Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Prenuptial Agreements - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prenuptial Agreements (20712 Views)

Poll: Your attitude to prenuptial agreements?

Positive: 50% (54 votes)
Negative: 50% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / Guys, 'prenuptial Agreement' To Avoid Alimony, Palimony And D Monies? / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2010
For me, if you ask a woman to sign prenup and she refuses, there is only 3 things possible.

She is one of the following:

1) Cunning - She is aware of the reasons why you ask for one, she is aware of the rationale of its necessity BUT she is refusing because she wants to have something to hold you by the balls with just in case she needs. This type is the type that is more likely to milk you to death in a divorce.

2) Selfish - She is aware of the reasons why you ask for one, she is aware of the rationale of its necessity BUT she is so self-centred, she is willing to put her idealism before your peace of mind. This are the type of women that have some romantic notion but I don't think divorces have really ever romantic and the chances of her being romantic in divorce is like the chances of England winning the WC, so I will not risk joining in their idealism. Unfortunately, the consequence for me in divorce is worse than that for her failed idealism that will disappear once she realises what marriage really is.

3) Thick - She is NOT aware of the reasons why you ask for one and/or NOT aware of the rationale of its necessity. This is a dolt. She is dumb and does not keep abreast with important matters.

Whatever the section the woman falls in, none of the 3 traits is attractive as a life partner for me.

Cunning - This one fit even poison you or make you even father kids that are not yours.

Selfish - Thinks of only herself, sets the precedence for the marriage.

Thick - I would not do that to my kids, I will try and get them the best genes.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2010
Sagamite,

What of those that would be like, They are not after your money, Why should we sign a prenup and make romantic issues look like a contract, Why should you marry people you cant trust, I just love you I am not after your money etc bla bla bla.

A girl once asked the question about prenup in church and she was looked at scornfully. This girl just finished law sch and she knows but the church elders would have none of it.

The discussion came up yesterday at a party we had and one of my buddies was challenging me to explain the point of marriage.

Seriously he has a point. Imagine you the way you are right now and enjoying your life, 5-10yrs, the usual bubbly and well mouthed/lipped sagamite is now looking distressed like wetin dog vomit just because he married one girl.

Many married men are thinking of the same now, WHY DID I EVER GET MARRIED
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2010
dayokanu:

Sagamite,

What of those that would be like, They are not after your money, Why should we sign a prenup and make romantic issues look like a contract, Why should you marry people you cant trust, I just love you I am not after your money etc bla bla bla.

That is just the verbalised excuse. They fall into any of the 3 categories.

dayokanu:

A girl once asked the question about prenup in church and she was looked at scornfully. This girl just finished law sch and she knows but the church elders would have none of it.

That is why I don't go to church.

I don't care who you are, if you are preaching something stewpid in a public space, I will put my hand up and correct/debate with you.

dayokanu:

Seriously he has a point. Imagine you the way you are right now and enjoying your life, 5-10yrs, the usual bubbly and [b]well mouthed/lipped sagamite [/b]is now looking distressed like wetin dog vomit just because he married one girl.

Many married men are thinking of the same now, WHY DID I EVER GET MARRIED

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2010
LMAO sagamite, not to worry, we are not paying mortgage grin grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 05, 2010
[font= Arial Narrow]No prenuptial agreement should = no marriage. Simple. If you met your partner before he/ she or yourself came into money then I can understand. But if one of you are well off then it should be a requirement. I have NO tolerance for gold digging. Yea, sure it would be nice to be with a man who can provide for me but it's about principle.[/font]
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by bkbabe97y(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2010
I dunno, dawg! My daughter's moms wanted us to sign a pre-nup (just to show that she had no hidden agenda) I refused cus I trusted and loved her. In the end when everything went downhill and we seperated she never bothered me or tried to take anything, thats why I left her the house and kept paying the mortgage until she was able to do so herself. She'll always remain my friend for life just cause of that. I dont know if I'll ever get another woman like that

I say; WHY MARRY SOMEONE YOU CANT TRUST? Although, u gotta be careful about most of these 12 fin*gered thieving hos scampering around today.

Anyways, I aint never getting hitched again. Maybe in about 13yrs from now when I'm almost 40, but until then. . . . . . straight up smashing baby!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
Prenups are just another western culture that we Nigerians are trying hard to copy . . . If my husband insists, I'll sign. Otherwise, I dont see the need for it! undecided

bk.babe97y:

I dunno, dawg! My daughter's moms wanted us to sign a pre-nup (just to show that she had no hidden agenda) I refused cus I trusted and loved her. In the end when everything went downhill and we seperated she never bothered me or tried to take anything, thats why I left her the house and kept paying the mortgage until she was able to do so herself. She'll always remain my friend for life just cause of that. I dont know if I'll ever get another woman like that

I say; WHY MARRY SOMEONE YOU CANT TRUST? Although, u gotta be careful about most of these 12 fin*gered thieving hos scampering around today.

