Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians (52813 Views)

Black girl says Somalis & Ethiopians Are Beautiful Because Of their Features / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
This Tutsi is Bantu and related to other Bantu speakers, yet does not look Negroid?

Funny Tutsi were thought to be Hamtic like Somalis, yet modern DNA shows they are closely related to their Bantu bretherns who look like this!!! grin grin grin

Again why is that
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

You say you don't believe in race yet you use outdated terms like Negroid. SMDH...Be consistent please.

And you still have no even any valuable reasons why African Americans or West Africans would want to claim horners other than the way horners looks.

why do afrocentrics talk about the horn of africa, because they dont like the people they came from, they see you west africans as ugly african bootty scratchers.

they look at somalis who have nice hair, and straight nose and idealize us, they look at our great historical achievements that are tied to the rest of the world

KidStranglehold: Still waiting for those five contribution. smiley

1. Had the most ships in the muslim world

2. never enslaved

3. had the longest war with europeans

4. first subsahran africans to defeat europeans, the portugese in 1500's

5. before somalis came to somalia, we were part of the cush people in ethiopia, and we were part of aksum, kingdom of kush, we controlled southern arabia

6. we look way better than you guys

7. we domesticated the camel

8. oldest cave paintings in africa

9. our langauge is 1 of the oldest in the world - cushitic langauges

10. somalis were the first to be bombed as we had the longest war with europeans over 20 years calling our leader the mad mullah

i can go on and on.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
KidStranglehold: This Tutsi is Bantu and related to other Bantu speakers, yet does not look Negroid?

Funny Tutsi were thought to be Hamtic like Somalis, yet modern DNA shows they are closely related to their Bantu bretherns who look like this!!! grin grin grin

Again why is that

tutsis are mixed with negroid too much, but its historically shown that they migrated from ethiopia and this is well documented, they look different those who are pure. even the fulanis came from east africa and some are mixed with north africans, any good looking people are not pure negroids but have admixture of arab or somali and ethiopians
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by lepasharon(f): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

somalis speak the same langauge group as arabs and hebrew, science proves their is no such thing as race but their is such thing as ethnicity

but even then, negroids live in west and central and south while horners live in the horn of africa far away from each other, we are much closer to the middle east than any negroids. its 17 miles from arabia.

but then again, when you guys look the way you do, you will claim anyone that looks good like dominicans, puerto ricans and horners, i wonder what we all have in common, oh yes we are are light skin with good hair and nice features something you guys dont have.

why dont you guys claim inidans while you are at it, and sri lankans, and drividans and maldives they all have brown skin and soft hair.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! Negros are light skin too,our hair comes in difeerent textures too. We dont need that

anyway..how do you feel about negros who do accept that cushites are not black?

and cushites who want to identify with being negroid?

Ohh..nd ur women straighten their hair undecided
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
lepasharon:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! Negros are light skin too,our hair comes in difeerent textures too. We dont need that

anyway..how do you feel about negros who do accept that cushites are not black?

and cushites who want to identify with being negroid?

Ohh..nd ur women straighten their hair undecided

its redicoulous to take 'fulanis' who originally came from the horn of africa and label them as negroid and say negroids look somali

somalis and ethiopians dont label themselves negroid, somali refer themselves as somali no somali ever called themselves black untill they came to america but even in america we are called somali as somalis are unique, ethiopians call themselves habesha

i dont care about what negroids label somalis, those who label us negroid are afrocentric, and if they were in somalia or ethiopia 100 years they would be slaves

even in somalia or ethiopia today they would be called 'baria' or 'adoon'.

labeling horners black only helps negroids, as it takes our achievements and looks and labels them black, when infact blacks dont look like us and look uglier and blacks never accomplished what we did.

if blacks can label ethiopians and somalis who speak cushitic and semetic langauges that are part of the same family of languages as arab and hebrew than blacks are confused.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by BlackKenichi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11: its funny how you want to compare 25 million somalis vs 500 million negroids.
............Yawn!

somalia11: lets start with the fact that we have the lowest hiv rates in africa
Yet still dirt poor and suffering from famine! Still, I can't take away the low HIV rate!

somalia11: and we are the only country in africa besides ethiopia that has its local langauge as the national language
So what!?

somalia11: we were never enslaved and we look better than all of you
Somalis have been enslaved. As for Somalis looking better, NO WAY. Somali women are way overrated and Somali men are just so scrawny. Compare the likes of Usain Bolt to Mo Farah in terms of overall sex appeal.
Usain wins hands down!
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by lepasharon(f): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ok..im glad you know about the fulanis..the resemblance between you two is uncanny,i knew there must be some connection.

