Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,373 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (520737 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaplus: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2017
[,,,][/color]
Good day to all the gentleman/ladies, and to the car gurus and experts. Your comments and advice here have been of immeasurable benefit. Please kindly help with your superior wealth of experience.
I plan to buy a neatly used Ford Focus (2000-2004 model) in two months time. The main reason is I need a 'small' car, easy to maintain, but still with a little comfort/style. I already drive an Akura 3.2TL, but it eats deep in my pocket (fuel-wise). So I need need a smaller car for some runs and even long journeys sometimes. My gurus, do u think the Ford Focus is OK , in terms of fuel consumption, long distance trip, less issues? Thanks as u kindly help a brother.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
my own is anyone that has car he or she aint using should come n dash me

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tope9002000: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
I want to convert Benz C200 KOMPRESSOR rhd to lhd. Pls how much will it cost me to do it. Pls reply
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
tope9002000:
I want to convert Benz C200 KOMPRESSOR rhd to lhd. Pls how much will it cost me to do it. Pls reply
Bross there are no car converter on NL, we have mechanics thats it.if you are in Nigeria the best place to inquire from is Ladipo market,if you are based abroad your best line of action is to buy all your parts load them in the car and ship down here so that all you pay for is labour.
In other news what you will find here are great resources as to what is need for your conversion.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
Kaplus:
[,,,][/color]
Good day to all the gentleman/ladies, and to the car gurus and experts. Your comments and advice here have been of immeasurable benefit. Please kindly help with your superior wealth of experience.
I plan to buy a neatly used Ford Focus (2000-2004 model) in two months time. The main reason is I need a 'small' car, easy to maintain, but still with a little comfort/style. I already drive an Akura 3.2TL, but it eats deep in my pocket (fuel-wise). So I need need a smaller car for some runs and even long journeys sometimes. My gurus, do u think the Ford Focus is OK , in terms of fuel consumption, long distance trip, less issues? Thanks as u kindly help a brother.
Invest in the VW POlo, very fuel friendly. 1.2 and 1.4ltr Engine.The Ford focus is a 1.6 up to 2 ltr Engine ltr Engine
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaplus: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Invest in the VW POlo, very fuel friendly. 1.2 and 1.4ltr Engine.The Ford focus is a 1.6 up to 2 ltr Engine ltr Engine

OK thanks, I will check the VW Polo out to see how 'roomy' it is too.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2017
tope9002000:

Where is your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by funlord(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
I have 6 of these one year old 2015 KIA Rio sedans to sell on behalf of the kaduna state governors office in the next one month! Pay and waka in under an hour! All at give away fixed prices!

Fully insured, papered up, with tracking and private listening security! Get at me with the what's app number on my profile only if interested!

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
guys,

please who has an idea of the following parts for a toyota highlander 2003

1. fender - right side
2. side mirror - right side
3. glass (front and back) - right side
4. rear light - right side

thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2017
lexini:
guys,

please who has an idea of the following parts for a toyota highlander 2003

1. fender - right side
2. side mirror - right side
3. glass (front and back) - right side
4. rear light - right side

thank you.

Your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
How efficient (fuel-wise),cost of maintenance and durable is Mazda 626F considering the Nigerian terrain?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Goldprince:
How efficient (fuel-wise),cost of maintenance and durable is Mazda 626F considering the Nigerian terrain?
Engine size
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oyejohn: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
My sienna 2000 won't start even after it cranks fine...the mech checked the fuel pump and said the pressure is low..hope its something that can be resolved sirs...plus how much is a sienna 2000 fuel pump
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
oyejohn:
My sienna 2000 won't start even after it cranks fine...the mech checked the fuel pump and said the pressure is low..hope its something that can be resolved sirs...plus how much is a sienna 2000 fuel pump
Thanks

I heard it's around 8k for a tokunbo. But let him check the relay close to the pump first and confirm it's in working condition. If the relay is bad, the fuel pump will not work. After relay change check the EFI fuse too just incase
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oyejohn: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
nurey:

I heard it's around 8k for a tokunbo. But let him check the relay close to the pump first and confirm it's in working condition. If the relay is bad, the fuel pump will not work. After relay change check the EFI fuse too just incase

