Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521578 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babawal231(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello guyz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by NobleEngineer(m): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hi guys, I drive a corrolla 2000 model. (a.k.a small but mighty).
All of a sudden I started getting a kind of sound like rattling sound each time a rev the engine, like going up a hill. atimes at Idle, that rattling sound comes n goes. My kazeem said the car is "jeyin" and he suspects my last top off fuel is the cause. He also said I should finish off this fuel n refill from another filling station, that the rattling sound will disappear...pls friends help my solution. what should I do, is kazeem right??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 6:31am On Jan 07, 2018
NobleEngineer:
All of a sudden I started getting a kind of sound like rattling sound each time a rev the engine, like going up a hill. atimes at Idle, that rattling sound comes n goes. My kazeem said the car is "jeyin" and he suspects my last top off fuel is the cause. He also said I should finish off this fuel n refill from another filling station, that the rattling sound will disappear...pls friends help my solution. what should I do, is kazeem right??

Rattling sound in engine can't be as a result of fuel quality, but as a result of excessive friction somewhere within the engine... What's the vehicle service history?
Do you top oil between service intervals?
Do you use mineral oil and service within 3000km intervals?

Modified: vehicle has a scan port, scan it sir.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2018
NobleEngineer:

replace knock sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R7spS5hJE8
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bizzyliss(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2018
Pls who sell original toyota engine oil and filter
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2018
Bizzyliss:
Pls who sell original toyota engine oil and filter
Bro 1st things 1st, know the weight of your Oil, you can get this from Google.B4 you look of type.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aumoria(m): 6:04am On Jan 09, 2018
Pls does anyone have experience with buying cars from up north like Sokoto etc? They are so so cheap. A rav4, for example being advertised for as cheap as 500k. Is it real?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TIJAY01: 7:02am On Jan 09, 2018
Please Help a brother,
I bought a used toyota camry 2001 model, and i noticed that the car jerk when i engaged the gear to drive, the car also jerk when ever i engaged the car to reversed, the jerking is so intense that it is felt inside the whole car, please what is the solution. and what is the possible cause.
your advise and suggestion will help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2018
aumoria:
Pls does anyone have experience with buying cars from up north like Sokoto etc? They are so so cheap. A rav4, for example being advertised for as cheap as 500k. Is it real?

Getting scammed isn't hard.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2018
TIJAY01:
Please Help a brother,
I bought a used toyota camry 2001 model, and i noticed that the car jerk when i engaged the gear to drive, the car also jerk when ever i engaged the car to reversed, the jerking is so intense that it is felt inside the whole car, please what is the solution. and what is the possible cause.
your advise and suggestion will help.

The jerking is a symptom, you have to determine problem via diagnosis - Check engine mounts, scan vehicle.
Then you can know what solution will be proffered based on whatever discoveries are made.

Symptoms > Diagnosis > Solution.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ify4king(m): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2018
Hello car gurus in the house, I am planning of buying a car soon so please I would want to know between Peugeot 406 and Toyota corolla which should I go for in terms of cheap maintenance and low fuel consumption, thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello house, My sister wants to buy a car for herself and has consulted me as a guy feeling I'd know better. Please what kinda car should I suggest for her putting the following as criteria:

1.Affordability
2. Maintenance friendly( parts, fuel consumption e.t.c)
3.Durability
4.Good security &
5.Electrically not complex.

Toyota Corolla Sport a.k.a Aristo on my mind. What ya say?

GAZZUZZ and co. Pls offer suggestion. Thanks!

Meanwhile My Mercedes Benz C200 has been jerking. I have replaced f fuel filter, cleaned injector, check fuel fil pump, changed plugs and plug wires, was told my coils are stl good but the problem remains...Seems most of our automobile mechanics are out to make you spend and spend and get frustrated... Pls help a bro.thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochima75(m): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
ify4king:
Hello car gurus in the house, I am planning of buying a car soon so please I would want to know between Peugeot 406 and Toyota corolla which should I go for in terms of cheap maintenance and low fuel consumption, thanks.

Toyota obviously except u r buoyant enuf to maintain d french brand
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 6:41am On Jan 10, 2018
PurplePatch:
Hello house, My sister wants to buy a car for herself and has consulted me as a guy feeling I'd know better. Please what kinda car should I suggest for her putting the following as criteria:

1.Affordability
2. Maintenance friendly( parts, fuel consumption e.t.c)
3.Durability
4.Good security &
5.Electrically not complex.

Toyota Corolla Sport a.k.a Aristo on my mind. What ya say?

GAZZ.UZZ and co. Pls offer suggestion. Thanks!

Meanwhile My Mercedes Benz C200 has been jerking. I have replaced f fuel filter, cleaned injector, check fuel fil pump, changed plugs and plug wires, was told my coils are stl good but the problem remains...Seems most of our automobile mechanics are out to make you spend and spend and get frustrated... Pls help a bro.thanks.