Let me again say..black are labelling u guys so,because of ignorance undecided... I personally know you guys are distinct from us, culturally ,linguistically and spiritually..so calm down.
somalia11:

its redicoulous to take 'fulanis' who originally came from the horn of africa and label them as negroid and say negroids look somali

somalis and ethiopians dont label themselves negroid, somali refer themselves as somali no somali ever called themselves black untill they came to america but even in america we are called somali as somalis are unique, ethiopians call themselves habesha

i dont care about what negroids label somalis, those who label us negroid are afrocentric, and if they were in somalia or ethiopia 100 years they would be slaves

even in somalia or ethiopia today they would be called 'baria' or 'adoon'.

labeling horners black only helps negroids, as it takes our achievements and looks and labels them black, when infact blacks dont look like us and look uglier and blacks never accomplished what we did.

if blacks can label ethiopians and somalis who speak cushitic and semetic langauges that are part of the same family of languages as arab and hebrew than blacks are confused.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by lepasharon(f): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
hwo do you feel about negros who are muslim?
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
lepasharon: Ok..im glad you know about the fulanis..the resemblance between you two is uncanny,i knew there must be some connection.

Let me again say..black are labelling u guys so,because of ignorance undecided... I personally know you guys are distinct from us, culturally ,linguistically and spiritually..so calm down.

unfortunately the majority of fulanis dont look like us cause they mixed with negroids, but even those who are more pure dont look exactly like horners cause i can tell the difference cause horners tend to have very sharp features borderline indian features. but ofcourse their is some overlap between horner and fulanis who are more pure.

lepasharon: hwo do you feel about negros who are muslim?

i dont really care for them. if we somalis dont get along with ethiopians do you think we will get along with negroids. Somalis speak cushitic language, while amahara, tigrey and few others speak semetic language, but in terms of population the more than half of ethiopians are muslim and speak cushitic language, because oromo is the largest ethnicity and somali is the 3rd largest ethnicity inside ethiopia.

the vast majority of horners dont really care for negrids as the only time we came into contact we enslaved you guys, ethiopians enslaved you guys too. even the ethiopians who conqurered the negroids in the south of ethiopia will call themselves habesha to distniguish themselves from the those negroids.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by BlackKenichi(m): 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

tutsis are mixed with negroid too much, but its historically shown that they migrated from ethiopia and this is well documented, they look different those who are pure. even the fulanis came from east africa and some are mixed with north africans, any good looking people are not pure negroids but have admixture of arab or somali and ethiopians
The Fulani are not from East Africa. They are genetically and linguistically close to other Senegambians.
As for Tutsis. They aren't from the Horn either.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

Nope...And not even in Africa. In Africa it was mainly the Swahili people who traded. Want me to post sources The Swahili were natural born sailors. There were Somali sailors, but it was mostly the Swahili doing the sailing. Try again. smiley

2. never enslaved
Colonized by British freaking Italy! Italy who was the joke of Europe and couldn't even defeat a fly. HA! But this is not really a contribution. grin

Void statement since Africans throughout time had wars with Europeans
The Ashanti people disagree because they fought the British in FIVE WARS. Lets not forget Toure who fought the French for 20 years. Again this is not a contribution.

Wrong...The Mali empire was the first to defeat the Portuguese in 1456. They annihilated the Portuguese with their naval warfare.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Mali_Empire#The_Portuguese

5. before somalis came to somalia, we were part of the cush people in ethiopia, and we were part of aksum, kingdom of kush, we controlled southern arabia
[/b] Again no evidence for that. And again the Kush kingdom were NOT horners but Nubians. The Aksum kingdom only later took part of the Kush kingdom. Stop claiming and do more research.[/b]

Not a contribution.

Wrong. Domestication of Camel was first done in Southwest Asia. Stop listening to your Somali folk tales and learn REAL history.

Oldest cave paint was found in South and North Africa. And even so they would not be the same as modern day Somalis. They would have been of Khoisan/Pygmy type. Try again. smiley

Dummy...Languages AROUND the world independently. How can you even say Somalis have the oldest language. That is just ridiculous. Cushite is not even the oldest language in the Afro-Asiatic family! Egyptian is which is extinct. So far no contribution but lies and idiocy! grin

10. somalis were the first to be bombed as we had the longest war with europeans over 20 years calling our leader the mad mullah
Give you credit for this, but not a contribution and the Ashantis and Toure fought the longest. Toure also fought for 20 years against the French.

Real Somali contribution to Africa:
0/10

How sad.

i can go on and on.

Now...Let me list mines.

