Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (517382 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by etech: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
Any useful input pls cry

etech:
Good Day,

i was driving last week and i observed that my car (nissan primera) temperature gauge goes high at top speed, have checked to see if over heating occurs but no.

have checked my coolant level and its good please what could be the issue i need professional advise as i do not want all these road side mechanics to turn it upside down.

awaiting feedback many thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
Bro scan your ride & post the code here so any Auto-tech can help you.
etech:
Any useful input pls cry

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by UceeGod: 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
etech:
Good Day,

i was driving last week and i observed that my car (nissan primera) temperature gauge goes high at top speed, have checked to see if over heating occurs but no.

have checked my coolant level and its good please what could be the issue i need professional advise as i do not want all these road side mechanics to turn it upside down.

awaiting feedback many thanks

Scan the car if the "service engine soon" light appears on the dashboard (could be the coolant temperature switch), otherwise it could be a malfunctioning water pump.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joessi(m): 9:11am On May 01, 2018
It could be a miss function of the temperature needle
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babaloke: 8:49am On May 03, 2018
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenedy175(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2018
Hello! Please I'm looking for someone capable of reprogramming my transponder key to the ecu. The vehicle is a Cadillac cts 2006, obviously American. Car wouldn't crank or start. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 10:49am On May 03, 2018
Where's your location?
kenedy175:
Hello! Please I'm looking for someone capable of reprogramming my transponder key to the ecu. The vehicle is a Cadillac cts 2006, obviously American. Car wouldn't crank or start. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2018
kenedy175:

No crank or start should entail you scan first.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenedy175(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2018
kingreign:

No crank or start should entail you scan first.
Done that already. These are the codes i got; U1300, PO318, P1629
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenedy175(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2018
SmartToyota:
Where's your location?
Abia state
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2018
kenedy175:

Done that already. These are the codes i got; U1300, PO318, P1629

Read this link and tell your technician to follow the procedure

https://www.justanswer.com/cadillac/8esks-cadillac-cts-05-cts-codes-u1300-p1629-codes.html

I'd also advice you put your transmission thru the various gear then attempt to start the ignition. You may have had your PRND switch misaligned.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenedy175(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2018
kingreign:

Read this link and tell your technician to follow the procedure

https://www.justanswer.com/cadillac/8esks-cadillac-cts-05-cts-codes-u1300-p1629-codes.html

I'd also advice you put your transmission thru the various gear then attempt to start the ignition. You may have had your PRND switch misaligned.
Thanks alot bro. I'll do that. But this car has being grounded for almost a year now. And everything the auto electricians have tried doing didn't work

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2018
Uhh, can't be of help here.
kenedy175:

Abia state
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kenedy175(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2018
SmartToyota:
Uhh, can't be of help here.
Thanks for your consideration
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by towel190: 9:26pm On May 04, 2018
Good evening,

My Toyota Corolla 2002 was stolen at the early hours of yesterday morning in Surulere just after the downpour. The details are below

Color: Silver
Plate Number: APP 616 EE
Chasis NO: 1NXBR32E93Z105704
Engine no- 02KZT01033

Unfortunately no insurance or tracker.

The pictures are attached. Please if you have any information about this car, kindly call or text 08062765976. Thank you

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyola: 2:38pm On May 06, 2018
Hello car guru in the house
I'm using Hyundai car and recently I started experienced problem form the car, it started from jarking while on motion and my auto mechanic suggested that it was fuel pump which I changed immediately but behold the things is worsen now it doesn't move at all when you started the engine it would start to move it cannot raise if press acceleration pedal it would just off. I've changed fuel pump more than thrice and even oil filter and many other things.
Pls help guru in the house
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Allem(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2018
murphyola:
I'm using Hyundai car and recently I started experienced problem form the car, it started from jarking while on motion and my auto mechanic suggested that it was fuel pump which I changed immediately but behold the things is worsen now it doesn't move at all when you started the engine it would start to move it cannot raise if press acceleration pedal it would just off. I've changed fuel pump more than thrice and even oil filter and many other things.
I will advice you scan your car. I suspect the nuzzles.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2018
murphyola:

Whats your vehicle model and year of manufacture?

