Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521882 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm about getting my first car and intend buying a Volvo xc90 2006 V8 Sport. Please I'll need your advice regarding this car or any other economical SUV in times of prices, parts availability and fuel consumption.

Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 17, 2018
pstone27:
am not even close to Lagos, i base at enugu state, so how do we do it. Pls
I am very sorry for late reply please call these number to find out if we have anyone close to you 08080806686(Mr Kunle)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 17, 2018
If there was any previous doubt, it has been removed.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tripoli007(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
nurey:

better leave the AC on, your vehicle is supposed to drive not fly

cheesy angry grin .. Baba abeg I need update from you and fellow gurus in the house ..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 17, 2018
dsubtle007:
Hi everyone,

I'm about getting my first car and intend buying a Volvo xc90 2006 V8 Sport. Please I'll need your advice regarding this car or any other economical SUV in times of prices, parts availability and fuel consumption.

Thank you.

Do yourself a favor and buy a smaller SUV from Japan as your first vehicle. Something with a 4cylinder that is popular and can be easily repaired in Nigeria.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Do yourself a favor and buy a smaller SUV from Japan as your first vehicle. Something with a 4cylinder that is popular and can be easily repaired in Nigeria.

Thanks for the response boss. However, can you advise on a precise brand and model, please?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
dsubtle007:

Thanks for the response boss. However, can you advise on a precise brand and model, please?

If it were me I would be looking at Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV. Import a good used one that is not salvaged (avoid anything Copart) try to buy from an original owner.

Kep it well maintained and it should hold its value very well.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
dsubtle007:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Volvo XC90 is a great SUV but I won't do a V8 for a first car.. If you must do the volvo.. Get a 5cylinder model, volvos are becoming common in Naija so mechanics are becoming competent on them

Cc valarinz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by valarinz: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
dsubtle007:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

The V8 engine is the most durable of the three engine types on XC90. Hardly gives issues but you have to pay close attention to their AC systems, almost always giving issues. Other than that, it's a very good ride, fuel economy is top notch contrary to what everyone might think based on the fact it's a v8.

Parts are still relatively cheaper than all other suv on its level, I'm summary it's a good buy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Adechris3403: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please o, I need a car to restart life with am looking at Toyota and Honda, which should I go for my budget is between 350-450k
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Slimzadywitmony: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
So you can Check your I/M readiness and all these plus explanations to all the technicalities involved corresponding to the ECU/ECM test they carried out on your car very easy on: http://.net/71wUOx

- Emission Analysis
- Oxygen sensors
- Catalyst comps fault detection / misfire *
- Power Output readings
- Read off trouble codes (DTC's) and turn off the MIL (Check Engine light)
- Display of current sensor data, including: Engine RPM
- Comprehensive scan of electronic systems
- Calculated Load Value

Cheers.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
thebigkendo:

Volvo XC90 is a great SUV but I won't do a V8 for a first car.. If you must do the volvo.. Get a 5cylinder model, volvos are becoming common in Naija so mechanics are becoming competent on them

Cc valarinz

Boss, the V8 was said to be the best engine so far in the xc90 model. The R-design and sport edition are more efficient and fuel economical than others .
Xc90 is the only SUV in 2003-20014 production dates except xc60 that started 2016 and that is a no go area for now.

All other Volvo are sedan, coupe or wagon.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
valarinz:

The V8 engine is the most durable of the three engine types on XC90. Hardly gives issues but you have to pay close attention to their AC systems, almost always giving issues. Other than that, it's a very good ride, fuel economy is top notch contrary to what everyone might think based on the fact it's a v8.

Parts are still relatively cheaper than all other suv on its level, I'm summary it's a good buy

Thanks boss. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If it were me I would be looking at Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV. Import a good used one that is not salvaged (avoid anything Copart) try to buy from an original owner.

Kep it well maintained and it should hold its value very well.