1. My ancestors defeated three world superpowers...The French, British and Spanish. With their independence they put a dent in slavery but worse...Put a huge injury on the French. They made it possible for the USA to purchase Luisana. Not only that but they allowed free slaves to enter their country. Barely any black group has been able to do that!
^^^Real contribution

2. The people in Djenne of Mali during the Mali Empire were skilled enough to perform Cataract surgery. Do you know what cataract surgery is This video should explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go82c4f1emc
^^^Real contribution

3. The Mali Empire under Mansa Musa was the RICHEST in the world. And I mean richest. They had a complete monopoly on gold and salt which was VERY important. Mansa Musa imported many people from the Near East and North Africa to build mosque and universities and further making the Sahel region of South Africa the richest place. Mansa Musa was noted to be the RICHEST MAN OF ALL TIME!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

Also Malian gold financed the European Renaissance.
^^^REAL CONTRIBUTION.

4. Sunni Ali Ber made the Songhai empire the LARGEST AFRICA HAS EVER SEEN! Under Askia it became even larger. Askia increased trade and many people from Europe, Near East and North Africa came to Timbuktu to trade because Timbuktu was so successful.
^^^Real Contribution.

5. The Bantu Swahilis linked China, India, Near East and Malaysia to Africa. The Swahili were basically the middle men. Meanwhile the Sahel kingdoms such as Mansa Musa linked the Mediterranean and Near East to Africa. Again because the Mali Empire had a monopoly on gold.

6. The Western "Sudan"(West Africa) were able to keep the Muslim world as a whole dependent on Trans-Saharan trade.

"Trans-Saharan Trade and the West African Discovery of the Mediterranean World" by Pekka Masonen

http://www.smi.uib.no/paj/Masonen.html

The principal reason why the North African traders were willing to accommodate in the local conditions in Western Africa, was the same as in the case of Europeans in China: it was the only way to continue the profitable trade. Before the European discovery of America, West African mines were the most important single source of gold both for Northern Africa and Europe; it is estimated that two-thirds of all the gold circulating in the Mediterranean area in the Middle Ages was imported across the Sahara. This made the uninterrupted continuity of trade more important for North African rulers than their West African counterparts. The demand for salt, for which the Arabs bartered the gold in Western Africa, is usually overemphasized in the historiography. Contrariwise, the Saharan rock salt was an expensive luxury product and available to the wealthy people only. Furthermore, it could be quite easily substituted by locally produced salt from plants and soil, whereas the North African rulers could not obtain gold for their coins elsewhere.

However, the position of the powerful states of the West African savanna was not based on the possession of the gold reserves, but on the control over the principal trade routes leading from the desert edge terminals to the gold fields in the south. In this way, the rulers of northern savanna could monopolize the trade, and they strictly prevented the Arabs to establish any direct contacts with the actual producers of gold. Inside Western Africa, the trade was carried on by local brokers, or the Dyula.

^^^REAL CONTRIBUTION

7. The Senegalese were one of the only Africans to constantly visit a European country and not only that speak the language! WELL BEFORE COLONIZATION!
Similarly, it was another channel for West Africans to the outside world: in 1594 a Portuguese navigator reported that he had in Senegal met many blacks who were not only capable of speaking French but have even visited France. It was only during the age of imperialism that the encounter of West Africans with other civilisations turned definitely from controlled relationship to collision.

8. The Swahili and Malians were one of the few Africans to have an advanced toilets with drains leading to the sewage!

9. West Africans were one of the first Africans to smelt iron(independently). The Bantu people spread this technology to other parts of Africa and civilized those pats also.
^^^Real contribution.

10. Timbuktu was one of the richest and most educated cities in Africa. It was larger than medieval London. It was basically the African version of Athens what I like to call it. It was so educated that many non Africans like Europeans and Middle Easterners(including Jews) wanted to study there!!!

BEAT THAT! grin
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Black Kenichi:
............Yawn!

Yet still dirt poor and suffering from famine! Still, I can't take away the low HIV rate!

So what!?

Somalis have been enslaved. As for Somalis looking better, NO WAY. Somali women are way overrated and Somali men are just so scrawny. Compare the likes of Usain Bolt to Mo Farah in terms of overall sex appeal.
Usain wins hands down!

somalis were never enslaved, as the only people enslaving people were the arabs, somalis and ethiopians. The arabs and somalis were friends and destroyed the ethiopians. It was the somalis and arabs who controlled all of east africa along with the ottoman turks who occassionaly interved to help out against the portugese in the 1500's.

ethiopians themselves had bantu slaves.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Now...Let me list mines.