1. Get the first fuel pump and all other parts that have been changed back.
2. Employ the services of a mechanic that does proper scanning and diagnosis. (state your location if you need recommendations)

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chukshenry10: 10:35am On May 07, 2018
Dear friends,
Please i shipped my car from us to nigeria and most of the car parts got missing at the port including the key which cost me extar 60k to reprogramme. NOW i took the car (venza 2012) to workshop for them to fix all the parts and they gave me a price list that made me almost to regreate ever buy the car. PLAESE find the attched list to know if the prices are real or manipulated

Rear light- 50k for two, 40k for one side(better off getting it new),door chrome(not gotten it yet), bumper beam(120k),front grill(60k), bumper grill(not gotten it yet), left mirror (55k), door opener (is it both with the key cylinder &key itself?), inside boot cover (not gotten it yet), fog lamp(40k), bumper clip(7k), windscreen down rubber (is it the chrome you mean?),side sand protector(23k),
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chukshenry10: 10:45am On May 07, 2018
PLEASE somebody should help with to check the price tags
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2018
Chukshenry10:
Dear friends,
Please i shipped my car from us to nigeria and most of the car parts got missing at the port including the key which cost me extar 60k to reprogramme. NOW i took the car (venza 2012) to workshop for them to fix all the parts and they gave me a price list that made me almost to regreate ever buy the car. PLAESE find the attched list to know if the prices are real or manipulated

Rear light- 50k for two, 40k for one side(better off getting it new),door chrome(not gotten it yet), bumper beam(120k),front grill(60k), bumper grill(not gotten it yet), left mirror (55k), door opener (is it both with the key cylinder &key itself?), inside boot cover (not gotten it yet), fog lamp(40k), bumper clip(7k), windscreen down rubber (is it the chrome you mean?),side sand protector(23k),

Bros you go enter Ladipo by yourself oh.
Rewrite the list without the prices and ask around for quotations...

This one you are buying front grill and, door handle and rear lights ehn, did you buy a roll over vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chukshenry10: 11:40am On May 07, 2018
This is accidental but it was only the door side that was affected, they damaged the grill at Lagos because they stole the key so they now used forklift to offload it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by antobrige: 11:53pm On May 07, 2018
Chukshenry10:
Dear friends,

The prices are way too high....if it will be ok for u I will come in and help you out...u can send me the list of the item u have not gotten yet...09092117607..thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chukshenry10: 12:17pm On May 08, 2018
CAN you give me ur number that is registered on WhatsApp?@Anto
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainking(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2018
etech:
Any useful input pls cry

your car is not breathing fine, go and flush your radiator..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by antobrige: 10:40am On May 09, 2018
Chukshenry10:
CAN you give me ur number that is registered on WhatsApp?@Anto

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OrthoDude: 12:39pm On May 11, 2018
Hello my people.

I'm having problems getting on the Carfax home page. I keep getting an error message (as shown in my laptop screenshot). Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced this?

What do you recommend I do? I really need to subscribe for a few reports.

Thanks.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nicechizyy(f): 4:01pm On May 11, 2018
I just found out an Instagram account that sells US clean cars at a very cool ptice.
Guys follow @officialsisicars on Instagram and checkout their stock. May interest you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MUTEAU(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2018
Pls I want to ask every member in this forum, are there no Nigeria good fairly used cars for like 300k here in this forum?

All the cars I see here is either 1m, 3m ,5m

Atleast you should post cars that an average man could afford, abi this forum na for only big men?

We need cheap cars, I think that's why most of us are here on this thread, just take for instant I have N5m and I want to buy a car, I won't come to this forum, I will rather walk into any car link to make my choice

Pls we need cars ranging from 250k - 350k

Thanks
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 6:09pm On May 11, 2018
hello please i have problem with my (Golf 3) Security key some times it start immediately some times took me like 5 times before it start sometimes i have to remove the battery and wait for like 5-10 minutes to start please what should i do please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2018
OrthoDude:
Hello my people.

I'm having problems getting on the Carfax home page. I keep getting an error message (as shown in my laptop screenshot). Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced this?

Thanks.

Hello Sir

For Full Carfax Report (Get it here)

https://www.nairaland.com/3564073/carfax-vehicle-history-report-cars

https://www.nairaland.com/3565531/carfax-report-cars-trucks-vans

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Cosplay: 8:38pm On May 11, 2018
OrthoDude:
Hello my people.

Thanks.

Have you successfully registered or used the site from that same pc previously?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (221) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.