Ask her for her preferences and budget, send link of this topic or any related topic on choosing a car to her if you don't want her bugging you at any slight issue with the car.

You should scan your car before taking guesses.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2018
aumoria:

so the nigerians in sokoto do not like money abi? grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TonesHarvy: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello guys, Want free recharge voucher? Do you own a motor insurance?

We are interested in learning your opinion through a few quick questions. It shouldn’t take long, and there’s a free recharge voucher worth #1000 at the end for the first 20 participants. Pls PM to get the survey if you're interested.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by carrlyleone: 11:48am On Jan 10, 2018
TonesHarvy:
Hello guys, Want free recharge voucher? Do you own a motor insurance?

We are interested in learning your opinion through a few quick questions. It shouldn’t take long, and there’s a free recharge voucher worth #1000 at the end for the first 20 participants. Pls PM to get the survey if you're interested.
I sent you a PM.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ndego1993: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
timifakay:

Next time car goes off in motion do not panic, put gear in neutral, start car, return to drive. Car doesn't have to stop.
Get your fuel pump checked, could be a clogged filter or its due for replacement.

Thank you Timifakay.
I went to my mechanic who said I should still be driving the vehicle until the signs become very visible so he doesn't make mistake on what to fix.

Currently, the car appears to want to go off after I use the brake in a hold up and remove my leg for the car to move. In short, the car struggles to keep the engine on after brake is applied.

Please who knows where I can scan my car in Benin. Its Camry 2.2 1999 model.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ify4king(m): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ochima75:

Toyota obviously except u r buoyant enuf to maintain d french brand
Thanks boss

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fabulous18(m): 12:47am On Jan 11, 2018
This's nairaland kazeem do your engine servicing
Gear servicing
Gear electrical repair
Car electrical repair
My shop is at agidingbi ikeja
Call me on 08133463086
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochima75(m): 7:02am On Jan 11, 2018
fabulous18:
This's nairaland kazeem do your engine servicing
Gear servicing
Gear electrical repair
Car electrical repair
I locate agidingbi ikeja
Call me on 08133463086

U locate?? :-) sorry r u a gps??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TonesHarvy: 10:13am On Jan 11, 2018
carrlyleone:
I sent you a PM.

Please confirm you received the voucher, thanks for taking the survey!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by carrlyleone: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2018
TonesHarvy:

Please confirm you received the voucher, thanks for taking the survey!
Yes,thanks I got the voucher,it is legitimate.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by megacontrol(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Guys can anyone recommend any Toyota mech/tech to me on the island.

Not the Rasaki roadside guys and not the cut throat Germain / Elizades, i am looking for a competent hand somewhere in between.
Just an average but standard workshop. vehicle is toyota camry, no major issues but just need to get it checked out.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
timifakay:

Ask her for her preferences and budget, send link of this topic or any related topic on choosing a car to her if you don't want her bugging you at any slight issue with the car.

You should scan your car before taking guesses.

Between 1m - 1.5m Naira...that's the range.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
PurplePatch:

I've never seen a Tokunbo 2003-2007 Toyota Corolla for that price, you may get a naija used though.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bizzyliss(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
megacontrol:
Guys can anyone recommend any Toyota mech/tech to me on the island.

Not the Rasaki roadside guys and not the cut throat Germain / Elizades, i am looking for a competent hand somewhere in between.
Just an average but standard workshop. vehicle is toyota camry, no major issues but just need to get it checked out.

gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fortune89: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=Ikenna351 post=16838071]

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community/29

I am presently using a 2001 full option c class w202. I have never had a better yesterday of driving since I got it for a year now..it drives excellently everything in it works fine like new although I got it as a tokunbo and It has served me satisfyingly excellent with tours and travels countlessly but now am faced with a decision and I hope to make a good one and that's why am asking my good people here...I want to get am ML 320 1999 due to where I stay and coupled with my need to carry more...please I need your full sincere opinion on this decision. Should i go for the ML320 and reasons please....plus how I can sell my c class fast......thanks[/
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 9:11am On Jan 13, 2018
aumoria:
Those cars are flooded , don't try, you can buy clean car from Cotonou at a very affordable price. Call 08054606377
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 9:14am On Jan 13, 2018
ify4king:
Thanks boss
you can buy clean cars at a very affordable price in Cotonou , I'm a tincan clearing agent , contact 08054606377
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2018
PurplePatch:

Buy clean car at a very affordable price in Cotonou, I'm a tincan clearing agent call 08054606377
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
ately1:

Buy clean car at a very affordable price in Cotonou, I'm a tincan clearing agent call 08054606377
How about the ban in clearing cars fru Land boarder

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52