1. My ancestors defeated three world superpowers...The French, British and Spanish. With their independence they put a dent in slavery but worse...Put a huge injury on the French. They made it possible for the USA to purchase Luisana. Not only that but they allowed free slaves to enter their country. Barely any black group has been able to do that!
^^^Real contribution

2. The people in Djenne of Mali during the Mali Empire were skilled enough to perform Cataract surgery. Do you know what cataract surgery is This video should explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go82c4f1emc
^^^Real contribution

3. The Mali Empire under Mansa Musa was the RICHEST in the world. And I mean richest. They had a complete monopoly on gold and salt which was VERY important. Mansa Musa imported many people from the Near East and North Africa to build mosque and universities and further making the Sahel region of South Africa the richest place. Mansa Musa was noted to be the RICHEST MAN OF ALL TIME!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

Also Malian gold financed the European Renaissance.
^^^REAL CONTRIBUTION.

4. Sunni Ali Ber made the Songhai empire the LARGEST AFRICA HAS EVER SEEN! Under Askia it became even larger. Askia increased trade and many people from Europe, Near East and North Africa came to Timbuktu to trade because Timbuktu was so successful.
^^^Real Contribution.

5. The Bantu Swahilis linked China, India, Near East and Malaysia to Africa. The Swahili were basically the middle men. Meanwhile the Sahel kingdoms such as Mansa Musa linked the Mediterranean and Near East to Africa. Again because the Mali Empire had a monopoly on gold.

6. The Western "Sudan"(West Africa) were able to keep the Muslim world as a whole dependent on Trans-Saharan trade.

"Trans-Saharan Trade and the West African Discovery of the Mediterranean World" by Pekka Masonen

The principal reason why the North African traders were willing to accommodate in the local conditions in Western Africa, was the same as in the case of Europeans in China: it was the only way to continue the profitable trade. Before the European discovery of America, West African mines were the most important single source of gold both for Northern Africa and Europe; it is estimated that two-thirds of all the gold circulating in the Mediterranean area in the Middle Ages was imported across the Sahara. This made the uninterrupted continuity of trade more important for North African rulers than their West African counterparts. The demand for salt, for which the Arabs bartered the gold in Western Africa, is usually overemphasized in the historiography. Contrariwise, the Saharan rock salt was an expensive luxury product and available to the wealthy people only. Furthermore, it could be quite easily substituted by locally produced salt from plants and soil, whereas the North African rulers could not obtain gold for their coins elsewhere.

However, the position of the powerful states of the West African savanna was not based on the possession of the gold reserves, but on the control over the principal trade routes leading from the desert edge terminals to the gold fields in the south. In this way, the rulers of northern savanna could monopolize the trade, and they strictly prevented the Arabs to establish any direct contacts with the actual producers of gold. Inside Western Africa, the trade was carried on by local brokers, or the Dyula.

^^^REAL CONTRIBUTION

7. The Senegalese were one of the only Africans to constantly visit a European country and not only that speak the language! WELL BEFORE COLONIZATION!
Similarly, it was another channel for West Africans to the outside world: in 1594 a Portuguese navigator reported that he had in Senegal met many blacks who were not only capable of speaking French but have even visited France. It was only during the age of imperialism that the encounter of West Africans with other civilisations turned definitely from controlled relationship to collision.

8. The Swahili and Malians were one of the few Africans to have an advanced toilets with drains leading to the sewage!

9. West Africans were one of the first Africans to smelt iron(independently). The Bantu people spread this technology to other parts of Africa and civilized those pats also.
^^^Real contribution.

10. Timbuktu was one of the richest and most educated cities in Africa. It was larger than medieval London. It was basically the African version of Athens what I like to call it. It was so educated that many non Africans like Europeans and Middle Easterners(including Jews) wanted to study there!!!

BEAT THAT! grin

if you want to use 'SUDAN' as part of west africa, than allow me to include ethiopian history (the past 2,000 years) as before 2,000 years ago somalis were part of the cushitic people of aksum.

1. dont even get me started at history of somalis before 2,000 years before becoming muslims and leaving ethiopia. As you will know we had ancient empires like Aksum, controlling the middle east, and egypt while we were kingdom of Kush.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

D*mb@$$ that myth been was debunked. Tutsi Y-DNA is predominantly E1b1a like their Hutu cousins and other Bantus.

somalia11:

if you want to use 'SUDAN' as part of west africa, than allow me to include ethiopian history (the past 2,000 years) as before 2,000 years ago somalis were part of the cushitic people of aksum.
Do some research...Western Sudan=WEST AFRICA BACK THEN. It was a term used to describe Western African kingdoms like the Ghana, Mali and Songhai. So some research you fool. You clearly know nothing about Africa. grin

And yet you are African and I'm not. The irony. grin

somalia11:
1. dont even get me started at history of somalis before 2,000 years before becoming muslims and leaving ethiopia. As you will know we had ancient empires like Aksum, controlling the middle east, and egypt while we were kingdom of Kush.

