Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (520887 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cutebiodun: 5:55am On Dec 14, 2017
computerglobal:
Don't hesitate to check vehicle history. Because every piece of information is important and valuable. Our reports help You to make better decisions.

Service still active and available

Sms/whatsapp +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

How much is auto diagnosis of Volvo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Dec 14, 2017
Cutebiodun:

How much is auto diagnosis of Volvo

computergloba will do it for free.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Urbino: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2017
I have a 2007 Acura TL. Car has had on/off issues with the throttle sensor. Manifests by the car idle but won't rev up or move. Used to be that when you switch off and restart the car, it begins to work again.

Lately, the problem has become really bad. Once it happens even if you restart the car 20 times it won't work now. Also the car goes off in the middle of the road when you slow down. Also goes off when you make hard turns. Very dangerous as it has happened on expressways and busy roads.

The electrician I engaged says the entire wiring system is bad and needs to be replaced along with the brain box. Cost is estimated at 120k.

Want to find out if that is the likely problem. And if it is, is this a fair price?

I had the car scanned and it threw up the following errors: P0506, P2122, P2176.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
Urbino:
I have a 2007 Acura TL. Car has had on/off issues with the throttle sensor. Manifests by the car idle but won't rev up or move. Used to be that when you switch off and restart the car, it begins to work again.

Lately, the problem has become really bad. Once it happens even if you restart the car 20 times it won't work now. Also the car goes off in the middle of the road when you slow down. Also goes off when you make hard turns. Very dangerous as it has happened on expressways and busy roads.

The electrician I engaged says the entire wiring system is bad and needs to be replaced along with the brain box. Cost is estimated at 120k.

Want to find out if that is the likely problem. And if it is, is this a fair price?

I had the car scanned and it threw up the following errors: P0506, P2122, P2176.
have you replaced anything B4? ie idle control motor? or Throttle sensor B4? by the way your PCN is fine as it is throwing codes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
twinskenny:
all of a sudden today my rx 300 start tripping off in traffic .. but when on motion it move well.. what could be the problem?
Bro scan your car first see what codes it comes up with.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro scan your car first see what codes it comes up with.

Okay baba
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Urbino: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
erico2k2:

have you replaced anything B4? ie idle control motor? or Throttle sensor B4? by the way your PCN is fine as it is throwing codes.

Car is in abuja. I've changed the throttle sensor twice before.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
Urbino:

with a new one or used ones?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by afangsoup: 3:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Stop throwing parts on that car, stop giving incompetent technicians that car to handle unless you wanna destroy it. Kingreign is in Abuja he is a member of nairaland, he is competent enough to handle that car. He even have a thread about car repairs here, I see no reason why you won't wanna give him a try.
https://www.nairaland.com/2649338/abuja-environs-remotely-follow-car/8
Urbino:

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tamzblaze(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
please I have a question.

Why do police..Nigerian Police to be precise,stop a passenger from making phone calls? Moreover he/she ain't d driver of the vehicle.
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
Good day everyone. Just two weeks ago, one of my radiator fan rotor got very hot and burnt off. I got the fan replaced. But since then I found out that I have to top up the water in the radiator every morning. Formerly, I top water every 3 to 4 days. I've checked for leakage but there's none. I'm opened to suggestion here. Kindly help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
Good day everyone, my mums toyota Rav 4 AC only chills well while the car is on motion. When it's on idle mode, you can hardly feel anything.

What could be the cause, took it to the mechanic today and they discovered that there's still gas in it. They suggested the compressor might be bad.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
chucksbadt:
Good day everyone, my mums toyota Rav 4 AC only chills well while the car is on motion. When it's on idle mode, you can hardly feel anything.

What could be the cause, took it to the mechanic today and they discovered that there's still gas in it. They suggested the compressor might be bad.

Your AC clutch system might be failing, so take it for a check, by this I mean your compressor
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kristolite:
Good day everyone. Just two weeks ago, one of my radiator fan rotor got very hot and burnt off. I got the fan replaced. But since then I found out that I have to top up the water in the radiator every morning. Formerly, I top water every 3 to 4 days. I've checked for leakage but there's none. I'm opened to suggestion here. Kindly help.
water can leak as vapour, steam, so you wont see.try and get someone to rev your Engine while in Park and look arround carfully, you might just find the leak, look fru all the Hose inlet outlet plus look arround your water pump as well.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
erico2k2:

Your AC clutch system might be failing, so take it for a check, by this I mean your compressor

The AC technician i visited earlier today said i should replace the compressor and it will cost me N35k.

Can AC compressors be worked on?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
chucksbadt:

The AC technician i visited earlier today said i should replace the compressor and it will cost me N35k.