Was actually trying to use copart or auctionexport. I don't wanna buy directly from Nigerian users though. Which other sites do you think I can get direct users to purchase from.
Thanks all the way

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Doncolidon: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
I'm really confused oh folks; Fairly and neatly used Acura TL 2006 or Toyota Corolla '03, which one do I go for?
It's my first car ooh! Please advise a brother.
And If you have other suggestions I'm ready to consider them.
Thank you so much. wink
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluwaseunla(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Doncolidon:
I'm really confused oh folks; Fairly and neatly used Acura TL 2006 or Toyota Corolla '03, which one do I go for?
Thank you so much. wink

When it comes to Nigerian used, neatly used or not, the most important factor is the maintenance history, not the brand of car.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
Doncolidon:
Thank you so much. wink

Acura TL is an upscale 03-07 honda Accord, there is no comparison between it and corolla. If you have enough cash in your reserve go for the Acura TL but ensure it is fault free. The corolla is an easy car to maintain, you can never go wrong with it.

For a first car, i would pick the Acura over corolla but ensure timely and optimum maintenance on the TL when needed

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by valarinz: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
dsubtle007:

Boss, the V8 was said to be the best engine so far in the xc90 model. The R-design and sport edition are more efficient and fuel economical than others .
Xc90 is the only SUV in 2003-20014 production dates except xc60 that started 2016 and that is a no go area for now.

All other Volvo are sedan, coupe or wagon.

Ma nigga, you seem to know your volvos quite well, we ought to be friends then...hit me up na 08032897486, lets have u on our whatsapp group, cheers

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
dsubtle007:

Was actually trying to use copart or auctionexport. I don't wanna buy directly from Nigerian users though. Which other sites do you think I can get direct users to purchase from.
Thanks all the way

I offer such a service to discerning motorists.

I do not deal in salvage vehicles and most are one owner cream puffs.

I’m not cheap but the price you may is the value you receive.

Good luck on your search.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I offer such a service to discerning motorists.

I do not deal in salvage vehicles and most are one owner cream puffs.

I’m not cheap but the price you may is the value you receive.

Good luck on your search.

grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
dsubtle007:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

I advise you get the 4 cylinder 2006 Toyota Rav4.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mmayo15: 2:01am On Apr 19, 2018
Hello house, a friend of my just got Honda eod V6 and he was told by the owner that the ABS has been converted to manual, is there anything like that? Secondly, where u can change from park, reverse and drive move freely without marching the break when the ignition is on. Is it something he should be worried about? Plz I need answer from professionals, thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by diportivo: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2018
dsubtle007:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

if the bolded is gonna be an issue,go for honda CRV jeje

if not

buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy baby

or else I will
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2018
Mmayo15:
Hello house, a friend of my just got Honda eod V6 and he was told by the owner that the ABS has been converted to manual, is there anything like that? Secondly, where u can change from park, reverse and drive move freely without marching the break when the ignition is on. Is it something he should be worried about? Plz I need answer from professionals, thanks.

Yes.

Your friend has put the cart before the horse.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dsubtle007(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2018
diportivo:

if the bolded is gonna be an issue,go for honda CRV jeje

if not

buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy baby

or else I will

smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gilbertkwabena(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
Am in Ghana and cars are really really expensive here, if you sell cars(especially used cars) contact me and let's make wealth here in Ghana. let me give an example , a used Toyota Camry (Pencil) is being sold at the range of 2 to 2.5million naira in Ghana and the new one is 3-4million. Do you see difference? I can make a cool offer and deal with anyone interested in coming to Ghana for business. let's talk or WhatsApp on +233559801073. thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lockupnop: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
Please where can I get my water pump for my Honda 2013 v6 around Abuja and what's the price ? Thanks in advance all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 4maticxx85: 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hello everyone,please I am about to purchase a CRYSTLER 300c,but am scared,dont know much about the car.i need a guide on it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
Why not go for another car brand you're quite conversant about?
There are still other luxurious cars & SUVs if its luxury you're looking for.
4maticxx85:
Hello everyone,please I am about to purchase a CRYSTLER 300c,but am scared,dont know much about the car.i need a guide on it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
Honda? Nobody.
lockupnop:
Please where can I get my water pump for my Honda 2013 v6 around Abuja and what's the price ? Thanks in advance all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lockupnop: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
SmartToyota:
Honda? Nobody.

Honda eod

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.