Again stop claiming! The Aksum empire never controlled Egypt. They only occupied PART of the Kush kingdom and again the people of Kush were NOT related to horners but Nile Saharans like the Dinka and I can PROVE THAT! smiley

So don't get me started. Oh and East African Bantus had contact with the Greeks and Sumerians. I can also prove that if you want me to. smiley
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
somalia11:

somalis were never enslaved, as the only people enslaving people were the arabs, somalis and ethiopians. The arabs and somalis were friends and destroyed the ethiopians. It was the somalis and arabs who controlled all of east africa along with the ottoman turks who occassionaly interved to help out against the portugese in the 1500's.
1. Somalis were enslaved by the weak@$$ Italians. How pathetic. How can you lose to the Italians?
2. Somalis never controlled all the East coast. What are you even talking about? They only controlled part of the horn. Before the Portuguese and Oman take over of the Swahili coast, the Swahili were the ones who had a significant influence on trade and interactions with non Africans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkYI9Bvua8
^^Go to 29:06
somalia11:
ethiopians themselves had bantu slaves.

And Mansa Musa had Ethiopian slaves. Big whoop. undecided
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 06, 2013
Hey somalia11...While your ancestors were barbaric nomads. The ancestors of West Africans were building stone structures around 4000BC. cool
https://www.nairaland.com/1321386/west-african-civilization-settlement
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Somalia11 do you not know my ancestors and people build something like this

Can you please explain to me why I need to claim horners especially Somalis? To be proud. Please explain...
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Black Kenichi:
The Fulani are not from East Africa.

East africans are not even orignally from the horn either.
however both it's already been established that there is a link btn the horners
and * SOME of the fulanis by way of the tuareg.

(* i really wish people would understand that most african tribes are NOT homogeneous.)

They are genetically and linguistically close to other Senegambians.

for most of them this is true.

As for Tutsis. They aren't from the Horn either.

actually some of them are. lol

The Tutsis closer to eithopia and kenya are literally mixed btn bantu (?) and cushitic ppls - OF COURSE THIS ONLY ACCOUNT FOR A SMALL POPULATION <<<

proto-cushitic peoples are their ancestors (paternally).
this 'EPICALLY' SLAYS the notion that there was always animosity btn the east africans based on nose shapes tongue....they were mixing like crazy.

it is no coincidence that President Paul Kagame and the young man under him "look like horners"

^^you can CLEARLY see his admixture.

while the majority of their fellow tutsis closer to DRC (interior Africa) do not...

^^THAT IS BECAUSE...they are mostly if not all bantu.

Modern-day genetic studies of the Y-chromosome suggest that the Tutsi are largely of Bantu extraction (80% E1b1a, 15% B, 4% E3). Paternal genetic influences associated with the Horn of Africa and North Africa are few (1% E1b1b), and are ascribed to much earlier inhabitants who were assimilated. The Tutsi, in general, demonstrate a close genetic kinship with neighboring Bantu populations, particularly the Hutu

so again those with the "caucasioid features" (what a sh---ty concept! tongue) are not a proper representation of the entire population. they are a mix btn the bantu and cushitic ppls.
the average tutsi person does not look like Paul Kagame.

Tutsis... wink wink

#s 1(4)& 2(5) are the only "cushitic" looking ones.
the rest are "typical" tutsis.

Of course there have been some rebuttals to my argument for ex:

generations of gene flow obliterated whatever clear-cut physical distinctions may have once existed between these two Bantu peoples – renowned to be height, body build, and facial features. With a spectrum of physical variation in the peoples, Belgian authorities legally mandated ethnic affiliation in the 1920s, based on economic criteria. Formal and discrete social divisions were consequently imposed upon ambiguous biological distinctions. To some extent, the permeability of these categories in the intervening decades helped to reify the biological distinctions, generating a taller elite and a shorter underclass, but with little relation to the gene pools that had existed a few centuries ago. The social categories are thus real, but there is little if any detectable genetic differentiation between Hutu and Tutsi

that would be convincing HOWEVER let's check out the Rendille wink wink

obvious Cushitic influence...

obvious Nilotic influence...

Subdivisions]

According to Spencer (1973), the Rendille are organized into an age grade system of patrilineal lineage groups (keiya), which are subsumed under fifteen clans (group). Of those, only nine are considered authentic Rendille. These Northern Rendille or Rendille proper are consequently the only ones that are included in the traditional Rendille moiety (belesi). The remaining six clans that are excluded from the moiety consist of mixed individuals. Five of those clans are of Rendille (Cushitic) and Samburu (Nilotic) descent. Collectively, the latter hybrid groups are referred to as the Ariaal or Southern Rendille.