Anyways, I aint never getting hitched again. Maybe in about 13yrs from now when I'm almost 40, but until then. . . . . . straight up smashing baby!

You are married and divorced @ 27 undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

Prenups are just another western culture that we Nigerians are trying hard to copy . . . If my husband insists, I'll sign. Otherwise, I dont see the need for it! undecided

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paw_2EJBzFs[/flash]

[Heads out to bank to withdraw the savings for the engagement ring]
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2010
Lol grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by bkbabe97y(m): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ujujoan:

You are married and divorced @ 27 undecided

Lol. Yeah!Before I was 25!!! grin. Got married maaaaad young! You know when u got that "Super Man" feeling, think u know it all, are financially stable, got a degree, and ure seriously in love? Yeah, that one! thats what Happened!lol

I'm not the marriage type (not yet anyways) I'm too busy and dont even got enough time for myself, to talk less of giving attention to another person! Hey, it is what it is. wink
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^ Oh great, look what marrige has turned into . . . some sort of experiment! cheesy

Anyways, to each his own! cool cool
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by bkbabe97y(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^Dearie, MARRIAGE IS A FACADE. A big farce!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
Not to me! cool

C'mon, I think deep down you want to find a wonderful woman to share the rest of your life with, you just dont know it yet! wink cheesy
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
bk.babe97y:

The part in bold is the trick and dont fall for it. Most ppl who had terrible marriage and nasty divorce at some point in time trusted their wife.

The woman was the best thing that happened to them. Until,

Even If you trust her, Sign a pre-nup that would make her take something if she can stay for 15yrs in the marriage
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
dayokanu:

The part in bold is the trick and dont fall for it. Most ppl who had terrible marriage and nasty divorce at some point in time trusted their wife.

The woman was the best thing that happened to them. Until,

Even If you trust her, Sign a pre-nup that would make her take something if she can stay for 15yrs in the marriage

Although I am sure there are woman that would not want to milk you in divorce, but from my experience, I am yet to meet a woman that does not want to take a swipe during break-up (even though they will claim they are not doing it).

Furthermore, even if she has absolutely no intentions of doing such, I would not guarantee anyone that she would not change are mind when her lawyers tell her she is "entitled" to it. That is when she would start convincing herself that her contribution is worth half of what YOU sweated for. Well the law says so, hardly do you see people questioning what is favourable to them. Human's are not that upright and altruistic, no matter how nice mannered they are.

I will trust my wife, I just don't trust the system. The system is out to f me up.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^ Sagamite,

Dont underestimate a woman when she is out to get you.

Hell hath no fury like a woman . . ,,

I know of a guy whose wife suspected he was cheating because he came home late. They had an heated argument. The woman was like "I would show you today", ran downstairs grabbed the phone, dialled 911 and started crying on the phone that her husband has been beating her.

The guy ran out of the house the cops came she gave them the guys details and told them that after drinking beer, He would descend on her and beat her up.

Of course the guy got a record. if he didnt run away that day he would be in jail.

Thats the extent a woman can go when pissed. When they now have legal backing? Dont even fuc-k with them
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^ No doubt, I will leave her that very day.

But that is another example of the stewpid, moronic laws of the West. I ffing hate the retards that set their laws.

No doubt women have to be protected from domestic violence but if there is no evidence of physical abuse, police officers should not be able to arrest on the spot or in some cases should not be able order the man to leave his OWN house.

If she feels unsafe and claims there has been violence than since the police are there, she should find it safe to escape/leave the house. He should only be arrested if there is clear signs of physical assault or a witness is there that saw or heard it or he has a record of domestic violence.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
Thats the major thing.

i think I might even install hidden cameras in the house self.

Cos by the time the cops come, They would take you away and before any question.

Its basically your words against hers and if she talks to some women and they tell her to invoke the VAWA act on you.

Then your life don dabaru be dat.

This particular girl wey I dey talk na Naija girl o that grew up in Naija and came here recently (2004) So dont think its only Oyinbos that do it
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by bkbabe97y(m): 12:56am On Nov 08, 2010
dayokanu:

I know of a guy whose wife suspected he was cheating because he came home late. They had an heated argument. The woman was like "I would show you today", ran downstairs grabbed the phone, dialled 911 and started crying on the phone that her husband has been beating her.

The guy ran out of the house the cops came she gave them the guys details and told them that after drinking beer, He would descend on her and beat her up.

Of course the guy got a record. if he didnt run away that day he would be in jail.

