Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521026 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by FreshMekanik: 5:52am On Dec 21, 2017
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aumoria(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
Please who has experience with importing salvage vehicles from USA. Does the Nigerian authorities allow salvage vehicles into the country? What is the oldest model of vehicles allowed in?
Responses will be appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyaegin: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hello People, please advise.i went to view a 407 today, nigeria used it started well but makes a shrill fan belt sound when revved up, then shows depollution system faulty and power steering fault.any suggestions or advice please.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
iyaegin:
Hello People, please advise.i went to view a 407 today, nigeria used it started well but makes a shrill fan belt sound when revved up, then shows depollution system faulty and power steering fault.any suggestions or advice please.

Tell the owner to fix the impending issues or

Carry a competent mechanic to ascertain cost and stress of fixing the issues, minus from asking price, if the seller agrees if not make a final decision leave the car or buy uncertainty

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyaegin: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
nurey:

Tell the owner to fix the impending issues or

Carry a competent mechanic to ascertain cost and stress of fixing the issues, minus from asking price, if the seller agrees if not make a final decision leave the car or buy uncertainty

Thanks for the Tip.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
iyaegin:
Why you want to open your two koro koro eye buy problem I dnt know, since you aint a mechanic, never you buy a car with something to fix.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
aumoria:
Please who has experience with importing salvage vehicles from USA. Does the Nigerian authorities allow salvage vehicles into the country? What is the oldest model of vehicles allowed in?
Responses will be appreciated
The allow, you have to containerize it as well, they come under parts.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by deebrownneymar: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
iyaegin:

Please avoid that car. Peugeots are fine cars with lots of issues that reoocur.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ejunkie(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Brabus Nigeria gave us the GLE & C450 to drive to the Xmas Autofest. We ended up drag racing them on Akin Adesola, Victoria Island, Lagos.
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOysgPxW6U][/url]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by temi2008: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Need your advice.. Most car sites like OLX or Jiji I visit very often I discovered that Honda Civic 2007/08 model is a very nice with a good dash board but seems the price tag for the Nigerian used is very low (was expecting a higher price tag ). Want to ask is the car a good and sound one? Is it rugged too like the Toyota brands

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by temi2008: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
temi2008:
Need your advice.. Most car sites like OLX or Jiji I visit very often I discovered that Honda Civic 2007/08 model is a very nice with a good dash board but seems the price tag for the Nigerian used is very low (was expecting some thing higher). Want to ask is the car a good and sound one? Is it rugged too like the Toyota brands
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aumoria(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
erico2k2:

The allow, you have to containerize it as well, they come under parts.
Thanks for the response. When classified as parts will they have customs duty rate as clean cars?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
aumoria:

Thanks for the response. When classified as parts will they have customs duty rate as clean cars?
yes they do, it depends on the level of damage,You or your agent need to employ negotiation skills
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ndego1993: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Please I need help. I drive Toyota Camry 1999 model. Sometime last week, the car engine just went off while it was in motion. I tried to apply brake only to notice that it was stiff. All the indicator lights were showing on the dash board at the same time. I managed to clear and pushed the gear to park. I started the car after turning off the ignition and it came on as if nothing happened.

The same thing happened yesterday and its giving me a cause to worry as it happened on the high way yesterday and I was only lucky it didn't cause an accident. Please I need help/advice on the cause and what I can do to forestall any further occurrence.

Please experts in the house I need help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2017
ndego1993:
Please I need help. I drive Toyota Camry 1999 model. Sometime last week, the car engine just went off while it was in motion. I tried to apply brake only to notice that it was stiff. All the indicator lights were showing on the dash board at the same time. I managed to clear and pushed the gear to park. I started the car after turning off the ignition and it came on as if nothing happened.

The same thing happened yesterday and its giving me a cause to worry as it happened on the high way yesterday and I was only lucky it didn't cause an accident. Please I need help/advice on the cause and what I can do to forestall any further occurrence.

