Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521748 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 3:55pm On May 15, 2017
am using same golf 3 ever since am on it in my area with ac the temperature dont use to come up But i put it to test by going a long miles i drove about 30 from lagos to ifo when about to get to Ifo i notice my Temperature Gauge rise to 70 degree then heat start coming out i was force to park and after toping the water i off the AC and the temperature back to Normal but what i notice is that after moving on again and i on the ac The gauge started moving till 70 again untill i off it before it drop down again what is the matter please
and if am within my area the guage never raiise up with AC on
please all kindly reply
thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2017
pufframmy:

am using same golf 3 ever since am on it in my area with ac the temperature dont use to come up But i put it to test by going a long miles i drove about 30 from lagos to ifo when about to get to Ifo i notice my Temperature Gauge rise to 70 degree then heat start coming out i was force to park and after toping the water i off the AC and the temperature back to Normal but what i notice is that after moving on again and i on the ac The gauge started moving till 70 again untill i off it before it drop down again what is the matter please
and if am within my area the guage never raiise up with AC on
please all kindly reply
thanks

Your cars normal optimum temperature should be around 90 that's in the middle if I remember correctly we asked you to snap a pix of your temp Guage let us see.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 10:11pm On May 15, 2017
nurey:

Your cars normal optimum temperature should be around 90 that's in the middle if I remember correctly we asked you to snap a pix of your temp Guage let us see.

1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 10:22pm On May 15, 2017
it reach the middle point while The AC was on after about 30 minute driving nonstop before i park to let the gas of the heat pressure comes down before i added water to it but while i park i notice that my fan was not working then i saw the connector that makes the fan to work i fix it and the fan started working back ,
but what is bothering me is that after some minute on road again with ac on the gauge will rise to 70, as it reaches that i use to off the Ac back, cause i dont want it to over it again but then the Fan was working perfectly..

secondly
while driving around my area with AC on the Gauge always stays down not even 10 % up on temperature guage i need you all to give me idea
thanks all
[quote author=pufframmy post=56557482][/quote]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:04am On May 16, 2017
pufframmy:
it reach the middle point while The AC was on after about 30 minute driving nonstop before i park to let the gas of the heat pressure comes down before i added water to it but while i park i notice that my fan was not working then i saw the connector that makes the fan to work i fix it and the fan started working back ,
but what is bothering me is that after some minute on road again with ac on the gauge will rise to 70, as it reaches that i use to off the Ac back, cause i dont want it to over it again but then the Fan was working perfectly..

secondly
while driving around my area with AC on the Gauge always stays down not even 10 % up on temperature guage i need you all to give me idea
thanks all

obviously your car has been kazeemized
1. you use water as against coolant
2. you top up regularly the water, its either water is evaporating or there is a leak
3. the fan stopped working because things became too hot and fuses and wires were melting, thats the down side of running fans directly
4. your car isnt reaching optimum temperature, the needle should sit in the middle, not below, not above eevn while AC is on and the car running for six hours.

look at the pix i uploaded for where the guage should be it should be where the red dot is on my pix also was the car bought as Nigerian used?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SKIPCY(m): 3:56pm On May 16, 2017
pls can i get a good toyota camry (pencil light) in d price range of 400 to 450k?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fourtnee(m): 3:34am On May 17, 2017
Acura mdx or rx 300.
Which is a better car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:26am On May 17, 2017
fourtnee:
Acura mdx or rx 300.
Which is a better car?
Learn a few things from the past to make an informed decision in your future. Link provided Goodluck.

https://www.nairaland.com/2033227/honda-pilot-acuda-mdx-toyota

https://www.nairaland.com/1507513/guys-really-need-sincere-advice

https://www.nairaland.com/2945661/need-advice-rx-330ford-edge
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bolarinwa020779: 9:45am On May 17, 2017
White Colored double cabin Toyota Hilux, 2015 Model, with a carry boy (tarpaulin like cover) with registration number FKJ 98 EC, Engine number 2TR8003961 and Chassis number AHTFX22G708029673 was stolen from my residence on Sunday May 14, 2017.
I want to plead with you to kindly be on the look out should you have an individual or agent that wants to advertise a sale of the vehicle on your platform. Just incase that happens, kindly get in touch with me Bolarinwa on 08051212046 or the nearest Police station. Thanks much
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bolarinwa020779: 9:46am On May 17, 2017
White Colored double cabin Toyota Hilux, 2015 Model, with a carry boy (tarpaulin like cover) with registration number FKJ 98 EC, Engine number 2TR8003961 and Chassis number AHTFX22G708029673 was stolen from my residence (Emmanuel High Street, Off Ogudu Road, Ogudu Ojota, Lagos) on Sunday May 14, 2017.
I want to plead with you to kindly be on the look out should you have an individual or agent that wants to advertise a sale of the vehicle on this platform. Just in case that happens, kindly get in touch with me Bolarinwa on 08051212046 or the nearest Police station. Thanks much. A handsome reward awaits. God bless
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Populus: 2:26pm On May 17, 2017
Please can anyone recommend an Autoshop(preferably around Festac Town) where I can scan a 1996 Toyota Camry. I understand it's not OBD II. Most shops only have devices for scanning OBD II compliant vehicles. I need to scan it ASAP. Seems like the Catalyst is faulty/bad.
Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by BenZyncla(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2017
Are you interested in earning good residual income in Real Estate any times you get people that acquire any genuine estate property/land? Many do this aside their regular jobs and earns good 6 digits and millions in such Real Estate residual income even in a single deal. WE ONLY NEED SERIOUS MINDED PEOPLE WHO WANTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SUCCESS IN THIS BUSINESS. The opportunity is not for everyone.