Thats the extent a woman can go when pissed. When they now have legal backing? Dont even fuc-k with them

Sounds like this one crazy Nigerian gal that tried to pull the same stunt on me. Very violent thing. Cus she came to the U.S with the belief that women got rights over here; she was always trying to exercise those rights by beefing with anyone (her family/friends/anybody) then calling the police. I found it weird that she always asked questions about how to get someone or the other arrested. To think this gal had only been in the States for about 6-8 months at the time!!!!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Ndipe(m): 1:00am On Nov 08, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Sounds like this one crazy Nigerian gal that tried to pull the same stunt on me. Very violent thing. Cus she came to the U.S with the belief that women got rights over here; she was always trying to exercise those rights by beefing with anyone (her family/friends/anybody) then calling the police. I found it weird that she always asked questions about how to get someone or the other arrested. To think this gal had only been in the States for about 6-8 months at the time!!!!

That's her goal? Having someone arrested? Hmmm, tell her that what goes around comes around.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 1:06am On Nov 08, 2010
Ndipe:

That's her goal? Having someone arrested? Hmmm, tell her that what goes around comes around.

Nothing comes around!!!

People have to fight the fking stewpid law!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by bkbabe97y(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2010
Ndipe:

Dude, thats like the most evil biyythc, eva!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by spikedcylinder: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2010
Chai. The kain women you guys meet sef. . . . . undecided
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 1:21am On Nov 08, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Chai. The kain women you guys meet sef. . . . . undecided

No doubt it you give humans unregulated rights, you are bound to see some abuse those rights.

If a set of RETARDED people create a bill that gives one human a right to punish/settle grievances with another human without need for proof, of course that right would be abused.

These retards have set a law that basically tells the police to treat a man in any claim of domestic abuse/violence as GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!

I really don't know how people are not challenging that under some human rights legislation.

You can't tell me to leave my house over some accusation that is not proven, or evidence of, does not exist. If anyone feels unsafe/threatened, then they are free to leave with the full force and protection of the police. That is what the law should say.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by spikedcylinder: 1:26am On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

No doubt it you give humans unregulated rights, you are bound to see some abuse those rights.

If a set of RETARDED people create a bill that gives one human a right to punish/settle grievances with another human without need for proof, of course that right would be abused.

These retards have set a law that basically tells the police to treat a man in any claim of domestic abuse/violence as GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!

I really don't know how people are not challenging that under some human rights legislation.

You can't tell me to leave my house over some accusation that is not proven, or evidence of, does not exist. If anyone feels unsafe/threatened, then they are free to leave with the full force and protection of the police. That is what the law should say.

Iwo l'omo ejo to gbe kale. Ba mi ninu yara je ka pari nkan ti a beere.
Walahi, mi o ni pe 999! wink grin grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 1:32am On Nov 08, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Iwo l'omo ejo to gbe kale. Ba mi ninu yara je ka pari nkan ti a beere.
Walahi, mi o ni pe 999! wink grin grin grin

Bi oshe maa maa pariwo, she ni awon ara adugbo ma pe 999 npe bobo yi fe paa babi yi sha.  cool grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by spikedcylinder: 1:33am On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Bi oshe maa maa pariwo, she ni awon ara adugbo ma pe 999 npe bobo yi fe paa babi yi sha.  cool grin

Olodo ara galatia. O tie lo'n ro pe o le sha? tongue tongue grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 1:39am On Nov 08, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Olodo ara galatia. O tie lo'n ro pe o le sha? tongue tongue grin

Emi o le o. undecided Koboko mi lo le o! O de ma nsha'na.  cool
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by spikedcylinder: 1:43am On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Emi o le o. undecided Koboko mi lo le o! O de ma nsha'na. cool

Ina nikan? Omi nko? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 1:49am On Nov 08, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Ina nikan? Omi nko? grin grin grin cheesy

Ina nikan ni o. To ri . . .

Shebi you like koboko?

I know you like koboko.

Nigerian girls gbadun koboko

I know they gbadun koboko

South African girls need koboko

I know they need koboko

London girls like koboko

I know they like koboko
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by spikedcylinder: 1:58am On Nov 08, 2010
Thank goodness say I be Tanzanian girl. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Plus, haven't you heard? I am a lesbo na. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 2:10am On Nov 08, 2010
^^^ Hmm.

Make I just back down, make I forgive you.

If I go on, all dem girls would be hot under the collar.

Na me you think say you fit talk dirty pass?  undecided

Me? Sagamite aka "Dutty talker" aka "Naughty teddybear" aka "Balogun leyin obinrin" aka "Hot boy" aka "I'ma flirt" aka "Hold on to your chic" aka "Prof of womantology" aka[i] "I'ma hit that"[/i] aka "Juice lover" aka "She wants it" aka "Mo baaad gan" aka "Professional ashewo" aka "No waste time" aka "funminigoodstuffjor" aka[i] "How do you wanit?"[/i] aka "Mo ni issues"? undecided

Don't try it again.  grin

O le to! (You no hard reach that)  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) / Missing Person Please Help (pic added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.