Please experts in the house I need help.

Next time car goes off in motion do not panic, put gear in neutral, start car, return to drive. Car doesn't have to stop.
Get your fuel pump checked, could be a clogged filter or its due for replacement.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Klinee: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
please who know how much Venza is being so?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnwj: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ikenna351:

I dey. Am enjoying my annual leave, which will soon be over anyway.

Ikenna

Hi Ikenna, please have you heard of this site and can you tell me about it if it is real or fake. www.auctionexport.com. Is it realiable to buy car from U.S with the site.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dessypalmer20: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2018
I scanned my Toyota Camry 2007, and I got this P0301 error code telling me cylinder 1 misfire detected, pls how do I tackle this problem? The problem am having with the car is that it sleeps on high hills.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mdnazir1: 9:24am On Jan 01, 2018
GUYS GREETINGS TO YOU ALL. PLS HELP OUT! Someone in abuja has agreed to sell a 2009 ford focus for 800k to me. The car looks nice but I haven't owned a car before and I intend to buy and also deploy it for uber. Another person is willing to give me his one owner 2011 kia picanto 1.1 hatchback for 850k with less than 50,000miles...gurus, I need your help regarding the durability of these two. Are they good cars for a first timer? Should I avoid them both? Am a novice Sir, kindly help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Please avoid that car. Peugeots are fine cars with lots of issues that reoocur.

I hope; for ur sake, that ikenn.. isn't viewing this thread
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 12:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
Dessypalmer20:
I scanned my Toyota Camry 2007, and I got this P0301 error code telling me cylinder 1 misfire detected, pls how do I tackle this problem? The problem am having with the car is that it sleeps on high hills.
you need to look into cylinder 1, plug or coil, swap plugs and coil swap again, that ususly give oss the culprit.swap the coil first with culinder 2 see if it throws code
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mdnazir1: 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
mdnazir1:
GUYS GREETINGS TO YOU ALL. PLS HELP OUT! Someone in abuja has agreed to sell a 2009 ford focus for 800k to me. The car looks nice but I haven't owned a car before and I intend to buy and also deploy it for uber. Another person is willing to give me his one owner 2011 kia picanto 1.1 hatchback for 850k with less than 50,000miles...gurus, I need your help regarding the durability of these two. Are they good cars for a first timer? Should I avoid them both? Am a novice Sir, kindly help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Emexnairaland(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
Please can you be of help to tell me where you did the scan?
stjsd:

Thanks alot bro. I did scan and discovered the 02 sensor is bad, knock sensor is also not functional including the throttle body also kind of stiff due to dirty.
I got all the sensors replaced and throttle body was clean. Car now runs soomthly.

Big thanks�
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stjsd(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
Emexnairaland:
Please can you be of help to tell me where you did the scan?
I will link you with the guy only if u can call the number I dropped earlier. Happy new year 2018.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
For your
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mickadeyemi: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2018
The world most powerful sedan from Porsche.
Read full review here. It's an hybrid.
http://automatenaija.com.ng/world-powerful-sedan-porsche/

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hilzidea(m): 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
kindly add me to a Car whatsapp group if u are on any. thanks . 08131086098.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jixasi(m): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2018
Please I urgently need a Toyota sienna 2003 or 2004 for hire purchase.....

Am ready to go with your terms and conditions....

I need sienna 2002 for hire purchase 200k permonth ready to buy it for 3m

Needed for transportation along the Lagos to Accra corridors..

Contact me on 08166591374 (whatsapp and calls) or jixaiesec@gmail.com..

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autotrader2: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Dessypalmer20:

Call me on 09086679585. I have the brand new ignition coils that will solve your misfiring problems

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sheantip(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
I want to buy a 402A DOHC 2.0 Chrysler engine. it is being used in a Mitsubishi eclipse.
The car has been parked for quite a long time.
so like how much can I get a clean engine?
thanks.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sheantip(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.