OK sir he will tomorrow sir...I know so little about about cars thank God for you..Sir hope its a something that can be solved thanks sir
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
oyejohn:

OK sir he will tomorrow sir...I know so little about about cars thank God for you..Sir hope its a something that can be solved thanks sir

Let him confirm the relay 1st before condemning the fuel pump
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by justifiedcoyy(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2017
good morning all.. please, my Nissan primera stops while driving, let's say after about 2km, when I opened d burnet to check, I observed the radiator gets too.hot, when I allow. it cool. and open d radiator cover, the water doesn't dry, still filled but very hot.

after leaving the car for about an hour, it will.move another few km and stop again. the radiator fan is working.

my mechanic doesn't sound convincing about what the.issue is. I'm. confused myself. don't know if that's overheating or something related.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hello car experts
Please I did a scan on my camry it brought out error code P0031 ho25 Heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor.
Please I need help solving this issue. What does this mean for the car and also how to solve it.
Thanks in advance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
vidicious:
Hello car experts
Please I did a scan on my camry it brought out error code P0031 ho25 Heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor.
Please I need help solving this issue. What does this mean for the car and also how to solve it.
Thanks in advance

in the pix, that part tagged 2 is what is faulty, reason for the code

check the wiring leading to it and away from it, it could have been cut probably due to contact with the hot exhaust body, or the plug is faulty or so but confirm first i read that it is suppose to be giving out must not be below 0.8A you can only confirm with voltmeter.

The noticeable issue is high fuel consumption since its work has been cut off the ECU will not received the required info for proper air fuel mixture

(https://www.obd-codes.com/p0031)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2017
@nurey thanks so much for the explanations. Please I have to ask is this also responsible for the vsc warning light that is also on?

nurey:

in the pix, that part tagged 2 is what is faulty, reason for the code

check the wiring leading to it and away from it, it could have been cut probably due to contact with the hot exhaust body, or the plug is faulty or so but confirm first i read that it is suppose to be giving out must not be below 0.8A you can only confirm with voltmeter.

The noticeable issue is high fuel consumption since its work has been cut off the ECU will not received the required info for proper air fuel mixture

(https://www.obd-codes.com/p0031)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
vidicious:
@nurey thanks so much for the explanations. Please I have to ask is this also responsible for the vsc warning light that is also on?

vsc is vehicle stability control, the ABS needs to be scanned, the technician will take it from there, it could be as simple as a faulty sensor or complex. Only a scan and knowledgeable technician can help you here
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lexini: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
lagos @kingreign

kingreign:

Your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
lexini:
lagos @kingreign

Gazzuzz can assist. Just call him up on 08033910382
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chibzee2: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please is anyone on any car sales WhatsApp group, I need a certain vehicle urgently.
Please add me on 07039117836
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
Chibzee2:
Please is anyone on any car sales WhatsApp group, I need a certain vehicle urgently.
Please add me on 07039117836
You have a wider reach here. Why not post details of what you want here?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babababa1: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please does anyone know any good gear rewire or gear mechanic in ibadan. I need to fix my hundai sonata that doesn't select gear well especially on hill. It's beyond my mechanic and somebody suggested I take it to a gear expert.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2017
babababa1:
Please does anyone know any good gear rewire or gear mechanic in ibadan. I need to fix my hundai sonata that doesn't select gear well especially on hill. It's beyond my mechanic and somebody suggested I take it to a gear expert.

angry
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chibzee2: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
timifakay:

You have a wider reach here. Why not post details of what you want here?
Alright man, can anyone make available a very very cheap clean used mitsubishi l300 bus for urgent purchase.
In the east preferably.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 4:00am On Oct 07, 2017
Chibzee2:

Alright man, can anyone make available a very very cheap clean used mitsubishi l300 bus for urgent purchase.
In the east preferably.
I hope so...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 4:01am On Oct 07, 2017
babababa1:
I suggest you replace the gearbox. Fixing gears is a complete gamble.
By the way, I'm in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28am On Oct 07, 2017
babababa1:

scan transmission

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hadefunke86(f): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hi nairalanders,pls my husband needs someone who can assist him on car hire.preferably toyota Camry in gud conditions. He has completed his registration with UBER.E just needs a car to kick starts and delivery terms will be agreed upon.thks....pls help a family u can watsap me on 07063816712

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.