Can AC compressors be worked on?
Just dont throw parts at it, you need to know whats wrong witht eh compressor, from waht you are saying it seems teh clutch on the compressor is the culprit, so see if that could be worked on, if not then you will have to change it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
erico2k2:

Just dont throw parts at it, you need to know whats wrong witht eh compressor, from waht you are saying it seems teh clutch on the compressor is the culprit, so see if that could be worked on, if not then you will have to change it.

Ok.....thanks for the feedback

Noted �
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by osarodon(m): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please my Corolla 2003 is showing p2716 code and I will like to know the possible fix.
Thanks for the anticipated support.

Note: Car still drives well but keeps popping that code immediately when I tried erasing code.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
osarodon:
Please my Corolla 2003 is showing p2716 code and I will like to know the possible fix.
Thanks for the anticipated support.

Note: Car still drives well but keeps popping that code immediately when I tried erasing code.
Get ur Solonoid checked,, this is responsible for your gear shift,it might get worse.They need to be taken out and tested,Im sure a good Mechanic would know what to do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by megacontrol(m): 1:43am On Dec 17, 2017
Thanks.
Do you or others know of any technician in the ajah/lekki axis that can help me check this out?
Its a regular 2008 Toyota Camry LE and this diagnosis seems like a basic one but i don't want to mess around with roadside mechs.

Will appreciate a referral to a technician that works with fault codes.

kingreign:
Check intake line, fuel supply pressure, if all Is fine, replace MAF
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by regularjoe8080(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nice forum, .. My name is Joseph am the manager to SKKB MOTORS LIMITED. SURULERE LAGOS. You can call in for mechanical repairs and body work and oven bake.....
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 3:28am On Dec 18, 2017
Hello people,

Please my car is having issues...Whenever I am about to drive out in the morning and the Ac p is on, even without ac, the car won't have pressure to move, I will even pedal it to the floor and still it won't move instead it will sometimes be making a blowing sound... I have changed the airflow sensor severally and also went for scanning twice, the last time of scanning not a single fault was discovered...

I am suspecting my exaust pipe, if it has broken because the last time i went to somewhere, the road was bad...

Please help people

A Toyota Ipsum
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
Thanks erico I really appreciate. There are no traces of water leakage on the floor because I do check the ground before starting the car in the morning. Still, I will have my hose and water pump checked and I will get back to you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stjsd(m): 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
stjsd:
Good day to you guys, pls I need an expert advice on my 2004 Toyota corolla. Suddenly the fuel consumption increase dramatically and it rough idle when ever I match the brake or pack the car with the AC and Gear engaged. I have changed the Nozzles and spark plugs, problem still remain. This evening I try something different by unplugging the idle control valve sensor and car run smoothly. Could it be that the idle control valve is bad? Thanks in anticipation of ur response.
DId You run a scan on your car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kristolite:
Thanks erico I really appreciate. There are no traces of water leakage on the floor because I do check the ground before starting the car in the morning. Still, I will have my hose and water pump checked and I will get back to you.
Great stuff however dnt be decieved, water leak is tricky, the tricky ones occur at
1 when the system is presurized
2 when the system is hot
these are the times to check for leaks!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stjsd(m): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
erico2k2:

DId You run a scan on your car?
No
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
stjsd:

No
Try and do that so that you will be paying attention to the faulty area!

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 12:33am On Dec 19, 2017
uchman:
Hello people,

Please my car is having issues...Whenever I am about to drive out in the morning and the Ac p is on, even without ac, the car won't have pressure to move, I will even pedal it to the floor and still it won't move instead it will sometimes be making a blowing sound... I have changed the airflow sensor severally and also went for scanning twice, the last time of scanning not a single fault was discovered...

I am suspecting my exaust pipe, if it has broken because the last time i went to somewhere, the road was bad...

Please help people

A Toyota Ipsum

Erico2k2 please help out
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 12:39am On Dec 19, 2017
uchman:

Erico2k2 please help out
I think you should go to a place where they have proper Diagnostic tools, there are people on here who do, what is your location?we got people on here who could be of help as regards scan.There is no need suggesting or throwing parts at your car when you do not know what is wrong, it would be guess work and that cost money.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stjsd(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Try and do that so that you will be paying attention to the faulty area!

Thanks alot bro. I did scan and discovered the 02 sensor is bad, knock sensor is also not functional including the throttle body also kind of stiff due to dirty.
I got all the sensors replaced and throttle body was clean. Car now runs soomthly.

Big thanks�
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
stjsd:

Thanks alot bro. I did scan and discovered the 02 sensor is bad, knock sensor is also not functional including the throttle body also kind of stiff due to dirty.
I got all the sensors replaced and throttle body was clean. Car now runs soomthly.

Big thanks�
Xcellent. See how Scan directs you to the culprits

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.