Religion[edit source | editbeta]

In terms of creed, many Rendille practice a traditional religion centered on the worship of Waaq/Wakh.[2] In the related Oromo culture, Waaq denotes the single god of the early pre-Abrahamic, montheistic faith believed to have been adhered to by Cushitic groups.[10]
Some Rendille have also adopted Islam or Christianity.[1]

and the Masaai
obvious Cushitic influence...

obvious Nilo-Saharan influence...

[img]http://www.kilimanjaro.co.tz/images/masai-warrior.jpg[/img]

Autosomal DNA[edit source | editbeta]
The Maasai's autosomal DNA has been examined in a comprehensive study by Tishkoff et al. (2009) on the genetic affiliations of various populations in Africa. According to the study's authors, the Maasai "have maintained their culture in the face of extensive genetic introgression".[24] Tishkoff et al. also indicate that: "Many Nilo-Saharan-speaking populations in East Africa, such as the Maasai, show multiple cluster assignments from the Nilo-Saharan (red) and Cushitic (dark purple) AACs, in accord with linguistic evidence of repeated Nilotic assimilation of Cushites over the past 3000 years and with the high frequency of a shared East African–specific mutation associated with lactose tolerance

Y DNA[edit source | editbeta]
A Y-chromosome study by Wood et al. (2005) tested various Sub-Saharan populations, including 26 Maasai males from Kenya, for paternal lineages. The authors observed the E1b1b haplogroup in 50% of the studied Maasai,[25] which is indicative of substantial gene flow from more northerly Cushitic males, who possess the haplogroup at high frequencies.[26] The second most frequent paternal lineage among the Maasai was Haplogroup A3b2, which is commonly found in Nilotic populations, such as the Alur;[25][27] it was observed in 27% of Maasai males.

the same "proto-horners" (most LIKELY Somali - as according to Masaai accounts and the Rendille language suggests) mixed with all of these people.

now one more thing about the tutsis, an interesting thing I learned is that the "bantu-ness" of tutsis is also in question as according to wikipedia:

Razib Khan, based on an analysis of the autosomal genetics of a single individual who is three quarters Tutsi, suggests that "the Tutsi were in all likelihood once a Nilotic speaking population, who switched to the language of the Bantus amongst whom they settled."

and that's interesting....VERY INTERESTING.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

if you want to use 'SUDAN'

lol 'western Sudan' was once used to describe west africa at one point.
that is why he said that. he is using classical terminology which is correct.

he was not talking about present day sudan grin

also early colonists 'anthropologists' tongue used to group africans into three categories:

sudanid (black north and west africans), bantu/negroid, and eithiopid
[img]http://www.africarte.it/foto-storiche/Zande-tipi.JPG[/img]

though we can see the differences,
what is a fact is that all of them are still black africans...
ALL OF THEM tongue
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 2:39am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:
1. Somalis were enslaved by the weak@$$ Italians. How pathetic. How can you lose to the Italians?
2. Somalis never controlled all the East coast. What are you even talking about? They only controlled part of the horn. Before the Portuguese and Oman take over of the Swahili coast, the Swahili were the ones who had a significant influence on trade and interactions with non Africans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkYI9Bvua8
^^Go to 29:06

And Mansa Musa had Ethiopian slaves. Big whoop. undecided

are you kidding, italians didnt enslave somalis, italians came to somalia in the 1930's. They actually came to somalia and freed the bantus, and invaded ethiopia and used the fact that ethiopia had slaves as a way to gain moral high ground.

you cant even get basic facts right. Italians enslaving people in world war 2, are you serious nigga?
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

are you kidding, italians didnt enslave somalis, italians came to somalia in the 1930's. They actually came to somalia and freed the bantus, and invaded ethiopia and used the fact that ethiopia had slaves as a way to gain moral high ground.

you cant even get basic facts right. Italians enslaving people in world war 2, are you serious nigga?

Stop with the lies you Kumayo! grin

You dont even know your own Somali history! The Italians came to Somalia well BEFORE the 1930s during the scramble of Africa. They failed to colonize Ethiopia, but they colonize Somalia along with the British. Come on son...

Are you serious nigga? Meanwhile Haiti was independent! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 5:01am On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Stop with the lies you Kumayo! grin

You dont even know your own Somali history! The Italians came to Somalia well BEFORE the 1930s during the scramble of Africa. They failed to colonize Ethiopia, but they colonize Somalia along with the British. Come on son...

