't know the year of car but it should be around the 90's). The car still has its beauty but I think I want something better. Is there any possibility of getting a Honda or Toyota auto of recent time and at a good value of 2nd hand at a very cheap range of about 800k? am a student, that's why I don't have much to spend
Chat to me we can work on smthing,I got a 2002 honda civic,its in lagos cleared at the port a wk ago.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 12:37am On Nov 27, 2013
erico2k2:
Hey bro. Am sending the scan result tomorrow morning. I really need the hand scanner. My friends there aint just into anything auto. I will be so glad if u can help me out please. Lemme know so i get across. please. Thanks bro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 12:55am On Nov 27, 2013
soljade80:
Hey bro. Am sending the scan result tomorrow morning. I really need the hand scanner. My friends there aint just into anything auto. I will be so glad if u can help me out please. Lemme know so i get across. please. Thanks bro.
tell ur friends to buy it off Ebay,are you in PH?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Milito: 4:47am On Nov 27, 2013
Hello peeps.
Kindly advise. I need to replace my tryes. I use a Baby Boy 98. My plan is to replace the two front tyres first & then the remaining 2 next month. My budget initially was like 25k.

I later stumbled on a thread where it was advised not to go for tyres in tht my range as its goin to be chinko tht can mess me up.

My vulcaniser was also bragging tht there is a place he can help me get 1st grade fairly used, set of 4 for just 20k. That its far better than new chinko tyres.

I'm planning to sell the car 3rd quarter next year, that is the reason I'm reluctant in considering standard brands like bridgestone, Michelin & others.

Seriously, I don't want tyres to embarrass me as I'd be travelling soon; and so I'm now considering stretching myself a lil & buy 2 standard tyres for now.

Pls where can I get in Lag. I don't want some unscrupulous businessmen to go & sell refurbished tyres for me as new.

Someone mentioned on a thread tht bridestone has a ware house at Apapa Oshodi express way (Iyana Isolo) but tht description is not detailed enough.

Can someone pls give me a detailed direction of where I can get in Lag. And an idea of the cost of each P195/65 tyre. Either micheline, bridestone or any other standard brand tht won't mess up.

Although I'm still considering my vulcanizer's set of 4 for just 20k grin grin since I'll be selling the ride next year.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 7:14am On Nov 27, 2013
erico2k2:
Nissan Altima 2007
Nissan VIN: 1N4BL21E37C107709
P1729 [0, 17, 26] PAST
P0746 PRS CVT SOL/A FCTN PAST
P0868 [0, 0, 8, 68] PAST
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by soljade80(m): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2013
erico2k2:
tell ur friends to buy it off Ebay,are you in PH?
I sent the scan result. No i am in Lagos actually. I am sure i will work it out. Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2013
soljade80:
I sent the scan result. No i am in Lagos actually. I am sure i will work it out. Thanks.
Ok seen not much I can do nw till i gt home as Im at work nw.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by orhuef: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2013
I need (automatic transmission fluid) ATF+4 for my grand cherokee, please where can I buy it in Lagos/Benin/Asaba?, what is the cost for either 1 or 4 litres?, your swift response will be very much appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olumide4christ: 2:54am On Dec 05, 2013
Greetings House,

Please I need your best opinions on this; I am considering getting an Infiniti I35 2002 or 2003. I read some reviews online about it, they seem to be positive. HOWEVER, I would like to know some facts about this vehicle - availability of parts in Lagos, ease of repair, reliability, fuel consumption, etc. I also notice that its not really a common vehicle in Nigeria despite its highly positive online reviews.

Please enlighten me more. Thanks.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Seun(m): 6:11am On Dec 05, 2013
olumide4christ: Greetings House,

Please I need your best opinions on this; I am considering getting an Infiniti I35 2002 or 2003. I read some reviews online about it, they seem to be positive. HOWEVER, I would like to know some facts about this vehicle - availability of parts in Lagos, ease of repair, reliability, fuel consumption, etc. I also notice that its not really a common vehicle in Nigeria despite its highly positive online reviews.

Please enlighten me more. Thanks.
you should post a new thread for this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nissparts(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
soljade80:
Nissan Altima 2007
Nissan VIN: 1N4BL21E37C107709
P1729 [0, 17, 26] PAST
P0746 PRS CVT SOL/A FCTN PAST
P0868 [0, 0, 8, 68] PAST

Contrary to what erico told you, you have lost your transmission.
The atf you got from the auto shop and used for a month was NOT NS-2 and I am sure you know that.
You are free to spend money wastefully on other attempts to fix this but hopefully you will go through my other posts and also explore the web to let you know I am sure of what I am saying.

Furthermore, please note that when you DO eventually get to change the transmission, the TCM's eeprom must be erased (re-programming) in order for it to work with your replacement or you'll be back looking for another replacement within 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.