Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (517387 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
3kay945:

It's reg. Rav4 02 model. The mileage is 124k plus but I don't trust it.
Also,.. I don't know what engine oil has been used before.
Thanks for responding Sir.

If the engine isn't smoking, what you will do is

1. You will buy a 10wxx and use, buy from a reputable brand, then check for two things

a. That the engine isn't smoking
b. That the engine isn't shortening oil

If those two things isn't happening, then you use 10Wxx again and the third oil change you use 5Wxx and confirm a and b for the car.

The reason is that if 20wxx was been used before and the engine is adapted to it already, switching straight to 5Wxx can cause irreparable damage to the engine.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bonz111: 12:38am On Dec 11, 2016
Cab driver wanted urgently at Apapa, Pls call 09050450042
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by faai(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello guyz. Can any one help wit qualify & experience auto mech in akure. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Korata: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
Es 350 lexus 2008 nigerian used. - How much can i get a 2008 es 350 nigerian use, and how much is the tokunbo on the average
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bobbybrains(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2016
Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 for sale. 08057238298

[center]7M but negotiable[/center].

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by agabusowl(m): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2016
nice thread
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
Good evening house, i have a slight problem..i took my mums car for AC repairs in Port Harcourt, the car has been having leakages for years now, so in the process of tracing the problem they had to dismantle virtually everything in the dashboard and also the Engine too. Eventually, they traced the leakage to the condenser and replaced it.

The problem now is that after coupling the dashboard, the dashboard gauges stopped working. They tried to solve the problem but all to no avail.
Is the problem solvable?

Toyota Rav4 2003 Model
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ovipop: 5:20am On Dec 13, 2016
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.
where can I find BMW USERS CHAT ROOM
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Okebarn: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2016
My car brings out smoke badly. What can be fix in the engine, can changing of the ring fix it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Okebarn:
My car brings out smoke badly. What can be fix in the engine, can changing of the ring fix it?
Don't bother changing ring cos it doesn't last ,just change the engine and move.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Okebarn:
My car brings out smoke badly.
What can be fix in the engine, can changing of the ring fix it?
Don't bother changing ring cos it doesn't last, professional engine overall personnel are scarce and they will charge you more than buying a new tokunbo engine ,just change the engine and move on.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Okebarn:
My car brings out smoke badly.
What can be fix in the engine, can changing of the ring fix it?
Don't bother changing ring cos it doesn't last. Real engine overall personnel are scarce and they will charge you more than buying a new tokunbo engine ,just change the engine and move on.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Okebarn: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
honmusa:

Don't bother changing ring cos it doesn't last ,just change the engine and move.
thanks
i will work towards getting a tokunbo engine, no much money for nw. How long do u think the ring can last?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good day house, Please i need advise for a first car, between 2005 Corolla or 2007 Honda Civic, which is better for a 1st car, taking into consideration both cars being Nigerian Used. Thanks CC GAZZUZZ and other car gurus help a brother
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abimotech(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2016
Good morning, pls what's differents Between high mileage oil mobil 1 10w-40 and Mobil 1 life 0w-40,i want to service my Engine Mileage on Honda CRV 2001 is 143010,pls adivce
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autotrader2: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2016
abimotech:
Good morning, pls what's differents Between high mileage oil mobil 1 10w-40 and Mobil 1 life 0w-40,i want to service my Engine Mileage on Honda CRV 2001 is 143010,pls adivce

So who told you that the recommended oil is 10w-40?

Open the bonnet and confirm the required oil type on the engine oil cap.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olurotimi(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
Please anyone have an idea how much a complete engine and gear will cost for a 2003 Ford E150 Bus ? Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dejavoonaija(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
dubem3:
hi Ikenna!
been some time oh.
I think you should just allow the chat thread develop. I think I know what ur trying to do but leave the option open. Unless u wanna close down the chat thread and maintain those individual threads that serve as mini chats threads.
How have you been?

http://carreg.com.ng/product-list.php?pg1-cid48.html

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
hello good evening house, please can anyone here tell me where i can. do diagnose of my car and at the same time they can help me correct all improper connections in the car. I want to revert my back to factory setting and fix the problem. of high fuel. consumption. once and for all. please and please I need a good place to do this.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Afolabisemiu:
hello good evening house, please can anyone here tell me where i can. do diagnose of my car and at the same time they can help me correct all improper connections in the car. I want to revert my back to factory setting and fix the problem. of high fuel. consumption. once and for all. please and please I need a good place to do this.