Are you serious nigga? Meanwhile Haiti was independent! grin grin grin grin grin

In June 1936, after the war ended, Italian Somaliland became part of Italian East Africa. The new colony of the Italian Empire also included Ethiopia and Eritrea and was called Africa Orientale Italiana.

your an absolute idioot. it was only after the ottoman empire collapsed after world war 1 that italians came to somalia. even then they and the somalis invaded ethiopia to get the ogaden back.

In the first half of 1940, there were 22,000 Italians living in Somalia and the colony was one of the most developed in Africa in terms of the standard of living of the colonists and of the Somalis, mainly in the urban areas. More than 10,000 Italians were living in Mogadishu, an administrative capital of the Africa Orientale Italiana, and new buildings were erected in the Italian architectural tradition. By 1940, the Villaggio Duca degli Abruzzi (or "Villabruzzi"wink had a population of 12,000 people, of whom nearly 3,000 were Italian Somalis, and enjoyed a notable level of development with a small manufacturing area with agricultural industries (sugar mills, etc.).[19]
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

why do afrocentrics talk about the horn of africa, because they dont like the people they came from, they see you west africans as ugly african bootty scratchers.

they look at somalis who have nice hair, and straight nose and idealize us, they look at our great historical achievements that are tied to the rest of the world

2. never enslaved

i can go on and on.

When we talk about good looking people somalis are never part of it. I have never heard any westerners, Africans, Asians, Arabs , Latinos used Somalis when they talk about good looking people. When people talk about good looking men they talk about idris elba, Morris chesnut, Denzel, will smith, lance gross, and they are west african descent. You can't name a single somali or any horn that people will take as better looking that these men. None

When it comes the beauty of black women, it always Halle berry, Gabriel union, Megan good, sanaa Lathan and others the only somali that people talk about is iman. sexy and beautiful are never associated with Somalis. Ethiopians I understand they are very good looking, and it is always associated with their women. No one in their right mind would choose a horn men over any west african descent men whether west african, carribean or American.

Education

Without west Africans, most westerner will believe that we are dumb people who herd animals all day. I.E Somalis. In the western world it is mostly west Africans that challenge whites in school, when it comes to all the top colleges in the world it is mostly west Africans, when you go to hospitals around the world and you see someone from Africa it is mostly west Africans. While the horn is never seen or heard because let's call a spade a spade most are illiterates especially somalis.

Sports

When we look around the globe in the world of sports it is mostly west Africans and their descendants that dominate. Soccer in africa is dominated by west Africans mostly. Top african players around the world are mostly west Africans. In the America's black Americans dominate every single sports in that country, Jamaicans dominate when it come sprinting.

Entertainment

Top producers, singers, dancers, actors and actress are mostly west african descent without any noticeable somalis. American music the most popular in the world and black Americans dominate, reggae one of the most popular genres Jamaicans dominate. You have people such as Michael Jackson, Bob marley, jay z, tupac. When it comes to the African scene in almost every party it is mostly west african music.

There is not one aspect of life that a somali or the horn can beat a west african or west african descent. First of all we stronger, faster, smarter, and above all gifted in every facet of life.

Name one thing that a somali or is better than a west african or west african descent.

4 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

2. never enslaved

i can go on and on.

Keep talking in past tense, we had, we had. When one looks a somalis and Somalia we see misery, skinny people with deform head looking like Et with bad dental work, illiterates, malnourished people who can not perform in sports. Exactly what are somalis good at. Heck y'all can't even feed yourself, the whole world has to feed y'all or y'all will all die. Heck you don't even have mental capacity or the strength to swat flies away when they start buzzing around your face.

Name one thing somalis are good at.

Scratch that, let me rephrase that name one positive thing that somalis are good at becasue the only thing that comes to mind when I think of somali, chaos, famine, malnutrition people with bad teeth, pirates, illiterates. Not a single positive thing

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by somalia11: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Kingmojo:

Keep talking in past tense, we had, we had. When one looks a somalis and Somalia we see misery, skinny people with deform head looking like Et with bad dental work, illiterates, malnourished people who can not perform in sports. Exactly what are somalis good at. Heck y'all can't even feed yourself, the whole world has to feed y'all or y'all will all die. Heck you don't even have mental capacity or the strength to swat flies away when they start buzzing around your face.

Name one thing somalis are good at.