If You Desire Financial Freedom Through Real Estate, Please WhatsApp +2348027390046
OR Contact Signature.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by B734: 5:48pm On May 17, 2017
Pls this is my first time on naira land n really appreciate it,its nice to be in a forum like this. I pray this kind of gesture continue. Pls i can i get a good Camry car 2009 direct Belgium and a little bit cheap
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hala(m): 10:57pm On May 20, 2017

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pyroclast(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2017
Pristinemind:
Please I need the services of a good auto technician to go along with me for a car inspection.

Have you found one?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pyroclast(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2017
B734:
Pls this is my first time on naira land n really appreciate it,its nice to be in a forum like this. I pray this kind of gesture continue. Pls i can i get a good Camry car 2009 direct Belgium and a little bit cheap
You should work with a budget
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by XINZ: 10:48pm On May 25, 2017
Shots taken, bruh. Its even better your return them back. gringrin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by franklin93(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2017
Hello guys, trust your all doing fine. Pls I need a simple answer to my complaint.

I own a Peugeot 406 V6 3.0, Manual Trans & sometimes I experience some vibrations on the pedals (clutch, brake & accelerator) especially after climbing sth like a speed bump or after driving on a rough road & in extreme conditions when the road is too rough it makes my brakes to fail even when you apply them & almost immediately, it releases back again. More so, I see brake fault on my on board screen. Can anyone one suggest possible issue or problem I am facing & how I can fix it. I hope to get a reply ASAP. Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 29, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hala(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olasmith10(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2017
Medical equipment sales and delivery; manual and digital sphygmomanometer, patients wheelchair, stretcher, blood pressure monitor, syringes, cannula and catheters( 3 way catheters available), endoscopic devices, glucose monitors,ontology sponges, medical defibrillators, clinical swabs, stethoscopes and speculum, CAR FIRST AID BOX, ETC
Call us today..08168529179

Email; MikeandMegmedicals@yahoo.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2017
contact me if want to BUY or CLEAR CARS 09051667474 or atelyemmanuel@yahoo.com. Please to meet your acquaintance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2017
V/Wagen Sharon 1999 and Peugeot 406 2000 for sale contact 09051667474 or atelyemmanuel@yahoo.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fixzylani: 8:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Hello Guys, I need help pls.

I use a Chrysler town and country 2008. Nowadays, the car takes a while to start, sometimes it wont start until the third or 4th try, sometimes when i am driving and i slow down, the car just goes off, i try to start and it starts, nowadays when i park for less than 5 mins, if i try to start, it doesnt come on. They asked me to change plugs, i did, they asked me to change fuel pump, i did. Just yesterday, the etc light came on and it stays on. I dont know what to do pls. Can anyone help?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good afternoon Guys.
I have a small problem with my car. I was advised to reconnect my fan to relay and put thrmostat in my car, i was told it is the best for fuel economy and avoid continous working of fan. but ever since ive returned the fan to relay and thermostat in the radiator hose, Ive observed the following.
1. I keep topping my reserviour virtually every other day especially when i go far distance.
2. My temperature guage usually goes beyond the half temp guage and try to go higher when I climb a hill or brigde.
3. I feel my engine becomes hotter than normal, though relapses and I've not really experinced over-heating but My mechanic is warning me that better I return it to direct or I am riskying headcasket burn.
4. When I speed for like 15 t 20 minutes, the moment I slow down I see that the temperature guage rises.
5. But one thing I noticed is that if I switch-on my AC, the temp guage never ever go beyond half. No matter the distance, never. Could it be the thermoswitch?
And when the fan was direct I never experinced this.
Though I observe that water in the reserviour usually gets dirty. If I remove the reserviour and wash, put new water, it will get dirty after a week. I once met a raditor mechanic, he said I need to blow or remove the raditor for proper cleaning, and that after that I can buy coolant and put it inside. pls any help here?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Afolabisemiu:
Good afternoon Guys.
I have a small problem with my car. I was advised to reconnect my fan to relay and put thrmostat in my car, i was told it is the best for fuel economy and avoid continous working of fan. but ever since ive returned the fan to relay and thermostat in the radiator hose, Ive observed the following.
1. I keep topping my reserviour virtually every other day especially when i go far distance.
2. My temperature guage usually goes beyond the half temp guage and try to go higher when I climb a hill or brigde.
3. I feel my engine becomes hotter than normal, though relapses and I've not really experinced over-heating but My mechanic is warning me that better I return it to direct or I am riskying headcasket burn.
4. When I speed for like 15 t 20 minutes, the moment I slow down I see that the temperature guage rises.
5. But one thing I noticed is that if I switch-on my AC, the temp guage never ever go beyond half. No matter the distance, never. Could it be the thermoswitch?
And when the fan was direct I never experinced this.
Though I observe that water in the reserviour usually gets dirty. If I remove the reserviour and wash, put new water, it will get dirty after a week. I once met a raditor mechanic, he said I need to blow or remove the raditor for proper cleaning, and that after that I can buy coolant and put it inside. pls any help here?
if you lose water/coolant then tehre is a leak, you need to look for the leak.
chk pipes,
radiator
radiator cover
water pump and its surrounds.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by okpobe: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
my camry 2008 is doing slow running and sometimes stop while on high speed, somebody please help what do i do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
V/Wagen Sharon 2001 for sale 1,100,000 negotiable, no custom duty. Contact me for buying and clearing of cars 09051667474 or atelyemmanuel@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.