You have no problem, I can help you
1. Scan
2. Fix
3. Diagnosis
And it's free, as I am offering Christmas bonanza. My head office is in Aleppo, Syria, but I also run an outlet in sambissa forest. Waiting to serve you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abimotech(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
Hello home, which of these mobil oil 5w 30 and 0w 40,is thicker

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Afolabisemiu:
call autologic @08061166316 .Best professional in diagnosis and autoelectrical repair.
Workshop @ Charlie boy bus stop ,along Gbagada oshodi expressway ,Lagos.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 8:11am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks honmusa, God. bless you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nomaison(m): 6:41am On Dec 19, 2016
Good morning great minds, I drive a 1993 Honda accord. the car was in top shape until recently i started noticing the level at which it drains engine oil and also the white smoke that comes from the exus. I met my mechanec and he suggested I ring the engine and another friend recommended changing the engine entirely. I am in a fix now on whether to ring the engine or buying a new engine. please I need your candid advice on this. also how much will it cost me to get a Honda engine? I resite in kafanchan Kaduna state. thank you in anticipation of your comments.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2016
nomaison:
Good morning great minds, I drive a 1993 Honda accord. the car was in top shape until recently i started noticing the level at which it drains engine oil and also the white smoke that comes from the exus. I met my mechanec and he suggested I ring the engine and another friend recommended changing the engine entirely. I am in a fix now on whether to ring the engine or buying a new engine. please I need your candid advice on this. also how much will it cost me to get a Honda engine? I resite in kafanchan Kaduna state. thank you in anticipation of your comments.
Get another Honda engine.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 9:39am On Dec 19, 2016
@nomaison, if you have the capacity to change the engine, better do. That will give u more guarantee. a lasting. rest of mind. All you need to do is to ensure you get a good Tokunbo engine and a good mechanic probably an expert and a good auto-technician who can adequately install the engine while the technician will do good wiring of the engine.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by comradethehack: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hello,
Please anyone here have an idea where I can buy the 1968-1981 Volkswagen Beetle aka Ijapa..If you know any body that has one sitting idle in his compound or for sale or any driving school willing to dispose of their please let me know thank you

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Autopartz: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
olurotimi:
Please anyone have an idea how much a complete engine and gear will cost for a 2003 Ford E150 Bus ? Thanks.

Hello,

You can visit www.autopartz.com for the Engine price, and select Ford (Make) E150 (Model) and 2003 (Year) in the 'Specify Vehicle' area. Then search for Engine (Complete) in the Engine Category OR type it in the search box.

A list of registered and verified Ford E150 2003 Engine dealers in their respective associations would be displayed.

Click on a few of them to get their contact details for the average cost.

2 Surulere auto parts dealers are currently listed.

Thanks.
www.autopartz.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babababa1: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2016
Please all could you kind advice me on the type of transmission
fluid, filter and engine oil I can confidently use for my
hyundai Sonata 2000 model 16v 2.4l engine 4 plugs
with auto transmission. I eagerly await your response on
my query. Cheers.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Unionised(m): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Abeg, I don tire to dey donate for my mechanic.

Rav4 2003 version

My Stabilizer Rod has broken again! That is my Christmas present from him. Car just came back yesterday from his workshop. I noticed some strange sounds under the hood and imediately called him to take it away. It spent 3 days with him before he certified it ok. Now I've just driven the thing for 20 minutes and rod is broken! Grrrrrrrrr

Admitted my road is not the smoothest but 3 times broken in a year?

Something is amiss jare!

I need a new mechanic joor. No, I need an engineer.

Any one?

Let me list the issues you will be tackling now:

1. Fix my broken rod while tracing the source of the problem. I believe the system is not really balanced.

2. The drivers window makes some serious queeky noise while winding up or down, and this after some surgery last month. SMH.

3. The car drags alot. I know this because the mechanic says the fuel filter/pump is dirty whenever I complain. He cleans or changes them, I enjoy a smooth ride for say a week or two, then we are back to square one.

4. Engjne has been tropicalised (their word ooo). It means my fans are running riot. Hate that noise! Abeg, I need a temperature regulator, abi na thermostat? My mech says the car will over-heat if I try it. Well, yeah, I want to try it now.

Any takers please?

I stay in Lagos.

My playgrounds are Ikeja, Alausa, Agege, Ishage and environs.

....?....

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.