Scratch that, let me rephrase that name one positive thing that somalis are good at becasue the only thing that comes to mind when I think of somali, chaos, famine, malnutrition people with bad teeth, pirates, illiterates. Not a single positive thing

Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
somalia11:

In June 1936, after the war ended, Italian Somaliland became part of Italian East Africa. The new colony of the Italian Empire also included Ethiopia and Eritrea and was called Africa Orientale Italiana.

your an absolute idioot. it was only after the ottoman empire collapsed after world war 1 that italians came to somalia. even then they and the somalis invaded ethiopia to get the ogaden back.

In the first half of 1940, there were 22,000 Italians living in Somalia and the colony was one of the most developed in Africa in terms of the standard of living of the colonists and of the Somalis, mainly in the urban areas. More than 10,000 Italians were living in Mogadishu, an administrative capital of the Africa Orientale Italiana, and new buildings were erected in the Italian architectural tradition. By 1940, the Villaggio Duca degli Abruzzi (or "Villabruzzi"wink had a population of 12,000 people, of whom nearly 3,000 were Italian Somalis, and enjoyed a notable level of development with a small manufacturing area with agricultural industries (sugar mills, etc.).[19]

Former Italian colony, eastern Africa. It extended south from Cape Asir to the boundary of Kenya, occupying an area of 178,218 sq mi (461,585 sq km). Italy obtained control of it in 1889 and it was incorporated as a state in Italian East Africa in 1936. Britain invaded in 1941 and retained control until it became a UN trust territory under Italian administration in 1950. In 1960 it was united with British Somaliland to form the independent Republic of Somalia.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/297357/Italian-Somaliland

Stop kidding yourself.
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by lepasharon(f): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
^ why is ur issue with africans eating bushmeat..wat do yu guys eat?
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
lepasharon: ^ why is ur issue with africans eating bushmeat..wat do yu guys eat?

I guess this post was intended for somalia11
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nabhani: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
HAHAHA I LOVE THIS!. SOME QUALITY STUFF HERE!!

Here is lil' sumthin' for ya @KidStranglehold

The time for sailing commences in October, and the trade is open during the whole of the fair season. The greatest number of boats arrive from Zanzibar in the latter end of May ; three or four Arab boats, of those which visit Mandavie annually, are taken up for the African trade, but the greater part is carried on in Cutch boats and by Cutch crews. Among the merchants of Mandavie, the arrival of their "Suwallee" boats creates great excitement. An owner will liberally reward the messenger who brings the first intelligence of the arrival of his vessel : for this purpose the western bastion of the city wall is generally crowded, particularly about sun-set, with persons provided with telescopes...

The places on the coast visited by boats engaged in this trade are Burburra, Mugdasir (Mugdasho), Murka, Barawur, Lamoon, Bom- basir (Mombaze), and Zanzibar ; sometimes, but rarely, Mosambique. The three first ports are situated on that part of the coast generally denominated by the natives " Buradur," and the others on that called Suwallee. It is under the latter denomination that the whole of this trade is known in Cutch, and the fleet of boats which annually makes its appearance in May (as stated above) are called "Suwallee" boats. All the trade of the " Buradur" coast is carried on by Somaulis, who find their markets in the interior.

The Transactions of the Bombay Geographical Society, Volume 1 - 1844
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nabhani: HAHAHA I LOVE THIS!. SOME QUALITY STUFF HERE!!

Here is lil' sumthin' for ya @KidStranglehold

Good post. I remember you made this good post on my African phenotype thread.

Nabhani:

The Swahili people do not necessarily identify themselves as Arabs, however those with Arab ancestry may make mention it. Actually it's more common for neighbouring communities to call them “Waarabu” based on their supposed solidarity with other Arabs (on the coast), shared culture and Islamic heritage.

What the urban Swahili originally identified themselves as was “Waungwana”, which could translate to “the civilized ones”. To be accepted as one amongst them you had to possess a stone house, covet materialism, knowledgeable in local culture, fluent in the Swahili language and other miscellaneous things. Being an Arab or have Arab ancestry is not on the list of requirements for upward social mobility.

Before the Busaidi rule in Zanzibar, the newly arrived immigrants from Arabia were not permitted to live within core town settlements, instead had to live on the outskirts until their social status changed. The only Arabs that were exempt from this were those of Sharif ancestry.

Yet still, In the Swahili lands you can say the Swahili became Arabized and the Arabs Swahilized. So identities may overlap sometimes.

Here are some “Arabs” in Oman that returned after the Zanzibar revolution. They are called “Swahilis” by their fellow Omanis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PuzH45g6tM
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by Nabhani: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Good post. I remember you made this good post on my African phenotype thread.

Much respected famo
Re: The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians by lepasharon(f): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I guess this post was intended for somalia11

Oops..yep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos) / How Much Do Things Cost In Nigeria? / Police Station Built By David Okunato In Ondo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.